B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    now the big question

who will wear the # 23 .

Both Gomez and Drury sported that # with their respective teams.

:eek:

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    now the big question

who will wear the # 23 .

Both Gomez and Drury sported that # with their respective teams.

:eek:

:confused:

i love problems like these
    drury # 23
    gomez # 32??
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,234
    or they could swap jerseys on the line changes...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    just so they both know
    like 7 & 11 ,
    # 2 is not an option .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just so they both know
    like 7 & 11 ,
    # 2 is not an option .

# 7 who's that ;)
    former NYR Petr Sykora has signed with rival Pittsburgh Penguins.

wonder what jags thinks of that, along with losing his centreman Nylander.

mums the word from jaromir

( he's over in Czech Republic working out with the team jagr )
    platessmall.jpg
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i hate you guys. i just really really hate you guys.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    i hate you guys. i just really really hate you guys.

hate is a strong word red
    p.s. were having auditions for new fans next week

u and metsy can come try out ,, but ur islander history is gonna hurt ya ;)
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Wow. Just wow. What a steal.
    I love to turn you on
    ortmeyer to nashville :(
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i believe the NYR org is trying desperately to avoid those same things from past 7 seasons, and also they are trying to run with the win now while jagr continues to play , then after that ( he retires or returns to his homeland ) theyll try to rebuild even more.
    I guess so, considering even Jagr himself has stated he onlyhas about 2-3 NHL yrs left,....we'll see. The line combinations should be interesting thats for sure.
    Skeptical or not, I cant front, Im excited!!! :D

I didnt expect Nylander to head out to Edm. wow, and Ortmeyer to Nash.??
    I thought JD or Maloney might pick him up, oh well...I think Callahan might have a bit more of an upside thats why they let Jed go
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ortmeyer to nashville :(

cant help but give props to Orts.

definitely worth the steven macdonald award and all,..

i couldnt help but to think of the physical liability he is with the pulmonary embolism history.

i wish him all the best, whereever he is playing, and good health too . !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    cant help but give props to Orts.

definitely worth the steven macdonald award and all,..

i couldnt help but to think of the physical liability he is with the pulmonary embolism history.

i wish him all the best, whereever he is playing, and good health too . !

ditto best of luck to orts

stay healthy
    new line combination

Gomez centering Jagr & Straka.

Drury centering Shanny Avery

:eek: :eek:
    Bulletin
    The Rangers still have to re-sign free agents Brendan Shanahan, Sean Avery, Henrik Lundqvist, Marcel Hossa, and Petr Prucha, but they appear to have the cap space and flexibility to get those deals done. The first three love playing in New York and will be amenable to helping make the Rangers more competitive -- in another bold move that will probably pay off, that is certainly why Glen Sather held off on signing them until after July 1st. Hossa really has little choice beyond his qualifying offer, as the Rangers will not cry if he goes elsewhere. Prucha benefits from being as in love with the Rangers as the others as well as willing to play for peanuts at this point in his career. "It only started," he told Hokej.cz yesterday about his contract negotiations. "I got the qualifying offer so I am not an unrestricted free agent. I didn’t want that to happen. Sure I’d like some more [money], but I let my agent do the work and I’m not really thinking about it."

"Last season was definitely harder on my psyche," Prucha said about the pressure of trying to follow up his surprise 30-goal rookie campaign. "I set the bar rather high -- it’s not easy to score thirty goals. I tried to come close and to play my best." After a slow start, Prucha ended up fourth in goal scoring on the team with 22 goals. Prucha recognizes that reduced responsibility was a factor in his lower goal total. "Most of all, I wasn’t a part of the first power play unit which influences the numbers a lot," he said. "But I am grateful for every minute I get, so I didn’t complain. I was glad I could play."

