NY PJ1 wrote:
    the gratton kid is a scrapper ,,can never have to many of those
    Well true, but my team threw away the only scrapper they had :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the conference results during another week of little activity for the Rangers -- so far, four of the five teams ahead of them in the standings have picked up points, as have for of the five teams directly behind them. Fortunately, the Rangers' big weekends the past two weeks will help them reach tomorrow night's game in Carolina still in playoff position. Elsewhere in the organization, the Wolf Pack have sent Tommy Pyatt and Chris Holt to Charlotte to make room for the incoming Gratton and LeNeveu --

hope we can keep up our momentum and gain some points
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    would love to seem them end up in the 6 spot and face carolina first round.

don't want ottawa or pittsburg first round. the pens are tough, imagine when a healthy crosby comes back.

but still alot of hockey to be played.

can't wait for the home and home against the isles next week. that is going to be intense.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    would love to seem them end up in the 6 spot and face carolina first round.

don't want ottawa or pittsburg first round. the pens are tough, imagine when a healthy crosby comes back.

but still alot of hockey to be played.

can't wait for the home and home against the isles next week. that is going to be intense.

Still early for the matchup game, but you guys are in town tomorrow night for a little preview of what could be if the Canes and rangers meet up. Pretty even matchup right now as both teams are playing well. You guys actually have a chance to even the series up with a win. ;) I can't blame you for wanting to play us in the playoffs though. We have been decimated by injuries all year. I'm amazed that we have been able to hang in there.

Regarding the Montoya trade. I hope he ends up being a good one. It'll make that autographed puck I have worth a little more. Stupid me. I was getting autographs at the draft that year. I have one puck and a brochure from the draft. Sitting in front of me are Malkin, Ovenchkin, Montoya etc. I pick the silly American goalie to sign the puck and have everyone else (future Hart candidates) sign the little piece of paper. Actually 2 of those guys sitting at the table got traded yesterday. Montoya and Ladd.
    Brian
    imagine a 1st round series against the Islanders,......

:eek:

platessmall.jpg
    here we come Raleigh, here we come,....
    platessmall.jpg
    we are tied with boston for 6th spot.

we need to distance ourselves of them in a forward position.
    platessmall.jpg
    Czechs VS Swedes

February 27, 2008
    New European Council

jagsczech-thumb.jpg

Since Jaromir Jagr arrived in New York during the 2003-04 season, this team has been dominated by Czechs. Management has catered to this by bringing in more Czechs to satisfy Jagr and his desire (as it would be anyone’s) to have fellow countrymen skating along side him.

With the trade-deadline moves made yesterday, it now seems that this balance has changed. Of course, there is still five Czechs on this team (Jagr, Straka, Rozsival, Malik and Prucha), which is a substantial number. But the newcomers - the Swedes, lead by incumbent King Lundqvist and his reunited chums, Fredrik Sjostrom and Christian Backman - are now making their mark.

Henrik Lundqvist was the toast of the town (or the part that cares about hockey, anyway) when he burst onto the scene three years ago. He was electric, sending a buzz through the crowds at MSG. It didn’t matter where the guy was from, as long as he kept playing the way he did.

Yet, there was always something novel about the fact that he was from Sweden. Canadians, no matter what type of player they are, tend to be gritty individuals; hockey first, life second. Eastern Europeans tend to enjoy the artistry of the game; hockey as an extension of both the beauty and toughness of life. In the landscape of the NHL, it’s not too hard to differentiate between the two.

But Western Europeans, well, they’re just different. Lundqvist is laid back and comfortable in the spotlight, while at the same time there’s a toughness and privacy in everything he does. He’s ultra competitive, but won’t let his emotions sway his game.

Yesterday, he was openly happy to have more people of his ilk in neighboring lockers.

“Bring in more Swedes,” Lundqvist was playfully shouting across the room after yesterday’s practice.

“No, no. More Czechs,” Jagr responded.

It was a whimsical quip, but it said a lot about the complexion of a NHL locker room. The cultural differences are so vast among these guys that it’s hard to understand how they communicate at all on the ice.

But, as much as Jagr might kid, he’s happy both Fredrik Sjostrom and Christian Backman are here. He knows they’re going to make Lundqvist happier, as he has been in the same situation himself.

When Jagr showed up in Pittsburgh for his rookie season in 1990, he was the only Czech on the team. It wasn’t until Jiri Hrdina was traded to Pittsburgh mid-season that he had someone he could naturally converse with. It still resonates with Jagr now, who throws every pro-Czech sentiment at Lundqvist with a smile.

“I remember when I was in that situation, when I was by myself, I didn’t have anybody from my country,” Jagr said. “It’s tougher. We have a lot of great guys, but still it’s not the same.

“You want to be able to speak your own language,” he continued. “You know, every country has a different sense of humor and they way they talk. I’m sure it’s going to help them, and help [Lundqvist] and help the team. I think they’re very good players.”

And that brought the captain back on topic. It’s about this team, right now, and what they need. They need to win games, and that equation is not easily figured out, no matter the nationalities involved.

