Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    AVERY BREAKS UP WITH CUTHBERT !!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i never had the chance to see her at a game :( :(
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    NY PJ1 wrote:

if he only got 2.5 in the arb hearing.....................

fucking arbitrators.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    NY PJ1 wrote:

SWEET! Now I have a chance :D
    well..I was kinda happy cause she was dating one of my Fav. rangers but at the same time I was hating cause shes fuckin HOTT!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:

whered you hear that?

i missed ET tonight,...

;)

edit:

oh my
    And from the pages of the gossip rags, news that Sean Avery and Elisha Cuthbert have broken up, at least temporarily. Adding insult to injury, Avery was rebuffed by Elisha's friend Paris Hilton. See reports here and here.

Posted by Dubi on August 28, 2007 at 12:28 PM | Permalink | Comments (15)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bulletin

August 30, 2007

Straka Ready For A Cup Run

Martin Straka is back on the ice, working himself into shape after his recent knee arthroscopy. “Getting back on the ice is always difficult,” he said in an interview with Denik Sport. “The break without practice didn’t help my psyche. You know camp’s coming and you’re loafing. Loafing isn’t the right word, I was doing things in the gym, but weights aren’t the same as working out on the ice in full equipment. I was watching the other guys skate and I was just waiting for the knee to be fit. Thank God it’s behind me.”

He expects to be ready for training camp. “It will be OK,” he said. “But I’m not fully satisfied on the ice. My advantage -- starting on the puck and acceleration -- aren’t there just yet.” He said that “the strength in the knee isn’t 100%,” but asked if it hurt, he said, “No, not at all. It’s a little loose -- it needs to get stronger. I’m working out on my legs -- I had to save them up until now.” He appeared to be skating well. Once, he missed a scoring opportunity and screamed in anger and slammed the bench door. “I’m mad,” he said later, smiling. “Why not? I missed a certain goal. Glaring chance -- horrible!”

He has kept the Rangers up to date on his situation. “The Rangers know about my problem,” he said. “They were afraid it would be worse. But once the doctor explained to them what was going on, they calmed right down. They were asking how experienced the guy was. I assured them he had lots. Dr. Nepras cleaned my knee in the past, he has the NHL license, so in fact, they were glad. I talked to them two days after the surgery and once more on Monday. That’s how they got to know that I was going on the ice for the first time. They were satisfied. I was told to keep them updated how I feel on the ice.”

The rink where Straka works out is North American-sized. “It seems smaller,” he said. “Ideal. We’ve been doing this for four years now. The conditions are great here. We can leave our stuff in the locker room, the gym is right above us. We go there before and after practice, sometimes we go from here to play golf. It’s even close to home.” Just like in New York, where Straka maintains a home in Tarrytown near the MSG Training Center. “It’s an ideal place for my family,” he said. “We live five minutes from the facility, our girl is going to start school, it’s just better in all aspects.” Most of his countrymen live in the area. “The Maliks, the Rozsivals, and us,” he said. “Marcel Hossa lives there too. What houses there are! The villages in the neighborhood are very nice.”

Jaromir Jagr and Petr Prucha are the only Czechs who have stayed in Manhattan. “He was thinking about it for awhile,” Straka said of Jagr. “But he’ll probably stay in the city. It depends on him, what suits him better.” Straka is happy where he is. “I don’t go anywhere anyway,” he said. “If we want to go to the city, it takes 30 minutes, 40 tops.” Straka hasn’t had much chance to talk to Jagr over the summer. “Jagr said it’s a great thing we added some guys,” he said, referring to the signing of Chris Drury and Scott Gomez. “Other than that there wasn’t much time to chat. I wanted to go watch Team Jagr play Team Demitra, but it was impossible with the knee.”

Straka believes the Rangers have a real chance to make the Stanley Cup final, and joked that he would be willing to bet as much as $10,000 on it. “We have a really good team,” he said. “I believed that last year, but we had a bad start. I still can’t figure out what was happening to us. Then we pushed and proved to ourselves we were a quality team. We were unlucky in the Sabres series -- the better team lost. When we turn it on, we can accomplish a lot. We have a great goalie on our side, as well as Jagr, who has the ability to decide every game. Add to that the new signees -- I’ve heard only good things about Drury and Gomez from the other guys. Especially Drury is said to be a fantastic team guy. We certainly do have a chance!”

