Options

What do a billion muslims actually think about Bin Laden?

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    gue_barium wrote:
    I don't think the daddy thing played much into it. It was and still is the people who surround and encourage him with their corporate expansionist dreams.

I'll never understand this line of thinking. this war had nothing to do with "corporate expansionist dreams". that is a catchy lil phrase. did you come up with that yourself??
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I'll never understand this line of thinking. this war had nothing to do with "corporate expansionist dreams". that is a catchy lil phrase. did you come up with that yourself??

It aligns itself with the neocon dream. Certainly you've heard of those folks.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683

They're coming into the west in much larger numbers than we're coming into their countries. We send troops, but they send potential voters. Which is more dangerous to an institution? A soldier can kill a martyr, but hundreds will take the martyr's place. A foreigner can gain citizenship and vote, and he can effectively cripple our democracy.

Civilizations destroy themselves from within first, as any good historian knows. We are destroying ourselves by allowing vast numbers of foreign people into our country who have no intention of supporting our democracy or respecting its institutions. Their culture is foreign and immoral.
    thank you
  • Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    It aligns itself with the neocon dream. Certainly you've heard of those folks.

yea yea yea the PNAC. they used remote controls to fly planes in the WTC on 9/11. I heard all about em
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    jlew24asu wrote:
    yea yea yea the PNAC. they used remote controls to fly planes in the WTC on 9/11. I heard all about em

I realize you aren't very educated on a lot of what's been going on the past few years, and I don't feel I need to be responsible for catching you up, so you're going to have to look elsewhere.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    I realize you aren't very educated on a lot of what's been going on the past few years, and I don't feel I need to be responsible for catching you up, so you're going to have to look elsewhere.

please I would love for you to show me the light.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I don't think the PNAC was responsible for 9/11, but is there really any question that they'd been waiting years for just such an opportunity? It played into their hands perfectly, enabling them to go back to Iraq and do what they thought Bush I should have done in the first place.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    hippiemom wrote:
    I don't think the PNAC was responsible for 9/11, but is there really any question that they'd been waiting years for just such an opportunity? It played into their hands perfectly, enabling them to go back to Iraq and do what they thought Bush I should have done in the first place.

Seems to make more sense. It's also interesting that the facts almost seem to indicate that they knew it was coming and they allowed it to happen.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Seems to make more sense. It's also interesting that the facts almost seem to indicate that they knew it was coming and they allowed it to happen.
    I don't have enough information to say whether or not I think they allowed it to happen ... I haven't read nearly as much on it as a lot of people here ... but given the people we're talking about and the other atrocities they've been responsible for, I can't say I'd be terribly surprised if that turned out to be the case.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    It's one thing to be in "solidarity" with the innocent victims of terrorism. That's a political stunt.

It's another thing to completely and undeniably support the terrorist groups that caused those innocent people to be butchered.

September 11, 2006 Poll by Al-Jazeera; the results of a questionnaire taken by 41,260 Arab viewers:

2) Do you support Osama bin Laden?
    Yes - 49.9 %
    No - 50.1 %

Okay, so they had candelight vigils, how nice! 50% of them still support the guy who ran those planes into our buildings. That's half. That's 20,630 in just that poll.

That's a lot of people, eh?

What do they REALLY think? They support the guy who killed our people.

can you not see how you rationalize the millions killed by us policy is seen as the same thing to them? we're selling the guns to their leaders who are holding them to their heads and executing them with, our money is helping prop them up, our support is helping protect these things and allow them to continue.

believe it or not forgetting and forgiving the creation, support, training, arming...of deathsquads can be a hard thing to do.

we talk about saddam's rape rooms as a good reason for the war...yet colombia's military seems to have a bit of a rape problem themselves and they get over a billion of our tax dollars in aid a year...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    can you not see how you rationalize the millions killed by us policy is seen as the same thing to them? we're selling the guns to their leaders who are holding them to their heads and executing them with, our money is helping prop them up, our support is helping protect these things and allow them to continue.

believe it or not forgetting and forgiving the creation, support, training, arming...of deathsquads can be a hard thing to do.

we talk about saddam's rape rooms as a good reason for the war...yet colombia's military seems to have a bit of a rape problem themselves and they get over a billion of our tax dollars in aid a year...

Sure, it's our fault.

I have no doubt that they hate us for our misdeeds in the middle east. I aim to fix those things someday. Nonetheless, we haven't killed them: their corrupt leaders have.

Accountability. We have it. They should have it. They are just as smart and potentially successful as us.

Let's focus on the way they carry out their hatred, though. Plenty of countries hate America. Does that meant hey support Osama bin Laden?
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    Sure, it's our fault.

I have no doubt that they hate us for our misdeeds in the middle east. I aim to fix those things someday. Nonetheless, we haven't killed them: their corrupt leaders have.

Accountability. We have it. They should have it. They are just as smart and potentially successful as us.

Let's focus on the way they carry out their hatred, though. Plenty of countries hate America. Does that meant hey support Osama bin Laden?

When have we ever been held accountable? We're like the neighborhood bully doing whatever we please just because we can.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    When have we ever been held accountable? We're like the neighborhood bully doing whatever we please just because we can.

Nah, not really.

We have a democratic process that helps us review our decisions. We do what's in our best interest and other countries should do what's in their best interest. Generally, those things all coincide for the peace of all.

