B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    she looks like a man- i dont think he'd go for her either with the fact that he has dated elisha cuthbert and rachel hunter,....
    i think he has a standard of feminine looking women only

Exactly what I was thinking there is no way that is a chick! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    lol @ Crysby
    [size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]

hopefully tonight , the NYR can:

1 ) Get a body in front- near the crease

2 ) Shoot The Puck

3 ) Make the Power Play work to our advantage already

4 ) Play the body when you need to, play the puck when you need to .

5 ) GET THE 2 FUCKING POINTS - IN REGULATION ! ! !

3 more to go after tonight- i believe we will wind up having a game in hand on some of the others at the end,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    lol @ Crysby

2 ) Shoot The Puck

3 more to go after tonight- i believe we will wind up having a game in hand on some of the others at the end,...

that works for me :)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hes alittle girl

give me alex the great anyday

LETS GO RANGERS!! ill be sure to curse at crysby tonight

It's a battle boys !!

1 point seperating 5 thru 8 in the East !

Gotta root Crysby tonight ;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    lol @ Crysby

2 ) Shoot The Puck

it was nice to watch this one from home. and they did three of those things, at least they didn't give up the extra point to a team directly in front or behind them in the standings and this is chris drury's time of year.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    it was nice to watch this one from home. and they did three of those things, at least they didn't give up the extra point to a team directly in front or behind them in the standings and this is chris drury's time of year.
    Shoulda won in regulation!
    alright that was fun

im tired as hell though

nice to see the pp get 2 ,,even though they were 5-3 and 4-3

drury .... what can u say 7 game winners this year
  • D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132
    when's the last time the Rangers had an "always in the right place at the right time" kind of player like Drury? He's awesome...
    the only prediction i forgot to leave out was Sean Avery beating Ryan Malone up.,....

:eek:

who wouldve guessed Gomez would provide the screen in the crease ?

I would also emphasize about the playing the body/puck part also-
    Rozsival was defensively tight as a drum- he wouldnt let Crysby get inside and cut to the net on him- Roszy is awesome .

5-3 on The Penguins this year. ( we got their # )

We got the edge on them and like X Man has been saying I am not sold on their goaltending.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    I don't know, I'm a pessimist when it comes to this team, but the Eastern Conference is up for grabs, anyone can take it if they can get hot at the right time.

What bothers me is if the Rangers PP was just a few percentage points better, they'd be first seed, not hoping for fourth at best.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I don't know, I'm a pessimist when it comes to this team, but the Eastern Conference is up for grabs, anyone can take it if they can get hot at the right time.

What bothers me is if the Rangers PP was just a few percentage points better, they'd be first seed, not hoping for fourth at best.

agreed. if we end up 6th, i don't want washington first round.

i have all of my devil friends saying, "if the rags weren't 7-0 against us, they wouldn't be in the playoff picture at all."
    agreed. if we end up 6th, i don't want washington first round.

i have all of my devil friends saying, "if the rags weren't 7-0 against us, they wouldn't be in the playoff picture at all."

i'll take 4th seed- gladly.

we can go 8-0 undefeated against Los Diablos,
    go back to newark !
    Playoffs & Henrik at The Garden Home Ice Advantage = unstoppable

maybe we can finish 4th and devils 5th, so we'd get them in 1st round--with the home ice ?

:D

Lewts hope the Fishsticks can knock off them devils tonight- i'll be watching .
    platessmall.jpg
    washington won,
    devils beat the isles in OT.
    :rolleyes:

we arent getting any help elsewhere.
    platessmall.jpg
    The Blog Headquarters supercomputer has been spewing out probabilities left and right, and my understanding is yes, if Carolina loses in regulation to Tampa Bay tonight, the Rangers are in.

Furthermore, if the Devils get even a point, the Rangers would be guaranteed not having to play Ottawa in the first round because the Senators then couldn’t catch New Jersey.

Why does this matter? Some of you would argue this doesn’t matter at all since the Senators are a shell of what they were. But I still think of that team as dangerous given its firepower and experience.

In fact, what may qualify as a best case scenario for the Rangers is a four-five match-up against the Devils while the surging Capitals meet Ottawa in a three-six. That way one of those two teams—both of which contain a bit of an X-factor—is gone after the first round.

And by the way, don’t think for a second the Rangers are taking their 7-0 record against the Devils this season for granted. As players and coaches have said, those wins have almost all come down to a single save or flukey lapse—Nigel Dawes’ shoulder anyone?—and could very easily have gone in the other direction. It may give the Rangers confidence in their ability to come back against the Devils, which they did in each of the last two wins. But that’s about it.

Is this all premature? Of course.

But that’s just what we do here.

More in a bit….
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=3323825

Don't kick Isles while they're down; give 'em the great outdoors
    By John Buccigross
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)
    Updated: April 1, 2008, 7:38 PM ET

Whether you are Marty Turco, the late Mother Teresa, Billy Mayfair or Michael Stipe, faith is dealing with the doubt that is always tied to you, an anchor tied to you with a silver chain. In goaltending, religion, golf or art, there is always doubt. It's natural. It's useful. It's why we have faith.

