Options

Kramer from Seinfeld outdoes Mel Gibson

Comments

• Options
    Are there still racists out there? Yep. Is it harder for blacks to get jobs? Yep. Do they have to 'work harder' to get that same job? Sometimes maybe. Is that fair? Nope. But is it fair for someone else that is working hard to be passed over because of their skin color? Nope.
    The fact is there are many, many, many companies out there that wouldn't hire any black men or women unless they were legally obligated to. This is the case far more often than what you suggest - that a harder working white man is getting shafted for some lazy black guy because of affirmative action. I'm sorry but I simply cannot buy that. It's not like affirmative action allows unqualified candidates. It's not setting up any businesses to fail. Racism is way too predominant in this country to trust people to hire for the right reasons and to completely disregard color of skin.
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    NMyTree wrote:
    The PC mindset, their excuses, justifications and approach to this subject matter, is the equivelent of chasing your own tail.

You spin in a vicious circle in reverse and end up in the same place where you once started. There is no progress.

Racism and discrimination against any human being of any color, race, creed or religious loyalty is wrong. Once you spin in a reverse circle, you run the risk returning things to what they once were. I don't call that progress, I call that regression.

At any time when you excuse, appease and justify racist behavior by one set of people for whatever reason, you risk another set of people becoming defiant and aggressive in their response; as a form of rebellion and "evening the playing field".

Problem is, rarely (if ever) does the playing field level out. Rather, it tips in the other direction and knocks a whole group of people off of the field, all together.

Intolerence of discrimination in any direction, is the only approach which levels the field and makes the field level.

Excuses, justifications and pretentious notions of pity and tolerence of reverse-discrimination will only spin the dog back to where it once started.

Wow, you really do go on and on. It seems to me, along with many others, that you're not actually addressing the points that people present to you. I don't think it's difficult to say either "Yes, Richards was being an ass and made a poor decision," or "No, I don't think Richards was being an ass at all." What exactly is the problem here?
  • Options
    i just watched the video again, kramer is out of his mind.

one guy says: "you called me a n****r, that's uncalled for."
    kramer: "well thats what happens when you interrupt the white man."
  • Options

Does anyone have a link for a better copy of this? I can't read any of the subtitles and the audio is pretty poor.
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    NMyTree wrote:
    The PC mindset, their excuses, justifications and approach to this subject matter, is the equivelent of chasing your own tail.

You spin in a vicious circle in reverse and end up in the same place where you once started. There is no progress.

Racism and discrimination against any human being of any color, race, creed or religious loyalty is wrong. Once you spin in a reverse circle, you run the risk returning things to what they once were. I don't call that progress, I call that regression.

At any time when you excuse, appease and justify racist behavior by one set of people for whatever reason, you risk another set of people becoming defiant and aggressive in their response; as a form of rebellion and "evening the playing field".

Problem is, rarely (if ever) does the playing field level out. Rather, it tips in the other direction and knocks a whole group of people off of the field, all together.

Intolerence of discrimination in any direction, is the only approach which levels the field and makes the field level.

Excuses, justifications and pretentious notions of pity and tolerence of reverse-discrimination will only spin the dog back to where it once started.

Much of what you say is right. Though I am curious about the suggestion that a whole group of people could fall of the field all together--do you think this is happening to white people?

Anyway. All of what you said does not do the simple thing I have asked several times. You say you are not defending him, yet you refuse to condemn it. You are remaining nuetral on Kramer's comments, or so it appears.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    And for the record, I don't get upset when black performers get nasty racist and attack white people. I understand their mentality and their approach.

But I do see a problem when society reacts differently to racist slurs and attacks, depending on the color of the skin of the verbal attacker.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a link for a better copy of this? I can't read any of the subtitles and the audio is pretty poor.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=242527&GT1=7703

click the video: richards' racist tirade link
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

Since you refuse to actually say that what Michael Richards did was wrong, I'm going to assume that you think it was right
  • Options

see, that sounds like he's trying to be funny. poor judgement to use that word though....
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    Check this out....http://youtube.com/watch?v=tEcz9T3MuL4 now all of the sudden this guy who already gets his little 15 minutes of fame to be on CNN will never "forget or forgive" Kramer for his rant. "He offended every African-American in this country with what he did."

Well....that reminded me that the term "African-American" is possibly the most overused word in this country. Maddox explains - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=your_stupid_ideas
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    see, that sounds like he's trying to be funny. poor judgement to use that word though....

i think he just lost his mind. honestly.

after he yells "look theres a n****r" repeatedly, he says something like: "you see whats buried beneath you stupid motherfuckers?"

sounds like a closet racist just came out of the closet to me.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    NMyTree wrote:
    Dave Chapelle is a HUGE racist and routinely goes way overboard. He hates white people.

The other head writer on his show was white, jackass. There is a difference between comedy and anger. Chappelle and others use race in jokes (okay). Michael Richards wasn't doing standup anymore when he went on his tirade. That was true colors coming out. There is no excuse for it.
  • Options
    michael richards is a fucking blithering idiot......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i think he just lost his mind. honestly.

after he yells "look theres a n****r" repeatedly, he says something like: "you see whats buried beneath you stupid motherfuckers?"

sounds like a closet racist just came out of the closet to me.

strange situation really...

you'd think he would just go to that guy's place of business and heckle him :)

richards is a strange guy though.
  • Options
    and not to kill the seinfeld analogies here, but its liek George telling that guy "oh yeah, well i had sex with your wife".

just went way too far!
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    Isn't anyone that is bothered by this just "PC"?

