B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that is awesome !

such a likeable guy, ( kinda ) homegrown

well, in close proximity at the very least ( connecticut ) ,

wearing # 23 to pay homage to Donny Baseball- thats fucking awesome.

supposebly a huge yankee fan , would be cool to see him up at the old ballpark in the bronx.

i hope things start to cliock for him, his + / - is thru the roof ,
    seems he's only killing the rangers when he played against them,...
    what happened to that guy ?

hopefully him and prucha can get something going,...or whoever he's matched with on any given night.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    that is awesome !

such a likeable guy, ( kinda ) homegrown

well, in close proximity at the very least ( connecticut ) ,

wearing # 23 to pay homage to Donny Baseball- thats fucking awesome.

supposebly a huge yankee fan , would be cool to see him up at the old ballpark in the bronx.

i hope things start to cliock for him, his + / - is thru the roof ,
    seems he's only killing the rangers when he played against them,...
    what happened to that guy ?

hopefully him and prucha can get something going,...or whoever he's matched with on any given night.

he was very quiet ,,u would never think he was an nhl player
    he looked like a college kid
    just blended into the crowd,no one had any idea who he was
    my pep talk is gonna change him around !!!! lol
    he will loosen up out there
    it might not be till next year... but it will happen

when i said that dont worry line , i saw the look in his eyes like he was thinking " i dont know wtf is wrong with me this year"

but it will get better.... i hope
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he was very quiet ,,u would never think he was an nhl player
    he looked like a college kid
    just blended into the crowd,no one had any idea who he was
    my pep talk is gonna change him around !!!! lol
    he will loosen up out there
    it might not be till next year... but it will happen

when i said that dont worry line , i saw the look in his eyes like he was thinking " i dont know wtf is wrong with me this year"

but it will get better.... i hope

everytime i see the soft spoken guy on camera in the lockerroom ,

i cant help but noticve how fucked his nose is.
    it starts out going left but ends up going right.

:eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    im still trying to land some of this stuff:

very limited and sold out in a flash ( i still think the concessionaires totally hoard them for ebay ) The players wore the patch on their shoulders :

here is an auction for one :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Leetch-Retirement-Night-Patch_W0QQitemZ280195691923QQihZ018QQcategoryZ25238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the pinset im looking for : ( ony 300 of these made )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Leetch-NY-Rangers-2-Night-Collectible-Pins_W0QQitemZ130193213608QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im still trying to land some of this stuff:

very limited and sold out in a flash ( i still think the concessionaires totally hoard them for ebay ) The players wore the patch on their shoulders :

here is an auction for one :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Leetch-Retirement-Night-Patch_W0QQitemZ280195691923QQihZ018QQcategoryZ25238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the pinset im looking for : ( ony 300 of these made )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Leetch-NY-Rangers-2-Night-Collectible-Pins_W0QQitemZ130193213608QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i never even saw those
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    WENT TO see a bronx tale last night and after it ended i get up to leave

and none other than CHRIS DRURY was sitting 2 rows behind me lol

i knew i had to give him a pep talk !!

so i just went over and said " big fan chris , dont worry it will change for the better " and he's like " thanx man " lol
    then i patted him on the back and said " dont worry we are all behind you 4 ever " lol and he was very humble again and said thanx i appreciate that

it was an awesome 30 seconds of convo :)

o yea and the play was awesome!!

cool story

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    cool story

ur welcome
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    you Ranger fans seen this cheesy Penguins commercial.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrvdvczpEA
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    nothing like the original Sasoon commercials that Dugay anmd Espo made.

:rolleyes: @ Penguins.
    quite possibly the worst adlib/ appearance in a commercial, ever.

