Options

the official JULY 1ST 2008 NHL FREE AGENT THREAD!!

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Tyutin, dubi, the 20th pick and 51st picks

To the KINGS

For

Mike Cammaleri

And the # 2 pick

BIG RUMOR,,, WE BETTER NOT DO THIS
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Tyutin, dubi, the 20th pick and 51st picks

To the KINGS

For

Mike Cammaleri

And the # 2 pick

BIG RUMOR,,, WE BETTER NOT DO THIS
    Where did this rumor come from?
  • Options
    http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/abc/News/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&showbyline=True&newsitemid=leafs-sundin-habs
    This would be the funniest fucking thing ever to happen to Leafs' fans, short of Doug Gilmour playing for Montreal.
  • Options
    I guess I stand corrected, apologies to Ken.

- Montreal got Tanguay from Calgary and a 2008 fifth round pick in exchange for the 25th overall selection and a 2009 second round pick.
    - Biggest is Olli Jokinen gone to Phoenix for Nick Boynton, Keith Ballard, and a 49th overall pick
    - Mike Cammalleri gone to Calgary for their 17th overall pick, which the Kings sent, along with their 28th overall to Anaheim for Anaheim's 12th overall.
    - And finally the goofy gunter, RJ Umberger, sent to Columbus along with the 119th overall for Columbus' 19th and 67th picks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Gary Roberts reportedly heading to free agency.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241516&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Gary Roberts reportedly heading to free agency.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2415... opStory_main

Damn what happened to "everyone wants to stay and play in Pittsburgh for less money"???? :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Damn what happened to "everyone wants to stay and play in Pittsburgh for less money"???? :D
    They said less money, but didn't mean LESS money ;)

Wait'll you see how much the Rangers give Sundin!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    They said less money, but didn't mean LESS money ;)

Wait'll you see how much the Rangers give Sundin!

The Rangers are reverting to their old scheme of overpaying veteran (older) players??? Yes!! as a Flyers fan I couldn't be happier :D

With that said, it sucked losing Umberger this weekend but it had to be done. I don't think the deal was bad and there was no way we were going to sign him, Carter, Jones, and still have cap space to try for a FA D-man. I liked the draft, the picks look to have some nice upside and Eminger might be a nice fit in a new town.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    The Rangers are reverting to their old scheme of overpaying veteran (older) players??? Yes!! as a Flyers fan I couldn't be happier :D

With that said, it sucked losing Umberger this weekend but it had to be done. I don't think the deal was bad and there was no way we were going to sign him, Carter, Jones, and still have cap space to try for a FA D-man. I liked the draft, the picks look to have some nice upside and Eminger might be a nice fit in a new town.
    That's speculation, of course, but I expect the Rags and Wings to leave Montreal in the dust in the bidding war for Sundin come July 1st.

I dislike Umberger a lot, so it's easy to tell you that he was overachieving and you don't need him ;)
  • Options
    if they do get sundin it will be for 4 or 5 mill with bonuses added

( i dont agree with this ) but im not in charge
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    if they do get sundin it will be for 4 or 5 mill with bonuses added

( i dont agree with this ) but im not in charge
    If they (or anyone else) get Sundin it's going to be in the area of 7.

Wait, you don't agree with 4 million for Mats Sundin, but 4.5 for Sean Avery is good value??
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I dislike Umberger a lot, so it's easy to tell you that he was overachieving and you don't need him ;)

I'd agree that he overachieved in the playoffs but he was also a solid player who could play all 4 lines and either wing and center. So he was versatile but not worth the type of money I bet he'll end up getting.

Do the Rangers need to bring a big name player in every year in order to sell tickets??? :) $4-5 mil is steep for a player who probably has a couple of years left at the most, but with the talent in NY, he could be a nice addition.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I'd agree that he overachieved in the playoffs but he was also a solid player who could play all 4 lines and either wing and center. So he was versatile but not worth the type of money I bet he'll end up getting.

Do the Rangers need to bring a big name player in every year in order to sell tickets??? :) $4-5 mil is steep for a player who probably has a couple of years left at the most, but with the talent in NY, he could be a nice addition.
    Gary Roberts is 42 and looking to play next year.
    Chelios?

Mats Sundin might be 37 but he still plays at a high level. Expect a ~7 million deal.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    If they (or anyone else) get Sundin it's going to be in the area of 7.

Wait, you don't agree with 4 million for Mats Sundin, but 4.5 for Sean Avery is good value??

yea but 4-5 towards the cap and the rest in performance bonuses like jagr

avery is gone so im done talking about him
  • Options
    my problem with sundin is he takes drury's center spot thus moving him back to the wing

but the man can still play
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea but 4-5 towards the cap and the rest in performance bonuses like jagr

avery is gone so im done talking about him
    I didn't know they could get around the cap like that.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

sure ,,any team can

give a player x amount and whatever else he gets when he reaches certain numbers or games played

thus the cap doesnt get hit as hard

so if we can give sundin 4 million on the cap..its a steal
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

you can only do it with veteran players (over a certain number of years in the league) and you can only pay them in bonus a certain percentage over the cap. If you go over that percentage, the difference is taken directly from the cap the following season.

Admin

• Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    sure ,,any team can

give a player x amount and whatever else he gets when he reaches certain numbers or games played

thus the cap doesnt get hit as hard

so if we can give sundin 4 million on the cap..its a steal
    You want a good laugh go to the Leafs' board and read what they think they'll get in return for Sundin's....rights....
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    you can only do it with veteran players (over a certain number of years in the league) and you can only pay them in bonus a certain percentage over the cap. If you go over that percentage, the difference is taken directly from the cap the following season.
    Ah, gotcha. Quirky.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Ah, gotcha. Quirky.

yeah a bit... and its not if you go over the percentage (7.5%), its if by paying out those bonuses you go over the cap, then it is taken from next year's cap.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    yeah a bit... and its not if you go over the percentage (7.5%), its if by paying out those bonuses you go over the cap, then it is taken from next year's cap.
    So you'd basically have to sign someone with the hope that they don't achieve their bonus conditions..
  • Options
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241542&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl
    Kyle Wellwood and Andrew Raycroft on waivers.
    I thought Wellwood was one of their young 'stars'? Too many injuries for grampa Fletcher I guess.
  • Options
    The Leafs have placed Wellwood and Raycroft on Waivers...Raycroft, OK...but WELLWOOD? How curious is this move...Wellwood, in my opinion is a future top 6 guy and you are telling me that they couldn't trade him for ANYTHING??? There is obviously more to this story that we don't know than we do..One thing I do know...The Canucks have interest in Wellwood, and that is where I predict he will end up. Really baffled by this move.

Sundin.

A source tells me that there will be serious pressure on Mats Sundin to drag this process out as long as possible. The NHLPA view Mats as the benchmark guy and to that end wants him to sign as late as possible in the process. maybe even after July 1. If that is the case, the Leafs fans wont be too happy. All thoughts of Higgins for Sundins rights I am told are moot. One source of mine is convinced that Sundin won't be a Hab at all , but instead skate for the NY Rangers.

Gaborik
    to Buffalo (e3) Hold your hats Sabres fans. According to three sources the Wild are shopping Gaborik and the Sabres are offring up the best package out there.

Hossa
    The Canucks are very much in this one as well, but a new team that is making lots of waives here...The Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers are a hell of a fast team and some players have told me that they may be the quickest team in hockey... Hossa would be a great fit and may enjoy the offense that the Oilers like to play

Emery to Tampa (e3)
    I continue to be told that now that Melrose is the guy in Tampa look out for alot of changes and the first may be a new start for Emery. I would love this move if Tampa could pull it off.

Marleau to Carolina (e3), Boston (e3), Nashville (e2) or NJ (e2),
    Patrick Marleau will continue to get interest right up until July 1, but don't expect a deal to actually go down until June 30th for Patrick.

The Flyers may not be done dealing a rumours have surfaced that they made a pitch for Brent Seabrooke at the draft. I am hearing that Carter's deal could be announced as early as Wednesday, and I don't get the impression that ANYONE is worried about it NOT getting done...

The Thrashers are said to have interest in Darcy Tucker and Pavel Kubina...could a deal be coming?

There is a rumour out there still that the Flames and Blues are interested in Spezza. If Calgary, Langkow would be included in a deal to Ottawa...If St. Louis, it would have to be Johnson.

Sean Avery has two likely destinations. Neither are Manhattan....The NY Islanders and Canadiens are believed to the best bets.

