B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    DRURY BRINGS WINNING WAYS
    FORWARD EXCITED TO JOIN RANGERS
    BY TIM BONTEMPS
    September 17, 2007 -- Chris Drury is known for being a winner. He was the MVP and winning pitcher of the 1989 Little League World Series championship team from his hometown of Trumbull, Conn., and also won a state championship with his high school hockey team, a national championship at Boston University and a Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche in 2001.

:eek:
    wow
    what hasnt this guy done ? ! ? Can he play football, the NY Football Giants could use him ,...
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    " I'm just thrilled to be a Ranger."
    He should be, afterall , it is a privilege to wear this Blueshirt sweater.
    NYPJ1 wrote:
    Buffalo's loss was the Rangers' gain, as the Blueshirts landed one of the top free agents available. Now Drury will get a chance to take the ice at Madison Square Garden - something he could only dream about as a kid growing up about 60 miles from New York watching the team.

"It's enough of a dream to just play in the NHL, but to get to play for the team you grew up rooting for takes it to a whole new level," he said. "It's been a thrill. It's been great since July 1, and I'm looking forward to Oct. 4."

you mean he wasnt rooting for The Hartford Whalers ? :confused:
    thats cool- I love the fact that he wears # 23 in tribute to Donny Baseball.

cant wait for them to drop the puck .

[size=+3]- _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ -[/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    not only do we get the inside scoops from the x-man, theres a plethora of reading up on the boys in Blue all at The Bulletin

some highlights :

Sean Avery Is Now Sporting A Mohawk

Kaspar The Rock Hard Ghost
    :eek:
    he sounds determined- i'd love for him to crack the roster
    Dubinsky told to lose weight

Hate The New Jerseys, Love The New Lines

( i have a soft spot in my heart for Darius - after meeting him at the PJ gig @ MSG in 03' )
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • d'oh, i meant to mention that. the trainers put that up i think.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:

tell me what it is i cant see it until i get home
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

it's his name plate above his locker. instead of reading lundqvist, it reads "hankenstein"
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    it's his name plate above his locker. instead of reading lundqvist, it reads "hankenstein"

??? i missed that joke somewhere but thanx lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:

it also has Hanks new helmet, but the details of it are too far off to get a good look,... but as X Man said it says " Hankenstein " on his locker, # 30 .

definitely new painting. at the site theres also a closeup of montoyas helmet as well. it has an angry looking apple with a fat cigar in his mouth with the words " Big Cubano " underneath .
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    "I try not to look in the past too much," he said. "I loved my time there. I learned a lot, and I met a lot of great friends . . . coaches included, management included, ownership included."
    what a fucking liar...................

but i still miss him.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    what a fucking liar...................

but i still miss him.

:) hey he wanted to play in the big city can ya blame him?
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    I'll still root for him and personal success...............
    NY PJ1 wrote:

they make it sound like it was only after he couldnt iron something out in buffalo beforehand.

then he looked towards broadway,...

regardless i hope he does well here.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    they make it sound like it was only after he couldnt iron something out in buffalo beforehand.

then he looked towards broadway,...

regardless i hope he does well here.
    word had it that they had something ironed out, but the Buff brass didn't get around to putting it on paper..........until it was too late.

but nonetheless, he's a blueshirt, a happy one at that.
    i read sean avery is now sporting a mohawk

what a nut

Henrik Likes New Look

HENRIK LIKES RANGERS' NEW LOOK
    By BRETT CYRGALIS
    NET GAIN: Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist says the addition of free agents Chris Drury and Scott Gomez gives the Rangers enough firepower to make a run for the Stanley Cup.September 18, 2007 -- July 1 was the date the Rangers ransacked the free-agent market by signing stud centers Chris Drury and Scott Gomez, but July 11 was the date they set the hopes of the season on solid ground.

Goalie Henrik Lundqvist knows how good both Drury and Gomez are, and that is why only 10 days after watching GM Glen Sather shell out a combined $83.75 million for the two stars, Lundqvist signed a modest, one-year, $4.25 million deal.

In line for a more lucrative, long-term deal, Lundqvist saw the opportunity to be a part of a winning situation and let his greed, at least for the meantime, fall by the wayside.

"I think we have a good crew here," Lundqvist said yesterday at training camp in Greenburgh. "But it's not just Drury, Gomez, and [Jaromir] Jagr. The big thing is we all have to play our best if we want to be a top team."

Lundqvist has played a combined 23 games against Drury (while with Buffalo) and Gomez (Devils) over the past two years and now has seen them up close in camp for the last five days.

"They're both really good skaters, good speed, and smart players," Lundqvist said. "They will definitely help our transition game and give our offense a little extra push, for sure.

"They're also good players at the other end," Lundqvist said. "In the [defensive] zone, they play responsibly, and that's going to help us as well."

Last season, Lundqvist did just about everything in his power to help the team win. After a slow start, the 25-year-old netminder was outstanding after the All-Star break, leading all starting goalies with a 1.80 goals against average and going 18-7-6 in 33 games.

Before getting bounced by the Sabres in last season's Eastern Conference semifinals, Lundqvist had a 2.07 goals against average in 10 playoff games.

"He's been great," Jagr said after light-heartedly hassling Lundqvist about how many pucks got by him in yesterday's 45-minute practice session. "Just don't let that happen when the games count."

bcyrgalis@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
    from the bulletin
    Defense was where Ranger regulars sat out in numbers to give young guys an extra look. Liffiton was a stand-out player and his partner Corey Potter looked like he has potential. Mike Sauer was steady again, but his partner Marc Staal struggled with the puck all game long and again had difficulty handling Jagr. Thomas Pock was error-prone, with his partner Dan Girardi not having his best outing of camp. The pairings of Tyutin and Andrew Hutchison as well as Darius Kasparaitis and Bobby Sanguinetti were not notable either way (other than Tyutin making sure to go back at Lessard when he had the chance).

been readiung good things about this Liffiton kid.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bulletin

September 18, 2007
    First Cut
    Twelve players to Hartford camp, no surprises: goalies Chris Holt and Matt Zaba; defensemen Clayton Barthel, Corey Potter, and Jake Taylor; forwards Joe Barnes, Alex Bourret, Brodie Dupont, Mitch Fritz, Bruce Graham, Greg Moore, and Jordan Owens. Maybe Bourret would have been considered a surprise until learning today of his shoulder injury. Maybe Tommy Pyatt not being in this group is also a bit of a surprise, considering Dupont is already on his way down. Bobby Sanguinetti, the only player eligibile for junior hockey, will eventually be sent back to Brampton, but there's no rush -- it's worth giving him a taste of team-building and pre-season games.
    platessmall.jpg
    Jessiman has taken an interesting course of action in trying to prepare himself for the latter. Never known as fighter despite his size, he took boxing lessons over the summer. "I worked with a boxing coach in the city," Jessiman said. "He not only helped me physically, but mentally. That helped me wrap my head around the fact that this is the year that I’ll be playing in Madison Square Garden. I haven’t fought out on the ice but I plan to quite a bit more. I didn’t really know how to throw a punch at the beginning of the summer. Last year I was fighting a little bit, but I really didn’t know what I was doing. I need to add it into my game. It’s not something I'm focusing on, but it's something that will help me, and help my teammates at times."

hows that for confidence ? :confused:

:eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    an article on everyone's favorite

September 20, 2007 -- Following a trade from the Los Angeles Kings on Feb. 5, forward Sean Avery seamlessly blended with his new Rangers teammates while providing a much-needed spark to a club whose waves of inconsistency were more consistent than any NHL team last season.

Avery produced eight goals and 12 assists to help the Rangers to a 17-6-6 record in their stretch run to the playoffs, as well as their first playoff-series win since 1997. Before the trade, the Rangers were 25-24-4.

Entering this season with a full training camp and preseason with his teammates, Avery said he expects to see an increase in chemistry that will contribute to superseding last season's success.

"This is the time of year that you build a little bit of cohesion amongst each other. I've organized a couple of team dinners, late nights," Avery said at training camp yesterday. "Usually those are the best times you can get to know the new guys, and guys that you do know, you talk about old times, talk about last year, talk about the summer, and talk about how good we feel about the upcoming season."

Though Avery's efforts were lauded by coaches and teammates last season, he was criticized by Rangers management in his arbitration hearing this summer, described as "a detriment to the team" and "not a mature player" who "plays, at times, like an individual rather than a member of the team."

"If anything, it's a positive motivation for me," Avery said. "It's certainly not something that's been talked about. It's done with and it's swept under the rug, but I dealt with it. You're not gonna forget about it, and you just try and go out and prove everyone wrong."

Avery, 27, wanted to secure a long-term deal in New York, but he was re-signed only to a one-year contract after he was awarded $1.9 million in arbitration.

If Avery can be the spark, the Rangers have the potential to light a fire that will burn bright through the NHL.

"We're gonna win a lot of games. We're gonna be a very difficult team to beat on a nightly basis and we're gonna win the Stanley Cup as far as I'm concerned," Avery said. "I think that, and I feel that right now this team is ready to make a 10-month commitment with each other and it's gonna be something that we'll remember for the rest of our lives."
    tom night 1st game i cant believe it !!!

ahhh the smell of fresh ice and dirty hotdogs!!!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    "I think that, and I feel that right now this team is ready to make a 10-month commitment with each other and it's gonna be something that we'll remember for the rest of our lives."
    then they'll throw each other away like yesterday's trash...............:D

dang, can't wait for the regular season to start.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    then they'll throw each other away like yesterday's trash...............:D

dang, can't wait for the regular season to start.

love that 10 month line :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    tom night 1st game i cant believe it !!!

ahhh the smell of fresh ice and dirty hotdogs!!!!

is this being televised ? against NJ Devils ?

yeah baby
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    is this being televised ? against NJ Devils ?

yeah baby

not sure if its on tv or not

possibly though
    x u going to game tom or yankee's ??

ill meet u for a few at msg if u there

i would imagine yankee's
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    not sure if its on tv or not

possibly though

sure hope so-

im jonesing for a Ranger game.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sure hope so-

im jonesing for a Ranger game.

u and me both

i believe the home preseason games are shown on tv?
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i've had 2 Leaf games in a row on LTV and a third tonight, good luck hope the Rangers game is on for u guys.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Also the other day, Jagr asked Sean Avery if he really said the Rangers would start out 18-2. Avery said yes. Jagr asked, why didn't you just say we'd start 20-0? Well, Avery shot back, I'm gonna have a couple of bad days. For more on Avery, see today's Post. The Daily News has an article on the Rangers' team building trip to West Point. Jason Strudwick is the subject in the Journal News. Paul Mara is interviewed at NYR.com. Rangers Report has various comments on various issues here, here, and here. Blue Notes does the math and notes that the Rangers have gotten younger since last year at this time. Hockey's Future reviews Ranger training camp.

so it looks like the NYR went up to west point as they have done the past few seasons-
    i like the drills they showed them doing last year
    odd things that build trust and communication.
    a 3 legged race was 1 of them .
    another involved being blindfolded and getting thru a course with the help of your teammates.
    interesting stuff,...

bring on the games already ,.....drop the puck and please oh please

be on MSG Network :mad:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Also the other day, Jagr asked Sean Avery if he really said the Rangers would start out 18-2. Avery said yes. Jagr asked, why didn't you just say we'd start 20-0? Well, Avery shot back, I'm gonna have a couple of bad days. For more on Avery, see today's Post. The Daily News has an article on the Rangers' team building trip to West Point. Jason Strudwick is the subject in the Journal News. Paul Mara is interviewed at NYR.com. Rangers Report has various comments on various issues here, here, and here. Blue Notes does the math and notes that the Rangers have gotten younger since last year at this time. Hockey's Future reviews Ranger training camp.

so it looks like the NYR went up to west point as they have done the past few seasons-
    i like the drills they showed them doing last year
    odd things that build trust and communication.
    a 3 legged race was 1 of them .
    another involved being blindfolded and getting thru a course with the help of your teammates.
    interesting stuff,...

bring on the games already ,.....drop the puck and please oh please

be on MSG Network :mad:

im gonna check to see if game is on if not ill call u w/ updates :)
    good news

friday night 6-7 rangers season preview

7pm GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEE HAW

ALL ON MSG