January 28, 2008
    Back From the Break With a New Blueshirt Bulletin
    UPDATE: Malik and Renney have made up -- he was back on the ice today. See Blue Notes and Rangers Report

.Malik Lives!
    The Rangers just started a 4 p.m. skate in Greenburgh and former un-person Marek Malik is on the ice. What does it mean? Will he play tomorrow? Has he skaken Tom Renney's hand today? It'll be about an hour or so before we can talk to Malik and the coach to find out the latest, so why don't you use that time to speculate and tell us what you would like to see happen? We'll be back later with the answers.
    UPDATE, 5:15 p.m.:
    Renney said, "Back in the fold. Away we go."
    Would Malik play tomorrow? "Chance of that. We'll see."
    Malik said he had a "really good talk" with Renney and with his teammates. He seemed most upset the issue of his not shaking Renney's hand had leaked out of the locker room. He said, "Obviously, I'm not happy I'm going in and out of the lineup." He said he did not ask Renney for a trade.
    So there you go.

platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    WENT TO see a bronx tale last night and after it ended i get up to leave

and none other than CHRIS DRURY was sitting 2 rows behind me lol

i knew i had to give him a pep talk !!

so i just went over and said " big fan chris , dont worry it will change for the better " and he's like " thanx man " lol
    then i patted him on the back and said " dont worry we are all behind you 4 ever " lol and he was very humble again and said thanx i appreciate that

it was an awesome 30 seconds of convo :)

o yea and the play was awesome!!

You should have told him that some arse-hole Canadian told you that he would be a bust before the season started. At least it sounds like he might still care about his play though. I guess Jagr hasn't completely rubbed off on him yet.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    You should have told him that some arse-hole Canadian told you that he would be a bust before the season started. At least it sounds like he might still care about his play though. I guess Jagr hasn't completely rubbed off on him yet.

50 games in,, cant judge him yet

it might take till next year ,,but its too early to pass judgement

hating on the americans wow
    I dunno about Drury, but it sounds like Malik has a bullseye on his back,
    or maybe its a for $ale sign,....

from the Bulletin

January 29, 2008
    Malik Returns, But For How Long?
    Marek Malik is back with the Rangers after a de facto suspension of one game for refusing to shake Tom Renney's hand after a win last week. But just like last year's boat-rocker Aaron Ward, Malik's days with the team are numbered -- the New York Post reports that Glen Sather has shopped the troubled defenseman and has found significant interest, although not at his current asking price. According to reporters on the scene yesterday at the MSG Training Center, Malik was contrite about his behavior and sounds like he has finally gotten the message that his play has relegated him to depth defenseman. Renney's comments indicate that he will continue to treat him as exactly that, no more and no less. See the aforementioned Post article plus stories in Newsday and the Journal News for more.

maybe theyll dump him back in / to carolina,....
    platessmall.jpg
    thank god we're back !!!!!!!

drury 2 goals tonight
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thank god we're back !!!!!!!

drury 2 goals tonight

i hope we see good things from the team as a whole,

but in particular, drury, dubinsky, prucha , dawes , gomez ,hossa , staal and girardi all need to shine & step it up now.

oh yeah and we need the real in the zone henrik again .
    platessmall.jpg
    Orr Just Threw Brookbank A Beating Nice

1-0 Us
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Fuck the Rangers hehe
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    ALL OUT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!

JAGR FIGHTING LOL YEA BABY ALITTLE PASSION

staal also nice

he almost fought his brother lol
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Fuck the Rangers hehe

dynamite drop-in..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    of course were gonna ge screwed with the penalties
    5 on 3 bullcrap
  • jeez, down two men already. when did carolina and the rangers become such a hostile rivalry..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    jeez, down two men already. when did carolina and the rangers become such a hostile rivalry..

avery instigator after rosival got boarded and shanny hook

killed off!!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    50 games in,, cant judge him yet

it might take till next year ,,but its too early to pass judgement

hating on the americans wow

Not hating on any Americans. Drury has always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine because he is more of a role player and somehow he got a reputation of being a winner, superstar, etc. He's a great support player who can pot 30 goals if he plays great hockey all year but he is not this great leader and champion that he was made out to be.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Not hating on any Americans. Drury has always been a bit of a pet peeve of mine because he is more of a role player and somehow he got a reputation of being a winner, superstar, etc. He's a great support player who can pot 30 goals if he plays great hockey all year but he is not this great leader and champion that he was made out to be.

his stats sheet from this season agrees,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    jeez, down two men already. when did carolina and the rangers become such a hostile rivalry..

