Options

Kramer from Seinfeld outdoes Mel Gibson

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    NMyTree wrote:
    Oh really?

Some of you people seem only capable of thinking in only one narrow field of thought. Anything outside of that narrow path may as well be a foreign and unfamiliar language.

yet you find it so difficult to even concede that what richards said was out of line. you'll say that what chappelle does is racist and out of line, but not what richards says. that, you claim, was profound.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    LOL! Says who, you?

Now you purpose to define and dictate my thought process to fit your narrow field of vision?

Default.........that's hilarious!

LOL! Yes, says me.

I "propose" to define blah blah blah.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    mumimumi Posts: 664
    I think you care too much about ethnic and "racial" differences.
    We are all different, yet we are the same.
    If you all were ok with that fact, it wouldn't be such an issue.
    It's just a foreigners view.

PS: I'm not talking about ALL of you, I'm making a generalization, wich are often uncertain and debatable.
    PS2: And yes, that's the image other people may have of your society. That's what we see on the news.
    Uno es dueño de lo que calla
    y esclavo de lo que habla.
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    NMyTree, why can't you just come out and bloody well say what it is you think? This is not rocket science - "I don't agree with what he said," or "I have no problem with what he said." This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    shmap wrote:
    NMyTree, why can't you just come out and bloody well say what it is you think? This is not rocket science - "I don't agree with what he said," or "I have no problem with what he said." This is ridiculous.

perhaps it is too profound that we mere mortals cannot understand.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    VictoryGin wrote:
    perhaps it is too profound that we mere mortals cannot understand.

Substitute "liberals" for "mortals" and you are on the money.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    I just caught the second half of Michael Richards on Letterman--I guess Seinfeld happened to be on the lineup for today, so he and Letterman gave richads the opportunity to apologize.

I'll give him credit for coming on during a no win situation. He claimed not to be a racist--tough to buy. But he went on camera to try to apologies, diffuse whatever. I think I would have just hid at home and collected royalty checks from the syndication.
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    Substitute "liberals" for "mortals" and you are on the money.

ah yes, the profundity of erudite conservatives from the ivory towers of academia normally is lost on me.
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    ah yes, the profundity of erudite conservatives from the ivory towers of academia normally is lost on me.
    I have a question here...is it "liberals" against "conservatives"?
    'cause it isn't so here...
    Would you please explain it to me?

PS: A "liberal" strikes me as a shmuck who wrecks heads on his way up, if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    I just caught the second half of Michael Richards on Letterman--I guess Seinfeld happened to be on the lineup for today, so he and Letterman gave richads the opportunity to apologize.

I'll give him credit for coming on during a no win situation. He claimed not to be a racist--tough to buy. But he went on camera to try to apologies, diffuse whatever. I think I would have just hid at home and collected royalty checks from the syndication.

he seemed sincere on letterman. he just slipped up. I'm not racist either but it's not like the word doesn't exist and I don't use it sometimes. he just lost control and said it at the WORST possible time

Uncle Leo, hello! how's cousin Jefferey?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    he seemed sincere on letterman. he just slipped up. I'm not racist either but it's not like the word doesn't exist and I don't use it sometimes. he just lost control and said it at the WORST possible time

I agree.

Oh, and I believe Jeffrey is now president of the parks department.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    mumi wrote:
    I have a question here...is it "liberals" against "conservatives"?
    'cause it isn't so here...
    Would you please explain it to me?

maybe you'll have better luck asking those who brought that into this. :) although wait, who am i kidding.

i wasn't trying to turn this into a liberal v. conservative thing because i'm so sick of that bullshit. i was just responding to it. sorry!
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    maybe you'll have better luck asking those who brought that into this. :) although wait, who am i kidding.

i wasn't trying to turn this into a liberal v. conservative thing because i'm so sick of that bullshit. i was just responding to it. sorry!
    Ok, but I just wanted to know if liberal is somehow the opposite from conservative...
  • Options

I don't know. I realize that when you are pissed at someone, the thing that some do is to say the worst thing they can think of and the n-word would be at the top of the list. But not only to say it over and over, but to say all that other shit..."50 years ago..."

I can't say definitively whether he is racist or not, but the tirade leads me to "yes." Of course whether or not I think that is not relevant to anything..

See, your cousin Jeffery just got done improving central park. Now he's being transferred to Washington Square Park, ya see, and he's gonna revive that operation.
  • Options

I disagree. I might, MIGHT, be able to understand someone letting it slip once. I'm not even going to watch the video again to count how many times he said it, but we all know it was enough time to realize what he was saying. and the line "That's what happens when you interuppt a white man!" just further leads me to the conclusion that he is, in fact, racist.

What did he say on letterman by the way? I wasn't able to see it

(damn man, let's keep this to one thread!)
  • Options
    I disagree. I might, MIGHT, be able to understand someone letting it slip once. I'm not even going to watch the video again to count how many times he said it, but we all know it was enough time to realize what he was saying. and the line "That's what happens when you interuppt a white man!" just further leads me to the conclusion that he is, in fact, racist.

What did he say on letterman by the way? I wasn't able to see it

Isn't there a chance that he might be using his humor? I haven't seen the video, so I really don't know what was the situation like. But he's still an actor. The thing is, if he was acting, it wouldn't be admissible either, would it?
    THis is bad, really bad... how you live I mean...Is there something you can do without having the chance of being sued?
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I don't rule out the possibility that he was just trying to fight fire with fire. Blacks are known to be racist too. Maybe he saw their heckling as an act of racism, and so responded in kind. The black dudes in question weren't exactly calling him a honky, but maybe Kramer felt like he was being singled out because of his skin. The question is would those guys have been harassing Eddie Murphy or Chris Tucker?
  • Options
    mumi wrote:
    Isn't there a chance that he might be using his humor? I haven't seen the video, so I really don't know what was the situation like. But he's still an actor. The thing is, if he was acting, it wouldn't be admissible either, would it?
    THis is bad, really bad... how you live I mean...Is there something you can do without having someone suing you?

The first thing you gotta do is watch the video. There is def no humor anywhere.

Is there talk about him being sued?
  • Options
    The first thing you gotta do is watch the video. There is def no humor anywhere.

Ha ha! I have no idea, but knowing you think that's a possibility it's really something.
    WAW!!
  • Options
    mumi wrote:
    Ha ha! I have no idea, but knowing you think that's a possibility it's really something.
    WAW!!

Even I don't think he should be sued. But you're probably right.
  • Options
    Even I don't think he should be sued. But you're probably right.
    What Am I right about?
    I didn't say he was being sued!
    If that's what you thought I was saying, then read my post again, if not, sorry, my mistake!
  • Options
    mumi wrote:
    What Am I right about?
    I didn't say he was being sued!
    If that's what you thought I was saying, then read my post again, if not, sorry, my mistake!

No my fault. I misunderstood. I'm still kinda not sure what you meant, can you please explain?
  • Options
    No my fault. I misunderstood. I'm still kinda not sure what you meant, can you please explain?
    Well...if you insist :D
    I'm a foreigner, meaning I live outside the US, meaning I only know your country from what I see on the news, movies, and from the one time I went there 10 years ago. Still, my image about your culture isn't too nice. I would say that in general terms you seem to be too "sensitive", you can sue anyone for anything, you have too many prejudices and taboos about prejudices.
    Sometimes it seems you care too much, and for me it's a sign that you are not being able to handle this differences.
    I mean, if you were really ok with someone being black, or jew, or whatever, then there wouldn't be anyone making that differentiation, 'cause it wouldn't really matter, 'cause you'll be confortable with what you are.
    There's something strange about your society... And for me, it can be scary sometimes.
    Am I making any sense?
  • Options
    mumi wrote:
    Well...if you insist :D
    I'm a foreigner, meaning I live outside the US, meaning I only know your country from what I see on the news, movies, and from the one time I went there 10 years ago. Still, my image about your culture isn't too nice. I would say that in general terms you seem to be too "sensitive", you can sue anyone for anything, you have too many prejudices and taboos about prejudices.
    Sometimes it seems you care too much, and for me it's a sign that you are not being able to handle this differences.
    I mean, if you were really ok with someone being black, or jew, or whatever, then there wouldn't be anyone making that differentiation, 'cause it wouldn't really matter, 'cause you'll be confortable with what you are.
    There's something strange about your society... And for me, it can be scary sometimes.
    Am I making any sense?

Yea, I get what you're saying. And yea, I guess me not being surprised that someone is considering suing him IS saying something
  • Options
    Yea, I get what you're saying. And yea, I guess me not being surprised that someone is considering suing him IS saying something
    :)
  • Options

I saw that this much longer thread already existed in Moving Train after posting in the AET Kramer thread. so I copied and pasted
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I saw that this much longer thread already existed in Moving Train after posting in the AET Kramer thread. so I copied and pasted

Oh, I know. I was just pokin you
  • Options
    I think the reason why people get upset when White people call Black people racists lies in the historical oppression of Blacks in America. What he said was really out of line, specifically how he referenced that oppression. I don't know how anyone could justify this, especially by comparing it to Black stand up. Last time I checked White people didn't experience slavery, followed by lynching, hanging and segregation at the hands of black people. That itself is the difference. This isn't a PC thing. But please, tell us more about how PC liberals are oppressing the white christian majority.
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    Not quite as eloquent as when Bill Hicks melted down on some Heckler's for yelling "Freebird". Come to think of it...Bill wigged out and insulted just about everyone when that went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKTCiCgEkoE

or this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1fXTx0-uk

Also related- although once again, not especially high on the eloquance stakes:

'Comedian battles PC heckler'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDrfLe9m18
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,133

I've seen the video now...

I actually think he was trying to be over the top, shocking in order to be funny. He played an over the top personality for a long time.

Doesn;t excuse the rant nor how unfunny it was. ;)

Seriously though, I'd actualy give this guy another chance.
    hippiemom = goodness