Options

gay people raising children

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Godfather. wrote:
    no offense to you guys but why is the g & l thing brought up on this board ? it's always the same old hat that gets tossed around and always ends up the same way.

Godfather.

And everything else here lol.
    Full of arguments and lockings here.
    Politics is a dirty word.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    politcs can be an awful lot of fun though... and a world without politics..... sadly don't think it would be full of peace and love.
    and anarchy would get old real fast
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    Godfather. wrote:
    no offense to you guys but why is the g & l thing brought up on this board ? it's always the same old hat that gets tossed around and always ends up the same way.

Godfather.

The topic of discrimination toward gays usually ends up the same because, on this issue, it's difficult for people to shift their thinking in a back-and-forth discussion. People who have changed their negative opinion of gays and lesbians often did so through personal contact and relationships with gays. So Godfather, all I can recommend is that you get out and meet more people.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

The topic of discrimination toward gays usually ends up the same because, on this issue, it's difficult for people to shift their thinking in a back-and-forth discussion. People who have changed their negative opinion of gays and lesbians often did so through personal contact and relationships with gays. So Godfather, all I can recommend is that you get out and meet more people.

^^^^ 100%
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

thanks but I have enuff friends as it is :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

And everything else here lol.
    Full of arguments and lockings here.
    Politics is a dirty word.

good point.

Godfather.
  • Options
    what they need is a good male role model.... whether that be a teacher, a neighbour, a cousin, an older friend or whatever.

Yeah but they are not full-time.
    Needs to be someone that lives with them.

so do you also think that divorce is wrong? stay married and miserable to keep daddy at home?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

you mean like god/religion?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Is there anything we can agree on lol?

possibly.... how do you feel about cats??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

I love cats, not a fan of dogs.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    what they need is a good male role model.... whether that be a teacher, a neighbour, a cousin, an older friend or whatever.

Yeah but they are not full-time.
    Needs to be someone that lives with them.

so do you also think that divorce is wrong? stay married and miserable to keep daddy at home?

No. Wtf has that got to do with anything lol.
    A gay couple can divorce too.
  • Options
    not if they're not allowed to get married
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I love cats, not a fan of dogs.

well thas not it... for me the only acceptable cat is a dead cat... or a tiger. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    No. Wtf has that got to do with anything lol.
    A gay couple can divorce too.

I was just gathering details on your stance. it has everything to do with it. If your stance really is about no father figure, you'd presumably be against heterosexuals divorcing and daddy leaving home, wouldn't you?

I'm thinking your stated stance about no-Daddy really is a beard for something else entirely.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    one other question Thoughts Arrive: are you against a single female having a child on her own through invetro fertilization?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    moemoemoemoe Posts: 72
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but perhaps it's better to take it straight from the horses mouth........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLZO-sObzQ
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    moemoe wrote:
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but perhaps it's better to take it straight from the horses mouth........

I was thinking of that exact video :thumbup: 8-)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    who cares?

2 people love each other

raise their children well

My best friend from High school has two children he raises with his 20 year partner, each have fathered a child with surrogate mothers. These children are well taken care of and loved. I dont see a problem with same sex marriage or gay people raising children. I know of other couples too, also the children well loved and taken care of.

I really dont get what the fuss is about?
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    7RayZ wrote:
    who cares?

2 people love each other

My best friend from High school has two children he raises with his 20 year partner, each have fathered a child with surrogate mothers. These children are well taken care of and loved. I dont see a problem with same sex marriage or gay people raising children. I know of other couples too, also the children well loved and taken care of.

I don't either

...the video that was posted was from a gentleman raised by two moms. It's speaks so well. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    7RayZ wrote:
    who cares?

2 people love each other

agree. remember that show My 2 Dads? they weren't even gay and the kid was alright. imagine if both dads were actually sensitive and decent human beings. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    moemoe wrote:

that was great, thanks for posting
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE