Options

To the people who believe 911 was an inside job...

Comments

• Options
    nobodynobody Posts: 353
    :) it happens

http://conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com/2007/01/list-of-proven-conspiracies-from.html

and I'M the close minded one? I'm not stating my opinion as fact... I've accepted many conspiracy theories are most likely just a pile of bollox... my whole argument is that the whole thing is questionable and that there are not enough facts on either side.

and they were about controlling the world?
    cause that's what I asked for...

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!

please do yourself a favor
    and read this website
    http://conspiracyscience.com/
    for the lack of any history, economy or social science literature on the internets...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
    "As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    nobody wrote:
    that's your opinion about me...
    I have repeatedly stated otherwise...YOU SPIN...

I don't believe everything the goverment says is a lie doesn't mean I believe everything it says is wrong...the same goes for the second point that you so wisely make about me...
    and no...I'm not the one...that's the one you want to see in me...so can easyiy discount me on being on "their side"...

claiming such LIES as you just did...is exactly why I get so pissed in here...

and this...really sucks...

m.
    BUT... they were your arguments in the Lisbon Treaty thread... that governments work in peoples best interests and, if they don't, simply vote them out. I'm not making this stuff up. You wanted answers... and now you're getting annoyed at the answers being given. I love discussing conspiracy theories and would happily talk about them all day... but there really is no reason to get annoyed just cos we have different opinions on stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Theory definition

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:theory&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of ...
    hypothesis: a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was ...
    a belief that can guide behavior; "the architect has a theory that more is less"; "they killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"

Well substantiated comes closest to suggesting it 'must be proven'. It depends which definition you follow. I think of theory as meaning more of an idea... as in 'I've a theory', doesn't mean I immediately have proof. it means I have an idea.

I was trying to be ironic - and failed! ;)

Yes, in common parlance, theory can be used interchangeably with idea but scientifically and academically a theory to be valid must be proven and substantiated.

Therefore, I was alludingto the fact that the use of theory next to conspiracy is a bit ironic as it seems that proponents of conspiracy theorists always wiggle out of providing substantiated evidence, put forward opinions as facts when they're not or ask to prove a negative, which is impossible.

All opinions are to be respected BUT not all opinions are facts or substantiated claims though, therefore cannot be accepted as valid when they cannot stand the test of reason or logic or scientific proof.

And I believe nobody's experiment was to get some sort of proof to see why conspiracy theorists claim what they claim, using logical and scientific reasoning as you would for any other theory.
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    and they were about controlling the world?
    cause that's what I asked for...

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!

please do yourself a favor
    and read this website
    http://conspiracyscience.com/
    for the lack of any history, economy or social science literature on the internets...

m.
    Of COURSE none of those conspiracies have been proven beyond a doubt for the public yet... cos then they'd be fact and everyone would know about the global elite running the world.

how about how it was proven recently that the British government KNEW about the Dublin/Monaghan bombings in the 70's and turned a blind eye... officially! That was I suppose a conspiracy theory until then.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Not really. Yes, I do certainly believe in a superclass... I wouldn't even know where to BEGIN to start telling you why I believe it. Take this one example: do you believe Bush's biggest interests lie with 'his people' or with the oil companies, from whom he receives billions? Honestly???? Where would YOUR loyalty lie?

So no, it's not unsubstantial... far from it.

And that's why until it is unsubstantial, it is just an opinion, a belief, an idea -but not a fact, and therefore cannot be accepted as valid by others without you providing evidence to support your claims. Respected yes, accepted no until you convince others with that your ideas and opinions have substantiated evidence that back them up.
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    I was trying to be ironic - and failed! ;)

Yes, in common parlance, theory can be used interchangeably with idea but scientifically and academically a theory to be valid must be proven and substantiated.

Therefore, I was alludingto the fact that the use of theory next to conspiracy is a bit ironic as it seems that proponents of conspiracy theorists always wiggle out of providing substantiated evidence, put forward opinions as facts when they're not or ask to prove a negative, which is impossible.

All opinions are to be respected BUT not all opinions are facts or substantiated claims though, therefore cannot be accepted as valid when they cannot stand the test of reason or logic or scientific proof.

And I believe nobody's experiment was to get some sort of proof to see why conspiracy theorists claim what they claim, using logical and scientific reasoning as you would for any other theory.

I'd gladly give you proof... but I'm not a scientist... so if you're looking for scientific proof of anything... you're asking the wrong person. I COULD however probably find 100,000s of links to 'prove' my point as could you I'm sure... and we could throw around links all day. However I thought this was a discussion. The original post asked questions, I answered with my opinion... and now he's getting annoyed that I'm not giving him 'proof'. Any 'proof' I give will simply be a link to another site.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    BUT... they were your arguments in the Lisbon Treaty thread... that governments work in peoples best interests and, if they don't, simply vote them out. I'm not making this stuff up. You wanted answers... and now you're getting annoyed at the answers being given. I love discussing conspiracy theories and would happily talk about them all day... but there really is no reason to get annoyed just cos we have different opinions on stuff.

SPIN SPIN SPIN

what have my arguments about the Lisbon treaty to do with 911???
    even if I think everything the government says about lisbon is true, doesn't make me think ALL governments ALL papers at ALL times ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH...

and if you don't see your failure in twisting and turning everything I say here...never actually responding to the important things...don't even voice in inclination in checking additional material out...

I can't help you...the Internet seems to fail miserably here in what many people applaud it for...an exchange of (well-funded) thought...not some UTTER DISINFORMATION

m.
    Godwin's Law:
    "As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    And that's why until it is unsubstantial, it is just an opinion, a belief, an idea -but not a fact, and therefore cannot be accepted as valid by others without you providing evidence to support your claims. Respected yes, accepted no until you convince others with that your ideas and opinions have substantiated evidence that back them up.
    But YOUR 'fact' is simply words written by other people about a series of events that were told to them by the people that MANY suspect to have had a hand in it. Where else are we supposed to get our truth from?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    No probs... I'm answering your questions as well as I can and I think others do too, but if I start to feel I'm being mocked well... that's simply rude don't ya think. Conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories cos, if the evidence 100% proved them to be true they'd become fact... no? Plenty of conspiracy theories which were laughed at have since been proven to be true. There are plenty of examples of 'official versions' of stories later being exposed as lies. So please don't mock... if you want answers, just respect that people are trying to give them :) we're looking at things from different ways, that's obvious. I have not come out and said 'you're wrong'. I don't believe you're right... but I also don't believe that EITHER of us have the evidence to stand up and say 'my opinion is 100% right and you're wrong' so... bottom line... respect :)

I don't think nobody is mocking - s/he seems just getting frustrated with the lack of serious answers, especially after the comparison with the fire in the Reichstag.

Which conspiracy theories are you referring to that have been proven to be true?
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    SPIN SPIN SPIN

what have my arguments about the Lisbon treaty to do with 911???
    even if I think everything the government says about lisbon is true, doesn't make me think ALL governments ALL papers at ALL times ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH...

and if you don't see your failure in twisting and turning everything I say here...never actually responding to the important things...don't even voice in inclination in checking additional material out...

I can't help you...the Internet seems to fail miserably here in what many people applaud it for...an exchange of (well-funded) thought...not some UTTER DISINFORMATION

m.
    well, there's not much I can say in reply to that :rolleyes: since it's just you voicing your opinion of me rather than discussing the topic at hand. If that's your opinion, fine :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

do you even see what you are claiming??
    you don't even know what you said last...

first you say I believe governments always work in the best interests of people...

and now you say: I believe governments always work in the best interests of people and OTHERWISE PEOPLE VOTE THEM OUT...so you state yourself now...I believe both...that gov sometimes work in the interest and sometimes in doesnt

so how does this even make sense???????????????????

is that my opinion too??? or is that what you said??? and do you see it makes NO SENSE???

how are is any discussion even possible with such arguments?
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    I don't think nobody is mocking - s/he seems just getting frustrated with the lack of serious answers, especially after the comparison with the fire in the Reichstag.

Which conspiracy theories are you referring to that have been proven to be true?
    There are many... I gave a link after.

I know nothing about the fire in the Reichstag... s/he admitted to mocking though. Believe it or not, I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly read some serious answers and all the answers I've given were serious. I don't know what kinda answers s/he was expecting but you can't get annoyed if you ask a question and don't get the answers you want... I don't understand.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    But YOUR 'fact' is simply words written by other people about a series of events that were told to them by the people that MANY suspect to have had a hand in it. Where else are we supposed to get our truth from?

You get the truth - as far as you can get it or a close approximation of events, physical, political, etc - from many different sources, observations, cross-referencing of sources, reasoning and then you come to your own conclusion of what happened.

Facts are not just merely words - they are words backed-up logically, empirically, historically, etc. Otherwise they are opinions, as I've said before. Two different things.
  • Options
    I'd gladly give you proof... but I'm not a scientist... so if you're looking for scientific proof of anything... you're asking the wrong person. I COULD however probably find 100,000s of links to 'prove' my point as could you I'm sure... and we could throw around links all day. However I thought this was a discussion. The original post asked questions, I answered with my opinion... and now he's getting annoyed that I'm not giving him 'proof'. Any 'proof' I give will simply be a link to another site.

you certainly annoy me...

I asked a question...and you answered it...and I thanked you...I didn't want proof...

OTHER people made HORRIFICLY FALSE CLAIMS AND I REFUTED THEM...

and what you display now is a huge lack of understanding what ideas, theories, facts and opinions actually are...and what you have to do to even make them VALID...having VALID points is the first requierment for even engaging in an argument or a discussion...
    other wise I can make a post Darth Vader is behind 911...and there certainly is NOT MORE PROOF BUSH DID IT THAN DARTH VADER...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    There are many... I gave a link after.

I know nothing about the fire in the Reichstag... s/he admitted to mocking though. Believe it or not, I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly read some serious answers and all the answers I've given were serious. I don't know what kinda answers s/he was expecting but you can't get annoyed if you ask a question and don't get the answers you want... I don't understand.

Should have clarified....

Answers leading to a reasoned debate: one claims something, the other asks to verify it with a serious of questions, which is where the evidence and proof should come.. but never comes. I think this is the reason for frustration, not just the historically inaccurate comparison - and not so much on the type of anwers, their content.
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    You get the truth - as far as you can get it or a close approximation of events, physical, political, etc - from many different sources, observations, cross-referencing of sources, reasoning and then you come to your own conclusion of what happened.

Facts are not just merely words - they are words backed-up logically, empirically, historically, etc. Otherwise they are opinions, as I've said before. Two different things.
    many conspiracy theories can be backed up logically, empirically, historically, etc. logic and history does not necessarily make something fact. i've tried using logic and history to back up my opinions in this thread as have others... and it's simply resulted in nobody's head apparently exploding :D conspiracy theories are complex... it's not just something you can put into words and they get it. If you really, genuinely don't get it, you probably never will.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

there are pictures...
    there are videos...there are hundreds of eye-witnesses...
    there ARE ORIGINAL sources you can check out...not only things written down by other people who were told to write stuff down...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    well, there's not much I can say in reply to that :rolleyes: since it's just you voicing your opinion of me rather than discussing the topic at hand. If that's your opinion, fine :)

you are not serious...

THIS IS A FACT THAT YOU MISREPRESENTED MY OPINIONS so that they fit your logic...

don't you see that what you say about me is wrong?????
    is it not a FACT????

if you seriously think that...well...I dunno...get a doctor...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Who knows, maybe demolition teams have had it wrong all these years. Instead of carefully planting explosives in strategic places within buildings to take them down in a controlled fashion, maybe they just needed to start a fire at the top.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    To make this thread credible, we need more links provided by Roland and Driftin--btw, where is this guy and all his 'credible' sources ;)?

m.
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Who knows, maybe demolition teams have had it wrong all these years. Instead of carefully planting explosives in strategic places within buildings to take them down in a controlled fashion, maybe they just needed to start a fire at the top.

yeah...by using a passenger plane to start the fire...

I am out of here...

this is beyond common sense(and I'm not talking about my initial questions), but this complete lack of sense for even the most common basic rules of reasoning...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    Definition of opinion:

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:opinion&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

The two are certainly unrelated... and that's NOT my opinion... that's fact :p

One of the key features of reasoned debate and arguing: two different and opposing viewpoints that must be respectively backed-up with evidence. When one viewpoint is proven wrong, that idea is consequently disproven as false, therefore cannot be upheld logically and reasonably any longer. This is how human knowledge progresses.

One can still believe that the earth does not move - it's a perfectly reasonale opinion that one can have, right? all opinions are valid. BUT it is no longer backed up by facts and evidence, therefore it is false and cannot be accepted as valid and true representation of reality.

A debate must show some progress, otherwise one can claim everything and the contrary of everything, and all would be perfectly valid.
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    you are not serious...

THIS IS A FACT THAT YOU MISREPRESENTED MY OPINIONS so that they fit your logic...

don't you see that what you say about me is wrong?????
    is it not a FACT????

if you seriously think that...well...I dunno...get a doctor...

m.

Don't flip dude, it's not worth it..This should be your last attempt to argue with her..I learned the hard way a long time ago, right Hel ;)..

m.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    One of the key features of reasoned debate and arguing: two different and opposing viewpoints that must be respectively backed-up with evidence. When one viewpoint is proven wrong, that idea is consequently disproven as false, therefore cannot be upheld logically and reasonably any longer. This is how human knowledge progresses.

One can still believe that the earth does not move - it's a perfectly reasonale opinion that one can have, right? all opinions are valid. BUT it is no longer backed up by facts and evidence, therefore it is false and cannot be accepted as valid and true representation of reality.

A debate must show some progress, otherwise one can claim everything and the contrary of everything, and all would be perfectly valid.

once again...I thank you too:)

I didn't want to get carried away...
    but the complete lack of will to even slightly understand where I'm coming from, ongoing evasion, accusations, factually false claims, and utter lack of knowledge of historical, social, and economic processes...was just TOO much...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    :) it happens

http://conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com/2007/01/list-of-proven-conspiracies-from.html

and I'M the close minded one? I'm not stating my opinion as fact... I've accepted many conspiracy theories are most likely just a pile of bollox... my whole argument is that the whole thing is questionable and that there are not enough facts on either side.

Caesar killed by a plot organised by his own nephew is not a conspiracy theory. It's a well-known historical fact.

Conspiracy and political intrigue do happen in history.

Conspiracy theories such as the international Jewish conspiracy running the world (a long-standing conspiracy theory) has still to be proven to be true - although the Nazi party did their "best" to provide evidence for this claim.

The issue is to prove what you claim, on both sides of the argument.
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Don't flip dude, it's not worth it..This should be your last attempt to argue with her..I learned the hard way a long time ago, right Hel ;)..

m.

I don't call it argueing...I call it a waste of time...
    and it will make me fail my final exams...stupid me...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    Caesar killed by a plot organised by his own nephew is not a conspiracy theory. It's a well-known historical fact.

Conspiracy and political intrigue do happen in history.

Conspiracy theories such as the international Jewish conspiracy running the world (a long-standing conspiracy theory) has still to be proven to be true - although the Nazi party did their "best" to provide evidence for this claim.

The issue is to prove what you claim, on both sides of the argument.

and this by the way...for everyone to see...is a VALID historical example...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
  • Options
    lgt wrote:

and we'd all live happily ever after :) what's wrong with that?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    I don't call it argueing...I call it a waste of time...
    and it will make me fail my final exams...stupid me...

m.

But now at least you realize and can once again focus on something meaningful. Good luck on the exams..

m.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    nobody wrote:
    this isn't what people claim here...and I never attacked anyone that makes such a statement...
    this is really spin at its best...I can't believe you don't actually work for a government...

people here made SPECIFIC OUTRAGOUS CLAIMS that I energetically denied...

Ahmadineshad claims the Holocaust never happened...am I supposed to respect his opinion??? or am I allowed to call him and absolute idiot???
    people who even remotely compare Bush(or even Obama) to Hitler ARE INSANE!!!! they don't voice an opinion...they voice UTTER NONSENSE...and if some isn't allowed to speak out against them...or yes...even mock them...what the hell is going wrong???

I urge you again to watch the movie I repeatedly mentioned and THEN
    read the website I repeatedly linked...it is ONE good example of how deception works and how many people still believe it for fact...cause...THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE...

and that is really all I have to say here...

opinions, arguments, facts? yeah, only what is the connection between those???
    this isn't even funny anymore...

have a nice day...

m.

actually... to play Devil's Advocate and lighten the mood of this thread somewhat :)

You can still respect Ahmadinejab opinion that the Holocaust did not happen but not accept it. We are all human beings. The problem occur when this common understanding gets offuscated in ideology and propaganda.

Remember Voltaire? ;)