B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    You guys know as well as I do that the salary cap is BS. Take away incentive laden contracts and signing bonuses and you would have a real salary cap. Then the playing field would be even.

Just look at Toronto. They probably gross the most cash of any team and don't want to spend it. :) And I am sure they should be able to lure some pretty big names that aren't past their prime here.

My earlier comment was more for the way NY1 put all the lines together and my eyes bugged out at all the names I knew compared to the Columbus squad. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    even flow? wrote:
    You guys know as well as I do that the salary cap is BS. Take away incentive laden contracts and signing bonuses and you would have a real salary cap. Then the playing field would be even.

Just look at Toronto. They probably gross the most cash of any team and don't want to spend it. :) And I am sure they should be able to lure some pretty big names that aren't past their prime here.

My earlier comment was more for the way NY1 put all the lines together and my eyes bugged out at all the names I knew compared to the Columbus squad. ;)

ya gotta spend it all ... brother
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Slats Undecisive

Agent: Sather Undecided on Peca
    Time for your nightly Michael Peca update:

In short, the puck remains on Glen Sather's stick and the Rangers' GM has yet to decide whether to shoot or pass.

"He is thinking about it," was agent Don Meehan's response tonight when I asked him if any progress had been made in his discussions with Sather.

Meehan insisted that, though he anticipates no problem working out a contract, no conditional agreement has been reached that would be consummated if and when Sather decides he wants Peca to join the Rangers.

Asked if he would continue to talk just with the Rangers or resume discussions with other teams, Meehan replied: "We will give this a bit more time."

• The other news of the day was the announcement that former Rangers winger and hockey pioneer Anders Hedberg had rejoined the organization in the role of head European scout.

No doubt, many of you plugged-in visitors to this spot might be wondering what that means for Christer Rockstrom, the long-time Rangers Euro-whiz who has unearthed so many late-round gems -- including Henrik Lundqvist. The answer is that it won't change Rockstrom's role at all.

Rockstrom will remain focused upon the draft-eligible Europeans while Hedberg monitors the pro-level players the Rangers might sign as free agents. Undoubtedly, Hedberg and Rockstrom will cross paths and even double up from time to time on certain players. But Hedberg's arrival doesn't mean Rockstrom is leaving.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Alex Bourret wasn't drafted by the Rangers, but he would have been had Marc Staal not dropped into their laps. The Rangers got Bourret anyway when they hoodwinked Atlanta into giving him up for the disposable Pascal Dupuis. If you think the life of an NHL player is a cushy one where he gets to have fun playing the greatest game in the world, have a look at how Bourret has been spending his summer vacation as he gets himself ready to meet the rigors of the highest levels of hockey:

Alex Bourret
    platessmall.jpg
    Bulletin

August 19, 2007
    Jagr Golden, Straka Hobbled, Zaba Inked
    Jaromir Jagr won his third straight Golden Stick award as Czech hockey player of the year, his eighth overall, all within the past thirteen years. He beat out Dominik Hasek, who has won the award five times in the past. Martin Straka came in third -- he was in attendance despite reports that arthroscopic knee surgery would force him to miss last night's award ceremony. Hockey Rodent has an excellent description of Straka's surgery, demonstrating that it was a minor procedure to repair torn meniscus (cartilage). He also has photographs from the Golden Stick ceremony. We hope to have a full report on all this tomorrow.

In other news, the Rangers have added to their goaltending depth by signing Colorado College graduate Matt Zaba [pictured left]. The Colorado Springs Gazette reports that Zaba "will be competing for a spot for either the Hartford Wolf Pack or the Charlotte Checkers." (Thanks to reader emscam for alerting us to this development.) Having just let three of their own college draftees become free agents by not signing them by the August 15th deadline, the Rangers picked up Zaba after the L.A. Kings allowed him to become a free agent in the same way. Zaba was originally drafted in the eighth round (231st overall) in 2003 by the Kings. To learn more about Zaba, look here, here, and here.
    platessmall.jpg
    from todays nypost

peca's agent said the nyr MUST DECIDE TODAY about signing him
    he cant wait any longer

several teams have interest including the blue jackets

so it looks like we'll know by tonight
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    from todays nypost

peca's agent said the nyr MUST DECIDE TODAY about signing him
    he cant wait any longer

several teams have interest including the blue jackets

so it looks like we'll know by tonight

slats dragging his feet on this one,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    It's only 1.25 mil, what's the risk really
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    It's only 1.25 mil, what's the risk really

dont think its the money so much as Pecas penchant for finding injuries
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dont think its the money so much as Pecas penchant for finding injuries

I know what you mean that he might get hurt, but 1.25 is only half what he made last year and even if he gets hurt im sure it prolly won't be a broken leg again.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    August 21, 2007
    Peca Saga Heads Toward Climax
    The Michael Peca saga will hopefully end today, one way or the other. I suppose we should thank Peca and his agent for giving us something to talk about in an otherwise newsless month. On the other hand, the protracted affair is getting a bit annoying, especially if we're spinning our wheels over what will ultimately turn out to be a non-story, at least from the Rangers' point of view. The latest news is that Peca's agent has set today as the latest deadline for the Rangers to inform him of their intentions with Peca -- which doesn't mean the Rangers, if they are still interested, will sign him today, they may just let Peca know they're still interested.

Or not. It has been reported that Ranger GM Glen Sather is still deciding between signing Peca to fill the hole at third line center or letting his promising young prospects fight it out for that spot. By delaying, Sather may be letting Peca tip the scales himself by exposing his character, in which case Peca may have just ultimatumed himself out of New York. Then again, if Sather decides he needs Peca, this may be the jump-start he needs to finally make up his mind. We may find out today, or we may not -- that has been the way this Peca thing has been going, and that's why it's been so annoying. See reports today in the Daily News, Newsday, and Post.
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    kenshunt wrote:
    I know what you mean that he might get hurt, but 1.25 is only half what he made last year and even if he gets hurt im sure it prolly won't be a broken leg again.
    we can always trade him b4 the deadline like we did Aaron Ward right?
    Im not sure its worth the risk and Id rather give the chance to a youngster...theres too many waiting to bust out anyways...Dawes, Dubinsky, Bourret, Anisimov. Its been a while since we had a GREAT rookie season from an offensive player with the exception of maybe Prucha.
    I dont really care about peca that much..we got leadership so we dont need his.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    UPDATE: Michael Peca's agent was just on AM640 radio in Toronto and suggested that Peca has two offers in hand and will decide by the end of the day today which one he will take. No word on which two teams they may be, except that Toronto is not one of them. Is the end finally nigh? [See Pucks on Broadway for a partial transcription of the radio comments.]
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    UPDATE: Michael Peca's agent was just on AM640 radio in Toronto and suggested that Peca has two offers in hand and will decide by the end of the day today which one he will take. No word on which two teams they may be, except that Toronto is not one of them. Is the end finally nigh? [See Pucks on Broadway for a partial transcription of the radio comments.]

WE SHALL SEE TOM or later

i bet we sign him
  • so says newsday:

Passing on Peca

Not long ago, I endorsed the chase for Peca, figuring the risk on a one-year, cap-friendly deal, was low, even if he was past his prime.

But I wasn't privy to the results of his interview---or his physical. Maybe the pins and plates in his repaired leg gave the Rangers brass some pause. Would Peca be able to maintain a performance level that the Rangers sought? And why didn't more teams (Leafs) want Peca?

Maybe the Rangers really wanted to keep the $1-million-plus for another move.
    A strong defenseman, a backup goaltender, or simply wiggle room? Or as the team says, to give some youngsters a shot to stick. Probably a combination of the above.

If you were a reader here last season, I pushed for the Rangers to trade for a stop-gap thrd line center last season: Smolinski, for example.

Instead, in the offseason, the Rangers traded Cullen---and he did, according to several sources, make it known that he wouldn't protest being moved---and now are in the hunt again for one.

Maybe they'll seek to fill that gap at the trade deadline this time around...

Unless there's a surprise lurking somewhere...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    August 21, 2007
    Peca Passed Over For Prospects
    It's over at last. The Rangers have decided not to make Michael Peca a free agent contract offer. They have chosen to let their young prospects fight it out for the opening at center at the NHL level. In the process, they also save what little wiggle room they have left under the salary cap, much of which would have been eaten up by Peca. See Blueshirts Blog and Blue Notes for more. Peca chose to sign with Columbus instead, according to TSN.

Posted by Dubi on August 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (37)
    platessmall.jpg
    21 game blue plan Friday, September 21st vs. NJ Devils
    Thursday, October 4th vs. Florida
    Saturday, October 13th vs. Ottawa
    Thursday, October 25th vs. NJ Devils
    Monday, October 29th vs. Tampa Bay
    Thursday, November 1st vs. Washington
    Monday, November 5th vs. Philadelphia
    Thursday , November 8th vs. Pittsburgh
    Monday, December 3rd vs. Carolina
    Thursday, December 6th vs. Toronto
    Sunday, December 16th vs. Phoenix, 5:00PM
    Sunday, December 30th vs. Montreal
    Thursday, January 10th vs. Philadelphia
    Sunday, January 20th vs. Boston, TBD*
    Tuesday, January 22nd vs. Atlanta
    Tuesday, February 5th vs. Los Angeles
    Saturday, February 16 vs. Buffalo, 1:00PM
    Tuesday, March 4th vs. NY Islanders
    Tuesday, March 18th vs. Pittsburgh
    Thursday, March 27th vs. NJ Devils
    Friday, April 4th vs. isles

22 game white plan
    Friday, September 28th vs. NY Islanders
    Friday, October 12th vs. Washington
    Saturday, October 27th vs. Toronto
    Sunday, November 3rd vs. NJ Devils
    Monday, November 19th vs. NY Islanders
    Sunday, November 25th vs. Dallas, 1:00PM
    Thursday , November 29th vs. NY Islanders
    Sunday, December 9th vs. NJ Devils, 5:00PM
    Tuesday, December 18th vs. Pittsburgh
    Sunday, December 23rd vs. Ottawa
    Wednesday, December 26th vs. Carolina
    Tuesday, January 8th vs. Tampa Bay
    Saturday, January 12th vs. Montreal
    Wednesday, January 16th vs. Buffalo
    Thursday, January 24th vs. Atlanta
    Thursday, February 7th vs. Anaheim
    Sunday, February 17th vs. San Jose, TBD*
    Sunday, February 24th vs. Florida
    Sunday, March 2nd vs. Philadelphia, TBD*
    Sunday, March 9th vs. Boston, TBD*
    Tuesday, March 25 vs. Philadelphia
    Monday, March 31st vs. Pittsburgh

i like the 22 game plan good western teams and alot of weekend games

630 per blue seat for blue
    and 660 per blue seat for white
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    August 21, 2007
    Peca Passed Over For Prospects
    It's over at last. The Rangers have decided not to make Michael Peca a free agent contract offer. They have chosen to let their young prospects fight it out for the opening at center at the NHL level. In the process, they also save what little wiggle room they have left under the salary cap, much of which would have been eaten up by Peca. See Blueshirts Blog and Blue Notes for more. Peca chose to sign with Columbus instead, according to TSN.

Posted by Dubi on August 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM | Permalink | Comments (37)
    thank you!...enjoy him columbus :)
    didnt want him to begin with and besides it goes against the youth movement....we're trying to find guys who are going to replace the Jagrs, and Shannys,...not add more vets to replace in the long run.
    true enougH about the youth movement.

this is the spin at the bulletin :

The Rangers have decided not to make Michael Peca a free agent contract offer. There appears to be three reasons for the Rangers' decision. The stated one is that want to let their young prospects fight it out for the opening at center at the NHL level rather than go with a 33-year-old who has been plagued by a variety of injuries the past few seasons. Steve Zipay at Blue Notes quotes "a Rangers spokesman" as saying that GM Glen Sather and coach Tom Renney felt it was best "to give our young guys a chance." An unstated but obvious reason for the decision was the salary cap. The Rangers had already traded away their perfectly serviceable third line center, Matt Cullen, to create some wiggle room for in-season moves. Peca would have come with the ability to defer part of those cap savings into the subsequent season's calculation, but it still would have used up roughly half of what they had left under the salary cap.

But the biggest reason for the move, which is purely speculative on our part, was Peca's reaction to the delay in concluding a Ranger contract, which he believed he had already negotiated. "We had a deal in place with the Rangers for almost three weeks now," Peca told the Columbus Dispatch after he agreed to a contract with the Blue Jackets. "They said they needed a few more days to sort through some things, but we said that just wasn't possible. They had enough time. The deal was pretty close to being done. It was done, really. The coaching staff was on board with it. But, to be honest, it just didn't seem like the commitment has been there from the general manager to get it done. So we moved on."

Some might believe that Sather was asleep at the wheel, going on vacation rather than locking up Peca. But we believe that Sather purposely let the matter simmer to see how truly committed Peca was to the Rangers' cause vs. just making sure he had a contract. After complaining to the press, publicly trying to leverage interest from the lowly Blue Jackets, and finally setting an ultimatum, Sather had his answer -- the Rangers would be better served in what they hope will be a Stanley Cup run by letting hungry young players duke it out and inject energy into the team than in bringing aboard another veteran coasting into retirement. Those days, it is now clear, are indeed over.

There is of course still time before the start of training camp for the Rangers to address their needs at center and on defense, and any hole that stands between post-season qualification and a run for the Cup can be filled cheaply at the trade deadline. But the Rangers, by all appearances, will address those needs with care, with an eye toward both this season's aspirations and the long-term well being of the club. For more, see Blueshirts Blog and Blue Notes for more, as well as brief notes in today's Daily News and Post.

now the looming question will be which of the crop of young forwards gets the call up to the big club - we will see most likely a rotation of a few different guys game in and game out .
    platessmall.jpg
    it just made no sense whatsoever...for that Id rather keep Cullen. He was younger, healthier and more of an asset esp. for PP and PK time.
    The only reason why I saw them maybe making a move woulde be to fill the gap for now and then maybe use him as trade bait at the deadline...sathers mentality prolly thinking trade him to a team at that point that needs him more and stockpile some more prospects. Otherwise Peca didnt fit in the grand scheme of things for us.
    cant wait for camp,,should be awesome,, plus the d fense fighting for spots

yeee haw
    all them fellas fighting to get on the D
    then all the other forwards who will vie for that 3rd line centerman position ,
    fuck we even signed yet another goaltender.

granted many of them will be in the minors ,
    ( or possibly traded away in deals )
    but the burst and infusion of youth is somewhat perplexing to us ranger fans ( based on years gone by ) but at the same time welcomed .

we'll see what happens.

looking forward to seeing the new additions in blue white and red ,

also looking forward to the games against the newark devils in their new house.
    platessmall.jpg
  • I would have been kind of pissed if they signed Peca.

If they did, they might as well call Tikkanen, Gartner, and Anderson up and see if they feel like playing
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    they might as well call Tikkanen,

ar least tikannenn can skate around kissing the opposing players.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    Esa also speaks a language that know one understands lol, well that's what the great one say's anyways.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Bulletin

Jagr speaks on the upcoming season , his training regimen , and playing in front of the Garden Faithful & the NYR Organization .