I don't condone it in any way at all and I don't think the N-word should be used in any way, shape or form. But when a guy like Richards does it, it's wrong. But Carlos Mencia can say racial stuff all day long, and it's OK. I watched a DVD of Mencia live in San Francisco and he yelled the N-word, and made fun of every race throughout the entire show. Granted Richards may have been doing it in a wrongful and not necessarily a joking way. I'm sure if Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, or Mencia had done the same thing, everyone would just be laughing along and it would not have been made an issue.
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    and not to kill the seinfeld analogies here, but its liek George telling that guy "oh yeah, well i had sex with your wife".

just went way too far!

not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:
    this is what i dont get, why would you have to abbreviate nigger and NOT cracker!
    i dont understand why blacks get so offender when people call them nigger, im pretty sure they know what they are by then

if a black calls a white a cracker, we dont get all upset and flip out

stop being so fucking sensitive!

BTW, i am not racist, many of my friends are black

Wow. I've seen lots of people here flip out over cracker but I don't get why white people go on about how "cracker" is so offensive to them. I CAN understand why blacks get offended by the "n" word, but with whites, it's like they are trying to even out the score or something by acting so offended over "cracker" when its such a meaningless word. It doesn't even have the same connotations and history of hatred as n****r!! I'm asian and I associate the word "paki" as something as bad an n****r because to me its about denigrating a group of people with hatred and abuse. It's always been used as a term of abuse against me and my kind when I was growing up by white kids. White people, in my experience, has always dished it out, they've never taken it, so to act so offended when a word comes along that is aimed at them but is essentially meaningless is just petty.

Maybe its because I'm british but cracker doesn't sodding mean anything except a bloody biscuit!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    John Budge wrote:
    Crackers weren't slaves for 300 hundred years.
    are you fucking serious??????????????????????????????????
    every race have been slaves to some other race in SOME point in time!!!

oh, thought i might add, heres a expert from a speech charles pinckney wrote regarding slavery in the constitution, stated by someone much more educated on this subject than you, charles pinckney, of south carolina:

"...slavery is justified by the example of all parts of the world. it existed in ancient greece and rome. throughout the history of the world, half of mankind has been enslaved...."
    not that i agree with his entire speech, this exerpt really stands out.

by the way, do you think that the guy kramer was yelling at was ever a slave?????????????
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Options
    Wow. I've seen lots of people here flip out over cracker but I don't get why white people go on about how "cracker" is so offensive to them. !
    than what the hell is the difference from cracker to nigger????????????????
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Oh and by the way,

The notion that black people can use an english word (nigger), because it allegedly embodies a term of endearment.....or brotherhood/sisterhood.....a bond....unity, but no one else can (especially whites); is by far the most comical and laughable concept I have ever heard of.

:D

You misunderstand it. Blacks calling each other n*ggers is a way of empowering them against the negative connotations of the word. It's stripping it of the meaning and turning it around. It's like me and my asian friends calling each other a paki - I wouldn't take it from anyone else, black or white. Only asians know how it feels, which is probably the same as how blacks feel about n*gger. I wouldn't call a black person a n*gger just as I wouldnt accept them calling me a paki, unless I knew we were on the same page.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    seanw1010 wrote:

white and black.
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:

One of them was used to justify the oppression and second-class citizenship of a entire race in a supposedly free society.
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ Upcoming 2024  TBD...
  • Options
    white and black.
    and nothing else, which means, if you get offended when a white calls a black a nigger, and you dont when a black calls a white a cracker...think real hard and tell me who the real racist is
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    At least he's not an anti-dentite.;)
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:
    and nothing else, which means, if you get offended when a white calls a black a nigger, and you dont when a black calls a white a cracker...think real hard and tell me who the real racist is

Nothing else? LMFAO

If I ignore the history of the U.S. up until now then you have an excellent point.
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ Upcoming 2024  TBD...
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    And if Michael Richards were black, it would be just another day at the office.

It should be offensive across the board.
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:

Um, didn't you read the rest of my post?

I guess if you're a white person you'll just never know what real racial abuse and hatred feels like to a person. How it makes you feel inside, where even your skin colour is seen as something derisive or disgusting just because of your race. And that is supposedly a reflection of what you are on the inside. You might not think it that big a deal but it is, especially if you grew up with the abuse. Can you imagine what it feels like for a child who is being made to feel like that through the use of racial insults by lighter skinned people than her, she is made to feel like she (or he) is inadequate somehow; is deserving of abuse; is ugly; is stupid; is lazy; is thick; is inferior; is everything a white person (supposedly) isn't. And to grow up in an environment where those beliefs are ingrained and institutionalised, in schools, the workplace, the community, etc, where you have to fight for your very sanity let alone your rights, where you might see members of the same race as you being similarly abused (and enslaved etc), then you'll realise just how much these words can affect you, and just how offensive they are. Especially when you grow up and come to realise that you are none of these things above, and that the people who dished them out are far lower down the evolutionary scale than you!

Anyway that kramer guy is just a bastard showing his true colours. Heckling comedians is pretty much part of the course, and he should have been used to it. He's obviously not that talented, the one-trick pony!
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    i hope jerry isn't still writing his material.
  • Options
    Nothing else? LMFAO

If I ignore the history of the U.S. up until now then you have an excellent point.
    US history, yes, world history, no.
    i dont know about you, but i havnt seen that many black jewish peoplee, have you? they were white, but they were persecuted.
    i know its not the same thing, but its not just blacks that are the only people in the course of the universe that have been treated badly. i say, get over it