2007 Yankees

Comments

• YEEEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    THATS MY BOY CLEMENS.
    I don't think so bitch jays.

That a ball team baby. thats would i like to see. some fire in these guys.
    u wouldn't have seen this 2 months ago.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    to quote yourself after A-Fraud got beaned

also...YANKEES ARE PUSSIES!! should be ashamed.....

Everyone knew that with some beaning going along and Clemens on the mound, he would not be able to avoid his savage feelings to get involved. He's a chump, always has been, always will.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:

Everyone knew that with some beaning going along and Clemens on the mound, he would not be able to avoid his savage feelings to get involved. He's a chump, always has been, always will.
    Wrong. He's a competitor. He's a battler. He's team ballplayer who sticks up for his guys.
    Jays started this. Yanks just finishing it
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • smarchee wrote:
    A-Rod got what was coming to him tonight. Towers plunked him in the leg for being a bitch the last time he was up here with that "mine" scream rounding third on a pop-up. He's lucky Stairs didn't get closer to him, or he would have been looking even more foolish than he did pursing those big purply-lips at Towers

yeah... watch out for matt stairs. he might actually make a noticeable contribution to a major league organization. :rolleyes:

if a-rod had anything "coming to him," it happened last night. tonight was just another shining example of why the blue jays have been a major league punch line for the last 14 years.

and i can assure you that a-rod is in no way responsible for 14 years of futility.
    smarchee wrote:
    wrong. Yankee bias

ummm... maybe you shouldn't have played the bias card...

i dunno... just a thought...

in my own biased opinion, i thought it was a great play by duncan. he plays the game hard. i hope the blue jays were taking notes.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    the annual swoon has begun for my sox.

yanks win the east.

again

:(

i apologize for all the trash i talked.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Joba looked good in the game last night.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    smarchee wrote:

why should the yankees be ashamed?
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    why should the yankees be ashamed?

its not worth arguing w/ these clowns
    they all root for chumps
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The Blue Jay announcers didn't have a problem with Duncan's slide either.

Greg Zaun of the Blue Jays on Clemens: "He's a warrior," Zaun said. "He's not going to stand by and let guys take shots at his players. I certainly understand the way they felt about that situation and I would expect nothing less from him. He's going to protect his players."

.5 back in the Wild Card
    5 back in the AL East
    Brian
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NCBRI wrote:
    The Blue Jay announcers didn't have a problem with Duncan's slide either.

Greg Zaun of the Blue Jays on Clemens: "He's a warrior," Zaun said. "He's not going to stand by and let guys take shots at his players. I certainly understand the way they felt about that situation and I would expect nothing less from him. He's going to protect his players."

.5 back in the Wild Card
    5 back in the AL East

SWEET!
    When do we play Boston again?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie02 wrote:
    SWEET!

28th-30th at The Stadium
    Brian
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    Allie02 wrote:
    SWEET!

after they start playing some real teams like cleveland, detroit and anaheim (ie - end of the month).

all kidding aside, the yanks have done exactly what they should do, beat up on crap teams like the royals, d-rays, etc.
    NCBRI wrote:
    28th-30th at The Stadium
    Oh yeah! It's on! Woo hoo. I hope Clemens is due to pitch during that series! Hee hee.

That'll be fantastic.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    wang is just not sharp tonight.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    wang is just not sharp tonight.

he hasn't been sharp for a few starts.
    I miss igotid88
  • wang is just not sharp tonight.

he's never sharp on the road. i just don't understand it. he looks like a cy young winner when he pitches at the stadium but on the road he's worse than kevin brown. it makes no sense.
    he's never sharp on the road. i just don't understand it. he looks like a cy young winner when he pitches at the stadium but on the road he's worse than kevin brown. it makes no sense.

worse than kevin brown!? LOW BLOW!
    Wang over the last month: 4-2, 5.66 ERA, 46 hits in 35 innings

Detroit lost today 8-1 to T-Bay.

Seatle at Baltimore - SEA: H. Ramirez (6-3, 6.68)
    BAL: D. Cabrera (8-11, 4.90)

Cleveland at Chicago - CLE: A. Laffey (0-1, 5.06)
    CWS: M. Buehrle (9-6, 3.07)

.5 back in the Wild Card
    Brian
  • worse than kevin brown!? LOW BLOW!

yeah... sorry. that was uncalled for. i realized it right after i posted it, too.

i'd been drinking. :o
  • NCBRI wrote:
    Wang over the last month: 4-2, 5.66 ERA, 46 hits in 35 innings

some people are saying it's because of the issue with his fingernail.

they probably would have put him on the DL if they thought that two or three starts off would correct the problem. apparently it's not that simple.
    Clemens suspended 5 games and Torre 1 game.

So much for that Yankee bias. :rolleyes:
    Brian
  • NCBRI wrote:

and for some reason, the suspension isn't retroactive to his last start (so they can't use the off day to their advantage). i thought that's how it worked with pitchers. i guess i was wrong.

it sucks that this had to happen. after josh towers hit a-rod, it was basically a foregone conclusion that clemens would have to miss his next start. it doesn't make any sense that josh towers should be able to dictate these types of things.

it's a pretty harsh penalty considering that they also lost a-rod for at least one game as a result of the incident. apparently, retaliation is a more serious offense than causing injury.

the league office is such a fucking joke.
    and for some reason, the suspension isn't retroactive to his last start (so they can't use the off day to their advantage). i thought that's how it worked with pitchers. i guess i was wrong.

it sucks that this had to happen. after josh towers hit a-rod, it was basically a foregone conclusion that clemens would have to miss his next start. it doesn't make any sense that josh towers should be able to dictate these types of things.

it's a pretty harsh penalty considering that they also lost a-rod for at least one game as a result of the incident. apparently, retaliation is a more serious offense than causing injury.

the league office is such a fucking joke.

i'm pretty certain that someone within the organization needs to let mlb know that roger is going to accept the suspension before it officially starts. he can put in an appeal to delay it - typically pitcher's suspensions of 5 games aren't reduced because 5 games is the whole point, so they 'miss' a start in the rotation. i'm not sure if torre can appeal his - i think his is automatically the next game played (but i am not 100% sure on this).

once both benches are warned if the umpire believes either pitcher intentionally throws at a batter they're tossed and then the league will review. once roger got a suspension, torre gets an automatic 1 game suspension.

i agree that the league office and the whole warning, ejection, retaliation thing is somewhat of a joke. the warnings get thrown out there so fast. i'm actually surprised the umps didn't warn both benches before the 2nd game of the series seeing as arod was thrown at in the 1st game.
  • JSBE wrote:
    i'm pretty certain that someone within the organization needs to let mlb know that roger is going to accept the suspension before it officially starts. he can put in an appeal to delay it - typically pitcher's suspensions of 5 games aren't reduced because 5 games is the whole point, so they 'miss' a start in the rotation. i'm not sure if torre can appeal his - i think his is automatically the next game played (but i am not 100% sure on this).

once both benches are warned if the umpire believes either pitcher intentionally throws at a batter they're tossed and then the league will review. once roger got a suspension, torre gets an automatic 1 game suspension.

i agree that the league office and the whole warning, ejection, retaliation thing is somewhat of a joke. the warnings get thrown out there so fast. i'm actually surprised the umps didn't warn both benches before the 2nd game of the series seeing as arod was thrown at in the 1st game.

yeah, i think you're right that torre's suspension is automatic. i was actually surprised that the league didn't make him serve it last night.

the only reason roger might appeal would be if he intends to drop it at a time when the yankees specifically are able to line up a starter to take his place.

honestly, it would just make more sense for the umpires to only issue warnings after both teams have gotten "even." let them police themselves a little before getting involved.

MLB is worried about injuries and bad PR, i guess. i don't blame them, but that doesn't change the fact that the retaliation is almost always more justified than the initial offense.
    NCBRI wrote:

but the guy that busted up A-Rod's knee isn't suspended?! They started it! Gosh darnit, that's wild.

That's shocking to me.

Didn't they use to 'police themselves' back in the day? Is this a new thing with the suspensions and whatnot?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    yeah, i think you're right that torre's suspension is automatic. i was actually surprised that the league didn't make him serve it last night.

the only reason roger might appeal would be if he intends to drop it at a time when the yankees specifically are able to line up a starter to take his place.

honestly, it would just make more sense for the umpires to only issue warnings after both teams have gotten "even." let them police themselves a little before getting involved.

MLB is worried about injuries and bad PR, i guess. i don't blame them, but that doesn't change the fact that the retaliation is almost always more justified than the initial offense.

i thought the suspension was handed out today? that's why torre wouldn't have served it last night.

i'm 99.9% certain roger will appeal so they can work something out where he will pitch on regular rest and not 'miss' a turn. i could have sworn a couple years ago the 'default' pitcher suspension was 6 games just for that reason.

i totally agree with you on the getting even thing because it pisses me off when it happens to the red sox just as much as i'm sure it pisses you off that it just happened to the yanks.

i think that mlb just doesn't want it to get out of hand and have a serious injury (ie - bean ball) or a wild, bench clearing brawl. where it does suck that one team can "get away" with an obvious hbp (the blue jays in this case) and the team that has their pitcher stick up for the teammate that was hit (the yanks in this case) gets the suspension.
    JSBE wrote:
    i'm 99.9% certain roger will appeal so they can work something out where he will pitch on regular rest and not 'miss' a turn. i could have sworn a couple years ago the 'default' pitcher suspension was 6 games just for that reason.

That is kinda what I was expecting to happen, but apparently Clemens/Yankees decided not to appeal. So if he will serve today through Tuesday then he will probably pitch Wednesday instead of Monday. They will have to find someone to start either Monday or Tuesday (Wang will start one of those days). Maybe Karstens gets the start.

Big series this weekend in Cleveland. The kid starts tonight.

1 game back in The Wild Card Race
    Brian
  • and tonight's lineup:

Damon DH
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    Rodriguez 3B
    Matsui LF
    Cano 2B
    Betemit 1B
    Molina C
    Cabrera CF
    Hughes RHP
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    padres put in a claim for igawa. if a trade can be worked out, i can't imagine them wanting to take on too much of his salary. the yanks will be on the hook for a lot of that $26mil.

big series starting this weekend. should be interesting because the indians have been doing very well lately.
    double post. sorry