B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• So I was at MSG last night for the Damien Rice concert and I'm almost certain Sean Avery was a couple of people head of me on line for booze.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    NCBRI wrote:
    Looking for a few people to fill out our fantasy hockey league. It is mostly Canes fans but all hockey fans are welcome. If you are interested, here is the info:

You have been invited to join ncbri's Custom League in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 5782
    Password: password

Draft: Sun Sep 23 7:30pm EDT (If you miss it you can still autopick your team)
    signed up. I just started playing this league last yr. I usually do the free salary cap one at sporting news if u guys wanna set up a league there too. The Sporting news one at least u can win cash for free entry. ;)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/hockey/season1/basic/home.html
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I'm happy I have season tickets for jan 24th :D

ITS IN MY half season plan :)
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    NCBRI wrote:
    Looking for a few people to fill out our fantasy hockey league. It is mostly Canes fans but all hockey fans are welcome. If you are interested, here is the info:

You have been invited to join ncbri's Custom League in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 5782
    Password: password

Draft: Sun Sep 23 7:30pm EDT (If you miss it you can still autopick your team)

stickboy wrote:
    signed up. I just started playing this league last yr. I usually do the free salary cap one at sporting news if u guys wanna set up a league there too. The Sporting news one at least u can win cash for free entry. ;)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/hockey/season1/basic/home.html

excellent
    Brian
  • i just signed up for it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    NCBRI wrote:
    excellent
    I cant wait...the sporting news one is pretty cool. I also tried the versus.com one last yr for the 1st time...its ok...diff. format but Yahoo and SN have the best ones.

joey u joining?
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar wrote:
    6. Lousy, loud, jerk-off, fair weather fans who claim they are the best in the world. In the words of our New York dwelling friend DS, "The Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Devils, and Brooklyn Cyclones Triple A baseball team all have a more loyal fanbase than the Rangers. Rangers tickets are easy to get. It's only hard when the Isles, Devils or Flyers are in town." (DS ended up surrounded by other Habs fans at the last NY/Montreal tilt.) im calling bullshit on this .

Note to Rangers fans: Just being loud, obnoxious, and potentially psychotic doesn't make you the best. It may make you the worst, however. (Wipe that smug look off your faces, Flyers fans. This brush is wide enough to paint you too.)

i know this is in retaliation to the same type of thing i posted on yourHabs Thread- thats cool man .

they had me till this part

both philosophically as well as realistically this just could not be any more erroneous.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    i know this is in retaliation to the same type of thing i posted on yourHabs Thread- thats cool man .

both philosophically as well as realistically this just could not be any more erroneous.

um the cyclones are a short-season NY Penn League team not a Triple AAA team.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

yeah !

more proof that this part was all bogus !

;)
    platessmall.jpg

they're habs,,what do they know about baseball ,,or anything besides hockey
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    they're habs,,what do they know about baseball ,,or anything besides hockey

i figured they'd know a little something since montreal had a triple AAA affliate of the dodgers in the 1940s and 1950s and then had the Expos.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Yeah, it was even less funny than the dig on the Habs.

Incidentially I have seen an Expos game, and been in the Bell Centre, but have yet to see a Habs game (which will change unless I die within the next 11 days or so...).
    indy tickets avail this sat 9/15
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    indy tickets avail this sat 9/15

except brian leetch night !

:(
    platessmall.jpg
    Lets Get This Party Started !

Bulletin

September 12, 2007
    Renney Ready to Get Started
    Tom Renney returned to the MSG Training Center today from Traverse City to prepare for the start of training camp tomorrow. "It's what you hope for," he said of the Rangers' prospects winning the tournament in a four-game sweep. "You want your kids to experience winning . Our guys played well, they played hard. They showed the character we want. We were probably one of the more talented teams there. But we were also one of the hardest working teams. We went there quite honestly with the objective of winning. These guys were able to become a team and feel like Rangers. They played with a lot of pride."

The result is in part a reflection of the progress the prospects are making within the organization. "You'd like to think that they've improved," Renney said. "Evaluating individual players, guys have continued to improve and put themselves into a position to get due consideration to be on this team at some point in time." Asked which players stood out, he had a hard time singling anyone out. "I liked our goaltending. [On defense] Mike Sauer was really good, [try-out invitee] Clayton Barthel was a real surprise, Marc Staal was excellent, Bobby Sanguinetti was good. The forward group, we had different line combinations through almost every game and everyone seemed to click. Some youngsters are still in the need for more junior experience in terms of growing. But the usual suspects -- Dubinsky, Bourret, Korpikoski you could suggest were the best line, Tommy Pyatt was good -- it's hard to single things out because it was such a strong performance by everybody. You read the stats, you can determine who did well."

Artem Anisimov did well coming off his Super Series experience. "I think he might have enjoyed this [tournament] a lot more," Renney said, noting that the knee he injured in the Super Series is fine. "He's a good player. He's gotta get some meat on him. He's a very intuitive player, he's got great hockey sense, works extermely hard. We really like the range he plays the game with -- he can cover a lot of ice on both sides of the puck. We think there's offense there that's dormant. How that bears itself in the long haul is hard to say."

The Rangers' training camp roster will be smaller than it has been the past two seasons. "We're more familiar with [what we have] now," Renney said. "It's allowed us to expedite some of our decisions to include guys, or not, as required. So our camp numbers will be somewhat smaller this year." Only one player played his way into camp in Traverse City. "Clayton Barthel will get an opportunity at main camp," said Renney. "He was there as a free agent. He'll come to main camp to have a peak. That in itself speaks volumes -- we're not looking [to] bring all six of these guys and have a peak. Here's a kid that we feel needs more of a look for us." Barthel, 21, was born in Germany but raised in Kelowna, where he played for the WHL Rockets. The 6'3, 200-pounder was drafted by Washington in the third round (#88 overall) in 2004, but became a free agent when the Caps chose not to sign him.

Fifty other players are expected when camp opens tomorrow with physical and medical exams. There will be six goalies -- Lundqvist, Valiquette, Montoya, Wiikman, Zaba, and Chris Holt -- no Antoine Lafleur, at least not as of now. Seventeen defensemen are currently listed -- Rozsival, Malik, Mara, Tyutin, Girardi, Kasparaitis, Pock, Strudwick, Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Andrew Hutchinson, Baranka, Busto, Liffiton, Jake Taylor, and Corey Potter -- Barthel makes eighteen. Eighteen wingers -- Jagr, Shanahan, Avery, Straka, Prucha, Callahan, Hossa, Hollweg, Orr, Dawes, Dupont, Bourret, Korpikoski, Jessiman, Dane Byers, Greg Moore, Francis Lessard, and Mitch Fritz -- no David Kveton, Tomas Zaborsky, or David Skokan. And nine centers -- Drury, Gomez, Betts, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Pyatt, Barnes, Bruce Graham, and Jordan Owens.

Staal has a legitimate shot at making the team, according to Renney. "He played very well," the coach said. "He's a year older and that much more mature. He seems, as usual, quite focused on what he needs to do. The measuring stick for him will be in training camp. There's no reason to think that he won't give it a good shot and get serious consideration from our staff." But are there too many veteran defensemen blocking his way? "We do have a lot of veteran defensemen in our camp," Renney conceded. But he wasn't sure you could really consider some of them true NHL veterans. "The level of their experience in the NHL in most cases is something to evaluate, to determine if they're veterans. But it's a healthy situation to be in to have to draw from a group of people who have some NHL experience and in some cases lots. We could be worse off, looking at four returning and wondering where the other three are coming from."

Some might have to be waived to Hartford to make room for others. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there," he said, acknowledging the role the salary cap will play in forcing some decisions to be made. "You've got to consider that, for sure," Renney said. "As a coaching staff, quite honestly, I don't want to contanimate the thinking on the business [side]. I will provide my point of view on who's doing what and what will work for us here. As is the business of hockey, sometimes there are factors that influence what you're able to do. As a coaching staff we're pretty good with living with that." Although the goalie situation is one of those areas, with Montoya's NHL cap hit probably precluding him from making the Rangers, Renney nevertheless has left the position open for competition. "I know what I want from Henrik, what I envision in games played", he said. "Beyond that, it's important that it's a competition. There wouldn't be any use in doing these type of things if every job wasn't going to be contested for. There are incumbents at every position and goaltending is one of them. But there is room for a surprise there, and we'll give the job to the person who fits best what we need right now."

Renney is not averse to putting youngsters into key positions. "Not if they're the right people," he said. Third line center is one of those positions. "Hopefully a young guy can make a statement and secure a position," Renney said. "But if that doesn't happen, we believe we've got that covered -- there are other people that can play center ice in this organization and on the current roster [Avery and Straka]. We're good at center ice right now with Chris and Scotty and Blair. I hope it provides the opportunity for someone else -- that was part of the decision [to not sign Peca] for sure. We're going to continue to look at the growth of this team. There's a lot been said about where we are right now and where we should be in June. Where we need to be is to continue to galvanize our position in this league as being a contender. We'll continue to do that by the acquisiton of free agents and good drafting and the integration of young players when they're ready. To me that's what stands the test of time. We're a work in progress and we hope to raise a Stanley Cup banner sooner rather than later."

