B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    from what i remember , most of the last 2 seasons games against Penguins ( even with Sid The Kid and Malkin ) have all been decided by 1 goal,..

no real dominance there.

theyre beatable.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    And so the numbers continue to mount -- 8-0-3 in the last eleven, 13-3-3 in the last 45 days since a disheartening Garden loss in the back half of a home-and-home with Boston, 7-0-2 in their last nine on the road. Most encouraging is the way the team has been resilient, rebounding quickly from the few blips they suffered during that stretch -- back-to-back wins over Atlanta after those losses to Boston, back-to-back wins in Philly and Jersey after the post-All-Star break loss in Carolina, another shutout win in Philly after consecutive home losses to L.A. and Anaheim, blowing out Buffalo after an OT loss in D.C. and a five-day layoff, another big win in Buffalo after blowing the five-goal lead in Montreal and stewing over it during three off-days, and coming back to win this game after gifting the Isles their shootout win the other night -- a win made even bigger with the Pens, Sens, and Bruins losing last night.
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    im in playoff mode mentality already ....
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    im in playoff mode mentality already ....

word !

and this dreary, rainy, dank day is calling out for tomorrow afternoons matinee against The Bruins .

pity we have to wait another 24 hours,....

can you tell i am jonesing ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    word !

and this dreary, rainy, dank day is calling out for tomorrow afternoons matinee against The Bruins .

pity we have to wait another 24 hours,....

can you tell i am jonesing ?

lol today would have been perfect

i have to miss going tom.
    im in long island and im taking the gf home for the 1st time after her tragic loss
    as long as i get a tv in front of me ill be find
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol today would have been perfect

i have to miss going tom.
    im in long island and im taking the gf home for the 1st time after her tragic loss
    as long as i get a tv in front of me ill be find

its tough
    my GF lost her Pop not too long ago also-
    the wounds stay fresh for a long time ,..
    everyday is a reminder,..

god bless.

as for the NYR - theyre hitting full stride right at the righht time

SNY :

Rangers hit stride just in time
    Consistency leads to wins for Blueshirts
    By Zachary Braziller / SNY.tv

The Rangers have come together on both ends of the ice to make a strong late-season push. (AP)
    print this pageemail this page

This is no longer a sample of victories or string of good luck. This is an extended stretch of play that could define the Rangers.
    In their last 11 games, they haven't lost in regulation. They have won eight times, seven without the need of overtime, and fell in the shootout. Since Jan. 20, the Rangers have missed out on nine of a possible 38 points, to the tune of a 13-3-3 mark.

They have staged comebacks and held leads, won low-scoring affairs and piled up goals when either their defense or goaltending wasn't up to par.

For the Rangers, the next step is consistency, to play the aggressive, controlled hockey we have seen over the last month and a half across the season's final 23 games.

It has been obvious in stretches, for a month period between late October and early November and far more recently. Now, a bad performance is still a point, and sometimes two. The Rangers get off to bad starts, then plow ahead. They blow leads one night -- like that five-goal advantage they held in Montreal Feb. 19 -- and get immediately back on the horse two nights later.

Maybe this is the Rangers team we were waiting for all along. Scott Gomez and Chris Drury have found a niche, a position and linemates they feel comfortable with. Gomez, the speedy center, has come on to lead the Rangers with 66 points. He has formed, with Sean Avery and Jaromir Jagr, a puck-controlling troika.

The Rangers, too, have returned to their defensive roots. Instead of forcing the action and playing too fast, the Rangers have regained own-zone responsibility while sustaining their attack, reasons they are second in the East in goals against.

Henrik Lundqvist, remarkably, has been average through much of this run, taking all three of their recent losses His backup, Steve Valiquette has emerged as trustworthy in relief, beating the Flyers twice. The best part of Thursday's 4-1 victory over the Islanders, behind the closeout third period, was The King's 26 saves. Shanahan remarked afterwards of Lundqvist's improvement this year when it comes to bouncing back.

At one point near the bottom of the Eastern Conference in goals scored, the Rangers have risen in that statistic. They have scored 37 goals in their last nine games. Jaromir Jagr has yet to catch fire, stuck on 58 points, but Brendan Shanahan, Gomez, Drury and Sean Avery have been consistent point-producers.

The young guns -- Brandon Dubinsky, Nigel Dawes and Ryan Callahan -- have reestablished themselves, too. The Rangers don't have any 100-point scorers, but at least seven with over 30, including defenseman Michal Rozsival.

