Options

To the people who believe 911 was an inside job...

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    lgt wrote:
    Caesar killed by a plot organised by his own nephew is not a conspiracy theory. It's a well-known historical fact.

Conspiracy and political intrigue do happen in history.

Conspiracy theories such as the international Jewish conspiracy running the world (a long-standing conspiracy theory) has still to be proven to be true - although the Nazi party did their "best" to provide evidence for this claim.

The issue is to prove what you claim, on both sides of the argument.
    No that's YOUR issue... it's never been my issue. I came in here with opinions, never stating them as fact, and then demands were placed on my to PROVE my opinions on these theories... which goes against the definition of BOTH words. If I could prove these theories, they'd no longer be theories and I'd either be dead or one of the richest women in the world :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Don't flip dude, it's not worth it..This should be your last attempt to argue with her..I learned the hard way a long time ago, right Hel ;)..

m.
    the HARD way? :D you must be joking! :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    and we'd all live happily ever after :) what's wrong with that?

Sure but also one would live in ignorance.

I'd prefer a world where human knowledge advances and progresses, respecting all different opinions, but accepting as valid ideas that can be proven and substantiated.

Of course, that doesn't mean that proven ideas and theories can be supplemented by others or that one can claim complete knowledge. But that's progress :)
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    nobody wrote:

I can't disprove that there is a superclass...just as I can't prove there is no god or aliens...BUT I can disprove central claims or raise reasonable doubt about all kinds of wold conspiracy theories...as I can about specific religions...

You say this but you haven't actually proved anything at all so far. You have only said this is fact but have provided no prove. So that kind of makes your claims as baseless as you like to think ours are.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    sooo ... the premise that 9/11 was not an inside job falls on the reasoning that americans could not in good conscience kill their own people?
  • Options
    nobodynobody Posts: 353
    No that's YOUR issue... it's never been my issue. I came in here with opinions, never stating them as fact, and then demands were placed on my to PROVE my opinions on these theories... which goes against the definition of BOTH words. If I could prove these theories, they'd no longer be theories and I'd either be dead or one of the richest women in the world :)

show me one post where I asked you to proof who flew those planes?
    the reason I got upset with you is that you factually misrepresent my arguments (for everyone to see) and that you lie about me...

but thanks for part-taking...in the beginning your posts actually replected the purpose of this thread...

m
    Godwin's Law:
    "As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
  • Options
    Nobody... we're not going to agree... I respect your opinions and your views but I don't agree... it's no big deal... the sky hasn't fallen in. Go study for your exams and go pass them, ok? :) I hear eating tuna is good brain food :) but then of course if you eat too much, you'll die of mercury poisoning :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    Sure but also one would live in ignorance.

I'd prefer a world where human knowledge advances and progresses, respecting all different opinions, but accepting as valid ideas that can be proven and substantiated.

Of course, that doesn't mean that proven ideas and theories can be supplemented by others or that one can claim complete knowledge. But that's progress :)
    since when is complete knowledge the key to eternal happiness? And how does it make one better than those who live in ignorance? :) ignorance is bliss... or didn't ya hear? :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    sooo ... the premise that 9/11 was not an inside job falls on the reasoning that americans could not in good conscience kill their own people?

This certainly seems to be the argument so far that everyone has put forward.

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    the HARD way? :D you must be joking! :p

You're getting close, don't make me spank you again ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    spiral out wrote:

ok ... good to know ... :)
  • Options

Opinion and theories are two different things.

As I've said before, each has the burden of proof if they want their ideas to be accepted as valid and most reliable representation of reality, i.e. facts.

If you could prove theories, they'd actually be theories because they'd be supported by data and evidence, that could be cross-checked and referenced by others to support or deny its validity.
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    show me one post where I asked you to proof who flew those planes?
    the reason I got upset with you is that you factually misrepresent my arguments (for everyone to see) and that you lie about me...

but thanks for part-taking...in the beginning your posts actually replected the purpose of this thread...

m
    You asked me to prove my THEORIES... which is what I said in the post you quoted. I'm sorry if I've misrepresented you and that was not my intention. Yeh, it did start off as a good discussion... perhaps some other time... but seriously you... GO STUDY! :cool: :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:

It is? lol....gotta love this place..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    nobody wrote:
    yeah...by using a passenger plane to start the fire...

I am out of here...

this is beyond common sense(and I'm not talking about my initial questions), but this complete lack of sense for even the most common basic rules of reasoning...

m.
    Hey man, this thread is way too many pages long now so my surfing through it cannot find them, so I ask politely, where are the links that prove through engeneering facts that skyscrapers that are on fire should free fall after a couple hours, and will also cause buildings around them to free fall shortly thereafter?
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:
    You say this but you haven't actually proved anything at all so far. You have only said this is fact but have provided no prove.

cause I'm not here to prove anything...
    in science (natural as well as political and social) knowledge is not gained by proving things...but by disproving them...

but circular world views, like religions, ideologies or world conspiracy theories can't be disproven as a whole...but certain factual claims they make can well be disproven...for example that millions of animals fit on one boat...

and if central facts of those worldviews are FALSE...then it is highly unlikely that they are actually correct...even if it is still possible...

that is reasoning...plain and simple

m.
    Godwin's Law:
    "As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    You're getting close, don't make me spank you again ;)..
    :eek: :D hmm... anyway... yeh, 9/11 what about that eh? :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    Opinion and theories are two different things.

As I've said before, each has the burden of proof if they want their ideas to be accepted as valid and most reliable representation of reality, i.e. facts.

If you could prove theories, they'd actually be theories because they'd be supported by data and evidence, that could be cross-checked and referenced by others to support or deny its validity.
    Once you prove opinions and theories (in the 'idea' definition) it becomes fact. Let's not go on a definition roundabout here cos that gets dull pretty quickly :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    and this by the way...for everyone to see...is a VALID historical example...

m.

In that case is the Riechstag not a valid example then?

• Options
    Hey man, this thread is way too many pages long now so my surfing through it cannot find them, so I ask politely, where are the links that prove through engeneering facts that skyscrapers that are on fire should free fall after a couple hours, and will also cause buildings around them to free fall shortly thereafter?

you can't find them, cause this wasn't the question of this threat...
    this is not a scientific website...but you might check it out anyway...for some counter-arguments...
    beware though: it's not there to prove anything, but to cast doubt on convetional conspiracy theories about it...because the burden of proof lies with them...
    http://conspiracyscience.com/

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    since when is complete knowledge the key to eternal happiness? And how does it make one better than those who live in ignorance? :) ignorance is bliss... or didn't ya hear? :)

oooohhh, but... knowledge is power! and there goes my plan for world domination! :D;)
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:
    :eek: I can't believe you did it :o you mentioned the war :o

:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :eek: :D hmm... anyway... yeh, 9/11 what about that eh? :o:D

I'm in complete agreement with Fox news and the New York Post regarding the subject matter..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    oooohhh, but... knowledge is power! and there goes my plan for world domination! :D;)
    Yeh but... I know where you live :cool: well actually I don't... but it sounds good :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm in complete agreement with Fox news and the New York Post regarding the subject matter..
    well I get all my info from http://www.liberalnutjob.com and http://www.tinfoilhat.com :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Once you prove opinions and theories (in the 'idea' definition) it becomes fact. Let's not go on a definition roundabout here cos that gets dull pretty quickly :)

indeed :)

and I've already tried to argue the nature of knowledge and epistemology on another thread... and really I should be working with a deadline tomorrow!!!!

I must go on a self-imposed ban of the pit, and especially the Moving Train, on super stressful work days! :D
  • Options
    :eek: I can't believe you did it :o you mentioned the war :o

:D

Opps ;)

• Options

Now you are just blantently mocking me, my opinions, and my beliefs..waaa..

m.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    spiral out wrote:

in the Reichstag fire a dutch "Communist" supposedly lay a fire in the reichstg so it burned down...without anyone getting killed...
    it is likely though...that the NAZIS only blamed it on him...and set the fire themselves...in that case: the person who said the fire WAS GOING FREE...

again: nobody was killed, except for the communist who took the blame...
    it is likely he didn't do it...if so an inncoent man died...

what didn't happen is that the Nazis told the communist to set the fire and then he let himself be killed for the "cause"

so no...it is not a valid analogy for this:
    the government flies some planes into a building and causes thousands of their own cititezens to die...while the people who flew the plane willingly killed themselves for the government(that's what nevermind allleged) and thousands of their fellow citizens....

in the first example there is no connection between the attacker and the attacked...and if there is a connection the attacker didn't kill himself nor anyone else...
    it's not the same to light something on fire and kill yourself and others while setting a fire...

the other one is valid because it is an historical example of people making claims without providing facts...that it was done by Nazis has nothing o do with it really...they used the same antisemitism that was going around in other place all over the world...for example in america with this McFadden guy that Zeitgeist claims to be a hero...

m.

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options

Oh and the sad thing is that some will attempt to cite your links as valid and credible sources ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'