B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• the msg local show is replaying, so you should get your highlights in a few.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the msg local show is replaying, so you should get your highlights in a few.

ILL PUT IT ON AT 3AM thanx

wed ill be there
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    About damn time, I loved that play by Jagr how he warded off Smolinski and Gorges to get that puck to Straka. Great bang-bang play by Dawes and Prucha and Lundqvist was sharp on those eight (poorly officiated) power plays.
    Would have been nice had the Habs decided to show up ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar wrote:
    Would have been nice had the Habs decided to show up ;)

they were there.
    i saw alexi kovalev

he is their captain now

and it still was nice.

:)

drury starting to get on his game ?
    prucha looking very good, as was dawes.
    henrik even made brief appearances of his old former self, making a flurry of saves right on his doorstep coming from just outsiude the crease.

Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    they were there.
    i saw alexi kovalev

he is their captain now

and it still was nice.

:)

drury starting to get on his game ?
    prucha looking very good, as was dawes.
    henrik even made brief appearances of his old former self, making a flurry of saves right on his doorstep coming from just outsiude the crease.

Lets Go Rangers
    Physically they were there. Mentally....not so much.
    Kovalev wears the 'A', by the way.
    Rygar wrote:
    Physically they were there. Mentally....not so much.
    Kovalev wears the 'A', by the way.

even when Saku is out ?

( i only ask cuz in 1 of our meetings this season - i coulda swore he was wearing the "C" )
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers may get date at Yankee Stadium
    BY JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 4:00 AM

This could be the scene next winter: Ice covering Yankee Stadium for Ranger game as NHL works to achieve goal of playing more games outdoors.

The NHL is working with the Yankees' high command and representatives of the city to try to play a game at Yankee Stadium next winter. While there are plenty of logistical hurdles to clear, the principals are interested.

"We'd love to do it," said Rangers GM Glen Sather, who is always up for a new hockey adventure.

Obviously, the NHL feels the same way. The Yankees might figure to be a bit hesitant about having the final pro sporting event at the old Stadium be a hockey game. But sources familiar with the discussions insist that the Bombers' brass is into it, with COO Lonn Trost serving as the Yankees' point man in discussions with the NHL.

The league has gotten rave reviews for its outdoor-game movement, especially with this season's New Year's Day contest in Buffalo that was played in the snow in front of more than 70,000 fans.

The Islanders have made it clear that they want in as well, sending front-office delegations to meet with Trost and Yankee Stadium personnel no fewer than half-a-dozen times over the last 18 months.

But the Isles are fearful that the Devils, who currently have more juice at the league level, will muscle in on the event. However, Devils sources insist they have not pursued this.

It also should be noted that the success of the most-recent outdoor game Jan. 1 in Buffalo has prompted seven other teams to contact the NHL to express their interest in hosting an outdoor game. The Bruins playing in Fenway Park has already gotten some buzz.

If a Stadium game happens, the 2008-09 season will be an eventful one for the Rangers. Plans to have them open the season with two games against the Tampa Bay Lightning in Prague are all but finalized and will be announced at All-Star Weekend Jan. 26-27 in Atlanta. The NHL also expects to have the Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins open with two games in Stockholm.

Contrary to other reports, there are no plans to have the teams swap sites.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    even when Saku is out ?

( i only ask cuz in 1 of our meetings this season - i coulda swore he was wearing the "C" )

koivu missed the first meeting with the flu. kovalev wore the c in that one.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Is this a new trend ?

we've been here-all along-

waving our BlueShirt fanatical Flags all over the place.:eek:
    I hate nationally televised games on Versus-

Lets Go Rangers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    So are the Rangers fans upset over losing in the battle to get a good quality backup goalie.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227284&hubname=
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    I'd be more pissed off over the fact that Conklin stole the game on ya ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    I'd be more pissed off over the fact that Conklin stole the game on ya ;)
    But if King Henry went down with an injury do they have faith in Valiquette
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:

if ANY teams #1 goalie goes down for a long long time,,the season is pretty much over

their are exceptions,but they are few
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if ANY teams #1 goalie goes down for a long long time,,the season is pretty much over

their are exceptions,but they are few
    But wouldn't you want a guy like Cujo who has playoff experience just incase
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    But wouldn't you want a guy like Cujo who has playoff experience just incase

well yea its good to have a veteran experienced backup

but at the same time , he aint taking the flames to the cup if kippo goes down
    maybe steal a series but thats it
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    kenshunt wrote:

not a chance in hell.

i think i was the only ranger fan pissed that weekes was not brought back. he got alot of unnecessary heat while playing in NY.
    Blueshirt Bulletin

January 15, 2008
    Rangers Become the Washington Generals
    UPDATE: Chris Drury and Jaromir Jagr missed practice today -- no word on why Drury sat out, but Rangers Report says Jagr was seen limping through the dressing room. Blue Notes reports that he injured both feet last night and may have to miss tomorrow night's game. Brendan Shanahan and Sean Avery were on the ice -- the former will play tomorrow, and Avery might too.

And the whole time, Versus was doing the job the NHL contracted them to do -- selling Crosby and the Pens. There was even, by some remarkable coincidence, the news that the plans for their new arena were approved -- even as the game was in progress! The Rangers got barely a mention -- they might as well have called them the Washington Generals, the way they were treated by the network and the officials, and the way they've been finding ways to lose games (six of the last seven now). The Rangers did not make excuses for themselves after the game, especially with respect to the penalties. But this one was tailor made for TV, even though the audience was probably made up predominantly of Ranger fans.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Blueshirt Bulletin
    And the whole time, Versus was doing the job the NHL contracted them to do -- selling Crosby and the Pens. There was even, by some remarkable coincidence, the news that the plans for their new arena were approved -- even as the game was in progress! The Rangers got barely a mention -- they might as well have called them the Washington Generals, the way they were treated by the network and the officials, and the way they've been finding ways to lose games (six of the last seven now). The Rangers did not make excuses for themselves after the game, especially with respect to the penalties. But this one was tailor made for TV, even though the audience was probably made up predominantly of Ranger fans.

Are they referring to the TV audience, or the audience at the game?
    As for the network/officials treatment goes, well you'd better get used to it like (most of) the rest of us ;)
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    And the whole time, Versus was doing the job the NHL contracted them to do
    The Rangers got barely a mention -- they might as well have called them the Washington Generals, the way they were treated by the network and the officials, and the way they've been finding ways to lose games (six of the last seven now). The Rangers did not make excuses for themselves after the game, especially with respect to the penalties. But this one was tailor made for TV, even though the audience was probably made up predominantly of Ranger fans.
    if you substitute "Sabres" for "Rangers" in this, you have just described the Winter Classic that was on NBC. It was sickening to hear Crosby this....and Crosby that.
  • the rangers can start winning again... sean avery is back..

(journal news blog)

Sean Avery, Brendan Shanahan, and Jaromir Jagr will all be in the lineup tonight against the Sabres despite their assortment of injuries.

“Whether or not it’s sore, I just put it out of my head,” Avery said of his wrist.

Losers of six of their last seven, the Rangers obviously need Avery back, and can expect to benefit from his rare brand of spunk. But can he be play his on-the-edge game while remaining healthy? The answer so far, with three significant injuries already this season, has been no. Avery said yesterday the one concession he would make to his wrist is he would try to avoid fighting. But in the same sentence, he also acknowledged he can’t always contain himself.

“When you’e out there playing and emotions are running, you probably don’t think as rationally as you would like,” he said. “You can’t think that way. I just have to go out and play. I’m not going to change anything. I’m not effective if I do that.”

In other news:

# Expect Shanahan and Avery to rejoin Chris Drury on a line. Marcel Hossa, Greg Moore and Jason Strudwick will be the scratches.

# Henrk Lundqvist is in net.

# Brandon Dubinsky, after first trying to play it cool, about being named to the YoungStars Game:

“Of course I’m excited. Growing up I watched all the All-Star Games. And it’ll be nice to have Marc (Staal) going to have someone to kick it with.”

More later…
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Avery said yesterday the one concession he would make to his wrist is he would try to avoid fighting. But in the same sentence, he also acknowledged he can’t always contain himself.…
    this may be an interesting sidebar since the Sabres have a kid up from the minors, Pat Kaleta, who likes to throw his body around............looking forward to the game
    January 16, 2008
    Jagr Will Continue to Hoof It
    UPDATE: Jagr, Shanahan, and Avery will play -- Hossa, Moore, and Strudwick will not. Hank back in net. Thanks to Rangers Report and Blue Notes for the update from the morning skate.
    platessmall.jpg
  • well the defense was solid, especially the shot blocking. nice job out of the dubinsky-dawes-prucha line tonight.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    bout time again '
    thumbs up to betsy for his pk on the 5 on 3

and on a sidenote....sooooooo many hot female sabres fans
    makes it harder to curse them
    why is it when avery shows up we are a diffferent team.

anyone catch the MSG Promo commercial featuring Sam Rosen?

He mentions Andy Bathgate and they show some super rare, oldtime black and white footage of him playing - its really cool.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    why is it when avery shows up we are a diffferent team.

anyone catch the MSG Promo commercial featuring Sam Rosen?

He mentions Andy Bathgate and they show some super rare, oldtime black and white footage of him playing - its really cool.

i have no idea but it's an incredible indictment on the team given who else is on it. i'm sure avery's agent will make that the first thing he brings up in contract negotiations.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i have no idea but it's an incredible indictment on the team given who else is on it. i'm sure avery's agent will make that the first thing he brings up in contract negotiations.

while i agree with u

sather will conter with "he has 2 goals"

dont get me wrong , i love him

but 3 injuries aleady and 2 goals is hard to make a case

that being said,,he can have a spot on my team anytime
    this is the tip of irony, having gone thru arbitration between Avery & Slats .

I wasnt in the room, but from what i have heard about generally, some not so nice things are said about both sides during the process,.

im sure some of that can be rehashed when negotiations begin again between the 2
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    while i agree with u

sather will conter with "he has 2 goals"

dont get me wrong , i love him

but 3 injuries aleady and 2 goals is hard to make a case

that being said,,he can have a spot on my team anytime

The Canucks can help you out by freeing some more cap room so you guys can sign him......say Staal for a 3rd round pick? :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    The Canucks can help you out by freeing some more cap room so you guys can sign him......say Staal for a 3rd round pick? :p

ummmmmm no

but i read tyutin is on the block

i hope not but i read it