Gary Roberts would love to return to Toronto or Ottawa I am told, and both teams would absolutely oblige.

There are more and more people that are saying that Brian Campbell may be down to just a few teams. Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Atlanta, NY, Philadelphia, and Washington.

Speaking of Washington.....There are some serious offer sheet rumours out there right now for Green. The Caps have come out and said they will match any offer sheets...however, I am told it could depend on who makes the offer...One team that could be intriguing that I am hearing could make an offer sheet for Mike Green is the NY Islanders..Now for the price the Isles would pay..those 5 #1 picks could be enticing..

The Panthers aren't done yet, and once again rumours of the Leafs being interested in Jay Boumeester are surfacing...
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    The Leafs have placed Wellwood and Raycroft on Waivers...Raycroft, OK...but WELLWOOD? How curious is this move...Wellwood, in my opinion is a future top 6 guy and you are telling me that they couldn't trade him for ANYTHING??? There is obviously more to this story that we don't know than we do..One thing I do know...The Canucks have interest in Wellwood, and that is where I predict he will end up. Really baffled by this move.

Sundin.

A source tells me that there will be serious pressure on Mats Sundin to drag this process out as long as possible. The NHLPA view Mats as the benchmark guy and to that end wants him to sign as late as possible in the process. maybe even after July 1. If that is the case, the Leafs fans wont be too happy. All thoughts of Higgins for Sundins rights I am told are moot. One source of mine is convinced that Sundin won't be a Hab at all , but instead skate for the NY Rangers.

Gaborik
    to Buffalo (e3) Hold your hats Sabres fans. According to three sources the Wild are shopping Gaborik and the Sabres are offring up the best package out there.

Hossa
    The Canucks are very much in this one as well, but a new team that is making lots of waives here...The Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers are a hell of a fast team and some players have told me that they may be the quickest team in hockey... Hossa would be a great fit and may enjoy the offense that the Oilers like to play

Emery to Tampa (e3)
    I continue to be told that now that Melrose is the guy in Tampa look out for alot of changes and the first may be a new start for Emery. I would love this move if Tampa could pull it off.

Marleau to Carolina (e3), Boston (e3), Nashville (e2) or NJ (e2),
    Patrick Marleau will continue to get interest right up until July 1, but don't expect a deal to actually go down until June 30th for Patrick.

The Flyers may not be done dealing a rumours have surfaced that they made a pitch for Brent Seabrooke at the draft. I am hearing that Carter's deal could be announced as early as Wednesday, and I don't get the impression that ANYONE is worried about it NOT getting done...

The Thrashers are said to have interest in Darcy Tucker and Pavel Kubina...could a deal be coming?

There is a rumour out there still that the Flames and Blues are interested in Spezza. If Calgary, Langkow would be included in a deal to Ottawa...If St. Louis, it would have to be Johnson.

Sean Avery has two likely destinations. Neither are Manhattan....The NY Islanders and Canadiens are believed to the best bets.

Gary Roberts would love to return to Toronto or Ottawa I am told, and both teams would absolutely oblige.

There are more and more people that are saying that Brian Campbell may be down to just a few teams. Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Atlanta, NY, Philadelphia, and Washington.

Speaking of Washington.....There are some serious offer sheet rumours out there right now for Green. The Caps have come out and said they will match any offer sheets...however, I am told it could depend on who makes the offer...One team that could be intriguing that I am hearing could make an offer sheet for Mike Green is the NY Islanders..Now for the price the Isles would pay..those 5 #1 picks could be enticing..

The Panthers aren't done yet, and once again rumours of the Leafs being interested in Jay Boumeester are surfacing...

I can't remember the last time eklund was right on a trade or signing rumor...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I can't remember the last time eklund was right on a trade or signing rumor...
    That's from Eklund?? Well looks like I was right on two counts: it's crap AND made up ;)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:
    That's from Eklund?? Well looks like I was right on two counts: it's crap AND made up ;)

Yup

He makes crap up all the time just to start rumours

I did like him though when he played for the Flyers

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Yup

He makes crap up all the time just to start rumours

I did like him though when he played for the Flyers

;)
    He had a few accurate biggies to start himself off and has been just saying whatever ever since.
  • Options
    Darcy "The Fucker" Tucker's career is over (at least with the Maple Loofs).
    Buy out for him! What is the limit on players a team can buy out? Cause that's 3....