Options

a

Comments

• Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    even flow? wrote:
    Aside from the BS of the Pentagon being made of some unknown substance to mankind. Looked like the entire (wings and all) plane was seen entering one of the towers. You know................what an airplane looks like. Big body with really big wings and very, very, heavy engines that would make a very, very, big impact. Of course those engines are made of aluminum to go with the plane made of balsa wood.

Have you ever seen what the impact from a bird does to a plane?
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    audome25 wrote:
    so aluminum hitting concrete would make an airplane shaped hole? As opposed to:

hy wasn't the hole as wide as a 757's 124-ft.-10-in. wingspan? A crashing jet doesn't punch a cartoon-like outline of itself into a reinforced concrete building, says ASCE team member Mete Sozen, a professor of structural engineering at Purdue University. In this case, one wing hit the ground; the other was sheared off by the force of the impact with the Pentagon's load-bearing columns, explains Sozen, who specializes in the behavior of concrete buildings. What was left of the plane flowed into the structure in a state closer to a liquid than a solid mass. "If you expected the entire wing to cut into the building," Sozen tells PM, "it didn't happen."

almost the entire wing is full of fuel also.

So where are they??? Didn't touch the ground? Didn't go through the building? Nary nicked a power poll? Sorry, I don't but the American story!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Some say the U.S. government died with Kennedy.

this is really interesting. can you please explain. :)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    Have you ever seen what the impact from a bird does to a plane?

Which has what to do with a huge plane hitting a building at forty of so feet off of the ground?
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Which has what to do with a huge plane hitting a building at forty of so feet off of the ground?

You made the comment about the balsa wood plane. It helps to explain the impact of the building on the plane and the reason that there was not a cartoon cutout of an airplane left in the side of the building like Wile E. Coyote used to leave in the mountain.
  • Options
    Please people...biggest event in my life and still no links to pictures that show plane debris on the lawn......still waiting any pics would appreciated....
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    You made the comment about the balsa wood plane. It helps to explain the impact of the building on the plane and the reason that there was not a cartoon cutout of an airplane left in the side of the building like Wile E. Coyote used to leave in the mountain.

Like anyone expected a cartoon cut out. There should have been something larger than the hole that was there, especially considering how the planes went into the towers leaving huge gaping holes.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    audome25audome25 Posts: 163
    Like anyone expected a cartoon cut out. There should have been something larger than the hole that was there, especially considering how the planes went into the towers leaving huge gaping holes.

the pentagon and the twin towers exteriors were not made out of the same substance. the twin towers planes were also going faster.
  • Options
    Please people...biggest event in my life and still no links to pictures that show plane debris on the lawn......still waiting any pics would appreciated....

There was one up the thread a little bit.
  • Options

This is easily explained. If you throw a baseball at a glass window it's going to leave a bigger hole than if you throw it at a wall.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    This is easily explained. If you throw a baseball at a glass window it's going to leave a bigger hole than if you throw it at a wall.

But it's not just a huge glass buiding, it was a steel structure.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    But it's not just a huge glass buiding, it was a steel structure.

With a lot of glass to shatter and leave a big hole. The Pentagon was reinforced and had different glass and smaller windows. Basically, trying to compare the two impacts is like comparing apples and oranges.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:

I get it. But......I just don't buy into the fact that the Pentagon was built of some super material as opposed to the skyscraper that we all seen swallow an airplane wings and all. Sure it is reenforced, just not to what you all believe it to be.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I get it. But......I just don't buy into the fact that the Pentagon was built of some super material as opposed to the skyscraper that we all seen swallow an airplane wings and all. Sure it is reenforced, just not to what you all believe it to be.

It was much more solid than the top of a skyscraper. On top of that, as was mentioned earlier, the planes were travelling at different speeds.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    With a lot of glass to shatter and leave a big hole. The Pentagon was reinforced and had different glass and smaller windows. Basically, trying to compare the two impacts is like comparing apples and oranges.

I do respect almost all of your opinions until this. Sorry z-man, I just don't buy the fact that the wings disappeared into thin air. Even you should be able to accept that fact. Everything just disappeared and a perfect round hole was left from the fuselage that just kept on traveling through that armor, protected building. Sorry but I am laughing while entertaining myself at the thought that you or anybody else believes this.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    It was much more solid than the top of a skyscraper. On top of that, as was mentioned earlier, the planes were travelling at different speeds.

Sure! Two were travelling straight and made a beauty impact for the world to see. And one, dove down at a dizzying speed to nail a building and that was the one going slower. Right!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    I do respect almost all of your opinions until this. Sorry z-man, I just don't buy the fact that the wings disappeared into thin air. Even you should be able to accept that fact. Everything just disappeared and a perfect round hole was left from the fuselage that just kept on traveling through that armor, protected building. Sorry but I am laughing while entertaining myself at the thought that you or anybody else believes this.

The wings did not disappear. They were ripped apart. There is debris on the lawn.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Sure! Two were travelling straight and made a beauty impact for the world to see. And one, dove down at a dizzying speed to nail a building and that was the one going slower. Right!

These were trained pilots. They were trying to accurately hit the Pentagon. It crashed into the side of the building, not the top.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:

so tell me why, me being a structural engineer why I am wrong again?
  • Options
    audome25 wrote:
    so tell me why, me being a structural engineer why I am wrong again?

Same reason I am????? We both haven't flown a plane into a building. Have we?

Let me know the next time you do a live test with a plane and a building like the Pentagon and you will be the first person I will take at face value. Your job has what to do with this then?
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    These were trained pilots. They were trying to accurately hit the Pentagon. It crashed into the side of the building, not the top.

Okay! You win!

You and the structural engineer have swayed my thoughts. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Okay! You win!

You and the structural engineer have swayed my thoughts. :rolleyes:

Yay. ;)
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Same reason I am????? We both haven't flown a plane into a building. Have we?

Let me know the next time you do a live test with a plane and a building like the Pentagon and you will be the first person I will take at face value. Your job has what to do with this then?

as cool as that would be, the effects of aluminum and concrete have been tested before. same reason we don't sail aroud the world once a month to confirm it is still round.
  • Options
    audome25 wrote:
    as cool as that would be, the effects of aluminum and concrete have been tested before. same reason we don't sail aroud the world once a month to confirm it is still round.

Well, perhaps it could use more study considering the fact that they said the towers were built to withstand a plane crashing into them. But that's not what brought them down....

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Well, perhaps it could use more study considering the fact that they said the towers were built to withstand a plane crashing into them. But that's not what brought them down....

they were built to withstand crashing into them. unfortunately 767's and 757's were designed after the towers were.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    all this talk about debris found around the pentagon yet no pictures put up?

leads me to believe this "debris" isn't from a plane.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    why would they try to stonewall the investigation and 9/11 commision if the official version is all true?

why lie?
    why cover up?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    zstillings wrote:

arizona flight school is now a highly "trained pilot" that can skip across the front lawn at 500 mph?

i dont buy it
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    arizona flight school is now a highly "trained pilot" that can skip across the front lawn at 500 mph?

i dont buy it

I never said highly. That would be misquoting me. They are still trained pilots.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    all this talk about debris found around the pentagon yet no pictures put up?

leads me to believe this "debris" isn't from a plane.

There was a website posted earlier. You can click on the blue link and see pictures of the debris.