A big question for Renney to solve heading into training camp is how to integrate Gomez and Drury into the roster. "I've got a number of different combinations in mind that I'll end up trying," he said. "I don't want to be experimenting twenty games into the season, but I want to know what works for us. We'll see some different combinations through training camp. It's not just, there it is. We've got to get ourselves into a certain rhythm, combinations of people that will have success." How does Jaromir Jagr fit into that? "Jaromir is an outstanding player who can adjust and adapt to anybody," Renney said. "It doesn't suggest for a minute that others might not have to work within what he likes to do too. But that's the beauty of the building of the New York Rangers. That's the fun of it. I don't think it's going to be a real issue. We're going to have to let that evolve, be patient as it happens. But these are professional players -- they'll sort things out as they're given the opportunity to play together, talk and communicate."

Renney is thrilled to have Jagr coming into camp with a full summer of work-outs under his belt. "He sounds great," Renney said. "He gives me every indication he's ready to go, as opposed to having to ready himself to go." With Drury and Gomez adding to the team's leadership group, Renney plans to continue letting his players lead as individuals and as a group, stepping in when he feels the time is right. "If it's going well, I'll stand behind them," he said. "If it's not, I'll stand in front of them."

The team starts out in good health. "Joe Barnes has a little bit of a tweak in his groin," Renney said. "Artie [Anisimov] got bopped last night -- he's fine. Straks is good to go. I think we're good." Looking overseas, where Alexei Cherepanov is recovering from a concussion sustained during the Super Series, Renney said, "I think he's fine. He's ready to start [playing] in Russia with his club team." Asked about Brent Sutter's tactics during the Super Series targeting Cherepanov and what that suggests about how the Devils are going to play this season under Sutter, Renney said, "I did send one E-mail during that competition that I thought Canada's coaching staff might have been getting ready to play the New York Rangers down the road. That's Brent's coaching style, that's how they're going to play. His guys have to commit to themselves and their teammates physically. We fully expect that. He's a Sutter -- the circle the wagons, literally."

For those of you looking for tickets for games, the Rangers will put single-game tickets on sale on September 15th -- what few they have left, at any rate. I doubt there will be any for January 24th, but there will be others. Sales start at 10:00 AM Saturday morning on Ticketmaster via newyorkrangers.com, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone 212-307-7171, 201-507-8900, 631-888-9000, 845-454-3388, 609-520-8383, or Ticketmaster outlets.

UPDATE 4:30 PM -- A Ranger press release received this afternoon lists Antoine Lafleur as having been invited to training camp, making it 52 players total.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Lets Get This Party Started !

Bulletin

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
  • i'll be hanging around there the next two days..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i'll be hanging around there the next two days..

I SAW UR POST B4 COOLIO give us news
  • looking forward to the season
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

no doubt, but don't expect anything until primetime hours.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    1 ) what is this news ? :confused: ?
    2 ) what is this thread / post you type of ?

im feeling a little clueless,....:confused:

oh, and 2 more fridays tll the today show.

you fellas / gals should try and go to this - its free.
    im blowing off work for this.

:)

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    1 ) what is this news ? :confused: ?
    2 ) what is this thread / post you type of ?

im feeling a little clueless,....:confused:

oh, and 2 more fridays tll the today show.

you fellas / gals should try and go to this - its free.
    im blowing off work for this.

:)

Lets Go Rangers

no news yet,,xman is going up to training camp for his job
    and he just said he would report anything good to us

marc staal looked awesome in the prospect tourney
    s if i couldnt wait for the season to start enough, i had to experience
    yesterday.

when i heard they were there, i called
    and said "you have to have
    (the PR manager and
    good friend) hook me up!" it's been 9
    years and this is the first time i have asked for anything!!!

when i called you, i was standing just feet away from them. i was
    waiting for one of the PR guys to hook my up but he got caught up in
    things and i said "oh well, at least i got that close."

i was in the middle of walking around the Braves Facilities Manager
    (like I got in Philly) and was on the 3rd floor when
    called me and
    said "get to home plate NOW." i thought i was in trouble but then she
    told me I had to escort the Rangers to their suite!!!

the PR guy had a baseball for them to sign and they were all signing it.
    i was standing with them (of course thinking the whole time "i might be
    able to take you." Hockey players might be the least imposing athletes!)
    and just walking with them. i didnt say two words.

the left behind Gomez so we had to go back for him. he was the only one
    i spoke to because they had him sign the ball and then give it to me.
    all i said was "thanks. good luck this season." i walked with him and
    two of the other PR guys and was just listening to them talking. he
    actually spoke about why he left Jersey!!! ("They treat you like sh*t.
    like a bunch of 19 year olds. on the plane they keep walking to the back
    to make sure everyone is behaving. on the road, they walk through the
    hotel to make sure we are not drinking. hey, if i want to go out and
    have a few beers, why not? if i get to the rink on time and perform,
    whats the problem? treat us like adults. this was year after year after
    year. i couldnt take it anymore.") you KNOW i was loving that part of
    it!!!

so the run down, this is who i got autographs from:
    Strudwick
    Girardi
    Betts
    Orr
    Pock
    Gomez
    Prucha
    Mara

Lundqvist and Drury were supposed to be there but didnt show. i still
    think i made out great though!!! and i also kept one of their tickets. i
    have to work on the proper display for it now.

so this was my friends day at work yesterday
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yesterday.

