B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    At least he holds himself accountable unlike that other team that occupies the building.

absolutely-

afer i saw replays i caught him in lockerroom postgame on MSG-NY
    he was definitely down and placed the blame on himself.
    Jagr also- he acknowledged them trying to slide thru with a 1 goal lead ( not enough ) until a mistake is made and they pay .

correct me if i am wrong, but i think i heard 1 more regulation "W" and we are playoff bound, is that correct ?

Im confident we wil handle the Diablos next game.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    At least he holds himself accountable unlike that other team that occupies the building.

Sean Avery is at the front of the line of people who pin last night's 2-1 overtime loss to Philly on Sean Avery. "I'd say it's more disappointing how it happened," Avery said of the loss. "I make a terrible play in the end and they go down and score. It just wasn't a very good play, that's for sure. We made two mistakes, primarily both by me, and that's the difference in the game." Well, it's true that Avery's cross-ice pass in OT cost the team the winning goal, after his unnecessary icing and his mistaken coverage off the ensuing face-off cost the team the tying goal in the third period.

But is that really why the Rangers lost this game? Only in the most literal, myopic way of looking at a hockey game. When I examine my own play after a game (which I do to try to help myself get better), it doesn't matter if someone else made the critical play to allow a goal, I only care whether I did something that ultimately led to the goal that I could have avoided. I recall once when my defenseman got the puck deep and I cut up the middle looking for a breakaway pass. He tried to hit me but the pass was intercepted and the other team scored. Everyone blamed the defenseman for attempting that risky pass -- I blamed myself for putting him in the position of making that pass.

So don't blame Avery for losing this game -- mistakes will happen in a hockey game, guaranteed. "A 1-0 lead is not enough," said Jaromir Jagr. "Sooner or later somebody is going to make a mistake. That's what happened and they tied the game. We had some chances. There were a lot of scoring chances." Instead, it would be more instructive to identify how the Rangers got into a position where those errors would cost them a third period equalizer and an OT winner. The envelope please -- well, you don't have to be Karnac the Magnificent to know in advance what the answer is. The power play.

The Rangers controlled this game for two periods, despite missing their top point producer, their number one defenseman, and their primary penalty killer. They had good scoring chances and limited the Flyers to very few -- only a dozen shots on goal through the first forty minutes. The defense was there, despite a reliance on crapshoot blueliners like Marek Malik and Christian Backman and Paul Mara playing his first game in a month with a full mask. The goaltending was there when the Flyers did get an odd chance here or there.

What was missing was a power play goal, one lousy stinkin' power play goal. The Rangers had the only three power plays over the first 25 minutes, an accurate reflection of their control of the game. One power play goal gives them a two-goal lead they can successfully protect against a team like the Flyers that cannot win if it scores less than three goals. But the Rangers went 0-for-4 to make it 0-for-16 in the last five games and 1-for-30 in the last nine. And that allowed the Flyers to believe that they were still in the game.

"That's the difference right now," said Avery. "You have to convert your power play chances. We have to turn it around." "The power play's gotta come through for you," said coach Tom Renney. "We sure could have used one tonight. I saw some good push, some move toward the net, some chances. What we didn't do was a middle drive, traffic at the net. We didn't drive hard through the middle and look for the ugly goal." "That's the best the power play has looked in a while," said Chris Drury. "We all know it's not good. Get to the middle and shoot -- get to the middle and shoot! Some nights we do that -- most nights we don't."

Still, despite the disappointment of losing the extra point (as opposed to winning a point with a third period comeback in Philly), the Rangers have no reason to dwell on this loss. This time, they were the injury-riddled team, playing remarkably well without Scott Gomez, Michal Rozsival, and Blair Betts, and the Flyers were as close to full health they are going to get this season. With all of those injuries short term ones, even with reports of Gomez having torn cartilage in his ribs, with Jaromir Jagr playing a dominant puck possession game, and with the power play ultimately being a correctable problem, there is no reason for the Rangers not to press forward in the last few games and into the playoffs.

Predictably, a small number of Ranger fans judged the overtime error as a popularity contest and blamed Malik for it rather than Avery. Listen to Mike Richards, the goal scorer, describe his game winner: "I was going to try and go forehand and try to go upstairs, but he was right there. The defense was right there and I shoveled it in. The puck kind of hopped up on me and just trickled over his pads. A garbage goal, yeah. It wasn't the prettiest or where I wanted to shoot it. We got a little bit lucky."
    platessmall.jpg
    [size=+2]Gomez to be a game-time decision; Jagr to wait until end of the season[/size]
    March 27

So Scott Gomez took part in the morning skate and left the ice with most of the regulars—all indications that the team’s leading scorer will be back in the lineup tonight against the Devils.

