Options

gay people raising children

IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
edited December 2011 in A Moving Train
i am not opposed to gays and lesbians getting married and enjoying the rights that married folk have.

but do you think gays/lesbians should raise kids???

i think it would be hard on the child.

put yourself in the child's shoes - who amongst us would like to have 2 homosexual dads or 2 homosexual moms ??

your opinions on homosexuals raising kids??
I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
Come step inside my tears
Swim the magic ocean,
I've been crying all these years
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Being gay is a disease where the brain mutates during fetus fevelopment. Some just wanna be gay by choice though it seems. I doubt the kid would care at all until it was old enough to start asking questions and realizing why he's different.

Bottom line is that one of the parents is merely a participant not paternal.

Homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end. An extinction.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I think it's more than okay for homosexuals to raise children for the sole reason that they'd do a good job. Gays/lesbians don't need to worry about unplanned pregnancies, so them wanting a child would be because they want one.

Of course social issues would come up, but at least the child would be loved by the parents.
  • Options
    kids are born from females and males mating end of. I dont care if someone is homosexual, but by mking that chose they have foregone the opportunity of having children naturally and in my opinion should not be allowed children by any other means,, eg adoption.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    While I have no doubt that any kid raised in this type of enviornment would get a lot of love from gay parents ( men or women), the fact does remain that it would be fine untill Junior started growing up, maturing, and asking questions. Seeing Tommy's Mommy & Daddy at school and seeing your
    Daddy 1 and Daddy 2 there may be very hard on a child. Teenagers especially have enough to go through without the extra " ribbing " from
    classmates that he has two Men sleeping in the same bed at home, raising him. I really am not trying to be cruel here, but I don't see anyway around this. It will become a problem. And for those of you who are all about Gay Marriage and Gay Rights, I can't help but wonder if you would feel the same
    if a situation like this was close to home for you. I don't know, really what else to say -
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    its ahelluvalot better than having noone. nothing is worse than not being loved.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Being gay is a disease where the brain mutates during fetus fevelopment. Some just wanna be gay by choice though it seems. I doubt the kid would care all until it was old enough to start asking questions and realizing why he's different.

Bottom line is that one of the parents is merely a participant not paternal.

I've got a couple issues with this. First of all, someone being gay is not a disease. You say that the brain "mutates during fetus development." That would require there to be a specific gene in the human genome that is either expressed or inhibited in these individuals not seen in heterosexuals. There has never been a specific "gay gene" identified. You automatically assume the child would be different as he got to sexual maturity? That's ridiculous.
    And finally you say that homosexuality is evolutionary dead end. You base that on what? There are cases of homosexuality since the dawn of time. There are cases in non-humans as well. What? Nature allows this to happen...well, yeah it does.
    Many evolution theorists believe the sole purpose of life is to assure the expression of your own DNA to the next generation and to assure it's expression to that next generation....
    We have means now to have gay people's genes expressed to the next generation. Granted they aren't "natural" means, but they do exist.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    mca47 wrote:
    And finally you say that homosexuality is evolutionary dead end. You base that on what? There are cases of homosexuality since the dawn of time. There are cases in non-humans as well. What? Nature allows this to happen...well, yeah it does.
    Many evolution theorists believe the sole purpose of life is to assure the expression of your own DNA to the next generation and to assure it's expression to that next generation....
    We have means now to have gay people's genes expressed to the next generation. Granted they aren't "natural" means, but they do exist.

This sounds dumb but I find the increasing amount of homosexuality a form a nature's population control, seeing how in a couple decades there may be too many people for the planet to support.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I've got a couple issues with this. First of all, someone being gay is not a disease. You say that the brain "mutates during fetus development." That would require there to be a specific gene in the human genome that is either expressed or inhibited in these individuals not seen in heterosexuals. There has never been a specific "gay gene" identified. You automatically assume the child would be different as he got to sexual maturity? That's ridiculous.

You would tell me two men can have child, as can 2 women...wtf are you smoking again? Do you know how babies are made? Being gay is a mutation, a deviation from nature....yes, it's a disease of the mind.

You see benefit to supporting the homosexual family plan as a viable scenario to further mankind from an evolutionary aspect?

that's way damaged bro..
  • Options
    You would tell me two men can have child, as can 2 women...wtf are you smoking again? Do you know how babies are made? Being gay is a mutation, a deviation from nature....yes, it's a disease of the mind.

You see benefit to supporting the homosexual family plan as a viable scenario to further mankind from an evolutionary aspect?

that's way damaged bro..

Gonna have to agree with you.
    I like to think i'm liberal on most things but not homosexuality.
  • Options

that's way damaged bro..

Obviously you're not too familiar with gene therapy.

I don't see there being a benefit in supporting the homosexual family plan other than allowing those "mutants" as you call them, to have a relatively normal life which includes a family.
    Unfortunately evolution is selfish. It is said that individuals (not just humans) will sacrifice all but, but in some cases, their own lives to allow for expression of their genetic makeup. Many who study animal behavior have shown that that bond with those individuals with any part of ones own genetic code is stonger for the "selfish" aspect of genetic expression.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    This sounds dumb but I find the increasing amount of homosexuality a form a nature's population control, seeing how in a couple decades there may be too many people for the planet to support.

No that's not dumb at all. Many experiments have been reproduced time again where overpopulated situations of any species leads to homosexuality. It's nature's way balancing the population. The homosexual mutations will die off, in effect, to help control the populous. The opposite can be noted as well where species of plants will turn hermaphroditic (have both sex organs) in harsh environmental conditions to help increase their population.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:

Haha, maybe?
    There are many species who in history have dealt with overpopulation of their own kind. Usually the only thing that really works is overpopulation to the point where resources are scarce enough and what results is individuals dying off until they reach that point of successful propagation. I'm not sure if the gay element of a species social behavior has ever been a noted issue though. :D
    Hmmm... I may have to check my old Animal Behavior books from college. :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    personally, i think having 2 parents who love you and support you is all that is important. there are plenty of children with heterosexual homes, NOT getting the love and support they need...why would one's sexual orientation determine one to be 'better' than the other in raising a child?

i understand your thoughts on the possible 'difficulty'...and sure, maybe some kids might get made fun of. so what? kid's get made fun of all the time for all sorts of stupid reasons. i am sure having homosexual parents they would raise their child to be prepared to been as as their parents are 'different'...and hopefully, like all things new and different, in time, it would not be seen as so different...and simply viewed as another way of life. change doesn't occur without growing pains.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Obviously you're not too familiar with gene therapy.

I don't see there being a benefit in supporting the homosexual family plan other than allowing those "mutants" as you call them, to have a relatively normal life which includes a family.
    Unfortunately evolution is selfish. It is said that individuals (not just humans) will sacrifice all but, but in some cases, their own lives to allow for expression of their genetic makeup. Many who study animal behavior have shown that that bond with those individuals with any part of ones own genetic code is stonger for the "selfish" aspect of genetic expression.

Put 100 gay men on an island...leave them be for 100 years then come back with your observation on how nature supports it...you'll see precious little life existing. People support homosexuality not nature. end of argument.
  • Options
    Put 100 gay men on an island...leave them be for 100 years then come back with your observation on how nature supports it...you'll see precious little life existing. People support homosexuality not nature. end of argument.

But I bet they'd all be happy. :D
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Surprising how homophobic some seemingly liberal people on this board can be. Before this thread continues to devolve and expose latent homosexual fears of posters, how about putting it back on track.

I think the ideal is 1 father and 1 mother. Each generally brings something different to the raising of the child. But that doesn't mean that it is the best thing in every instance. I've seen plenty of incapable, incompetent 1 mother/1 father families. I've seen some wonderful single parent families even though that may not be ideal. I've seen some wonderful homosexual/homosexual parent families even though that may not be ideal.

Would you anti-homosexual-parent posters rather have those children going through a foster care system as wards of the state, or would you rather see them given a loving home with caring parents who just happen to be same sex?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    seriously.....i'm so ashamed of this thread.....all i'm going to say is that this is wrong.....just wrong.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Surprising how homophobic some seemingly liberal people on this board can be. Before this thread continues to devolve and expose latent homosexual fears of posters, how about putting it back on track.

I think the ideal is 1 father and 1 mother. Each generally brings something different to the raising of the child. But that doesn't mean that it is the best thing in every instance. I've seen plenty of incapable, incompetent 1 mother/1 father families. I've seen some wonderful single parent families even though that may not be ideal. I've seen some wonderful homosexual/homosexual parent families even though that may not be ideal.

Would you anti-homosexual-parent posters rather have those children going through a foster care system as wards of the state, or would you rather see them given a loving home with caring parents who just happen to be same sex?

Evolution can be cruel. Would you then decide to go against it citing your emotions as more valid than the evolutionary process?

Don't gay bash, but don't hand it a crutch and pretend it can walk.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    But I bet they'd all be happy. :D

Damn straight they would! :D

what can we do?...we can't hate other people. Just embrace their differences. I work with and know several gay people and I like them very much as friends. It hasn't changed my orientation.
  • Options
    i am not opposed to gays and lesbians getting married and enjoying the rights that married folk have.

but do you think gays/lesbians should raise kids???

i think it would be hard on the child.

put yourself in the child's shoes - who amongst us would like to have 2 homosexual dads or 2 homosexual moms ??

your opinions on homosexuals raising kids??

well....as long as homosexual people are good parents.....i think that's more important.....are more concerning......then well i guess my other dad is the bitch in this relationship.
  • Options
    do you know what i mean?
  • Options
    Damn straight they would! :D

what can we do?...we can't hate other people. Just embrace their differences. I work and know several gay people and I like them very much as friends. It hasn't changed my orientation.

no one's asking you to become gay.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I work and know several gay people and I like them very much as friends.

Do they know you believe them to be brain damaged?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

i know.....what kinda of "eek gay" statment is that.....that's such the insult.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

Would you tell someone sick they're going to die?

They would think some things about me as well I'm sure... does it really matter?
  • Options
    CenterCity wrote:
    well....as long as homosexual people are good parents.....i think that's more important.....are more concerning......then well i guess my other dad is the bitch in this relationship.

and i think the children would be lucky to have such cool, cutting edge parents. there's community support out there.....including people that aren't directly associated with the battle.
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    If we get off our high horse as humans, it's pretty simple. Homosexuality is a dead end (thank you dude). Now you are going to give me shit here, but it is the same as a mule. It cannot reproduce, so it is a bi-product of a donkey and a horse. Well to get back to the original thread, we have families that face a delima. They are not following the rules of nature, but of present day society. Adoption, artificial insemination, or just having some one "plant" their seed. What path do these families take in the long run?? Mother nature is going to have the final say. This is a lifestyle that can survive and prosper in the short term, but has no real future. No matter how much love and guidance you provide for these young families, it just cannot survive.
    I'm on the fence on this whole issue. I'm big on family and providing youth with a way to better themselves and be a proud individual. It means a better chance for an education and an understanding of the world around them before we cut them loose. But they are going to have to see the truth that is right in front of them. They come from an unconventional family and way of life that really has no future. It can be carried on within certain communities, but when that support dries up and the homosexuality trend shifts, what happens. Nature is not on their side.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    DeniDeni Posts: 233

If we lived in a world where more than 7-10% of the population was gay and the only way to make babies was by having male/female sexual intercourse then I would say you were right... But we don't live in that world. There are 7 billion people on the planet and if even 10% of them are gay that leaves 6 billion people fully prepared to propagate the species. We are not going to go extinct anytime soon. So don't worry about that. As for the other... I have friends who are lesbian and though the magic of in vitro they have triplets. So -- so much for that. lol

Peace and Love,
    Deni :)
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
  • Options
    Deni wrote:
    If we lived in a world where more than 7-10% of the population was gay and the only way to make babies was by having male/female sexual intercourse then I would say you were right... But we don't live in that world. There are 7 billion people on the planet and if even 10% of them are gay that leaves 6 billion people fully prepared to propagate the species. We are not going to go extinct anytime soon. So don't worry about that. As for the other... I have friends who are lesbian and though the magic of in vitro they have triplets. So -- so much for that. lol

Peace and Love,
    Deni :)

yeah.....what this guy/or girl says.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Being gay is a disease where the brain mutates during fetus fevelopment.
    This has been proven?!!?! I missed the memo, please share your documentation with us. I'm always interested in scientific advances.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963