I'll let Jagr do his own talking, first on the trade deadline:

“I’ve been here for three years and . . . I think Glen [Sather] doesn’t panic. He was okay when we didn’t play our best. He had confidence that whatever we had out here was good enough to make the playoffs and make a long run, even when we didn’t play well. I’m not surprised he didn’t make any big moves. Maybe if we played different lately,” (like if they weren’t 5-0-2 in their last 7), “we’d be in a different position and he might have to do something. But it’s telling me he has confidence in what we’ve had all year long - even if no one else has.”

And while we’re on the topic of confidence, check out what Jags had to say about this team, as it’s assembled right now:

“I don’t think this team was built just to make the playoffs. You know, right now we look like we’re going to be happy just to make the playoffs but this team wasn’t built just to make the playoffs. We want to make some run and maybe win the Cup.”

Is this the first time since training camp that we’ve heard the word Cup?

“All the changing and combinations to find the best strength, putting the pieces together, it takes time. I think we finally are getting closer and closer to that."

He kind of sighed after that, realizing he'd been as candid as he's been all year.

“That’s my opinion," he continued, pulling off his pads. "That’s the way I see. I feel a lot more comfortable and I think everyone else does.”

Well, if that word 'Cup' wants to make it back into this team’s vocabulary, it has to start with the Swede in net and the Czcech up front. At least Hank can crack at him now in his own language.

Also, Prucha said he’s ready to play tomorrow night. Renney said he’s still unsure and is going to take a look at him tomorrow in the early skate. He looked a lot more mobile in practice and did some work on the penalty kill, which is encouraging.

Colton Orr is not expected to play tomorrow. His chest injury is still keeping him out of the lineup and he looked protective at practice. The new tough guy, Josh Gratton, was immediately sent to Hartford, so don’t expect him to fill the void. I don’t like Orr out of the lineup, but maybe someone besides Dubinsky or Avery – both too large a part of this offense to be fighting – will step up. Ryan Hollweg? Has anyone seen Ryan Hollweg?

bcyrgalis@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Not looking like it's gonna be a very good night for my Canes.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Not looking like it's gonna be a very good night for my Canes.

& another good night for Dubinsky and Avery.

Ruutu is gonna get his come- upins-

sooner or later.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    That wasn't easy but a big two points tonight. They scored some great goals tonight especially Dubinsky and Shanahan.
    Jw
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we are tied with boston for 6th spot.

we need to distance ourselves of them in a forward position.
    Given that there is 9 points from 1st to 9th place in the conference....good luck ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Given that there is 9 points from 1st to 9th place in the conference....good luck ;)

The Bruins are without question on a little bit of a " tear "
    been ripping thru opponents.
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    They absolutely manhandled the Pens last night. Pens didn't put in their best effort but the B's had their number regardless.
    Very tight conference this year.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    They absolutely manhandled the Pens last night. Pens didn't put in their best effort but the B's had their number regardless.
    Very tight conference this year.
    Absoultley manhandled by the Pens, Tim Thomas has to be the weirdest looking goalie in the league imo.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    more concerning to us NYR fans is this Backman guy

do we attribute his horrific debut in the red white and blue to jitters ?

The guy ammassed i dont know how many penalty minutes in the game, not a great 1st Impression.

The other guy Sjoestrom ( ? )
    seemed to be quick and on top of the puck- so far so good.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    more concerning to us NYR fans is this Backman guy

do we attribute his horrific debut in the red white and blue to jitters ?

The guy ammassed i dont know how many penalty minutes in the game, not a great 1st Impression.

The other guy Sjoestrom ( ? )
    seemed to be quick and on top of the puck- so far so good.
    From what i heard on trade deadline day from a guy in St.Louis was he's played bad all year.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Yeah, Backman took three minor penalties yesterday and should have gotten that double minor for highsticking in the third that the refs gave to Staal by mistake.
    Jw
    tomorrow 1230 pm drop

ill be able to gawk at some of this while at work

go get the flyboys ( again )

yes !

Little news today as the Rangers watch twelve of their fourteen conference rivals match up against each other. The good news is that three games feature close playoff rivals going up against each other -- the bad news is, those games have had an alarming tendency of going into overtime, costing the Rangers an extra point in the standings. On the home front, Jaromir Jagr is going to have to go on some kind of tear to get his contract extension -- even his current run of nine points in six games is not enough of a pace to get him the 28 points he needs in his last 17 games.

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Bathgate66 wrote:

But wow are their games boring to watch. They might even be worse to watch than the Wings.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    OK

Now its a few games in

Backman seems to be still taking very p[oor penalties at the very wprst pf times.

WTF ?

5-1 against the Flyboys this season, with only 2 more matchups- it appears we have Daniells # . Nittymaki- whoever,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Wish u won won in regulation :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Wish u won won in regulation :(

true these 3 point games are helping our division become even tighter !
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    WOWOW wacky game today..

lots of flyers fan at msg wanted to kill them lol

but we'll take the 2 points

im sure nbc was happy :rolleyes:
    pens win no good

fishsticks lose GOOD

sabs wings 1-1 after 1
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Great game by the Rangers, gotta love it when the Flyers go down can't stand them either. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

great orr fight also :)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    This is Valiquette's 3rd win against the Flyers this season.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    This is Valiquette's 3rd win against the Flyers this season.

well we know when henry will be getting 2 def. days off in the last 5 weeks lol