So, in order to endure and, on occasion, succeed, one must have the courage and energy to battle, have faith and believe.

The New York Islanders are in a perpetual battle to overcome doubt. Right now, there is little reason to believe. Faith is not a Hill on Long Island, it's a mountain. The Islanders have not won a playoff series since Ray Ferraro hit David Volek with a perfect saucer pass at 5:16 of overtime on May 14, 1993 in Pittsburgh.

The Islanders' arena, Nassau Coliseum, is like being inside a 1987 Pontiac Sunbird with the floor mats missing and Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven is a Place on Earth" cranking in the cassette player.

They have no budding superstars in their system, although Kyle Okposo is a start. They need to lose their last three games to increase their chances of winning the draft lottery and selecting Steven Stamkos with the No. 1 overall pick in this June's draft. (Don't know who Stamkos is? Watch this .)

Now that is faith. And hope.

Back to reality.

Despite all of this negativity and doubt, the Islanders still believe. From top to bottom, they continue to grind and attempt to resuscitate a dormant franchise.

"Islanders TV" is the first 24-hour Internet television network devoted to a sports team. The Islanders launched it in October 2006, hiring producers with cameras to follow the team around 24/7. After eight months, the NHL took notice and signed a deal with NeuLion (owned by Islanders owner Charles Wang) to create "Islanders TV" clones for all 30 NHL teams, plus NHL.com and NHL Center Ice. After the NHL signed on, the NBA's Knicks followed, and NeuLion has been in talks with other NBA teams and leagues as well.

Wang, you see, is an ideas man and hires ideas people. But I would like to see the NHL step in and give the Islanders and their passionate fans a little more of a boost. I would like to see the NHL grant the Islanders an outdoor game against the Rangers in Yankee Stadium. Talk of an outdoor game in Yankee Stadium goes back to 2006.

With the ratings success of the Penguins-Sabres matchup this past New Year's Day, the outdoor game has suddenly become the centerpiece of the NHL regular season. Every team wants to be part of this. The exposure, broad-based marketing and traction from this season's outdoor game made just about every NHL team salivate. Imagine how many baby blue Penguins jerseys were sold after that game? And the teams salivating the most are teams like the Islanders, who are struggling for their own traction. I think they deserve a break. Why? Well, I'm just a nice guy. I also think it makes more sense than a Bruins-Rangers game.

An Islanders-Rangers outdoor game, aggressively marketed in New York City and across all NHL platforms, would at least match the ratings from the Sabres-Penguins tilt. That game drew a 2.6/5 overnight rating, the highest regular-season NHL overnight rating in over a decade. The rating was higher than for Wayne Gretzky's last NHL game in 1999.

I mean, we are talking Yankee Stadium here. Imagine the buildup this game would generate in the nation's largest media market. The national anthem performed by Simon and Garfunkel, billboards, funny and nostalgic commercials during the summer and fall, promises of surprises, and so on. This is too easy. The steady buildup of this game would crescendo into a big-time New York City event. Using that energy and buildup as its base, the NHL could sell the Islanders-Rangers rivalry to the rest of the country and continue to work its way back into the mainstream sports radar.

[+] EnlargeAl Bello/Getty Images

Bucci's plea to the NHL: Let the Islanders play the Rangers in Yankee Stadium next season.

The lslanders are the only U.S.-based team and NHL club other than Montreal to win four consecutive Stanley Cups. No other U.S. team has won even three Cups in a row. Its alumni are still young and recognizable. An old-timers' game with all those great Stanley Cup Islanders, as well as Pat LaFontaine, Ferraro, Pierre Turgeon and other younger former Islanders, could go up against the Rangers' alumni, which will have Brian Leetch, Mark Messier and Gretzky. Magic. What better reason to invite back Oleg Kvasha!

The Rangers-Islanders rivalry would light up a rink, burst through the television screen and earn very good ratings. It is one of those regular-season games that truly feels like a playoff game. That's what makes any outdoor game better. A hard-hitting, meaningful battle is the cherry on top of all the Yankee Stadium marketing the game will receive.

You might find two other U.S.-based teams with a rivalry close to Islanders-Rangers, but you won't find a better one. And having the game in New York makes the most sense if it's Islanders-Rangers, as much sense as a Blackhawks-Red Wings game in Wrigley Field or a Penguins-Flyers game at Penn State.

It is good sense and would help a franchise in need of a little help, a franchise that has a passionate owner who had a passionate-GM-turned-good-television-analyst make very bad trades. Sports are meant to be played, watched and experienced with passion, but administered with cold, calculating thought. The Islanders learned that the hard way.

C'mon, NHL, give the Islanders a break. Give them a reason to believe, some faith, some hope. Everybody will win. Even Oleg Kvasha.

And one more thing …

I went through all of the remaining games in the East and came up with these final standings:

Pittsburgh -- 103 points
    Montreal -- 102
    Carolina -- 94
    New Jersey -- 99
    Rangers -- 98
    Ottawa -- 96
    Philadelphia -- 94
    Washington -- 93

Your playoff matchups: Pittsburgh vs. Washington, Montreal vs. Philadelphia, Carolina vs. Ottawa and Devils vs. Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I went through all of the remaining games in the East and came up with these final standings:

Pittsburgh -- 103 points
    Montreal -- 102
    Carolina -- 94
    New Jersey -- 99
    Rangers -- 98
    Ottawa -- 96
    Philadelphia -- 94
    Washington -- 93

Your playoff matchups: Pittsburgh vs. Washington, Montreal vs. Philadelphia, Carolina vs. Ottawa and Devils vs. Rangers.

Penguins v Caps series would be awesome!!! Two young teams on the verge like this could be one for ages!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Penguins v Caps series would be awesome!!! Two young teams on the verge like this could be one for ages!!!

i still have to be swayed by seeing the Penguins make it out of round 1 .

caps are way scarier ( to me ) then the Penguins .
    platessmall.jpg
    oh boy ,,,,here we go!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i still have to be swayed by seeing the Penguins make it out of round 1 .

caps are way scarier ( to me ) then the Penguins .

I think both teams have to many question marks at this point to make a deep run in the playoffs ......But to see that many high end offense young guns in one series would be phenomenal!!!
    Take Sean Avery of the New York Rangers who seems to have one of the nastiest reputations among today's agitators. This guy can get under another players' skin almost by just skating past him. Throw in a mean word and an elbow, and the gloves are off. But in contrast to a few other so-called goon types, Avery is quite a skilled player and makes important contributions to his team not only by fighting, protecting some of the star players, but by also skating hard, playing defense and most important having the ability to score and score key goals at times. On occasions, Avery will get himself and the Rangers in trouble by playing a bit too aggressive, maybe a little too on edge, but the positives of his game are generally more than the negatives particularly in the playoffs.

this was taken from CBS Sportline
    platessmall.jpg
    alright 2:45 till game time

are we ready ?????????????????
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    alright 2:45 till game time

are we ready ?????????????????

can't wait to see ranger fans take over that shit hole of an arena tonight and hear the chants of, "season's over!"
    PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

hopefully its coming together at the right time

pp looking alot better

SEASON'S OVER SEASON'S OVER

gotta love that chant in our 2 nd home
  • Yes! See you in the playoffs. Jagr looked great on those power play goals and Lundqvist is getting hot.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Henrik is good- but he cant do it all himself , to get to the cup .

Id love for us to get 4th , gotta watch not only NJ but also Ottawa, and the Flyers.

Lets Go Rangers

65 goals for Ovechkin?

wow !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Id love for us to get 4th , gotta watch not only NJ but also Ottawa, and the Flyers.

ok
    i was wrong on that
    boston and ottawa are the only ones that can catch us, and we are the only ones who can overtake the devils .

we can go to as low as 7th i believe.

PLAYOFF TICKETS
    ON SALE TUESDAY

New York Rangers 2008 Stanley Cup Playoff Tickets go On-Sale Tuesday, April 8, beginning at 10:00 a.m., exclusively via Ticketmaster.

A friend with season tix told me that if they make the finals, he will have paid more for his playoff tix than his season tix.

devils tix are already onsale- if youre that confident that it will be us vs them ,.....

oh all the irony in the fact that we are all rooting for the flyers tonight over nj.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Here's a little more info about the playoff ticket sale:

In an effort to have tickets available to as many fans as possible, a maximum of two tickets per person may be purchased, in any combination for the six potential home games during Rounds One and Two. Tickets are extremely limited and will be available in the 300 and 400 levels and start at $84.50 :eek: for Round One and $104.50 :eek: for Round Two.

And folks were complaining about PJ ticket prices?
    Jw
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Here's a little more info about the playoff ticket sale:

In an effort to have tickets available to as many fans as possible, a maximum of two tickets per person may be purchased, in any combination for the six potential home games during Rounds One and Two. Tickets are extremely limited and will be available in the 300 and 400 levels and start at $84.50 :eek: for Round One and $104.50 :eek: for Round Two.

And folks were complaining about PJ ticket prices?
    Jw

wha wha what!? start at 84.50 for 300/400!? throw us a bone! thats absurd!
    amazing that carolina lost tonight, so washington can instantly jump from spot number 9 into playoff contention in the 3rd seed with a win tomorrow :eek:

what a race !
    platessmall.jpg
    WOULD OF BEEN NICE TO BEAT THOSE BUMS....

well if we WIN IN REGULATION SUNDAY we get home ice

wow this is crazy !!

poor canes ,they are gonna dog it