“I mostly rely on myself,” he said of how he trains. “I tried various things. You know within two or three days if it’s working. The muscle gets stronger very quickly and you can feel the change on the ice immediately. So if the change is for good, I keep doing it. I’ve changed several things during my career, but the basics -- bike, sit-ups, gym, leg exercises, stick exercises -- are still the same. Most important are the legs, that’s for sure. It’s a must in any sport. When you’ve got strong legs and you’re fast, you have more time for everything. Of course, then there are the shoulders, which generate strength for your hands -- that means shots and dekes. And of course your stomach. That’s most important, you use it for everything,” he quips, having to conclude every statement with a laugh. “Everything is important but I focus on the legs most and the stomach too, because it’s a connection between the upper body and the lower body.”

Jagr’s priorities for the upcoming season are to stay healthy and score. “To not get injured, that is my biggest wish for the season,” he said. “When you’re not healthy you can’t compete with the best. It’s hard enough when you’re healthy -- when you’re not, it’s impossible. When you want to compete with the best, you have to be 100% sound and play with a good team, and I think we added good enough players that we have a chance to go somewhere. The team will expect [from me] what it always does -- goals. To win the scoring title you have to average 1.5 points per game, which is very difficult. And you have to score 50 goals to win among shooters. I don’t know if I can accomplish these things at my age, but the chance to win the Stanley Cup is bigger than before, so I’ll focus on that.”

Despite the two big signings of Chris Drury and Scott Gomez and the departures of Matt Cullen and Jed Ortmeyer, Jagr sees continuity as one of the team’s strengths this sason. “I think we added the right players,” he said. “We lacked a second line center. We’ve got a great goalie [with] one year more of experience. And the team remained almost the same. That’s the advantage and disadvantage of the cap. It isn’t a certainty that a team that didn’t make the playoffs one year can’t win the Stanley Cup next year. I think it’s very just. It depends more than ever on the work of the managers and coaches. We had the advantage that we had some cap room -- we had the money and we could spend it, which New York was never afraid of. So we bought some additions. I think we completed the roster perfectly. Now it’s up to us how the names show up and how good of a team we’ll make -- it’s a lot about the team.”

“I like the environment, the entire New York Rangers franchise,” Jagr said of playing in New York. “You can say they are 100% professional, unlike some other teams where I played before. They want players to focus on hockey and hockey only. They help you with everything else. The stir of the city stir -- that depends on what you’re used to and what you want. If you want you can go out any time -- there are restaurants, bars. But as we all know, the season is a cycle, so you don’t have much time left. On an off-day, I’d rather rest than go out some place.”
    platessmall.jpg
    and it appears this guy will be fighting to break the roster wide open:

Bulletin

August 26, 2007

[size=+2]Anisimov Arriving in North America Brimming Wth Confidence [/size]

Artem Anisimov is coming out this year. After toiling for a year in obscurity even in his native Russia, getting little ice time in his first season in the Super League, he is poised to hit North America, first as part of Russia’s entry is the Under-18 Super Series vs. Canada, and then as part of the New York Rangers’ organization. He has gotten a taste of the Rangers already in Prospect Development Camp last June. “I loved New York,” he said of his week at the MSG Training Center. “I worked productively there. I was in camp a week, and in that time had to pass several small tests and undergo on-ice training.”

He was not surprised by the Rangers’ invitation. “I had long wanted to try going overseas and did not turn down any options,” he said. “The invitation to me was a major success, because few receive it. In America, [we go through] intensive one-hour training sessions. The entire training process moves very quickly at maximum speed.” He said that he got along well with the people he met here. “It was surprisingly easy. I tried to communicate with everyone -- Americans are a friendly and affable people. Besides, it helped me to practice English -- thus far I cannot boast good language proficiency.”

Despite having only one full season in the Super League under his belt, Anisimov is confident that he can conquer North America. “It is better to leave earlier than not go at all,” he said. “This opportunity happens once in a lifetime, and I do not think it is worthwhile to miss this chance. My goal is to break in with the New York Rangers, and I will pursue that. [But] even if I have to go through the lower leagues, I will, and I will work. I will play in the NHL!” He is doing “nothing special” to prepare for his North American adventure. “In the summer, I practiced with Lokomotiv’s top team,” he said. “I’m thankful to team management and the coaches for allowing me to do so.” Lokomotiv was Anisimov’s team last season, but he did not make an impact there until the playoffs. The reason, he said, was “common bad luck. Cross-bars, posts -- sometimes it was not even possible to shoot on net. The puck simply did not want to go in the net.”

Fellow Russian draftee Alexei Cherepanov was at Ranger Prospect Camp too, immediately after being drafted in the first round (17th overall) by the team a few days earlier. Anisimov described their relationship as “normal, friendly.” Asked if the two would unite to lead the Rangers and conquer the hearts of New York fans, the upbeat young man answered, “Everything is possible -- we will try! Nothing is impossible!” He had no explanation for Cherepanov dropping out of the top ten in the draft. “Am I a scout?” he said, laughing. “If it happened, they must have their reasons.” One could have very well have asked him why he fell to the second round in his draft year when he was projected as a first rounder -- the answer is the same: the lack of a transfer agreement between Russia and the NHL.

Anisimov will initially team up Cherepanov in the Super Series. “We will beat them!” said Anisimov of his team’s prospects. “Our team is very strong in character. We have kids who won silver at the last world championship. We already have some experience in international tournaments. Furthermore, we are now joined by kids a year younger who this spring took gold at the [Under-18] World Junior Championships.” For Russia to prevail, they will have to get past devastating losses to Canada in recent WJC finals. Anisimov explained the difference between the two countries at the junior level. “The main reason, I think, is that our young people lack experience in playoff games,” he said. “In Canada, the experience gained in elimination games is very important. Our rivals are in a league where they get in-game practice, in contrast to Russia's young players, who are rarely trusted in the critical moments.”

Sergei Nemchinov, a Ranger when they won the Stanley Cup in 1994, makes his head coaching debut in this series. “If the management of Russian Hockey Federation appointed Sergei Lvovich head coach, that means they trust him,” said Anisimov. “This Super Series -- his debut, we will try to make a success.” Nemchinov named Anisimov as one of the team’s leaders. “Any player on our team can take upon himself the role of leader,” Anisimov said. “Maybe it is best when there is no one specific person pulling evenyone along behind him. In one match, the burden will fall on some, the next day the lead will be accepted by others. This was the story with us this year in Sweden. All parts were of equal importance and in their own way interesting.” Anisimov is nevertheless a top candidate to wear the captain’s C for Russia. “Let’s wait for the decision of the coaching staff,” he said. “If they make me captain, it is good. If not, I will not be upset. I will help however I can.”

Thanks to Blueshirt Bulletin reader Laurie for the above quotes, all of which come from her translation of an interview at AllHockey.ru -- sure beats those weird Babelfish translations. A Cherepanov interview is presented in English at RussianProspects.com, but like the one we linked to yesterday, he talks only about the Super Series, not about the Rangers. In other Ranger reading, Marc Staal and Tommy Pyatt are preparing for training camp with other Thunder Bay natives, including Marc's less sensible brothers -- Staal speaks about his preparations in an article in the Thunder Bay Chronicle Journal. And the Detroit Free Press checks back in with former Red Wing and current Ranger Brendan Shanahan in a brief interview.
    platessmall.jpg
    Pre Season schedule games go onsale today at Noon!

that Friday Night game against the Isles is looking really good,...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Pre Season schedule games go onsale today at Noon!

that Friday Night game against the Isles is looking really good,...

get em thats my pre-season package game
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    ar least tikannenn can skate around kissing the opposing players.

:)
    true
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?