Options

the official JULY 1ST 2008 NHL FREE AGENT THREAD!!

Comments

• Options
    The best part about Hagman is his wife
    http://www.f1-forum.fi/misc/pirita.jpg

but of course if he has finally learned how to hit the net he can be useful.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Ryan Craig re-signed with Tampa.
    Slow start to day 2 ;)
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Hossa to Detroit for 1 year...

Ken Holland should just get to hold onto the Cup instead of keeping it at the Hall of Fame.... That organization is SICK!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    he better hope he doesnt tear his knee up
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I guess money isn't everything to him afterall!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I guess money isn't everything to him afterall!

big risk to take ,,passing on the big contract
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    big risk to take ,,passing on the big contract
    Now it's Sundin and Huselius on the open market..
  • Options
    Yay, Avery's off to the Western Conference!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Fuck.
    The Oil have been saying Huselius is plan B. I wanted Hossa. But the paper today said 9 years at 9 mil, I'm almost glad we didn't get him for that.
  • Options
    Fuck.
    The Oil have been saying Huselius is plan B. I wanted Hossa. But the paper today said 9 years at 9 mil, I'm almost glad we didn't get him for that.
    Severely overpriced.
    You might have some competition for Huselius.

Sundin's thanked everyone for looking but he's not ready to decide to play or retire ;)
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Yes, very risky by hossa. i'm hearing pens offered 7 years 50 mil. I know the wings should probably win it next year but i might have chosen the security.

Looks like the pens have to sign naslund,demitra or jagr now.
    Love to see jj end it where it began.
  • Options
    Yes, very risky by hossa. i'm hearing pens offered 7 years 50 mil. I know the wings should probably win it next year but i might have chosen the security.

The Oilers were offering in the neighbourhood of 9-million for Hossa, long term, as well.
    If you ask me, Naslund will re-sign with Vancouver, unless Sundin is signed there.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    The Oilers were offering in the neighbourhood of 9-million for Hossa, long term, as well.
    If you ask me, Naslund will re-sign with Vancouver, unless Sundin is signed there.

If so then the pens are hurting. we might be the sabres of last year. Maybe if they cant get anybody this year they'll just make a run at hossa next year. This year looks like it's detroits anyways.
  • Options

i suppose u weren't one of the people booing him every time he touched the puck back where he won 2 cups?
  • Options

i suppose u weren't one of the people booing him every time he touched the puck back where he won 2 cups?
  • Options
    Malkin has officially signed a 5 year extension with the Penguins.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:
    Malkin has officially signed a 5 year extension with the Penguins.

damn.

that is the ace i was hoping sather had up his sleeve.
  • Options
    damn.

that is the ace i was hoping sather had up his sleeve.
    That's a joke, right?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Rygar wrote:
    That's a joke, right?

a joke accompanied with slight slight hope.
  • Options
    a joke accompanied with slight slight hope.
    Ah, ok. Jagr will (most likely) sign with NYR, and there's still some talent available.

There was no way they were letting that guy go (Malkin).
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

never have,never will. cant say i like seeing him on the rangers but i know a superstar when i see one. It's a 50/50 split at the mellon on booing jagr.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Fuck.
    theyre gonna have to do better than Huselius for a Plan B..he's an ok 2nd liner tho so still a nice pickup.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    stickboy wrote:
    theyre gonna have to do better than Huselius for a Plan B..he's an ok 2nd liner tho so still a nice pickup.
    Who's left on the market tho? I don't know who they'd be willing to move now, 'cept for Roli and who'd want him? I doubt they want to get rid of any young talent...I was hoping we'd make a decent free agent signing...but I almost hope they sit on the money, forget Huselius, and see what becomes available (and what we need) as the season goes on....
    If Biron doesn't continue to play up to #1 status, we may need a goalie. We know we need toughness...and we need to replace Greene with a tough d-man....if any of the kids have a bad sophomore season, we'll need offense...
    We still have almost the entire team that was near the top of the league in the second half last year (Greene and Torres were hurt, Stoll was playin like shit)....so the improvements made over the last two days should be enough to keep us rolling....maybe a deadline or mid-season deal to push us over the top.
    or maybe we'll just suck again and not be able to get anyone to come play in this shithole :(
  • Options
    Who's left on the market tho? I don't know who they'd be willing to move now, 'cept for Roli and who'd want him? I doubt they want to get rid of any young talent...I was hoping we'd make a decent free agent signing...but I almost hope they sit on the money, forget Huselius, and see what becomes available (and what we need) as the season goes on....
    If Biron doesn't continue to play up to #1 status, we may need a goalie. We know we need toughness...and we need to replace Greene with a tough d-man....if any of the kids have a bad sophomore season, we'll need offense...
    We still have almost the entire team that was near the top of the league in the second half last year (Greene and Torres were hurt, Stoll was playin like shit)....so the improvements made over the last two days should be enough to keep us rolling....maybe a deadline or mid-season deal to push us over the top.
    or maybe we'll just suck again and not be able to get anyone to come play in this shithole :(
    I hear that, and all things considered you guys did make a solid run in the end there,..the west race was insane till the very end!
    So you guys arent too far from being a competitive team
  • Options
    If so then the pens are hurting. we might be the sabres of last year. Maybe if they cant get anybody this year they'll just make a run at hossa next year. This year looks like it's detroits anyways.

You make the Buffalo comparison, but we still have 2 of probably the top 10 (maybe top 5) players in the game.

Next year may be a small step back if Shero can't find some scoring. You could always make Staal a winger, move Talbot up to 3rd line center, and just get some depth.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I don't know if I should blame the market or the Sabres for the lack of them signing a defensemen. Orpik is EXACTLY what this team needs, but they aren't interested in paying the premium for him.

The money getting thrown at players (particularly D-men) right now is insane! There was a lock out for a reason, folks! Didn't you learn anything?!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Stelly wrote:
    I don't know if I should blame the market or the Sabres for the lack of them signing a defensemen. Orpik is EXACTLY what this team needs, but they aren't interested in paying the premium for him.

The money getting thrown at players (particularly D-men) right now is insane! There was a lock out for a reason, folks! Didn't you learn anything?!

Yeah, the money is out of control... it was for d-men last year too. It seems like decent d-men are to hockey what mediocre left hand pitchers used to be to baseball... Teams just way overreach for what they get.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Hossa to Detroit for 1 year...

Ken Holland should just get to hold onto the Cup instead of keeping it at the Hall of Fame.... That organization is SICK!
    BOO YAA!

OK, even the 3rd line on the Wings is going to make other teams sweat. Hossa, Pavel, Hank, Franzen, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary and Samuelsson to choose from . . . holy shitballs! And I have yet to mention any defensemen!

(Note: If Hossa turned down $81M from Edmonton, he should be checked for post-concussion syndrome)
  • Options
    omggg..dallas and detroit are gonna be disGUSTing next yr...thats my pick for the western finals as of now
    lets see what other teams upgrade but clearly these two teams just stacked up big time!
  • Options
    Jarkko Ruutu gone to Ottawa, Atlanta got Hainsey five year/22.5 mil.

If you Flyers' fans are feeling left out, Nolan Baumgartner signed with Vancouber (not a typo).