(the PR manager and

called me and

it!!!

Strudwick
    Girardi
    Betts
    Orr
    Pock
    Gomez
    Prucha
    Mara

that was pretty cool
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    that was pretty cool

i love the devils part of it lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yesterday.

(the PR manager and

called me and

it!!!

Strudwick
    Girardi
    Betts
    Orr
    Pock
    Gomez
    Prucha
    Mara

im a little confused

you got all this stuff ?

or your buddy did ?

even tho - no matter who- thats fucking awesome . ! congrats to you ( or them ) :eek:

i was telling my coworkers today about getting selected to a blueshirts off their back ceremony a few seasons back ( it was adam graves last game as a NYR )

anyhow-

nice piece in todays newsday ( i hardly read it but the post and news had absolutely squat ) tom renney and scrambling the lines

Five Rangers training camp questions
    BY STEVE ZIPAY
    September 13, 2007
    Article tools
    E-mail Share
    Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Furl Google Newsvine Reddit Spurl Yahoo Print Single page view Reprints Reader feedback Text size: Who's on the top two lines?

The No. 1 and 2 centers are locks: The Rangers have long-term investments of almost $87 million in speedy Scott Gomez and clutch scorer Chris Drury. It's generally assumed Gomez will play with right wing Jaromir Jagr, with either Martin Straka or Marcel Hossa on left wing. Drury is expected to play with Brendan Shanahan and perhaps Ryan Callahan or Sean Avery.

Who will be the third-line center?

Related links
    Training camp: What's the biggest question mark? Vote
    Rangers blog
    Talk about it
    Your Rangers Photos
    Submit your photos and view pics taken by other fans.

After trading Matt Cullen to Carolina and deciding against signing free agent Michael Peca, it appears youngsters Artem Anisomov and Brandon Dubinsky have a legit shot at the job. Each was impressive last season in Hartford and in last week's Traverse City Tournament against other NHL prospects. Avery and Straka are possibilities.

Will top defense prospect Marc Staal and any forwards make the team?

Good chance for Staal, but there's cap issues and a logjam. Waivers, re-assignments and trades will likely ease a glut that includes Michael Rozsival, Marek Malik, Fedor Tyutin, Dan Girardi, Paul Mara, Thomas Pock, Andy Hutchinson, Darius Kasparaitis and Jason Strudwick. With great camps, left wing Nigel Dawes and/or right wing Alex Bourret could also crack the roster.

Will Stephen Valiquette suffice as backup to Henrik Lundqvist?

Lundqvist - nominated for the Vezina Trophy in his first two seasons - comes to camp for the first time not only as the undisputed No. 1 goaltender, but with expectations of playing 70-plus games. The Rangers could sign or trade for a veteran backup or bring up Al Montoya if Valiquette falters and Lundqvist is overworked.

What about the intangibles?

The returning veterans must stay healthy. Jagr comes to camp stronger than last year, when he was favoring his weakened, surgically-repaired shoulder. Shanahan, the oldest Ranger at age 38 who missed 17 games with a concussion, and Straka, who was banged up late last season and had summer knee surgery, are fine now but aren't getting any younger. Avery has to control his emotions for an entire season and Callahan and D Dan Girardi need to avoid sophomore slumps. Fourth-liners Ryan Hollweg and Colton Orr may have to fend off challenges from Dawes, Bourret and Mitch Fritz.

More articles

Copyright © 2007, Newsday Inc.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im a little confused

you got all this stuff ?

or your buddy did ?

even tho - no matter who- thats fucking awesome . ! congrats to you ( or them ) :eek:

i was telling my coworkers today about getting selected to a blueshirts off their back ceremony a few seasons back ( it was adam graves last game as a NYR )

anyhow-

nice piece in todays newsday ( i hardly read it but the post and news had absolutely squat ) tom renney and scrambling the lines

not me bath
    my buddy works for the mets but he is a big fan also
    they should let the NYR play an outside game against the fishsticks in Yankee Stadium before they tear it down .

im jealous of buffalo and the penguins getting this game.

why arent americas team the new york rangers in this game ?

pfffft

this should be between original six teams , c'mon Bettman ,... you litttle dweeb.

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    All Bettman cares about is making sure Crosby is on display for this game.
    Brian