He does not think that signing Drury and Gomez marks a return to the bad old days before the lockout when the Rangers overspent on every available star. “That was a totally different situation,” he said. “Formerly, the Rangers bought players who were closer to the ends of their career. Now, we added young players in a great shape who already achieved something and it didn’t happen a long time ago. They’re 27, 28 years old -- they should be in their prime.” Thanks, DaTeL, for another great job!
    platessmall.jpg
    We were unlucky in the Sabres series -- the better team lost

LOVE THIS LINE
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    We were unlucky in the Sabres series -- the better team lost

LOVE THIS LINE

HAHA

you sound even more confident then Martin !

i like this part :
    Straka believes the Rangers have a real chance to make the Stanley Cup final, and joked that he would be willing to bet as much as $10,000 on it. “We have a really good team,” he said. “I believed that last year, but we had a bad start. I still can’t figure out what was happening to us. Then we pushed and proved to ourselves we were a quality team. We were unlucky in the Sabres series -- the better team lost. When we turn it on, we can accomplish a lot. We have a great goalie on our side, as well as Jagr, who has the ability to decide every game. Add to that the new signees -- I’ve heard only good things about Drury and Gomez from the other guys. Especially Drury is said to be a fantastic team guy. We certainly do have a chance!”
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    HAHA

you sound even more confident then Martin !

i like this part :

i dont need to tell u we should of beat em

getting closer kids
    unfortunately for both these teams the powerhouse ottawa senators were just waiting in the wings.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    Cherepanov out for remainder of Series
    Alexei Cherepanov

TSN.ca Staff

8/31/2007 1:43:18 AM

Russian superstar Alexei Cherepanov is out for the remainder of the Canada-Russia Super Series.

Cherepanov suffered a concussion when he collided with Canadian forward Brandon Sutter in the first period of Game 2. He was not on the ice for Friday's morning skate and according to team officials, remains in hospital.

The Russian team is also saying forward Egor Averin is out for the remainder of the series.

A first round pick (17th overall) of the New York Rangers, Cherepanov has been held pointless throughout the two games and the Russians haven't scored a goal in five periods against Canada since getting two in the first period of the series.

dirty habs :(
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    kenshunt wrote:

Ranger fans should consider it a favour.......he has now learned before even stepping on the ice at the NHL level.....don't cross the ice with the puck with your head down....this can result in an owwie :(
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    a loss is a loss........no matter how well you spin it.

there's always next season..........oh wait, it is next season. wooooooo-hoooooooooo! well, almost anyway.

if I only had 10,000. I'd take the bet.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Cherepanov out for remainder of Series
    Alexei Cherepanov

TSN.ca Staff

8/31/2007 1:43:18 AM

Russian superstar Alexei Cherepanov is out for the remainder of the Canada-Russia Super Series.

Cherepanov suffered a concussion when he collided with Canadian forward Brandon Sutter in the first period of Game 2. He was not on the ice for Friday's morning skate and according to team officials, remains in hospital.

The Russian team is also saying forward Egor Averin is out for the remainder of the series.

A first round pick (17th overall) of the New York Rangers, Cherepanov has been held pointless throughout the two games and the Russians haven't scored a goal in five periods against Canada since getting two in the first period of the series.

dirty habs :(

Silly U.S Americans :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:

ouch

what the fuck is the deal with all the ex icelanders' sons / nephews going after all the NYR Russian prospects ? :confused:

he looked a bit dazed and confused
    just for curiousity sake , was there a penalty called on this play ?

hey as has been mentioned at least it happened now and not from a big NHL hitting monster . If he didnt receive a concussion- then thats even better.

Bulletin
    August 31, 2007
    Anisimov Also Injured [Updated With Video]
    Adding injury to injury, Artem Anisimov was forced to leave today's Super Series Game 3 with an apparent knee injury after an uncalled knee on knee hit from Colton Gillies, another relative of a former Islander. The Canadians, conntinuing to play an (ahem) physical game, were already down a man and on a delayed penalty call for a second man, so Gillies was unpenalized on the play by the generous referees. He left the building while the game was still in progress to be further evaluated. Anisimov had already told Sovietski Sport that "after two matches of the Canadian part of the series I will leave for the Rangers training camp," which would get him to Traverse City in time for the Prospect Tournament.

Meanwhile, Alexei Cherepanov is out of the series with a concussion, having been held for hospitalization, according to TSN. Here is the hit Brandon Sutter laid on him, a dirty dangerous blind side elbow to the head, leaving his feet. Sutter's dad's statement that there was no malice in the hit is a cowardly lie -- if your son is gonna pull crap like this, speak the truth about it. Early in the clip, you can see what set Sutter off. He was skating backwards in his own zone without watching where he was going and was clipped by Cherepanov. He thought he was slew-footed on purpose, but Cherepanov caught him accidentally with the follow-through of his back foot while he was skating a crossover looking for a pass -- it was Sutter's own fault:

Three other Russians have been injured in the three games. Canada won Game 3 this morning by a 6-2 score to take a 3-0 lead in the series -- see game stories here, here, and here. Thanks again to Laurie for translating stories from Russian.

Posted by Dubi on August 31, 2007 at 12:37 PM | Permalink | Comments (14)
    platessmall.jpg
    This Stupid Non-nhl Shit
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    This Stupid Non-nhl Shit

Don't hate on the international hockey it can be great!!! Who knows maybe someday the USA might even have a relevant hockey program again ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    This Stupid Non-nhl Shit

Hawkshore wrote:
    Don't hate on the international hockey it can be great!!! Who knows maybe someday the USA might even have a relevant hockey program again

Plus, Jagr , Straka Shanny amongst others will be stepping off the ice soon .
    These young guys are the future of the NYR and will make up parts of the teams we will be rooting for in the not so distant future. I dont watch much on TV, because they dont broadcast it. Sometimes if we are lucky we get a Wolfpack gane on the MSG Network, but that is rare.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    kenshunt wrote:
    fucking sweet hit, love it
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

so Christie Brinkley made a commercial for the Isles . :confused:

where the fuck is our Superrmodel spokesperson now that Elisha and Sean have split up ?
    :confused::confused:
    :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so Christie Brinkley made a commercial for the Isles . :confused:

where the fuck is our Superrmodel spokesperson now that Elisha and Sean have split up ?
    :confused::confused:
    last I heard she dumped Greschner and hooked up with Yashin
    :(
    stickboy wrote:
    last I heard she dumped Greschner and hooked up with Yashin
    :(

I THINK U mean carol alt
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I THINK U mean carol alt
    ;) I remember they used to show her in the 80's at the garden broadcasts all the time
    not sure if shes still with Yashin tho
    stickboy wrote:
    ;) I remember they used to show her in the 80's at the garden broadcasts all the time
    not sure if shes still with Yashin tho

yea she was hot in her prime
  • picked up the hockey news season preview magazine the other day. they predict the Rangers to finish second in the east, ahead of Carolina and behind Ottawa.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I THINK U mean carol alt
    yup he does, carol alt has been married to yashin for years. i used to go to the isles season tix autograph day and alt would be next to yashin. i think they had her come so people would stop at yashin's table. hes playing in russia now, haha.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

yup he does, carol alt has been married to yashin for years. i used to go to the isles season tix autograph day and alt would be next to yashin. i think they had her come so people would stop at yashin's table. hes playing in russia now, haha.
    lets see how long she lasts with him over there! lol She'll get to cold, start to hate it and come date another hockey player. The rangers lost Cushbert and the Isles gained Hillary Duff so we gotta make up for that :D

lving in florida I kinda keep track of the panthers since its the only hockey and I hope people dont sleep on them this yr. They made solid moves and resigned their youngsters and finally got a good goalie since Luongo in Vokoun.

and for thie diehards who cant wait:

2007-08 NHL Training Camp Sites

August 16, 2007

Team Location Date
    ----
    ----

Anaheim Ducks Anaheim Ice September 10
    Anaheim, California

Atlanta Thrashers IceForum September 14
    Duluth, Georgia

Boston Bruins TD Banknorth Garden September 14
    Boston, Massachusetts

Ristuccia Memorial Rink September 14
    Wilmington, Massachusetts

Buffalo Sabres HSBC Arena September 14
    Buffalo, New York

Pepsi Center September 14
    Amherst, New York

Calgary Flames Pengrowth Saddledome September 14
    Calgary, Alberta

Carolina Hurricanes RBC Center September 14-October 2
    Raleigh, North Carolina