But according to Gomez and Tom Renney, that decision hasn’t been made—or at least it’s not ready for public consumption.

“It’ll be a game-time decision. I’ll take warm-ups and go from there,” Gomez said. “Like I said, it’s up to the coaches. But if I can go, I can go. You don’t want to sit out at this time of the year.”

The question isn’t whether Gomez can risk further damage to his ribs, because the feeling is he can’t, but rather how much pain he can tolerate. If he’s at all compromised, Renney will likely hold him back one more game. But either way, the fact that this is even being discussed shows Gomez has made significant progress in even the last 24 hours. Because yesterday at this point, there was virtually no chance Gomez was going to play.

As for what this does to the lineup, Renney said he’ll have two lineups made up—one with Gomez in it, one with him out. No word on who would be scratched, but you’d like to think Petr Prucha’s return lasts more than one game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Colton Orr who is given a breather, but we’ll have to see.

Regardless of what happens up front, Marek Malik and Jason Strudwick will be the scratches at defense.

And then there’s Jaromir Jagr, who responded to questions about a pending meeting with Omsk general manager Anatoly Bardin with usual comic flair.

“I said a long time ago I have to finish the season. Whatever happens after that, I don’t know,” Jagr said. “We’ve got a long ways to go. I’m here. I know you don’t see me in some games, but I’m still here.”

I asked Jagr if he has any meetings set up with Bardin.

“We’re going to go to dinner and all that stuff….I’m just kidding,” Jagr said. “I don’t have any plans.”

Jagr then pointed out that maybe Bardin was coming to New York only to talk about Alexei Cherepanov. Maybe, it was noted, the two European wings have been traded straight up from one another.

“Good trade,” he said. “It would be good for the Rangers.”

Jokes aside, I wouldn’t doubt the fact that Jagr would listen if his old team wanted to talk. He originally said that it was the first he had heard about Bardin coming, then corrected himself later and said he had heard “something” about it.

But I don’t think he would have any sort of conversation about next year while the Rangers are still playing.
    platessmall.jpg
    that first period was like watching paint dry.

are they trying to win 1-0 again ?

whats up with the devils disrespecting gomez like that ?

wtf ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    the overhead replay of dawes slidding into the net with the puck looked hilarious. don't know why, but it gave me a good chuckle.

good to see shanny finish... just need straka to do the same. i feel like this guy is well over due. doing alot of things right, just can't finish.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    wwowow tied with the devils ...

everybody wins tonight

this is crazy

way to go drury and dawes and cally :)

and henry

BIG WIN !! LETS GO RANGERS!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    hoping the Caps take the 3rd seed and the Rangers play Washington in the 1st round
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    :D Lots of very HAPPY people in my house last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • we need to beat pitt in these next to games in regulation time so we are only 2 points out of the first seed!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Can't get too greedy, they were talking about the team shooting up to fourth when they went to Florida and Tampa, and look how that turned out.
    just shoot for the top 4 and home ice.
    platessmall.jpg
    NYR havent dominated a team in a season ( like we have the Devils this season )
    since 1967-68s Toronto Maple Leafs .

congrats NYRs
    platessmall.jpg
    So Martin Brodeur and the Devils think the Rangers got lucky last night in winning on a goal that caromed in off Nigel Dawes. Well yes, if you think that it was bad luck to not get away with dragging Dawes down before he could score the old-fashioned way. Brodeur also thought that maybe karma has shifted to the Rangers after his good fortune against them all those years -- or maybe karma came back to bite the Devils for attempting to take advantage of another bit of luck. Remember the Community Chest card in Monopoly -- "Bank error in your favor"? Well, the bank wants its money back, and the Devils so far have refused to return it (story here). There is no truth to the rumors that the new tag line in Newark will be, "New Jersey Devils -- Our Name is Earl."

taken from the Bulletin
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    So Martin Brodeur and the Devils think the Rangers got lucky last night in winning on a goal that caromed in off Nigel Dawes. Well yes, if you think that it was bad luck to not get away with dragging Dawes down before he could score the old-fashioned way. Brodeur also thought that maybe karma has shifted to the Rangers after his good fortune against them all those years -- or maybe karma came back to bite the Devils for attempting to take advantage of another bit of luck. Remember the Community Chest card in Monopoly -- "Bank error in your favor"? Well, the bank wants its money back, and the Devils so far have refused to return it (story here). There is no truth to the rumors that the new tag line in Newark will be, "New Jersey Devils -- Our Name is Earl."

taken from the Bulletin

as great and impressive as it is to be 7-0 against them this season... they did own our ass from like 98-02.

didn't the devils go something like 25 games without losing to the rangers in regulation during that stretch??
    as great and impressive as it is to be 7-0 against them this season... they did own our ass from like 98-02.

didn't the devils go something like 25 games without losing to the rangers in regulation during that stretch??

two words

the trap

drury interviewd talks about " Blood and Guts " or,

who Gomez called Black Magic

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=15218&catid=543
    platessmall.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    two words

the trap

drury interviewd talks about " Blood and Guts " or,

who Gomez called Black Magic

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?type=fvod&id=15218&catid=543

Yea I was gonna say that.
    I miss igotid88
    UPDATE: So why, you might ask yourself, would the Rangers consider playing a game in Omsk? One possible answer: it would be a way to help Avangard make money in exchange for releasing Cherepanov in a way that would not technically be a transfer fee. But the folks at the NHL are too smart to let that one slip by them -- we've learned that the NHL will not sanction such a game if Russia maintains its refusal to sign the NHL-IIHF Player Transfer Agreement.
    platessmall.jpg
    Sean Avery in hooker's black book
    BY JOSE MARTINEZ and TRACY CONNOR
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Saturday, March 29th 2008, 4:00 AM

Antonelli/News

Sean Avery claims he is the victim of a practical joke, and wasn't the client of Manhattan madam Kristin Davis (below).

Jason Howard
    Rangers hockey star Sean Avery's name and private cell phone number are in the little black book of Manhattan madam Kristin Davis.

Avery, 27, a trash-talking enforcer who has dated a string of models and actresses, is listed as a $500 client of brothel Maison de L'Amour.

Contacted Friday at the number in the records, the pretty boy known in the NHL as "The Animal" at first laughed when told where his name had turned up.

"For some reason, I highly doubt that," Avery told the Daily News, insisting he was the target of a practical joke.

"It's April Fools' Day coming up and I'm not going to fall for it."

It's no joke. His name is one of more than 2,000 on a computer spreadsheet, detailing Davis' X-rated operations, obtained by The News.

In a later statement, Avery denied using Davis' services.

"This assertion is false and defamatory," Avery said. "I was never a client of Ms. Davis, nor of any prostitute."

Maison de L'Amour was the madam's midrange prostitution service, farming hookers out to Manhattan hotels for $500 dates. High-rollers went to her Wicked Models service, where prices started at about $1,200 and went upward of $3,900.

Some of the johns on the client list had notes next to their names with their credit card numbers, preferences or cancellations.

There was nothing next to Avery's name and number - just a note that the price was $500 cash.

Born in Canada, Avery played for the Detroit Red Wings from 1999 to 2003 and then for the L.A. Kings until 2007, when he joined the Rangers.

The Rangers, who paid Avery $1.9 million, did not return calls for comment. Avery's publicist, Nicole Chabot, said, "We deny there is any truth to the story."

A despised figure among some hockey fans for his aggressive play and egregious penalties, he's a heartthrob on the social scene and a fixture on the gossip pages.

His ex-girlfriends include supermodel Rachel Hunter and "24" cutie Elisha Cuthbert. Maxim magazine described him as No. 1 in "Hollywood hookups" - presumably the kind you don't have to pay for.

In an interview with Maxim, Avery displayed his customary humility when asked his secret to dating beautiful women. "I must have a really good smile," he said. "I've got a great personality as well."

Avery's name was one of the most prominent on Davis' client list, which listed $1.1 million in business.

Other johns may have reason to be worried. The madam's lawyer, Mark Heller, threatened Friday to release the names of the customers if Manhattan prosecutors won't cut a deal with his client.

"Somewhere down the line if we have no other way out that is something any defense attorney would have to consider," he said yesterday.

Davis, 32, was arrested this week and charged with running a high-end prostitution ring that raked in millions with hookers in New York, California and Pennsylvania. She's being held on $2 million bail but was allowed to leave Rikers yesterday to meet with her lawyer, who had a sitdown with prosecutors.

Heller said he tried to convince the district attorney's office they should be going after the johns instead of his client - with little luck.

Many of the johns on the client list are wealthy, successful professionals.

There's a lawyer who specializes in mergers and acquisitions, an Internet entrepreneur, and a former media executive who apparently had a thing for "schoolgirls that wear white."

The clients were horrified to learn the call-girl ring had kept their personal information in a dossier. "I think it's pretty clear from your list that I went to a hooker, but that's not something I am very comfortable discussing with you," one man said.

Another said his inclusion on the list must be a mistake.

"I guess this is all fallout from that Gov. Spitzer stuff, huh?" he said. "Well, if you knew my wife, then you would understand why I wouldn't want to make a habit of going to call girls."[/quote]

todays front page :
    gal_frontpage_0329.jpg

the hooker :

amd_davis.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • i don't think it's true and that girl looks like a trainwreck..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    i don't think it's true and that girl looks like a trainwreck..

she looks like a man- i dont think he'd go for her either with the fact that he has dated elisha cuthbert and rachel hunter,....
    i think he has a standard of feminine looking women only
    platessmall.jpg
    bad night in the standings

philly boston and washington won
    March 30, 2008
    Scenario is Black and White For Rangers
    The time is now for the Rangers. The playoff race tightened up over the week, with the Rangers playing one or two fewer games than anyone else. They remain in sixth, and they have one or two games in hand on everyone. But they will have to win those games not only to solidify or improve their playoff seeding, but just to ensure any seeding at all -- nine teams are still in the race, and ninth place is only three points behind with five games to play for the Rangers and three for Washington.

With a magic number of four to clinch a playoff spot, it is almost imperative for the Rangers to win their two games in hand. But if they do indeed win them, they can use the others to try to capture home ice advantage in the opening round, and maybe even catch the Penguins for first place, longshot though that may be. It all starts this afternoon in Pittsburgh with the first of a two-day home-and-home series against the Penguins, a nationally televised game in which Sidney Darling is the NHL's Great White Hope, not America's Team, the Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    ...a nationally televised game in which Sidney Darling is the NHL's Great White Hope, not America's Team, the Rangers.

I don't get this statement. Why would he be referred to as the NHL's Great White Hope when 99% of the league is white? And the league has been sucking Ovechkin's dick a lot more than Crosby's, so whatever.

And what makes the Rangers "America's team"? The colors on their jersey?
  • I don't get this statement. Why would he be referred to as the NHL's Great White Hope when 99% of the league is white? And the league has been sucking Ovechkin's dick a lot more than Crosby's, so whatever.

And what makes the Rangers "America's team"? The colors on their jersey?

those are good points, that statement is dumb.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    were making things rough on ourselves ughhhhhhhh
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    were making things rough on ourselves ughhhhhhhh

word up
    platessmall.jpg
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    With two games at hand today's loss doesn't sting as bad, but I can't help but worry with their last 4 games being the Pens, the islanders who've been a thorn in their side and New Jersey, but Im keeping the faith.
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
    T-Case wrote:
    With two games at hand today's loss doesn't sting as bad, but I can't help but worry with their last 4 games being the Pens, the islanders who've been a thorn in their side and New Jersey, but Im keeping the faith.

we are 7-0 against los Diablos this season.

:)

we need 2 or 3 out of the final 4 .(for good position and possibly home ice )
    platessmall.jpg
    In addition to his News article, John Dellapina takes on Sidney Crosby in Blueshirts Blog here and here. The reverse-angle replay that supposedly shows Crosby being hit in the mouth by Gomez's stick actually demonstrates conclusively that he was not hit by a high stick and that he embellished the call. First of all, you can't conclude from that angle whether he was hit in the mouth or whether the stick blade was away from the mouth -- just like on the Nigel Dawes goal the other night, where you can't tell from the overhead angle that his arms were in the air, not on the ice. And in a shot that shows Crosby's mouthguard right after being hit, there is no black mark on it. But even if he was hit in the mouth, the stick was hand-high, which is not high sticking -- Crosby's face was low, and that's not a penalty. And his whiplash reaction can plainly be seen to take place well after the alleged hit in the mouth -- if it was indeed a high stick, than that's embellishment.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    In addition to his News article, John Dellapina takes on Sidney Crosby in Blueshirts Blog here and here. The reverse-angle replay that supposedly shows Crosby being hit in the mouth by Gomez's stick actually demonstrates conclusively that he was not hit by a high stick and that he embellished the call. First of all, you can't conclude from that angle whether he was hit in the mouth or whether the stick blade was away from the mouth -- just like on the Nigel Dawes goal the other night, where you can't tell from the overhead angle that his arms were in the air, not on the ice. And in a shot that shows Crosby's mouthguard right after being hit, there is no black mark on it. But even if he was hit in the mouth, the stick was hand-high, which is not high sticking -- Crosby's face was low, and that's not a penalty. And his whiplash reaction can plainly be seen to take place well after the alleged hit in the mouth -- if it was indeed a high stick, than that's embellishment.

hes alittle girl

give me alex the great anyday

LETS GO RANGERS!! ill be sure to curse at crysby tonight