Options

the official JULY 1ST 2008 NHL FREE AGENT THREAD!!

Comments

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    stickboy wrote:
    haha, you're behind by a lot my friend ;)
    Should have been here yesterday :p
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    haha, you're behind by a lot my friend ;)
    Should have been here yesterday :p
    oh no I shoudnt have..I was just fine at the show :D
    I got all the scoops at the bar afterwards from Bathy and Screamer..but yea it was kinda torturous not being able to get the updates until late :p
  • Options
    Pittsburgh Penguins sign UFA defenceman Brooks Orpik to a six-year, $22.5 million contract.
  • Options
    The Rangers sent Fedor Tyutin and Christian Backman to Columbus in exchange for Nikolai Zherdev and Dan Fritsche
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Pittsburgh Penguins sign UFA defenceman Brooks Orpik to a six-year, $22.5 million contract.

That is actually a steal compared to the other d-man deals that have happend... Good move Shero.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    That is actually a steal compared to the other d-man deals that have happend... Good move Shero.

great deal for the pens

i guess the money wasnt out there for him?
  • Options

absolutely. after toronto lost their minds on the finger deal and redden with ny i thought brooks was a goner, nice to get some good news.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    stickboy wrote:
    omggg..dallas and detroit are gonna be disGUSTing next yr...thats my pick for the western finals as of now
    lets see what other teams upgrade but clearly these two teams just stacked up big time!

Detroit yes, but Dallas doesn't scare me. They're not getting any younger. ANyway, the Hawks beat the Wings 5 times last year, and got much better yesterday. They're young, but very good! Our PP will be much improved with Campbell, and as much as we probably overpaid for Huet, he is a step up from Khabby. This team may rise faster than I thought!
  • Options
    GoBucky wrote:
    Detroit yes, but Dallas doesn't scare me. They're not getting any younger. ANyway, the Hawks beat the Wings 5 times last year, and got much better yesterday. They're young, but very good! Our PP will be much improved with Campbell, and as much as we probably overpaid for Huet, he is a step up from Khabby. This team may rise faster than I thought!

I'm liking chicago but there is no way you can compete with detroit. The penguins were young too and you see how that went.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    I'm liking chicago but there is no way you can compete with detroit. The penguins were young too and you see how that went.

Didn't say we'll compete with Detroit this year. However, after last year all I wanted them to do was sneak in the 8th seed next year. After yesterday, we should do much better than that, barring injuries of course.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Couldn't believe we got Hossa. He seems to have turned down alot of money but if he does what he's capable of doing that money will be there next year. I don't think we'll resign him though as we have to get Zetterberg signed next year. I'm just as excited that Stuart re-signed! APJ fan to boot :)

Now could we get the Bruins some help please!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pearljim wrote:
    Couldn't believe we got Hossa. He seems to have turned down alot of money but if he does what he's capable of doing that money will be there next year. I don't think we'll resign him though as we have to get Zetterberg signed next year. I'm just as excited that Stuart re-signed! APJ fan to boot :)

I was suprised he went to DET as well

Not sure it was a smart move to sign some where for only 1 yr. ?

He blows out a knee or any significant injury good bye big money and long term deal
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    And Huselius went to Columbus.
    Weight to the Islanders.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    pearljim wrote:

Don't forget, we need to get The Mule signed also. But if anyone can pull off getting Hossa, Hank, and Franzen signed to long-term contracts, it is Kenny H.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Don't forget, we need to get The Mule signed also. But if anyone can pull off getting Hossa, Hank, and Franzen signed to long-term contracts, it is Kenny H.
    Don't hold your breath come July 1st, 2009 ;)
  • Options

Chicago knows they can't start two goalies, right? Right now they have $12+ million tied up in goalies, and since everyone knows the whole they put themselves in, I can't see them getting a big return on Khabibulin.

I really like what Tampa Bay has done, but I think they still need some help at goalie...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Chicago knows they can't start two goalies, right? Right now they have $12+ million tied up in goalies, and since everyone knows the whole they put themselves in, I can't see them getting a big return on Khabibulin.

I really like what Tampa Bay has done, but I think they still need some help at goalie...

and now the rumor is they have to trade dan boyle. Ollie the goalie is done, smith is average. and without boyle the d is in trouble. They might score some goals but they are going to give up a bunch too.
  • Options
    Here's some possible potential for the Leaves:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242375&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl
  • Options
    Pens sign Miroslav Satan for one year $3.5 and Ruslan Fedotenko for one year $2.5 per TSN.

Not bad there... We all know Satan can be a dog, but a one year deal should be good motivation for him to have one great season to set him up for free agency next year.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Pens sign Miroslav Satan for one year $3.5 and Ruslan Fedotenko for one year $2.5 per TSN.

Not bad there... We all know Satan can be a dog, but a one year deal should be good motivation for him to have one great season to set him up for free agency next year.
    Not bad signings at all.
    Bit much for Satan but he is capable of living up to it.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Not bad signings at all.
    Bit much for Satan but he is capable of living up to it.
    and they just locked up Fleury for 7 yrs at 35 mil I believe
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    big laroque to the habs
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    :eek:

man, is that agood move??
    he seems to be on the decline... :/

edit-
    WHOA...AND Kalinin???
    ok, this team could either be sick next yr
    or have like NO chemistry whatsoever, lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    big laroque to the habs
    Interesting. Since we lost Ryder we need a press box presence... :p Actually 4.5 mil for 3 years isn't too bad.
    Nice pick up by NYR in Naslund.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

man, is that agood move??
    he seems to be on the decline... :/

edit-
    WHOA...AND Kalinin???
    ok, this team could either be sick next yr
    or have like NO chemistry whatsoever, lol
    You overreact way too much ;)

I am glad Naslund didn't re-sign with the Canucks.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    You overreact way too much ;)

I am glad Naslund didn't re-sign with the Canucks.
    i do?

shit

never noticed

anyways

just for that were sweeping your team nxt yr

;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    i do?

shit

never noticed

anyways

just for that were sweeping your team nxt yr

;)
    Never happen ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Never happen ;)
    fine

then we'll just beat Laraque to a pulp ;)