If we fuck up, we admit it. If the bad guys fuck up, they dance in the streets in praise of allah.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    Nah, not really.

We have a democratic process that helps us review our decisions. We do what's in our best interest and other countries should do what's in their best interest. Generally, those things all coincide for the peace of all.

If we fuck up, we admit it. If the bad guys fuck up, they dance in the streets in praise of allah.

When do we admit it? We just tuck our dirty deeds under the rug in classified documents and webs of secrecy.

There were just as many people here giddy as all get out when we invaded Iraq, only it was our leaders orchestrating the bad deeds. Hell, we even have country songs praising our bad ideas with lines like 'we'll shove a boot up your ass!'. You need to stop looking at things in the terms of good and bad and you might start seeing just how similar we actually are.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    the facethe face Posts: 192
    El_Kabong wrote:

Guy has a point here...We have supported a lot of murderous regimes. I think if our govt would just be honest about their motives there would be much less resentment. Because we clearly are not stupid. Well most of us anyways. I cant speak for the Red States.....Im in a Blue one
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    It's easy for the world to be angry at soldiers who kill Iraqis in their own country, but it's very very hard for the world to be mad at Muslims who come into our country and seek to make it "their" country.

They just want a better life. What's wrong with that? I thought you were a Christian?
    Too many of you are angry at the "xenophobe." The problem is, you aren't looking at history.

Let's look at history and see what xenophobia caused; the holocaust.
    Just ask Theo Van Gogh:

Let's ask all the muslim children and muslim people in the Netherlands whose schools and mosques were burnt to the ground, let's ask those people too how they feel about it, okay?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Their culture is foreign and immoral.

Please elaborate.
  • Options
    Sure, it's our fault.

ya mean like the time the world court condemned us for our attack on nicaragua and how it was affecting the populace so instead of accepting it <ie taking accountability> we pulled out of the world court?

or the time we shot down an iranian passenger airliner and when vice president bush was asked if he'd apologize to iran for killing all those civillians he said: "I will never apologize for the United States of America — I don't care what the facts are" ?? that was taking responsability? was it taking responsability when they gave the ppl who shot down and killed CIVILLIANS medals???

no, i don't think so
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    ya mean like the time the world court condemned us for our attack on nicaragua and how it was affecting the populace so instead of accepting it <ie taking accountability> we pulled out of the world court?

or the time we shot down an iranian passenger airliner and when vice president bush was asked if he'd apologize to iran for killing all those civillians he said: "I will never apologize for the United States of America — I don't care what the facts are" ?? that was taking responsability? was it taking responsability when they gave the ppl who shot down and killed CIVILLIANS medals???

no, i don't think so
    I know a few Panamanians who are still waiting for their apology.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    I know a few Panamanians who are still waiting for their apology.

you mean for killing thousands of ppl which even the pentagon stated over 3/4 were civilians? or when the pentagon admitted they dumped some of the bodies in mass graves...oh wait, they said it wasn't mass graves, per se...just 'some number of bodies in the same grave' :rolleyes:

we avoid accaountability for that like we always do, by justifiying it bys aying 'hey, he was a bad man and gee, just look at all the ppl we liberated!'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    This whole thread is pointless if you ask me.

There are what? 9 billion muslims in the world?

That's 9 billion perspectives on Bin Laden. Lets not forget that of those 9 billion muslims a small part are arab, and a small part of those arabs give a shit what Bin Laden thinks.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    you mean for killing thousands of ppl which even the pentagon stated over 3/4 were civilians? or when the pentagon admitted they dumped some of the bodies in mass graves...oh wait, they said it wasn't mass graves, per se...just 'some number of bodies in the same grave' :rolleyes:

we avoid accaountability for that like we always do, by justifiying it bys aying 'hey, he was a bad man and gee, just look at all the ppl we liberated!'
    I know, you'd think they'd be more appreciative! My friend's cousin was liberated from the grind of daily life ... by a sheer stroke of luck, he happened to be walking home when we invaded and now his worries are over ... where's the gratitude?!
  • Options
    the world population is 6.7 billion.

Hey, give me a break, I just got up. lol.

You know what I mean, there are a shitload of muslims and they have virtually nothing to do with Bin Laden.

There are white muslims, black muslims, asian muslims, etc..
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    yeah, i realized that your point wasn't dependent on the actual number of people on earth, i just wanted to give you a hard time!

good morning!

It's all good, thanks for correcting me. I sometimes get these huge numbers mixed up.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hey, give me a break, I just got up. lol.

You know what I mean, there are a shitload of muslims and they have virtually nothing to do with Bin Laden.

There are white muslims, black muslims, asian muslims, etc..

but no asian jews
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    Collin wrote:

Let's ask all the muslim children and muslim people in the Netherlands whose schools and mosques were burnt to the ground, let's ask those people too how they feel about it, okay?

that was like one case...
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    the problem stems with the children. (not their fault) they are born to hate american and the west....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrasah
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    miller8966 wrote:
    that was like one case...

Unfortunately no, there were several cases. And how would that make it any less significant?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    the problem stems with the children. (not their fault) they are born to hate american and the west....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrasah

All adults were once children. ;)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    All adults were once children. ;)

thats true. but currently, the children are all being taught to hate america and the west. being brainwashed from birth. that doesnt help the future of peace.