Options

gay people raising children

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    falcon wrote:
    Gay couples raising children is fine for the couple and everyone else, but the most important consideration- THE CHILD- might have some tough obstacles growing up. I'm not at all homophobic, but it might not be fair to the child to be picked on for something they never chose.

Did you choose your parents?

Check out this dude. He chose to hold a speech: http://youtu.be/yMLZO-sObzQ

:clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Take a look around ...all those heterosexuals have created a really screwed up, dysfunctional and hateful society.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Well all I can say is this, my experiences growing up were less than peachy. 2 people that you thought would have made great parents together, hated each other behind the scenes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know many gay people who would make much better parents than some parents I have encountered. We try to teach children to accept people for who they are and embrace people's differences. Just because someone is gay, does not mean that they will discuss their sex lives openly with their kids or encourage them to be gay. You are either gay or your not.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Loulou wrote:
    Well all I can say is this, my experiences growing up were less than peachy. 2 people that you thought would have made great parents together, hated each other behind the scenes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know many gay people who would make much better parents than some parents I have encountered. We try to teach children to except people for who they are and embrace people's differences. Just because someone is gay, does not mean that they will discuss their sex lives openly with their kids or encourage them to be gay. You are either gay or your not.

accept. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Loulou wrote:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know many gay people who would make much better parents than some parents I have encountered. We try to teach children to except people for who they are and embrace people's differences. Just because someone is gay, does not mean that they will discuss their sex lives openly with their kids or encourage them to be gay. You are either gay or your not.

accept. ;)8-)
    Thank you I actually noticed that 2 seconds ago! :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Davidtrios wrote:
    it they are good, responsibile people, i say any couple has the right to raise children
    That, ladies and gents, is the frickin point right there.

Well said
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    falcon wrote:
    Gay couples raising children is fine for the couple and everyone else, but the most important consideration- THE CHILD- might have some tough obstacles growing up. I'm not at all homophobic, but it might not be fair to the child to be picked on for something they never chose.

Did you choose your parents?

Check out this dude. He chose to hold a speech: http://youtu.be/yMLZO-sObzQ

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I don't see how that should even be an issue. Any couple that can provide a caring, loving home to a child should be allowed to raise one.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I don't agree. *awaiting bashing by the lefties*
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PearlJain wrote:
    I have been a Social Worker for many years. Gay adoption is not legal here in Florida....yet. I would truly like children to live in a loving environment whether it be hetero or gay. So many people disagree with me on this....but I stick to my beliefs.....Loving homes versus abusive homes. So many children are removed temporarily while their parents try to get their lives in order. Children sometimes find stability in Foster care - only to be returned to the chaos of their parents. How does this benefit any child?
    I don't believe that a child raised by gays makes the child gay. There is a long process to adopting...doesn't happen overnight. I want Florida to allow loving gay people to be able to adopt children in order to provide much needed stability and loving homes.

And you think that abusive homosexual households do not exist?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    falcon wrote:

Here here, exactly.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    This is an excuse, not a reason. Look around society and let me know how many model parents are walking around who are embarrassments and terrible examples for their children. Yet because in this instance, it's based on sexual preference, you claim this is ok? I call nonsense.
    falcon wrote:

Here here, exactly.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    falcon wrote:

Here here, exactly.

yeah fat people shouldn't be allowed have kids either, or ugly people

here here
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    :lol: Im going to file this thread under my "useless information"file ...fat people and ugly people.. :lol:
    you guys need to get out more and close the closet door :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science ... ag=nl.e660

Be afraid Godfather! wasnt it you that said the other day that sex will always need to be between a man and a woman to propagate our species? ;)

"Science fiction authors and scientists themselves have speculated for generations that the human male is unnecessary, and that genetic material could just as well be exchanged between women, eliminating the male sex altogether. If that sounds far-fetched, keep in mind that this feat has already been achieved, and reproduced multiple times, in mice."
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,669

No bashing, but apparently not all thoughts have arrived.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

Neither have the Beavers.
  • Options

can wait til your lesbian daughter brings home her lover and child.

im speaking hypothetically of course at this point but dont say it wont/cant happen, cause you dont know... but you should at least be open minded enough to consider theres a chance it might. there are gay people everywhere and many many more yet to be born.... so look out cause you just might find yourself living with one... or two. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

Neither have the Beavers.

You just wait for the NCAA tourney!
  • Options
    So being male and female gives you the right to have children seems to be the only requirement to bring a child into this world.
    sorry its a lot more than that
    a hell of a lot more. any drug addled pair of criminal misfits can have children.??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but because two people have the same genitals
    NO WAY
    get over yourselves neanderthals
    its nearly 2012
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    So being male and female gives you the right to have children seems to be the only requirement to bring a child into this world.
    a hell of a lot more. any drug addled pair of criminal misfits can have children.??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO WAY
    its nearly 2012

I find it funny that you assign the labels drug addled and criminal misfits to only hetero couples.
    My former neighbours (lesbian couple) were drug addicts and always fighting. I lost count the amount of times the Cops had to be called, thankfully they moved as they used to abuse me and my parents for simply being outside in our yard. You misspelt divided.
  • Options

im speaking hypothetically of course at this point but dont say it wont/cant happen, cause you dont know... but you should at least be open minded enough to consider theres a chance it might. there are gay people everywhere and many many more yet to be born.... so look out cause you just might find yourself living with one... or two. ;)8-)

I am not against them, I believe a child deserves a father figure in their lives.
  • Options

I am not against them, I believe a child deserves a father figure in their lives.

what they need is a good male role model.... whether that be a teacher, a neighbour, a cousin, an older friend or whatever.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    NO WAY
    its nearly 2012

I find it funny that you assign the labels drug addled and criminal misfits to only hetero couples.
    My former neighbours (lesbian couple) were drug addicts and always fighting. I lost count the amount of times the Cops had to be called, thankfully they moved as they used to abuse me and my parents for simply being outside in our yard. You misspelt divided.
    maybe wait for those thoughts to arrive hey and note the comments
    so being amle and female gives you the right ( thats one comment)
    any drug addled pair of criminal misfits can have children ( second comment)
    where in the second does it say HETROSEXUAL

anyone can be a criminal misfit. much the same way anyone can be a great parent regardless if their partner has a the same genitals

and I chose to spell my name that way, funny its taken you this bloody long to figure that out. di that thought just get here
    fair bit of lag it would seem
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Fathers as role models
    from my experience i disagree. My father is far from any type of role model. I work really hard to be absolutly nothing like him. an anti role model.
    He is a racist bigot with nothing but fear and hate within him, who cannot communicate anything but more fear and hate. beat his wife , his children his girlfreind but forgives himself cause he went to confession.

My male role model was my best friends dad( RIP) he showed what it was to be proud of myself by being honest to myself, honest to those who love me. my mother as well made me into the hardworking determined person I am. My wife is my role model who has shown me how to be a father and husband. and adult
    my two gay neighbours are good role models in how they are the center of our neighbourhood, our community. they are welcome at my door at any time. as we are at theirs.
    role models are not just or even parents. its who in your life motivates you to be better. it can be your mum and dad but i reckon it could be your dads or your mums. its who they are not what they are
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    what they need is a good male role model.... whether that be a teacher, a neighbour, a cousin, an older friend or whatever.

Yeah but they are not full-time.
    Needs to be someone that lives with them.
  • Options

They don't have to live with them. It's the quality of the relationship that matters, not the actual minutes spent together.
  • Options

well it might interest you to know that my now 14 year old son hasnt had a live in father since he was 18 months old. both he and his younger sister, who never even lived with her father, think that that absent father hung the moon. their bond is extremely close mainly because i insisted such a relationship happen. despite his absence, their father is a strong, constant and positive presence in their life. and my children are well brought up, strong, funny and smart. and it turns out theyre nice people too... so to tell me that a good male role model needs to live in, is just utter bullshit... from experience i know different.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Is there anything we can agree on lol?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    no offense to you guys but why is the g & l thing brought up on this board ? it's always the same old hat that gets tossed around and always ends up the same way.

Godfather.