2007 Yankees

Comments

• they've come back from 2-0 before, obviously not often but it has happened. i thought joe pulled pettitte too soon after only 93 pitches. if they win Game Three, Wang has to start Game Four.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    they've come back from 2-0 before, obviously not often but it has happened. i thought joe pulled pettitte too soon after only 93 pitches. if they win Game Three, Wang has to start Game Four.

oy :o
    Man oh man

they were saying they did that in the Oakland series, and they had to fly across the country to do that

My Dad said John Sterling said they should've pulled the team off the field with the bug infestation

I was thinking they should have at least called time. I mean Joba's neck was covered
    Did you see Derek on YES? His face looks like it has some red bumps on it!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    oy :o
    Man oh man

they were saying they did that in the Oakland series, and they had to fly across the country to do that

My Dad said John Sterling said they should've pulled the team off the field with the bug infestation

I was thinking they should have at least called time. I mean Joba's neck was covered

that might be the first time i agree with john sterling. but apparently they've had this before in cleveland and didn't pull the teams, so if they didn't do it then, they weren't going to do that here.

yep, my only concern with this one is that they have the fifth game in cleveland. but we'll see. at least these games end at a decent hour.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    that might be the first time i agree with john sterling. but apparently they've had this before in cleveland and didn't pull the teams, so if they didn't do it then, they weren't going to do that here.

yep, my only concern with this one is that they have the fifth game in cleveland. but we'll see. at least these games end at a decent hour.
    I guess Joe didn't know what to do b/c it's unprecedented for them, but this is the playoffs and that was clearly a big distraction for Joba. It was taking away from his concentration in the game. I mean he was covered w/them.

on Friday it doesn't matter to me when it ends, it just leaves me more time to be bummed out about it :(
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • wow, I don't even know where to begin. First off, this series is far from over. Jake Westbrook on Sunday, who got torched for 12 earned in 8 innings this year by the Yanks. Who's supposed to pitch a potential Game 4 for them? Byrd? sabathia?

If they do lose, well then it really is time for Joe to go. I thought he should have been gone after last year. No more calls from the warden.

I didn't like Viz in the 11th at all. Just not reliable enough. When he went 3-2 on Hafner, I pretty much knew it was over, as he was just gonna groove one to Hafner, who's way too good not to hit an 85 MPH batting practice meatball.

I'm pissed about the whole bug deal, but it's no excuse for Joba's performance, and Joba has said so himself. Carmona and Mariano pitched thru it, but still it was disgusting and inexcusable. They have to figure out a way to control that.

I don't want to see Matsui again in this series. I can't take watching that pathetic hack, grounder to 2nd anymore. That's unacceptable from an 8 hitter.

And then there's KRod. What a joke. He's obviously not the only one not hitting, but he is supposed to be the best player in the game. And he's well on his way to yet another 1 for October. maybe even an 0 for October. twice he's up with a runner on 2nd, desperately needing that run. He sucks. How pathetic that there's a runner on 2nd, two out, and they pitch to him? Cleveland challenged him, and he came up very, very small.

To sum it up, it ain't over, Matsui sucks and should grab a seat, ARod sucks and has to stop being such a pussy, and if they lose Sunday or MOnday, Joe Torre and ARod should both go.
    at least these games end at a decent hour.

I forgot to ask, are you going to Sunday's game?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • yep, I'll be at any of the playoff games that are played there. Since being a freelancer I get paid per game, I'd be really pissed at a third straight first-round defeat.

and when torre makes out his lineup on sunday, giambi has to be the designated hitter. i like matsui but he is clearly not 100 percent and this crap from a-rod has got to stop because for one thing, i'm tired of having to listen him explain it, but it's not just him.

and if i'm eric wedge there's no way i don't pitch c.c. sabathia if it gets to game Four.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    wow, I don't even know where to begin. First off, this series is far from over. Jake Westbrook on Sunday, who got torched for 12 earned in 8 innings this year by the Yanks. Who's supposed to pitch a potential Game 4 for them? Byrd? sabathia?

If they do lose, well then it really is time for Joe to go. I thought he should have been gone after last year. No more calls from the warden.

I didn't like Viz in the 11th at all. Just not reliable enough. When he went 3-2 on Hafner, I pretty much knew it was over, as he was just gonna groove one to Hafner, who's way too good not to hit an 85 MPH batting practice meatball.

I'm pissed about the whole bug deal, but it's no excuse for Joba's performance, and Joba has said so himself. Carmona and Mariano pitched thru it, but still it was disgusting and inexcusable. They have to figure out a way to control that.

I don't want to see Matsui again in this series. I can't take watching that pathetic hack, grounder to 2nd anymore. That's unacceptable from an 8 hitter.

