2007 Yankees

Comments

• Back to 8 baby. Don't want to speak too soon with what happened last time.
    Can't wait for Hughes to get back though.

Maybe.....Boston is not that great of a team. Maybe their record is so strong because all of the AL east teams have been soooo shitty this year so far.

A side note....the second Giambi gets back Damon needs to be a utility reserve and ride the pine and pinch run. & Farnsworth should only pitch when team is leading by 6 runs or more.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    These last 3 games they would've lost a month ago.
    I miss igotid88
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I don't care if Giambi ever comes back. I'm not a fan of his so I'm probably not very objective on the subject. I love how Phillips is playing though.

Rumors circulating that they may deal a bullpen pitcher because they have so many arms out there. Cashman has said that only Rivera is unavailabe. I hope Farnsworth is moved. They may be looking to aquire a utility infielder and Wilson Betimit's (Dodgers) name has popped up. Also probably shopping for a backup catcher and help at First Base.

Hughes makes another rehab start for Trenton tonight.
    Brian
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    NCBRI wrote:
    I don't care if Giambi ever comes back. I'm not a fan of his so I'm probably not very objective on the subject. I love how Phillips is playing though.

Rumors circulating that they may deal a bullpen pitcher because they have so many arms out there. Cashman has said that only Rivera is unavailabe. I hope Farnsworth is moved. They may be looking to aquire a utility infielder and Wilson Betimit's (Dodgers) name has popped up. Also probably shopping for a backup catcher and help at First Base.

Hughes makes another rehab start for Trenton tonight.

i've made my opinion about farnsworth in this thread many times. i don't care what they do, i just want him off the team. i can't stand him so much, i wouldn't care if they just cut him from the team completely. he's no good. he had a stretch last season right after the all-star break when things seemed to turn around for him. but his inconsistancy came back. the only thing he's consistant with is his ability to give up either a lead off walk, an extra base hit, or a home run. in close games when i hear they're bringing him in, i feel like i'm going to vomit.

what is giambi's status? i've been kinda busy, only been able to listen to the games sporadically, so i don't know if they're thinking he'll be back before the season is over. i'd like to see him back in the lineup and damon get a rest, as was said a few posts ago.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
    Another game with no run support for Clemens.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Another game with no run support for Clemens.

still early, only a 1 run lead. thankfully farnsworth pitched last night, so we shouldn't be seeing him tonight.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    yanks will need to win like 58 of the remaining games to catch the sux.

could they be putting something together ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    moeaholic wrote:
    still early, only a 1 run lead. thankfully farnsworth pitched last night, so we shouldn't be seeing him tonight.

I know. But they've had chances. Imagine how many wins he would have if he had some support in those 1 run or shutouts that he threw. Where he lost or got a no-decision.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    I know. But they've had chances. Imagine how many wins he would have if got some support in those 1 run or shutouts that he threw. Where he lost or got a no-decision.

i'm with you 100%. he's been pitching great, just not enough support.

like i said before, i don't start sweating until farnsworth's name is brought up, and him being the sissy that he is (i can't pitch 2 games in a row), we won't be seeing him give more runs to the jays tonight.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    arod 2 run double boo ya

2-1 bottom 7th
    moeaholic wrote:
    i'm with you 100%. he's been pitching great, just not enough support.

like i said before, i don't start sweating until farnsworth's name is brought up, and him being the sissy that he is (i can't pitch 2 games in a row), we won't be seeing him give more runs to the jays tonight.

You'd think he get more when he left Houston. When are they gonna put Edwar in the game?
    I miss igotid88
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    7 Back !!!
    and 6 in the wild card.
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    while they aren't the 1996 yankees, these last few wins are an example of the old gutty, gritty, yankees. that being said, it'd be nice to get some blowouts, especially with the devil rays this weekend.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Phil Hughes has looked good in two minor leage rehab starts. hopefully he will be pitching for the club come monday :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    intodeep wrote:
    Phil Hughes has looked good in two minor leage rehab starts. hopefully he will be pitching for the club come monday :)

doubtful, he's got another rehab start for scranton-wilkes barre. maybe next weekend in baltimore.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • & 6 Back in the loss column behind boston.
    I loved last night when Girardi said in like the 5th inning when yanks were down 1-0..."you just get the feeling the yankees are going to win this game. even when they're down now you feel like they are gonna make it happen."
    Again don't want to speak too soon but i likey.

interesting fact i read in the paper yesterday. Yanks have had 15 games blown by the bullpen this year. Boston has had only 3 games blown. If you do the math, add that factor to the current standings, and eliminate the blown games that yankees would be about 6 games above boston in the standings.

Sweeeep today!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    oh well,

yet another 1 ( or 2 ) run loss,..

the Yankees record this year with 1 or 2 run losses is just attrocious.
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    & 6 Back in the loss column behind boston.
    I loved last night when Girardi said in like the 5th inning when yanks were down 1-0..."you just get the feeling the yankees are going to win this game. even when they're down now you feel like they are gonna make it happen."
    Again don't want to speak too soon but i likey.

interesting fact i read in the paper yesterday. Yanks have had 15 games blown by the bullpen this year. Boston has had only 3 games blown. If you do the math, add that factor to the current standings, and eliminate the blown games that yankees would be about 6 games above boston in the standings.

Sweeeep today!!!
    wow, the remainder of the schedules in our favor. WIth the exception of the mid-to end of Aug, where we get top notch teams, all we get to do is beat up on TB, KC, CWS, and Toronto!

I like our chances ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    Sounds like the Reds were trying to shop Dunn to the Yanks, but Cashman wouldn't give up what they wanted. Nice to see them showing restraint these days and refusing to trade away their young talent. They seem to be happy with Phillips and unless something comes along that makes sense they aren't going to make a move for a 1B.

Jeff karstens like Hughes has had a few rehab starts and done well. He could be a bullpen option down the stretch.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Sounds like the Reds were trying to shop Dunn to the Yanks, but Cashman wouldn't give up what they wanted. Nice to see them showing restraint these days and refusing to trade away their young talent. They seem to be happy with Phillips and unless something comes along that makes sense they aren't going to make a move for a 1B.

Jeff karstens like Hughes has had a few rehab starts and done well. He could be a bullpen option down the stretch.

I'm hearing good things about Joba Chamberlain. Some say he's better than Phil Hughes.
    I miss igotid88
    Sucks for Edwar. Took Joe forever to bring him in and now he can't find the strike zone.
    I miss igotid88
  • wow,can the yankees PLEASE go one year without making the playoffs?

http://bryle.freehostia.com/
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm hearing good things about Joba Chamberlain. Some say he's better than Phil Hughes.

That's pretty interesting especially when you consider that Hughes has been one of the most hyped players the Yanks have had in years. And I believe Phil will be that good as long as he remains healthy.

Some interesting stuff from theTrenton Thunder website.

Why the hell can't Mussina pitch to Posada? Bad outing without his boy Nieves last night.

Igawa and DeSalvo going in the double header today.
    Brian
  • NCBRI wrote:
    That's pretty interesting especially when you consider that Hughes has been one of the most hyped players the Yanks have had in years. And I believe Phil will be that good as long as he remains healthy.

believe the hype. joba the hutt is the real deal. 95-98 MPH fastball with great command, 72 MPH changeup, nasty slider. some people in the organization want to call him up right now to be the 8th inning guy.

that's gonna be a nasty 1-2 combo at the front of the rotation in a few years, with wang as the #3 starter.

all they have to do after that is find two more good pitchers from their giant pile of prospects (clippard, karstens, ohlendorf, sanchez, kennedy, rasner, desalvo, betances, wright, etc), and they'll have the type of rotation that they can build another dynasty around.

this is why i hate it when people say brian cashman isn't doing a good job. he's looking at the way smaller market teams have had success (minnesota, detroit, oakland, florida), and he's building the yankees in a similar way.
    NCBRI wrote:
    Why the hell can't Mussina pitch to Posada? Bad outing without his boy Nieves last night.

because he's worthless, that's why. he should worry less about who he's pitching to and more about which team he's gonna get traded to when hughes and karstens come back.

BTW, shelley duncan for president in '08.
    shelley duncan for president in '08.

here here

the joy on the guys face high fiving thru the dugout and then to get a curtain call from the bronx faithful.

niiiiice
    platessmall.jpg
    NCBRI wrote:

I think Posada started yesterday.
    I miss igotid88

that's gonna be a nasty 1-2 combo at the front of the rotation in a few years, with wang as the #3 starter.

because he's worthless, that's why. he should worry less about who he's pitching to and more about which team he's gonna get traded to when hughes and karstens come back.

BTW, shelley duncan for president in '08.

It could be another Smolts/Glavine/Maddux.
    I miss igotid88
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    the joy on the guys face high fiving thru the dugout and then to get a curtain call from the bronx faithful.

he smacked the shit out of kim jones during the postgame interview.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Yankees!
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.