Moving out of Jagr's apartment and out from under his wing was also part of Prucha's growth last season. "My apartment is quite close to Jarda," he said. "It wasn’t complicated to find it. I chose quickly -- as a matter of fact I picked the first one I was offered. I just didn’t want anything old -- a nice new flat. Two bedrooms just in case a visitor came in town. That’s all I was asking for." He also bought himself a new car. "I went with looks," Prucha said of his Mercedes CLS. "I liked it a lot. I wanted to buy it some time ago and now it went through." He hasn't put it through its paces yet. "It’s not that I don’t like speed, but I’m not actively seeking it. But if I was offered to try it [on a race course], I would." He also bought a small shop in Prague for his mother -- life is good for an NHL player, even at the lower end of the salary spectrum.

At the opposite end of the Rangers' payroll is Prucha's mentor, Jagr. Before yesterday's events unfolded, Jagr spoke to Denik Sport about the center ice position on his line. "I told him that I wish he stayed with us," Jagr said of Nylander, whom he called a few days ago. "It is very important to us that he stays. We would be very relieved. But it’s all about the money. I know Michael wants to play in New York, but he wants more money. He’s got five or six kids [six], so he wants to secure himself. I understand he wants to seize the situation he’s in."

"They command big bucks," Jagr said of the alternatives to Nylander, the Rangers now having signed two of them in Drury and Gomez. "Around $7 million dollars for six years," he said, predicting the figures almost exactly. "Management will overpay for these guys. If they don’t play well, then we’re screwed." So he was hoping for the return of his friend Nylander and the signing of a second line center to play with Shanahan. "Gomez would be best for that," he said. Now he will get to see how Gomez works out as his center, with Drury likely filling the second line pivot with Shanahan.

The report went on to say that Nylander told the Rangers he would test the open market and tell Sather what he got so that he could match any offer. If he wouldn’t match, Nylander would go elsewhere. Now we know how things transpired -- Sather didn't want to match Nylander's offer at $5 million a year for four years, not at his age (35), and got the younger Drury for $2 million more a year for one additional year. Nylander rolled the dice, and is now gone. Time will tell how happy Jagr will be with this turn of events, but it's hard to imagine him unhappy with the Rangers having added both of these top tier centers.
    platessmall.jpg
    this time he will be allowed to play in the playoffs !

niiiiice.

Bulletin

July 02, 2007
    Rangers Re-Sign Strudwick
    Rangers are bringing back Jason Strudwick, having re-signed the free agent defenseman who played part of last season in New York and all of the prior season.
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/images/primages/GomezDrury_0702_action3.jpg

It was stated on the NYR website that GM/President Glen Sather flipped a puck to determine which guy would wear #23 on the team. Drury won the toss.
    platessmall.jpg
    Straka ---Gomez---Jagr

Avery---Drury---Shannahan

Prucha---Cullen---Callahan

Hollweg or Hossa---Betts---Orr

wow
    platessmall.jpg
  • Drury looks SO good in that uniform (no homo)...fuck Gomez, looks like a goober

I think Drury is more likely to be on the first line with Jagr and Straka although I wouldn't mind seeing him play side by side with Avery!! Plus don't be suprised if a little old NJD cliq happens with Gomez and Shanny on the same line
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Confessions Of A Sean Avery Hater
    Confessions of a Sean Avery Hater
    by Jes

The fun has really started over at the NHL Fanhouse, with JP coming out of the closet as a Sean Avery fan. It seems more and more of these Avery lovers are coming out of the woodwork.

Sean F’in AVERY?

Sure, I’m an open-minded fellow... different strokes for different folks and all that, but have some frickin’ standards, would ya? Yes, I *would* kick Paris Hilton out of my bed if she ever leaped onto it. I prefer my crabs on a plate with some butter, green beans and potatoes, kthx.

Yeah, I not afraid to admit that I HATE SEAN AVERY, with a frickin' passion!

Sure, there are garden-variety reasons to hate the guy: His racist and ignorant comments, his cockiness, his cheap shots, his two-faced personality, his annoying smirk, and his bagging of Hollywood hotties. That's just part of the equation, however.

Why can't I stand the guy? Because, he just does not EVER ... SHUT ... THE ... HELL ... UP!

Any time I think of Avery, I go back to a Kings/Canucks game I attended at GM Place last season. Avery was at the end of the bench, talking non-stop to the officials, ice girls, opposing players, teammates, the water bottles, camera crew, etc ... blah blah blah blah blah! You could tell that his own teammates wanted nothing to do with the guy, and all that was missing was a mirror for Avery to admire himself with.

How can any sane person not want Sean Avery to get smashed in the face by a Zdeno Chara elbow?

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand people who love the sound of their own voice and feel the need to talk non-stop. Knowing Avery's level of intelligence, it would only add to the annoyance factor to hear his drivel 9 out of every 10 seconds of the night.

There is a reason why a majority of NHLers picked Sean Avery as the most hated among their peers, and I'm sure many of them were his former and current teammates. I know that if I were ever on the same team as Avery, I'd end up going postal on the guy during a practice, and send him to the hospital with a third grade concussion.

You know it as well as I do, Avery was the cocky prick who bullied you at high school and dated all the hot chicks you fantasized about.

That said, it's great to have the guy in the league. Every story needs a good villain, right? It will be lot more satisfying to see the Rangers choke in the playoffs (and they will) with Avery on the team.

funny, i dont think avery was any liability to the team, so guess he was wrong there,....
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this time he will be allowed to play in the playoffs !

niiiiice.

Bulletin

July 02, 2007
    Rangers Re-Sign Strudwick
    Rangers are bringing back Jason Strudwick, having re-signed the free agent defenseman who played part of last season in New York and all of the prior season.

NICE SIgN I THINK he is solid nice
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Straka ---Gomez---Jagr

Avery---Drury---Shannahan

Prucha---Cullen---Callahan

Hollweg or Hossa---Betts---Orr

wow

mikey likey lol nice
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    as much as i hate to admit it - i love this thread! rangers look good on paper...
    I love to turn you on
    Drury looks SO good in that uniform (no homo)...fuck Gomez, looks like a goober

I think Drury is more likely to be on the first line with Jagr and Straka although I wouldn't mind seeing him play side by side with Avery!! Plus don't be suprised if a little old NJD cliq happens with Gomez and Shanny on the same line
    What about Prucha? Can he go back to 30+ goals or what??
    stickboy wrote:
    What about Prucha? Can he go back to 30+ goals or what??
    only had 22 last year,, but he started real slow

his peak is 25-30

anything more is gravy
    p.s. look at all our centers mnnnnnnnnnnnn
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    only had 22 last year,, but he started real slow

his peak is 25-30

anything more is gravy
    what'd he net his rookie yr? I thought he hit 30 but if not and injuries happen or they mix and match lines he can get 30+. Even on the PP unit.
    stickboy wrote:
    what'd he net his rookie yr? I thought he hit 30 but if not and injuries happen or they mix and match lines he can get 30+. Even on the PP unit.

he had 30 2 or 3

that was playing 1st pp unit

remeber last year he got limited pp time
    as much as i hate to admit it - i love this thread! rangers look good on paper...

hey bath x

looks like another application for nyr fan lol;)

auditions being held in sept

im just messing w/ ya,, cheer for whoever u would like
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he had 30 2 or 3

that was playing 1st pp unit

remeber last year he got limited pp time
    and he had that nasty knee injury during that Philly game that kept himout for bout a month.

By LARRY BROOKS
    CLICK TO ENLARGEJuly 2, 2007 -- On the first big-market day of the NHL's salary-cap era, the Rangers, the biggest-market team of them all, flexed their muscles yesterday by signing prize free-agent centerpieces Scott Gomez and Chris Drury to contracts worth a combined $86.75 million over the life of their deals.

On the first day of 2007 free agency was one on which GM Glen Sather went for the ultimate reward while also assuming risk beyond the nature of the contracts that will account for $14.4M of the club's $50.3 cap space.

For in paying the toll to get Gomez across the Hudson and Drury downstate from Buffalo, Sather and the organization subtracted Michael Nylander - a known quantity working with Jaromir Jagr the last two years -from the equation.

The Post has learned that Sather made an effort to keep Nylander from becoming a free agent yesterday morning, but that No. 92 was determined to test the market. When Nylander, who will turn 35 in October, received offers of four years at more than $20M, Sather declined to match.

From the moment the season ended in Eastern elimination by the Sabres, the Rangers had targeted Gomez and Drury - 2004 USA World Cup and 2006 USA Olympic teammates - as 1 and 1A to fill the second-line center hole.

From the moment three weeks ago that Nylander first seemed destined to test the market, the Rangers hatched the plan to try to unite the Yankee Doodle Dandies on Broadway. It was a strategy revealed exclusively by The Post.

"Initially, we thought Michael was going to be here so we didn't think we'd be able to sign both," Sather said via conference call last night. "But when we decided not to sign Michael, we jumped at the opportunity."

The 27-year-old Gomez, a two-time Cup winner in New Jersey, signed a seven-year, $51.5M front-loaded contract under which he will earn $10M this season. He is a dynamic, speed-oriented puck carrier who tied for the NHL lead in assists in 2003-04 with 56.

Drury, the Connecticut-born kid who will turn 31 in August and is regarded as one of the great big-game, character players in the NHL, signed a five-year, $35.25M deal that will bring him home after tours in Colorado, Calgary and Buffalo.

It was Drury, of course, who scored the back-breaking, tying goal for the Sabres with 7.7 seconds to go in regulation of Game 5 in the eastern semis. Drury and Gomez - who spoke by phone last night - each have at least partial no-trade clauses, a deviation of precedent under Sather, who maintains cap maneuverability to sign Group II free agents Henrik Lundqvist, Brendan Shanahan, Sean Avery and Petr Prucha.

Gomez is the second big-name Devil to sign as a free agent with the Rangers in recent years. His friend Bobby Holik signed a pre-cap, five-year, $45M deal in 2001. That signing failed because the Blueshirts didn't know how to use him. "I'm going to the greatest stage there is, and the most pressure - New York City," Gomez told The Post. "I got a great contract, but with the contract comes the pressure - and I like it, I want it.

"I'm so excited, but it's not the excitement of the money. It's the excitement of having the chance to win the Stanley Cup in New York."

let's hope!
    i liked jagrs & strakas comments on nylander

July 02, 2007
    Jagr and Straka Delighted But Disappointed; Strudwick Signed
    In a TV interview in the Czech Republic, Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka expressed regret that the Rangers were unable to re-sign Michael Nylander, but were delighted with the acquisition of Scott Gomez and Chris Drury. "They are major additions," Jagr said of the Rangers' two new centers. "You never know, it might work out well, or not. But it will have to work out somehow because these guys are signed for a long time."

Jagr knew that Nylander would strive for the best deal possible. But he still felt the sting of his loss on a personal level. "I’m a little disappointed," he said. "We meshed well. We knew what to expect from each other." Straka said of Nylander, "He was our key player. I myself am surprised." But he too knew that the Rangers took a step forward with these signings. "Now we have a great chance to go somewhere," he said. "Certainly," agreed Jagr. "[But] to reach of the highest ranks, we still need a defenseman."

Jason Strudwick is probably not the defenseman Jagr had in mind -- he was probably talking about a power play quarterback or a stopper on D. Nevertheless, Strudwick was re-signed today, the Rangers bringing back the free agent who played part of last season in New York and all of the prior season as a depth defenseman who is a popular and positive influence in the locker room.

Posted by Dubi on July 02, 2007 at 04:09 PM | Permalink | Comments (36) | TrackBack (0)
    platessmall.jpg