The Rangers are no longer purely a defensive team, as was the case in their early string of victories. They aren't the high-scoring machine some predicted before the season. They are solid on each end of the rink, with steady, if not spectacular, play in the back -- from Lundqvist and a mix of veteran and young defenseman to an army of forwards whose skills are as varied as their style.

Entering play Friday, the Rangers, despite all their stops and starts, hot streaks and lulls, are points off the pace in the race for the Eastern Conference and Atlantic Division lead. New York sits in sixth place, two points ahead of the seventh-place Bruins and two behind fifth-place Ottawa.

It isn't hard to imagine the Rangers with the best record in the league when it's all said and done, primarily because of their play of late.

Zachary Braziller is a regular contributor to SNY.tv.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    3 hours till the game !!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!
  • no zdena chara today, he's out with a shoulder injury.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    How insane was the goaltending in that game? From both sides! Great game, sucks that Boston got a point, but what can you do? At least we got the two. Bring on Buffalo!

All hail King Henrik!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • That save Henrik made, was one of the best I've ever seen him make
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    GREAT GAME great goaltending

2 BIG POINTS!!!!!!

NIGEL IS THE NEW SHOOTOUT WEAPON!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    first NYR goaltender to record 9 shutots in a season since
    1966-1967 & Ed Giacominn
    platessmall.jpg
    ok kids boston game is behind us

SHUFFLE OFF TO BUFFALO

another big one ,,, vally or the king tonight? hmnnnn

hard to take the king out after yesterday
  • Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

this would be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!
    March 9, 2008 -- We have known for a time that Glen Sather believes Sean AverySean Avery is worth approximately $2.75M a year, given the RangersNew York Rangers ' stance in contract negotiations with the impending unrestricted free agent.

Talk About It On The Rangers Blog

What we have just learned, however, is the GM believes Avery is worth more to the Rangers than Steve Bernier.

A well-placed source has told The Post that Sather rejected a San Jose trade deadline offer of Bernier, the 22-year-old, 6-foot-2, 225-pound, emerging power winger, for Avery. Thus denied, the Sharks then sent Bernier and a first-round draft choice to the Sabres in exchange for prospective unrestricted free-agent defenseman Brian Campbell. The Penguins, who themselves had been trying to get Bernier, then made their deal for Marian Hossa.

In other words, it was Sather's decision not to move Avery for Bernier - made with significant input from others within the organization, we're told - that created the domino effect in which Hossa and Campbell, the two prime impending free agents on the market, went to Pittsburgh and San Jose, respectively.

It will be Sather's decision whether (and how much) to factor in his trade deadline decision when negotiations resume with Avery following the end of the season. Of course, Avery's play the rest of the way -Broadway Sean has recorded eight goals in his last 10 games - will account for more than a small share in measuring his long-term value to the organization.

Avery and the Rangers go into this afternoon's match at the Garden against the Bruins on an 8-0-3 streak in their last 11, and a 13-3-3 run since losing a 3-1 game at home in desultory fashion to the B's six weeks ago today. They're primed not only to stake their claim to a playoff berth, but also to make a run at first place in the East and home-ice through the first three rounds of the tournament.

In order to have a realistic chance of doing that, however, the Rangers must improve on a power play that ranks 19th in the NHL at 16.9 percent. In order to be more productive on the specialty unit that has sputtered from Day 1, the point men need to shoot even before seeing the whites of the opposing penalty killers' eyes and Jaromir JagrJaromir Jagr needs to slip one in every once in a while.

Jagr, who remained on the ice for an extra half-hour with Steve Valiquette and assistant coach Perry Pearn following yesterday's practice to work on his shot, has scored a total of four power play goals this season, and none in 22 games since Jan. 4. Jagr scored seven on the power playlast year after getting 24 two years ago on his way to a franchise-record 54-goal season.

"With Jaromir, it's just a matter of encouraging him to get the puck to the net," Tom Renney said. "He needs to move the puck aggressively and himself aggressively.

"I want to make sure he understands that the whole end zone belongs to him, that he can influence where the puck goes. I'd like to see him get himself to the blue paint too, because I don't think opposing defenses can handle him in front.

"The payoff is still the shot, and he's got one."

Paul Mara, who suffered a series of facial-bone fractures two weeks ago tonight in Buffalo, has been skating on his own since Tuesday and might be able to return "in a week to 10 days," according to Renney.

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    thats an interesting piece on Avery- perhaps they will iron out a deal after the season but before July 1,..

I say let Henrik go for #10 tnogith up in Buffalo.

And I hope they are traveling by superbus-( with lots of snow shovels ) the snow up there is brutal from what i saw on the news,....it almost impacted the Springsteen show the other night at the HBC Bank Center,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Good Luck Tonight Boys

Let's Go Rangers!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NICE 5TH AND CLIMBING !!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN though the refs were trying to kcuf us

horrible refs horrible

peters throwing punches from the bench ???? 10 mins misconduct only

no roughing for throwing punches from the bench?? give me a break
    and the interference call on the tying goal ??? horrible he was pushed in so blatant bullcrap

but we won ,, thats all that matters

just frustrating watching these refs

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
  • there's no point anymore in getting frustrated with the refs. the interpretations change from game to game.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    there's no point anymore in getting frustrated with the refs. the interpretations change from game to game.

YEA BUT THATS CRAZY dude

punches from the bench and no roughing ? peters started it
    orr did nothing wrong how can that rule change? lol

eh whatever
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    YEA BUT THATS CRAZY dude

punches from the bench and no roughing ? peters started it
    orr did nothing wrong how can that rule change? lol

eh whatever
    im with ya on the refs ... every fuckin game is dif... hank talinder gets nailed from behind a couple games ago... clearly illegal... not even a call ...are u kiddin me ... know hes been out for 2 games and counting

peters is always doin stupid shit ... just like last year when he went after emery ...

:( my poor sabres ... what has management done to this team
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

good morning thread
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    :):)

good morning thread
    lol, good morning J
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    lol, good morning J

good morning sir

how bout some victories against the fly-girls!!
  • some tough choices to root for tonight:

boston at ottawa - ottawa wins in regulation they move two ahead of the rangers for fifth and keep boston three points out.

new jersey at montreal - new jersey wins in regulation, they move five points ahead of the rangers. montreal wins in regulation they move four points in front of the rangers
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    DEVILS WANT IN

BUFFALO - With everybody who has a stake or a say on board, the Rangers' role as hosts for a Winter Classic hockey game at Yankee Stadium next winter is all but assured.

But who will provide the opposition?

While the Islanders have been pushing hard for two years to participate in such a game, they appear to rank at least fourth on the list of potential "visiting" teams. According to one source familiar with the planning, the slot is the Boston Bruins' if they want it, with the Detroit Red Wings as a fall-back position.

"I heard Detroit's playing," Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios said after practice yesterday. "Awesome, to be part of the last event at Yankee Stadium would be something special."

However, another source insisted that Devils president Lou Lamoriello will exercise his considerable influence at the league level to ensure that this historic event on the banks of the Harlem River winds up as an edition of the ongoing Battle of the Hudson.

"No comment," Lamoriello said Monday of any Devils' involvement.

But when asked if the team would be interested in playing in such a game, Lamoriello replied: "Sure we would. We would consider anything like this."

While a Rangers-Islanders or Rangers-Devils game would have local crackle, bringing another major U.S. television market into the mix would figure to significantly improve the ratings. And that is a major consideration considering that the NHL views the Winter Classic as a way to heighten nationwide interest in the game, while NBC would attempt to use the event to promote its 2010 Winter Olympics coverage.

While the NHL - with considerable input from NBC - has yet to determine the combatants, representatives from the league already have begun mapping out the logistics. A group of Rangers and league executives performed a site survey of the Stadium on Thursday.

During the visit, they discussed potential positions for the rink, how many tickets could be sold and even the possibility of digging down into the field to drop the ice surface so the fans in the lower deck would have better vantage points.

NHL reps recently made a similar visit to Wrigley Field. But the Yankee Stadium option has pushed all others back in line because of its once-in-a-lifetime nature - the 85-year-old ballpark will be torn down as part of the project that has a new Stadium opening for the 2009 baseball season.

Details remain to be worked out. League officials are concerned about possible too-warm weather in early January but NBC believes New Year's Day is clearly the best place on the schedule.
    some tough choices to root for tonight:

boston at ottawa - ottawa wins in regulation they move two ahead of the rangers for fifth and keep boston three points out.

new jersey at montreal - new jersey wins in regulation, they move five points ahead of the rangers. montreal wins in regulation they move four points in front of the rangers

NO TIES !!!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL I HOPE FOR

I GUESS WE NEED THE HABS TO WIN
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    NO TIES !!!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL I HOPE FOR

I GUESS WE NEED THE HABS TO WIN
    hahaha, you're going to be disappointed
    Rygar wrote:
    hahaha, you're going to be disappointed

your're playing for 1st overall in the east

curious,,,,, do u say this for reverse psychology? do u realy believe you're always gonna lose?

i dont get it ? again just curious