And then there's KRod. What a joke. He's obviously not the only one not hitting, but he is supposed to be the best player in the game. And he's well on his way to yet another 1 for October. maybe even an 0 for October. twice he's up with a runner on 2nd, desperately needing that run. He sucks. How pathetic that there's a runner on 2nd, two out, and they pitch to him? Cleveland challenged him, and he came up very, very small.
    I don't think this is Joe's fault. They went up against 2 great pitchers and they're not hitting.
    They don't really even have anyone else to pitch an extra inning game like that. Who else could have came in?
    I agree Matsui should be benched and Giambi should DH.
    I'm no A-Rod fan so I'm with you on that.

The bug thing was a bad omen. It was terrible. Joba isn't going to make an excuse but how can someone be expected to pitch w/bugs covering his neck? Come on now.
    He's never been that wild in a ball game before. It had to have unnerved him.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    yep, I'll be at any of the playoff games that are played there. Since being a freelancer I get paid per game, I'd be really pissed at a third straight first-round defeat.

and when torre makes out his lineup on sunday, giambi has to be the designated hitter. i like matsui but he is clearly not 100 percent and this crap from a-rod has got to stop because for one thing, i'm tired of having to listen him explain it, but it's not just him.

and if i'm eric wedge there's no way i don't pitch c.c. sabathia if it gets to game Four.
    Nice
    well bring them luck then! :)

I agree about Giambi

and A-Rod

I was also surprised they didn't walk him with 1st base open in the 9th
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    I don't think this is Joe's fault. They went up against 2 great pitchers and they're not hitting.
    They don't really even have anyone else to pitch an extra inning game like that. Who else could have came in?
    I agree Matsui should be benched and Giambi should DH.
    I'm no A-Rod fan so I'm with you on that.

The bug thing was a bad omen. It was terrible. Joba isn't going to make an excuse but how can someone be expected to pitch w/bugs covering his neck? Come on now.
    He's never been that wild in a ball game before. It had to have unnerved him.

it looked like the bugs and the itching they caused led to him overthrowing, which is a common mechanical problem when pitchers can't throw strikes.

and regarding the bugs, saw this in the journal news blog:

Umpire crew chief Bruce Froemming spoke to a pool reporter and said no consideration was given to stopping the game because of the bugs.

“No, because it was just a little irritation,” he said. “Within about 45 minutes, basically, they were gone.”

Tell that to Joba Chamberlain, who was surrounded by the bugs when he gave up the tying run in the 8th inning.

“They bugged me but you’ve got to deal with it,” said Chamberlain, who allowed two walks, hit a batter and threw a wild pitch during the infestation. “They were bad.”

They were “midges” by the way. They are a sort of mosquito that breeds on Lake Erie in warm fall weather and drift inland on air masses. It was 81 at game time, which apprently created perfect weather for midges.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    it looked like the bugs and the itching they caused led to him overthrowing, which is a common mechanical problem when pitchers can't throw strikes.

and regarding the bugs, saw this in the journal news blog:

Umpire crew chief Bruce Froemming spoke to a pool reporter and said no consideration was given to stopping the game because of the bugs.

“No, because it was just a little irritation,” he said. “Within about 45 minutes, basically, they were gone.”

Tell that to Joba Chamberlain, who was surrounded by the bugs when he gave up the tying run in the 8th inning.

“They bugged me but you’ve got to deal with it,” said Chamberlain, who allowed two walks, hit a batter and threw a wild pitch during the infestation. “They were bad.”

They were “midges” by the way. They are a sort of mosquito that breeds on Lake Erie in warm fall weather and drift inland on air masses. It was 81 at game time, which apprently created perfect weather for midges.

Do you think Joba realized the irony of saying 'they bugged me'? ;)

I thought they were Canadian Soliders?! That's what they said on TBS. They said they were flying ants?

a LITTLE irritation? For 45 minutes! He didn't have to pitch. That's the big anti Semite guy. I do not like him
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Allie wrote:
    Nice
    well bring them luck then! :)

I agree about Giambi

and A-Rod

I was also surprised they didn't walk him with 1st base open in the 9th

why would they walk Arod? everyone knows it is october and he can't get it done this time of year.
  • why would they walk Arod? everyone knows it is october and he can't get it done this time of year.

with less than two outs, i'd have walked him if i was wedge, but when he has the possibility of making the third out and based on how carmona had pitched up to that point, i take my chances.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    just wondering, i had to leave during the 6th inning and had to miss the last part of the game (possibly one of my biggest regrets, ever). i keep hearing talk about chamberlain not pitching good because of the bugs - were they present for the indians pitchers too? i'm not trying to be an asshole fan, but from the things i've read online, and the espn article, they had all the attention focused on how it screwed up chamberlain's pitching and caused him the loss, but they haven't mentioned an effect on the indian's, really, yet.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Allie wrote:
    guys this sucks

I KNEW that thing with the bugs was a bad omen as was trying to win an extra inning game w/o home field advantage

Poor Joba :(

I hope Roger's hamstring is ok for Sunday guys. Oy vey. Bogus. Totally bogus. I am so bummed out.
    jaba "HO HO HO HO HO AH AH AH AH"

EL CHOKO
    welcome to ny, take your seat next to every fucking yankee team since 2001
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    drew0 wrote:
    just wondering, i had to leave during the 6th inning and had to miss the last part of the game (possibly one of my biggest regrets, ever). i keep hearing talk about chamberlain not pitching good because of the bugs - were they present for the indians pitchers too? i'm not trying to be an asshole fan, but from the things i've read online, and the espn article, they had all the attention focused on how it screwed up chamberlain's pitching and caused him the loss, but they haven't mentioned an effect on the indian's, really, yet.

watch the highlight on TV or on ESPN don't just read it
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:

it's come to this

blaming the loss on bugs :rolleyes:

this team won how many championships?

these last 7 years have been pathetic
  • they were there when the indians were present but it wasn't quite as noticeable as when chamberlain was on the mound.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

To sum it up, it ain't over, Matsui sucks and should grab a seat, ARod sucks and has to stop being such a pussy, and if they lose Sunday or MOnday, Joe Torre and ARod should both go.
    yea because changing managers somehow changes an overpaid lineup

your ace got ROCKED

wong couldnt get it done

Andy pitched well enough to win but the overpaid hitters didnt do shit ............ah-gain
    ah yes, it's almost the witching hour so all the Internet tough guys are coming to pollute our thread with their oh so articulate arguments.

"uh duh, the Yankees suck"

is that really the best you can come up with?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:

is that really the best you can come up with?
    shouldnt that be your phrase to the yankee$?

:rolleyes:
  • well that's almost predictable, i don't think it's too much to ask to keep this thread about baseball and not about whose overpaid and who sucks.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    shouldnt that be your phrase to the yankee$?

:rolleyes:

who do you root for?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    well that's almost predictable, i don't think it's too much to ask to keep this thread about baseball and not about whose overpaid and who sucks.

I suppose but it's rude. Can't the non Yanks fans just make a Yankees Suck thread and go over there with all of this?
    Blech.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    I suppose but it's rude. Can't the non Yanks fans just make a Yankees Suck thread and go over there with all of this?
    Blech.

that'd be fine. i don't chime into the other teams threads to say they suck, i chime in to talk about baseball. i guess i can't expect the same from other people, oh well.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    that'd be fine. i don't chime into the other teams threads to say they suck, i chime in to talk about baseball. i guess i can't expect the same from other people, oh well.
    that's b/c you are courteous, well mannered, articulate and intelligent. And funny.

you're alright gosh darnit :)

not to say the Yanks suck people aren't any of those things but it's just rude and insensitive. I was supportive to the Metsies fans when they were losing, I was even rooting for them to pull it together. I may tease some of the Boston fans but I don't think I've said they sucked.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    that's b/c you are courteous, well mannered, articulate and intelligent. And funny.

you're alright gosh darnit :)

not to say the Yanks suck people aren't any of those things but it's just rude and insensitive. I was supportive to the Metsies fans when they were losing, I was even rooting for them to pull it together. I may tease some of the Boston fans but I don't think I've said they sucked.

oh well, i guess that's the lack of civility that exists when it comes to sports. it's really annoying, especially in this day and age when the players are not really enemies off the field.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    oh well, i guess that's the lack of civility that exists when it comes to sports. it's really annoying, especially in this day and age when the players are not really enemies off the field.

ahem, people usually say 'thank you' when they are complimented :)

I mean I know people get heated if they root for a certain team or if they hate the Yankees

but I mean I am really bummed out right now, I don't need to hear "Yankees suck" all night,that doesn't help

Tom McDonald is off tonight, Budd Mishkin is doing Sports on 1
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Allie wrote:

I mean I know people get heated if they root for a certain team or if they hate the Yankees

but I mean I am really bummed out right now, I don't need to hear "Yankees suck" all night,that doesn't help

it comes with the territory of being a sports fan. there are always people out there that want to see your team lose. i am a red sox fan and believe me...

i have heard my fair share of "Red Sox suck" comments over the years.
  • Allie wrote:

oh, whoops. thanks.

i don't ever want to hear it because i don't go around telling oriole fans their team sucks or devil ray fans their team sucks and i wasn't walking around in 1999 and 2003 saying the red sox suck. i have too much respect for the sport and the history of the game for that stuff.

that's always disappointing when mcdonald doesn't work. watching him stumble through everything is always funny even on a night like this one.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024