2007 Yankees

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    it's based on the book - Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx is Burning". .

yes ! thats it !

they had a guy that looked like thurman munson too.

good stuff
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sorry to break it to you
    hes a tiger now.

and no, but we all have this one.
    http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/jeffmshaw/varitek_a-rod.jpg
    http://www.kaplink.net/funny/sox1.jpg
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.

holy crap

its the same kid

f'n soxfans photoshopping our kid.

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    holy crap

its the same kid

f'n soxfans photoshopping our kid.

The fact that the kid looks Irish leans me to believe its originally Boston.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow the last few posts have had 8.5 ,

maybe his 8 , . , and 5 are stuck on his keyboard. :rolleyes:

I think the Sox are stuck at 8.5....oh well.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• LOL that kid is dutch. It's a soccer fan for crying out loud. It's been photoshopped so many times it's not funny.

http://www.toddbreer.com/images/v3/small/s_120702_younghooligan.jpg
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Yankees Sign Chinese Pair

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees signed a pair of Chinese players, saying Monday they were the first players from China signed by major league teams with the approval of the country's baseball association.

Kai Liu, a 19-year-old left-handed pitcher, and Zhenwang Zhang, a 19-year-old catcher, are to be introduced at a Yankee Stadium news conference on July 6 and then will report to the team's minor league complex in Tampa, Fla.

Liu has played for Guangdong Province in China's six-team league and has been chosen for the national team. Zhang played for the Tianjin Lions, winning league titles in 2002, 2005 and 2006, and appeared in one game at last year's World Baseball Classic but did not have any at-bats.

"We have scouts worldwide and we have seen both players in the past," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said.

Yankees executives visited China in January and reached a working agreement with the Chinese Baseball Association.

3.5 games back in the Wild Card race
    Brian
    Also saw that the Yanks might be considering making a deal for Shea Hillebrand. Not crazy about him even if its a deal for a bag of baseballs. Dougie M. (not even gonna try to spell it) will be back and I'm pleased with what Cairo has been doing.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Yankees Sign Chinese Pair

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees signed a pair of Chinese players, saying Monday they were the first players from China signed by major league teams with the approval of the country's baseball association.

Kai Liu, a 19-year-old left-handed pitcher, and Zhenwang Zhang, a 19-year-old catcher, are to be introduced at a Yankee Stadium news conference on July 6 and then will report to the team's minor league complex in Tampa, Fla.

Liu has played for Guangdong Province in China's six-team league and has been chosen for the national team. Zhang played for the Tianjin Lions, winning league titles in 2002, 2005 and 2006, and appeared in one game at last year's World Baseball Classic but did not have any at-bats.

"We have scouts worldwide and we have seen both players in the past," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said.

Yankees executives visited China in January and reached a working agreement with the Chinese Baseball Association.

3.5 games back in the Wild Card race

Why did I find this funny?

"The New York Yankees signed a pair of Chinese players,"

I literally laughed out loud.

Hmmm...maybe I'm just a goof.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

NCBRI wrote:
    Also saw that the Yanks might be considering making a deal for Shea Hillebrand. Not crazy about him even if its a deal for a bag of baseballs. Dougie M. (not even gonna try to spell it) will be back and I'm pleased with what Cairo has been doing.

i believe at this point that the less tinkering , the better, unless of course it involves a young talented pitcher .

oh and Chien-Ming Wang looked pretty fucking good last night. :)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i believe at this point that the less tinkering , the better, unless of course it involves a young talented pitcher .

oh and Chien-Ming Wang looked pretty fucking good last night. :)

Yeah, Wang is starting to look like the guy we saw last year and then some. His strikeout numbers are way up compared to last year including 10 last night :eek: .
    Brian
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    NCBRI wrote:
    Yeah, Wang is starting to look like the guy we saw last year and then some. His strikeout numbers are way up compared to last year including 10 last night :eek: .
    Wang kicked butt last night.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

out of stock. :(

in any case, i think it kinda sucks that they would show a picture of the full bullpen version and then say that you're not guaranteed to get it.
    Going to catch a game tonight as Scranton is in town to play the Bulls. Was hoping to see one of the kids pitch, but apparently Colter Bean is starting for Scranton. Not so excited about that. Apparently the kid Shelley Duncan hit a grand slam last night to win the game. Looking forward to seeing him play.

4 games back in the Wild Card race
    Brian
    out of stock. :(

in any case, i think it kinda sucks that they would show a picture of the full bullpen version and then say that you're not guaranteed to get it.

totaaly, and theres a limit of 2 per customer.

oh well i hope i get lucky and land 1 with the bullpen thingy.

its mariano, and you cant go wrong with him either way.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Mussina (3-3, 5.17 ERA) vs. Fogg (2-5, 4.95 ERA) tonight.

Here's hopin' the Rox can take 2 out of 3!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    Mussina (3-3, 5.17 ERA) vs. Fogg (2-5, 4.95 ERA) tonight.

Here's hopin' the Rox can take 2 out of 3!!!

dont forget the yankees last run out up there

70 runs in 3 games. :eek:

d'oh
    platessmall.jpg
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Bathgate66 wrote:

d'oh

i'm really pissed i have to work and won't be home to watch this series. not only that, the only way to hear the game is on am radio, and the fcc cuts the radio stations signal strength down at 9pm, and i'm in a huge building, with no windows in my work area, so i have to try to hear john sterling through massive ammounts of static.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
    Bathgate66 wrote:

d'oh

FYI, that was right after the Rox started using the humidor for the baseballs. Imagine what it could have been if it was before, 100 runs?!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    CServant wrote:
    FYI, that was right after the Rox started using the humidor for the baseballs. Imagine what it could have been if it was before, 100 runs?!

Wasn't it before the humidor since those games were in 2002. And I think the combined runs were 70 with the Yanks scoring 49 of them.
    I miss igotid88
  • yankees recall andy phillips.

josh phelps was designated for assignment and offered back to the baltimore orioles.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AmHE5ctoioEyKdDeWlkyCZsRvLYF?slug=ap-yankeesmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    moeaholic wrote:
    i'm really pissed i have to work and won't be home to watch this series. not only that, the only way to hear the game is on am radio, and the fcc cuts the radio stations signal strength down at 9pm, and i'm in a huge building, with no windows in my work area, so i have to try to hear john sterling through massive ammounts of static.

having to endure john sterling is bad enough, but through static is even worse. How will you be able to tell what is actually happening?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    moeaholic wrote:
    wow, last night i thought my batteries were going dead on my shower-radio...i guess not
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    disappointing loss last night. jorge should have came through with the bases loaded in the 8th.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477

around the corner
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    igotid88 wrote:
    Wasn't it before the humidor since those games were in 2002. And I think the combined runs were 70 with the Yanks scoring 49 of them.

2002: Yanks 41 Rox 29
    2007: Yanks 1 Rox 3 (so far)

Tonight's match-up:
    Petite 4-4, 2.93 ERA vs Francis 6-5, 3.61 ERA

Should be another great game! Let's see if the Rox can keep it going in the "Bronx West" tonight.
    CServant wrote:
    2002: Yanks 41 Rox 29
    2007: Yanks 1 Rox 3 (so far)

Tonight's match-up:
    Petite 4-4, 2.93 ERA vs Francis 6-5, 3.61 ERA

Should be another great game! Let's see if the Rox can keep it going in the "Bronx West" tonight.

pettitte.

platessmall.jpg
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    having to endure john sterling is bad enough, but through static is even worse. How will you be able to tell what is actually happening?

to tell you the truth, i really don't mind john sterling that much. i suppose if i had more options, my attitude might change. but that's all i can get, so i'm not going to complain about who i'm listening to, just the radio station that broadcasts him. i really wish they'd get an FM affiliate.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton