B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Kid Line To The Rescue

January 18, 2008
    The Line on the Kid Line
    While the Rangers' power play remains AWOL and the top scorers continue to struggle to finish their plays, a new source of offense has emerged over the past three games -- a third line made up of young energetic players who know their way around the offensive zone. Brandon Dubinsky, who cut his teeth in the first half of the season centering Jaromir Jagr, has a goal and two assists in the Rangers' last two wins. Right winger Petr Prucha, the "veteran" skating with two rookies, has two goals and two assists. Left winger Nigel Dawes, making a strong bid to stick with the team in his latest call-up from Hartford, has a goal and two assists. All three are +4.

Even in the team's last two losses, they were bright spots -- they first emerged in the 6-2 collapse to Philadelphia when coach Tom Renney benched his top players in frustration and rewarded them as one of two lines that kept skating, and saw a lot of ice time, including power play time, in the loss to Pittsburgh. "There's something about being young and not necessarily knowing the potential catastrophe and dismantling that some of us older guys have seen on teams in the past when things don't go well," Brendan Shanahan told the Daily News. "I think there's something to be said about young guys just going out and playing relaxed like it's just another game."

"They're excited to play together," Renney said after the 4-1 win over Montreal last week. "They do the things we look for and they take great pride in it. I like the synergy between those three kids. They work hard in both ends of the rink and have the ability to score." After the win over Buffalo, he said, "Watching footage after the game, it looks like they're playing, and they're also playing responsibly and coming back hard. They work relentlessly to keep the puck in, and they get rewarded for it [with goals]. It's got the makings of something beyond tonight."

"We can’t sit here and say Scotty and Jaromir have to get three points a game or we’re not going to win," Dubinsky said. "We’ve got to focus on chipping in. In a game we score, we’re going to have a pretty good chance to win because those guys are going to do their thing naturally. If you add a goal, it’s going to give us an advantage. We're trying to be really focused out there and make sure we don't make any mistakes. We get the puck in deep, we board check and create energy. When we do that, we get turnovers. We create chances for ourselves and for each other. We have some talent on our line, so I think we can finish some plays. And we're having fun doing it."

"He's been great for us," Chris Drury said of Dubinsky, the center skating in the spot he held down for much of the first half of the season. "He comes hard every night and every day. He works his tail off at practice, and it has shown." "We're pretty similar players," said Prucha. "I know where [they're] going to be and they know the same about me. It’s good for everybody. It’s good for our confidence. It’s part of our game that we were missing. I've felt pretty good with them the last couple of games. I hope we’re going to keep scoring."

Another young player, Greg Moore, was reassigned to Hartford today, according to Blue Notes, a move expected in the wake of Shanahan and Sean Avery returning to action. In other news, Shanahan discusses his last-minute hit to protect the Ranger lead in Blueshirts Blog, Rangers Report, and Blue Notes. Looking at the video clip at Slap Shot, it was perhaps a penalty, but nothing more -- it wasn't that bad. The Post looks at the Rangers taking too many penalties. The Daily News looks at Paul Mara. The Rocky Mountain News looks at the Rangers' disappointing season. NY Sports Day has a report on the Buffalo game. Ryan Callahan's home town paper looks at his move back to Hartford. The Courant looks at the Wolf Pack's second half prospects, as well as their week ahead. Howlings has a preview of their next game. Charlotte came back late to win its last game. And Prospect Park looks ahead to weekend action at the amateur level. And check out who's in Vanity Fair this month -- Sean Avery, what a surprise!

We're less than a week away from Brian Leetch night, next Thursday at the Garden. The festivities actually begin the day before, Wednesday at 6:00 PM at the Rink at Rockefeller Plaza, where Leetch will skate with fans for the benefit of the Ronald McDonald House of New York. Joining Leetch will be Mark Messier, Mike Richter, Adam Graves, Jeff Beukeboom, Rod Gilbert, and Stephane Matteau -- for info, click here (it's not cheap). The following night, the festivities at the Garden being at 6:30 PM -- that's 6:30, not the usual 7:00 starting time. For those who don't have tickets, there is still room at the viewing party that will be held in the Theater at Madison Square Garden, with seating beginning at 5:30 -- click here for information.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    win one
    lose one
    1 step forward 2 steps back

we are on the outsdide looking in right now,

if this keeps up thats where we'll stay.
    platessmall.jpg
    looking like the rangers of not too long ago

overpriced and oversigned hodgepodge of a team.

dubinsky and dawes are our only brightspots.

whats happened to henrik.

drury= -14 ? :eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    lord help me (us)
    "They played smarter than us," said Jagr. "They didn't have anything, they just put it in the neutral zone. We just pressed against five guys. When they had the chance, they scored. They played very smart against us -- we wouldn't adjust. We had some scoring chances, but not that many. We should have a lot more. We didn't spend any time in their zone -- as soon as they have the puck, they just put it in the neutral zone, high pass off the glass, and they just skate. They didn't take any chances, didn't make any risky passes." Asked how they Rangers could win games on their power play -- instead of losing them, as they did in this one giving up the shorthander -- Jagr was stumped. He wished he could say why, but he just didn't know -- not a very good answer. "I don't think it's about the [lack of] finish," he said. "It's tough to say. Sometimes it's so easy, other times it isn't. You cannot finish chances, you're not be able to score power play [goals] -- it would be a different game, we didn't."

"Their fans were booing us for keeping it so tight on defense," said Boston center Marc Savard. He was wrong -- it wasn't the Bruins the fans were booing. "We deserved to get booed out of the rink tonight," said Shanahan, knowing full well who was being booed. "I think we’re all disgusted with ourselves."

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • marek malik was at the knick game today. when they showed him, he was neither cheered or booed.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    marek malik was at the knick game today. when they showed him, he was neither cheered or booed.

Probably nobody knew who he was
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • that's my guess, the knick crowd probably doesn't follow the rangers too much.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    anyone else here attending Brian Leetch Night this Thursday ?

This is turning out to be the highlight of this season for us Blueshirt Fans , postseason isnt looking too promising either.

I read Beukeboom is going to be there, along with Richter and Graves , Messier and of course Giacomin and Gilbert.

Its a great time to have a Tivo or DVR -
    starting early on Thursday on MSG Network :

11:00am - 1:00pm Leetch's Legacy - Eastern Conference Finals Game 7
    Devils at Rangers from May 27 1994 .

1:00 pm - 3:00pm Leetch's Legacy - Stanley Cup Finals Game 3
    from June 4 1994

3:00 - 6:00 pm Leetch's Legacy - Stanley Cup Finals Game 7
    from June 14 1994

6:00- 6:30 NY Ranger : Number 2 : Brian Leetch

6:30 - 7:30Leetch Ceremony- Forever A Ranger--#2 Retired

7:30 - NYR against Atlanta ( break out the brooms )
    platessmall.jpg
    January 22, 2008
    Line Shuffle
    The Rangers will shuffle their lines for tonight -- Sean Avery will skate with Scott Gomez and Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan goes to right wing with Brandon Dubinsky and Nigel Dawes, leaving Chris Drury to center Martin Straka and Petr Prucha. Marek Malik, after paying a one-game price for his gaffes in Boston, will be back with Michal Rozsival -- Paul Mara pays the price for his gaffe in the rematch against Boston by sitting out. That means Marc Staal will pair up with Jason Strudwick. It all smacks of randomness born out of desperation -- it worked when the defensive pairs were shuffled before a big win over Montreal, but can it work again? Only by the grace of Henrik Lundqvist, back in net again. Thanks for Rangers Report and Blue Notes for the update from the morning skate.

Posted by Dubi on January 22, 2008 at 01:22 PM
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    anyone else here attending Brian Leetch Night this Thursday ?

This is turning out to be the highlight of this season for us Blueshirt Fans , postseason isnt looking too promising either.

I read Beukeboom is going to be there, along with Richter and Graves , Messier and of course Giacomin and Gilbert.

Its a great time to have a Tivo or DVR -
    starting early on Thursday on MSG Network :

11:00am - 1:00pm Leetch's Legacy - Eastern Conference Finals Game 7
    Devils at Rangers from May 27 1994 .

1:00 pm - 3:00pm Leetch's Legacy - Stanley Cup Finals Game 3
    from June 4 1994

3:00 - 6:00 pm Leetch's Legacy - Stanley Cup Finals Game 7
    from June 14 1994

6:00- 6:30 NY Ranger : Number 2 : Brian Leetch

6:30 - 7:30Leetch Ceremony- Forever A Ranger--#2 Retired

7:30 - NYR against Atlanta ( break out the brooms )

me and some friends have tickets to the viewing party. just couldnt drop the cash on an actual ticket to the game.

and yes.. i will have the TiVo running all day!
    the party is up in 411 and 412 on thursday night

come one come all
    me and some friends have tickets to the viewing party. just couldnt drop the cash on an actual ticket to the game.

and yes.. i will have the TiVo running all day!

i'll be in sec 318 .
    the viewing party was my fallback if i couldnt get into the arena for the game,..

i hear that Leetchie himself, along with those i mentioned ( Richter, Messier, Beukeboom, Graves , Gillbert , and Giacomin) will all be appearing and interacting with the fans inside the WaMu Theatre at the viewing party. ( or better known as The Old Felt Forum )

funny Avery being on the #1 line now
    desperate times call for desperate measures and this team is aparently very desperate at this juncture. :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i'll be in sec 318 .
    the viewing party was my fallback if i couldnt get into the arena for the game,..

i hear that Leetchie himself, along with those i mentioned ( Richter, Messier, Beukeboom, Graves , Gillbert , and Giacomin) will all be appearing and interacting with the fans inside the WaMu Theatre at the viewing party. ( or better known as The Old Felt Forum )

funny Avery being on the #1 line now
    desperate times call for desperate measures and this team is aparently very desperate at this juncture. :eek:

and he scores :)

2-0 in the 1st
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    they are playing Atlanta on Thursday night when they retire # 2 ?

I thought that matchup was tonight :confused:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    they are playing Atlanta on Thursday night when they retire # 2 ?

I thought that matchup was tonight :confused:

thrashers 2 straight at msg weird but true

kovalchuck dirty bastard 5 min major for boarding
    NY PJ1 wrote:

hmmm, throw back to the schedule the 1st year after the lock-out

yeah, he does a dirty stream to him.

remember when he speared Crosby ?

Rangers could be leading the Southeast after tonight ;)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    hmmm, throw back to the schedule the 1st year after the lock-out

yeah, he does a dirty stream to him.

remember when he speared Crosby ?

Rangers could be leading the Southeast after tonight ;)

lol leading the weak southeast
    yields a NYR shorthanded goal by straka.

can i just add - how fucking fast does Gomez fucking skate ? :eek: :eek:

3-0 baby
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    can i just add - how fucking fast does Gomez fucking skate ? :eek: :eek:

probably got that from out-running/out-skating moose and bear in Alaska when he was growin up
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • so i guess renney is a genius... at least for tonight..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    leetch night

ceremonies 630
    warm up 730
    game time 810

its gonna be a long night of msg beer :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    leetch night

ceremonies 630
    warm up 730
    game time 810

ah man, you and me both. the ceremonies always last more than an hour. i say game time gets bumped to 8:30.
    so i guess renney is a genius... at least for tonight..

avery, gomez, jagr... i like.
    ah man, you and me both. the ceremonies always last more than an hour. i say game time gets bumped to 8:30.

your probably right ,but this is the intended sched.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    leetch night

ceremonies 630
    warm up 730
    game time 810

Leetch...another CT guy who defected to New York!!! :p
    I love to turn you on
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I like the fact you don't mention Shanny's non call for giving it to whoever in the jewels with his stick.
    Rygar wrote:
    I like the fact you don't mention Shanny's non call for giving it to whoever in the jewels with his stick.

i see nothing :)

except the boarding call
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i see nothing :)

except the boarding call
    Yeah real clean play.
    ;)

Kovalchuk's hit was definitely dirty though.
    Leetch...another CT guy who defected to New York!!! :p

leetch was born in and is from corpus christi texas

headed to rock center to the ronald mcdonald house benefit ,

dinner and skaing ( alltho i will not attempt to skate ) but i will try and snag a photo or 2 with the stars !

be back to share later !
    platessmall.jpg