There was some leftover tension from the last game. Cullen got knocked out and injured on a hit at center ice by Orr in that game. Also Avery broke Ladd's cheekbone when he threw a couple of cheap shots well after the ref intervened and was between the two players. The Canes who have rarely carried an enforcer on the roster since Laviolette got there have changed their philosophy since that game. Brookbank was brought up. He may get his ass kicked every night, but if it means our skilled players are less likely to get hurt then it's more than worth it.

Was at the game last night. Unfortunatley I got there late and missed all the brawling at the beginning. Rangers had opportunities, but Ward was great last night. One of the best games I've seen him play this season. Highlight of the game was Brind'Amour using Lundqvist for the Canes second goal.

Someone suggested sending Malik back down here. Thanks, but no thanks. We don't want him.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Someone suggested sending Malik back down here. Thanks, but no thanks. We don't want him.

c'mon
    you guys could use his enforcing skills.

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    looks like the Bulletin is following my sentiments of late

drury has been invisible

January 31, 2008
    Dru Has to Come Through in Divisional Draw
    The deck is stacked against the Rangers as they head into Philadelphia tonight for the first of three games in less than four days. The Flyers are 12-2-1 since Christmas (their only two losses in regulation to the Devils) and are 5-1-1 in their last seven home games. In their last eleven, they have scored three or more goals in each game (averaging 4.36 goals per game), they have converted one in three power plays (19-57), and have allowed a respectable five power play goals in 36 times short (14%) if you exclude one bad 5-8 night vs. New Jersey.

The Rangers, by contrast, are winless on the road in 2008 (0-4-2, bookending an 0-5-1 start on the road, their 7-2-3 record in between a distant memory). They have been outscored 19-10 in those games. While their power play, free of home fans beseeching them to shoot every time they touch the puck, scored in each of their last four road games (4-20, as opposed to 0-27 in their last six at home), their penalty killing has been awful, allowing opponents to convert at a 25% rate (8-36, compared to 18% on 5-28 at home). That will be a huge problem against the league's top power play, especially if Steve Valiquette gets the call in net.

There is some good news hidden in the numbers. The Rangers, who seem to lose mainly because of lack of intensity, are able to get themselves up for divisional games -- when they come in bunches, which is the case the rest of the way. They went 10-3 against divisional rivals during a 26-game stretch in which half their games were within the Atlantic, outscoring their opponents 32-19. On the flip side, they lost their only divisional contest in their first seven games and have lost the only two divisional contests they have played in their last 19. Beginning tonight, half of their 32 remaining games are against Atlantic foes -- the so-called four-point games where a win not only gains two points but also denies rivals two points (except when the stupid extra point comes into play).

If the Rangers are to get going, they're going to need some help from Chris Drury. They paid him the big bucks not for any gaudy numbers, but for clutch play. This playoff push requires more of him than the two goals, two assists, and -6 he has compiled in 13 games in 2008. Those four points rank him sixth among Ranger forwards in that time. Three defensemen have scored as much or more. Three other forwards are just a point behind despite playing less than the full complement of games, and all three were his linemates most or part of that time. He is currently on pace for his second-worst season of point production since his rookie season, his worst NHL season in goal production, and a +/- more than twice as bad as his career worst.

In the news, a report on the Rangers being driven to the net by their coach and his consideration of starting Valiquette in the Post, Newsday, and Blue Notes. The Daily News considers where the Rangers might look for help, which includes getting a center that would allow Drury to move to the wing and perhaps get his game together. NYR.com and Rangerland have game previews -- funny stuff elsewhere at Rangerland. Greg Cimillucca of CBS Sports thinks the Rangers can repeat last year's playoff run. Howlings previews the Pack's next game. Chris Holt didn't get any support in Charlotte's latest loss. And Prospect Park names the Rangers' prospect of the week.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    LET'S GO FLYERS !!

Maybe Downie and Avery will go at it !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    LET'S GO FLYERS !!

Maybe Downie and Avery will go at it !!

12-2-1 since christmas, your flyers are the team to beat in the east ( along with ever present Ott )

these games are always enjoyable.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    12-2-1 since christmas, your flyers are the team to beat in the east ( along with ever present Ott )

these games are always enjoyable.

They are playing very well

If we could only beat the damn Devils !!

We won the first one this year but thats it

Any truth to the rumors about Jag's being traded ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers