Options

mitchell list with the names here

123457»

Comments

• Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    PJ_Saluki wrote:
    Gimme a break about that. I'm too drunk/lazy to look up the stats, but Rocket got better in his late-30s/early-40s than he ever was before then. He was washed up his last couple years in Boston and he miraculously finds the fountain of youth in Toronto? I'm just pissed the Pirates didn't have more guys juicing. Maybe they wouldn't be killing me with a 15-year losing streak! Sports are dirty kids, whether it's redshirts cheating on tests, pros loading up on pharms or owners holding cities hostage. Life is sport. Take that for what it's worth.

His last year in Boston was actually pretty good, and his ERA+ (139) is right around his career average (143). He had only one pretty bad year in Boston, and even then he was slightly above league average.

The worst 2 year stretch of his career, as far as ERA+ goes, came after the time he is accused of using illegal substances(2002-3). One of the worst seasons of his career(1999) also came after he reportedly started using.

I think he probably did use steroids, but his career path is very strange. If he was on PEDs which caused him to dominate in Toronto, I would think he would continue using them in New York.
  • Options
    Hey, no facts here. It's a lynch mob based on the word of a date rapist who was threatened with jail time if he didn't cough up some names. So take your facts and get them out of here...

Hey, what's the word in Houston about giving up the farm (literally) for a known roider a day before he is named in the report?
  • Options
    Hey, no facts here. It's a lynch mob based on the word of a date rapist who was threatened with jail time if he didn't cough up some names. So take your facts and get them out of here...

Hey, what's the word in Houston about giving up the farm (literally) for a known roider a day before he is named in the report?

The farm was growing trash, so I am not upset by the trade.

Some of the local media is freaking out, and the fanbase seems to have mixed reactions to it. I'd say most of those upset about the trade are just worried about onfield performance, but there's a small segment who are ready to crucify any accused roid user.
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    The farm was growing trash, so I am not upset by the trade.

Some of the local media is freaking out, and the fanbase seems to have mixed reactions to it. I'd say most of those upset about the trade are just worried about onfield performance, but there's a small segment who are ready to crucify any accused roid user.

How abouut the Houston reaction to hometown boys and alumni Clemens and Pettitte?
  • Options
    How abouut the Houston reaction to hometown boys and alumni Clemens and Pettitte?

Similar to the Tejada reactions; A lot of mixed opinions. On one Astros forum I visit, I would guess that roughly 75% would welcome Clemens back with open arms next season, and again, most of the reservations would be about his financial demands and potential decline in production.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar around the league for most teams. There will be some portions that (irrationally) hate all (alleged) roid users, while most others will support them if they play for their team.
  • Options
    ...and now Brian Roberts has come clean.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-orioles-roberts-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns

I think we're going to keep getting validation that this report, while very limited in scope, didn't falsely accuse anyone. Of course the reasons why they took them will vary and some guys will be more guilty than others.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    B-Rob is still a major source of running inspiration for me. He's in the videos to the right of the middle of the page . . . what a nice man :)

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=bal

The other O's seem pretty cool, too. Happy Holidays O's fans!

If B-Rob's traded to the cubs, then I'm a cubs fan . . . . Or I'd just forget the whole baseball debacle and move on with my life :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird