White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

2456710

Comments

  • JamMastaE wrote:
    to whoever took offence to the Al Jazeera article i posted,attacking me and calling me a skinhead(ludicrous) because of it's anti-Zionist views,read these.Jews are the biggest most out-spoken opposition to Zionism.i guess you'd know that if your were really informed enough on the issue...but i digress.
    and to make things clear,i'm for love not hate.


    http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

    http://www.nkusa.org/

    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/jews_against_zionism.html



    Israel is a lot like America,it has good citizens and a corrupt leadership.

    http://www.barrychamish.com/


    did you bother to read this?
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain


    "I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • You were shut down by the mods for your offensive insinuations and remarks I would guess. If someone nudged them to do so then bravo. You'll have to troll your anti-jew rhetoric somewhere else I guess....: (


    dude maybe i'm jewish,ever think of that?
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain


    "I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • JamMastaE wrote:
    dude maybe i'm jewish,ever think of that?
    absolutely not...
  • A jew would never use the word Nazi and the word Jew as one. So no, you are definitely NOT a jew...
  • What is going on with this board? My god, now were after Mexicans? Some of you guys really sound like your talking out of your ass. Like someone from fucking Montreal knows anything about Mexicans! First of all, I happen to live in a state with a large population of hispanics. I would say no more than half are actually Mexican. We have large numbers of Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, etc. Yes I know, white america, they all have darker skin and speak Spanish. But they aren't all Mexican. The vast majority of them are devoutly religious, good people. Many of their youth get caught up in the criminal justice system and find it hard to get out. That is true. But it's also true of white kids and black kids. So enough generalizing.....Every group in the world has people that find their way into trouble. Frankly, from my experience working with alot of spanish speaking immigrants, they are much harder working and far more industrious, generally, than most white folk!
  • i can see where having to teach two different classes; one in english and one in spanish; can cripple the school system. we don't have enough schools now and having to almost double the number of schools to accomidate non-english speaking people can and does effect our schools.
    but let's take a minute here. the board consists of people from all corners of the world. i've noticed some from eastern europe lately. the common denominator here is we all speak or at least understand english. in the small country of figi english is taught in the second grade. when you travel in mexico; those in the tourist industry speak english.
    so why is it mexican americans seem to be the only people that don't speak english?

    Um it's actually Fiji. Funny to find this in a discussion of the English language. Further Fiji, or figi, as you say it, was for many years an ENGLISH colony. Thus, the English. Class dismissed.
  • What is going on with this board? My god, now were after Mexicans? Some of you guys really sound like your talking out of your ass. Like someone from fucking Montreal knows anything about Mexicans! First of all, I happen to live in a state with a large population of hispanics. I would say no more than half are actually Mexican. We have large numbers of Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, etc. Yes I know, white america, they all have darker skin and speak Spanish. But they aren't all Mexican. The vast majority of them are devoutly religious, good people. Many of their youth get caught up in the criminal justice system and find it hard to get out. That is true. But it's also true of white kids and black kids. So enough generalizing.....Every group in the world has people that find their way into trouble. Frankly, from my experience working with alot of spanish speaking immigrants, they are much harder working and far more industrious, generally, than most white folk!

    "In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens."
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

    "Hispanics are 3.3 times more likely to be in prison than whites; they are 4.2 times more likely to be in prison for murder, and 5.8 times more likely to be in prison for felony drug crimes.

    Young Hispanics are 19 times more likely than young whites (and slightly more likely than young blacks) to be in youth gangs."

    -amren.com

    These are facts. Stop fooling yourself.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Believing that there is something inherently "bad" about hispanics only worsens the situation. If we really cared about crime statistics, we'd be working towards improving the socio-economic inequities that lead to these types of trends.

    But everytime somebody wants to start treating them as neighbors instead of as invaders, everyone is up in arms.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West SeattlePosts: 10,703
    "In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens."
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

    "Hispanics are 3.3 times more likely to be in prison than whites; they are 4.2 times more likely to be in prison for murder, and 5.8 times more likely to be in prison for felony drug crimes.

    Young Hispanics are 19 times more likely than young whites (and slightly more likely than young blacks) to be in youth gangs."

    -amren.com

    These are facts. Stop fooling yourself.

    They may be facts . . . but do they include racial profiling statistics? Let's say a black man, a mexican, & a white man are all robbing a store. Who gets off the easiest you think?
    NERDS!
  • "In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens."
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

    "Hispanics are 3.3 times more likely to be in prison than whites; they are 4.2 times more likely to be in prison for murder, and 5.8 times more likely to be in prison for felony drug crimes.

    Young Hispanics are 19 times more likely than young whites (and slightly more likely than young blacks) to be in youth gangs."

    -amren.com

    These are facts. Stop fooling yourself.

    Im sure you speak from a real position of authority on Los Angeles living back there in your red state....Since I work in the criminal justice system in Los Angeles I can tell you that you are spreading some real disinformation. Yes, Los Angeles has a large, very large, hispanic community. In some areas gang life is part of the culture. But it is also present in the black AND white community. Hispanics may make up a larger % of warrants because they typically have a home country to go back to. Not so of whites or blacks. So much for that statistic. As for the other arguments you put forth, the issue is not one of language or culture, so much as it is poverty. The reality is that white kids usually have the economic resources so that they do not have to revert to crime or drugs, though many are still doing so in numbers that are totally unacceptable. Given the vast discrepancy in resources between whites and hispanics (whether legal or illegal) I think a 3-5% difference is quite astoundingly low. The vast majority of spanish speaking immigrants who were either born here or immigrated here are truly hard working people trying to make a better life. The black community also has an unacceptably high number of its youth in the criminal justice system. Now they are here legally, because they were dragged here by our white ancestors, but many are involved in gangs, drugs, etc. They speak English. So why does that community have so many young people incarcerated? Would you deport them as well? The answer is poverty...Plain and simple. It has no language or racial barriers. That is the difference.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,055
    "In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens."
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

    "Hispanics are 3.3 times more likely to be in prison than whites; they are 4.2 times more likely to be in prison for murder, and 5.8 times more likely to be in prison for felony drug crimes.

    Young Hispanics are 19 times more likely than young whites (and slightly more likely than young blacks) to be in youth gangs."

    -amren.com

    These are facts. Stop fooling yourself.

    Why not quote facts from a neutral website, as opposed to some far right propoganda website?
  • Hispanics might have a higher crime rate than the general population but there would be many ethinc groups that fit into that category. Australian Aboringes for instance have a much higher crime rate than the general population? Should we deport our first people? Obviously not.......
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

    Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

    So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Can I ask a question please?

    Why are there White supremicist groups and no black or other supremacy groups? Not that any of these groups should be allowed to exist at all, but is up with that...?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Can I ask a question please?

    Why are there White supremicist groups and no black or other supremacy groups? Not that any of these groups should be allowed to exist at all, but is up with that...?


    There are, they just aren't treated the same in the media.

    basically if you're living your life focusing on the pigmentation of your own skin and the pigmentation of other peoples skin you're a fucking loser and you're probably a pretty stupid one at that.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,528
    this is what happens when you live in a fundamentalist country where the gap between rich and poor is high and the value of oneself is measured in wealth
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 11,592
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    There are, they just aren't treated the same in the media.

    basically if you're living your life focusing on the pigmentation of your own skin and the pigmentation of other peoples skin or yours or other peoples genatals you're a fucking loser and you're probably a pretty stupid one at that.


    Well said.

    Our focus on color all the time...affirmative action, 1st black coach to win a superbowl, etc. unfortunately has some very negative reactions ... ie white power groups.

    Every action has an equal reaction...by givning benefits for being a certain color it will create resentment. It can lead to some great things...ie Civil rights movement...and some terrible things...ie KKK, gangs, etc.

    And then you just have the idiots that Pac describes.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 11,592
    polaris wrote:
    this is what happens when you live in a fundamentalist country where the gap between rich and poor is high and the value of oneself is measured in wealth

    Money certainly is an aspect of this, but your high and mighty attitude pisses me off.

    Canada and every other country deals with the same divisions based on race, religions, etc...just ask some Native North Amercians up there.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • "The illegal immigrant population is full of crime and lack of education.


    That is such a massive generalisation! You've totally undermined any credibility you might have had with this comment, imo.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14-07-1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18-06-2007
    London, O2, 18-08-2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31-07-2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11-07-2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06-06-2017
    London, O2, 18-06-2018
    London, O2, 17-07-2018


  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Hispanics might have a higher crime rate than the general population but there would be many ethinc groups that fit into that category. Australian Aboringes for instance have a much higher crime rate than the general population? Should we deport our first people? Obviously not.......

    Is there a certain population of Aborigines (that grows at a rate of about 300,000 per year) in Australia who are illegal immigrants?
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Well said.

    Our focus on color all the time...affirmative action, 1st black coach to win a superbowl, etc. unfortunately has some very negative reactions ... ie white power groups.

    Every action has an equal reaction...by givning benefits for being a certain color it will create resentment. It can lead to some great things...ie Civil rights movement...and some terrible things...ie KKK, gangs, etc.

    And then you just have the idiots that Pac describes.
    You're right, when you focus on color, white power groups tend to get a little more vocal; but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Pull them out into the public eye for all to see. Stare at them. Like roaches, exposure, in the long run, won't do these groups any favors. The rise mentioned in the first post is a reaction. After all the attention has subsided, I believe they'll actually be less white supremacists here than before.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    "The illegal immigrant population is full of crime and lack of education.


    That is such a massive generalisation! You've totally undermined any credibility you might have had with this comment, imo.

    Name for me one illegal immigrant who has not broken the law.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 11,592
    "The illegal immigrant population is full of crime and lack of education.


    That is such a massive generalisation! You've totally undermined any credibility you might have had with this comment, imo.


    Not totally true...they are ILLEGAL immigrants so 100% of them are criminals, no? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 11,592
    zstillings wrote:
    Name for me one illegal immigrant who has not broken the law.

    Crap, you beat me to it...as usual.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • zstillings wrote:
    Name for me one illegal immigrant who has not broken the law.

    I'm not sure, but has a child who has been taken across the border by his parents broken the law?
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I'm not sure, but has a child who has been taken across the border by his parents broken the law?

    Technically, yes. I feel for him but technically, he is still in this country illegally.
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,528
    Money certainly is an aspect of this, but your high and mighty attitude pisses me off.

    Canada and every other country deals with the same divisions based on race, religions, etc...just ask some Native North Amercians up there.

    the only attitude u feel is what you project onto yourself ... that wasn't a we are better than you statement ... interpreting that is probably why we so often disagree ...

    we have similar problems here but the reality is - is that america is becoming more and more a fundamentalist country - and divides whether they be spiritual or race or gender or wealth do not work well in that type of system ...
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,528
    zstillings wrote:
    Name for me one illegal immigrant who has not broken the law.

    name me any person who hasn't broken the law
  • zstillings wrote:
    Name for me one illegal immigrant who has not broken the law.



    It doesn't matter. It’s these kinds of poor sweeping generalisations about huge swathes of people that causes problems and influences far-right types who can’t think for themselves. These generalisations comes round over and over again, throughout history. Same crap different group.

    Not long ago, (and still now in fact), black people were seen as "full of crime and lack of education" just because they were black. That was the reason, their colour. I’ve even seen that attitude on this board sometimes.

    There's always a reason for more powerful or mainstream groups to pick on an outsider group, and if they don't have a reason they invent one. If the high numbers of Mexicans weren’t illegal they’d probably be slammed for something else: eg: for being on benefits or having low intelligence or something, which is what happened to the Irish. (remember the Englishman, Scottishman, Irishman jokes anyone?). It even happens to poor single mums for god’s sake!

    It also creates a self-fulfilling prophecy, especially amongst younger generations who feel that they can’t do anything right because they are always targeted by the authorities with the attitude that they are bad. So they end up being “bad”, getting into drugs and gangs etc, just to survive. Which in turn reinforces the negative views of their critics and reaffirms their own beliefs that they are bad.

    IMO sweeping negative generalisations of a particular group, regardless of any truth, is one of the reasons why there are disprortionately high numbers of Mexicans and blacks in the criminal justice system – not because they are both inherently “bad” ethnicities, but because some people choose to see them as such, such as the authorities, the establishment, mainsteam society etc, and target them as such over white groups. It’s easier to judge others, especially if they are different to you, than look at underlying factors, such as poverty, discrimination and inequality of opportunities. I agree with polaris on this aspect.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14-07-1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18-06-2007
    London, O2, 18-08-2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31-07-2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11-07-2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06-06-2017
    London, O2, 18-06-2018
    London, O2, 17-07-2018


  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    It doesn't matter. It’s these kinds of poor sweeping generalisations about huge swathes of people that causes problems and influences far-right types who can’t think for themselves. These generalisations comes round over and over again, throughout history. Same crap different group.

    Not long ago, (and still now in fact), black people were seen as "full of crime and lack of education" just because they were black. That was the reason, their colour. I’ve even seen that attitude on this board sometimes.

    There's always a reason for more powerful or mainstream groups to pick on an outsider group, and if they don't have a reason they invent one. If the high numbers of Mexicans weren’t illegal they’d probably be slammed for something else: eg: for being on benefits or having low intelligence or something, which is what happened to the Irish. (remember the Englishman, Scottishman, Irishman jokes anyone?). It even happens to poor single mums for god’s sake!

    It also creates a self-fulfilling prophecy, especially amongst younger generations who feel that they can’t do anything right because they are always targeted by the authorities with the attitude that they are bad. So they end up being “bad”, getting into drugs and gangs etc, just to survive. Which in turn reinforces the negative views of their critics and reaffirms their own beliefs that they are bad.

    IMO sweeping negative generalisations of a particular group, regardless of any truth, is one of the reasons why there are disprortionately high numbers of Mexicans and blacks in the criminal justice system – not because they are both inherently “bad” ethnicities, but because some people choose to see them as such, such as the authorities, the establishment, mainsteam society etc, and target them as such over white groups. It’s easier to judge others, especially if they are different to you, than look at underlying factors, such as poverty, discrimination and inequality of opportunities. I agree with polaris on this aspect.

    It's not a sweeping generalization. It's a definition. There is a huge difference. The rest of your post is moot concerning the topic of illegal immigration.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    polaris wrote:
    name me any person who hasn't broken the law

    I really can't think of one off the top of my head. There are too damn many laws that need to be repealed. I was saying though that 100% of illegal immigrants are breaking the law constantly.
Sign In or Register to comment.