Chicago Blackhawks United Center September 14
    Chicago, Illinois

The Edge September 24-26
    Bensenville, Illinois

Colorado Avalanche South Suburban Family September 13
    Sports Center
    Centennial, Colorado

Columbus Blue Jackets Dispatch Ice Haus September 13
    Columbus, Ohio

Dallas Stars Dr. Pepper StarCenter September 14-17
    Frisco, Texas

Detroit Red Wings Center I.C.E. Arena September 13-18
    Traverse City, Michigan

Edmonton Oilers Rexall Place September 13-29
    Edmonton, Alberta

Florida Panthers Eagle Ice Rink September 14-15
    Eagle, Colorado

Bank Atlantic Center September 21
    Sunrise, Florida

Los Angeles Kings Toyota Sports Center September 10
    El Segundo, California

Minnesota Wild Xcel Energy Center September 14
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Montreal Canadiens Sportsplexe 4-Glaces September 14-16
    Pierrefonds, Quebec

Bell Centre Sept. 17-24, Sept. 28-Oct. 2
    Montreal, Quebec

Verdun Auditorium Sept. 17-24, Sept. 28-Oct. 2
    Verdun, Quebec

St. Jovite Arena September 25-27
    Mont Tremblant, Quebec

Nashville Predators Centennial Sportsplex September 13-October 2
    Nashville, Tennessee

Sommet Center September 13-October 2
    Nashville, Tennessee

New Jersey Devils Codey Arena at September 13
    South Mountain
    West Orange, New Jersey

New York Islanders Tim Horton's 4 Ice Center September 13-22
    Moncton, New Brunswick

New York Rangers Madison Square Garden September 14
    Training Center
    Tarrytown, New York

Ottawa Senators Scotiabank Place September 13
    Ottawa, Ontario

Bell SENSplex September 13
    Kanata, Ontario

Philadelphia Flyers Flyers Skate Zone September 14-October 1
    Voorhees, New Jersey

Phoenix Coyotes Jobing.com Arena September 13
    Glendale, Arizona

Pittsburgh Penguins Southpointe ICEOPLEX September 13-16
    Canonsburg, Pennsylvania

Mellon Arena September 17-October 4
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

St. Louis Blues Scottrade Center September 13
    St. Louis, Missouri

San Jose Sharks Sharks Ice at San Jose September 13-October 3
    San Jose, California

Tampa Bay Lightning Ice Sports Forum September 13-30, October 1-3
    Brandon, Florida

Toronto Maple Leafs Ricoh Coliseum September 13
    Toronto, Ontario

Vancouver Canucks Bear Mountain Arena September 13-15
    Victoria, British Columbia

Save On Foods Arena September 16
    Victoria, British Columbia

Washington Capitals Kettler Capitals Iceplex September 13
    Arlington, Virginia
    stickboy wrote:
    New York Rangers Madison Square Garden September 14
    Training Center
    Tarrytown, New York

so the camp opens up at MSG >?

would be nice if this was open to the public
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so the camp opens up at MSG >?

would be nice if this was open to the public
    nah thats actually supposed to say MSG training center
    http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/trainingcenter.asp

looks like Bryan Berards getting a tryout with the Isles. He was invited to their training camp. He put up some offensive numbers for my fantasy team but I dunno how good he still is. It could help the isles tho :/
    Ranger Fans Faves
    Showing the 4th playoff game and sweep closer with Atlanta from 4-18-07 .
    I was lucky enough to attend this game- great night ! I cant help but feel a little trepidation when i am weatching just how much Nylander and Cullen contributed to our little run last year .
    I sure hope the new signings work / gel well,

the excitement is palpable, i cannot wait for this season to get underway already .

also of mention on the scroll down at the bottom is the announcement concerning the upcoming Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band concerts at MSG this Oct 17 & 18 and the onsale info ( 9 -8 ) .

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg