Options

Stock market

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    for giggles I follow Berkshire Hathaway A and B.  A had a high of 344,xxx at one point in Jan,  I believe. its currently at 270k per share
    Yup! Same here. I paper traded it last year to fool around. It was very predictable and I banked 70k in 2 months. What a rush (even though it wasn’t real) 
    So they are sitting a shit ton of ready liquid cash. what do they do? buy it all back at bottom? then rerelease on the upswing?
    That's a smart thing to do only they borrow the money so they don't touch their coffers.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    mrussel1 said:
    Trading halted again.  Hellllllloooo recession.  Now this does need to be mitigated.  Recessions always hit the working/lower class the hardest.  During the 2008 recession, unemployment for those with a college education never surpassed 5%.  For those without, it was 12%. 
    So it once again seems the repubs inherit a golden opportunity after the dems fix everything, they come back and fuck everything up again. Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama to Team Trump Treason. Third times a charm I guess but why the fuck do the voters trust repubs with the economy?
    You know 2A ,Abortion,immigrants,gays on&on they are the party of the chosen ☝️ 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Will tomorrow be the "dead cat bounce" rally?

Still at -1700 on the day.
  • Options
    So, looking for the silver lining.

Does Netflix and Hulu stock jump up?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mickeyrat said:
    for giggles I follow Berkshire Hathaway A and B.  A had a high of 344,xxx at one point in Jan,  I believe. its currently at 270k per share
    “If you stick around long enough, you’ll see everything in markets,” he said from his Omaha headquarters. “And it may have taken me to 89 years of age to throw this one into the experience, but the markets, if you have to be open second by second, they react to news in a big time way.”

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    So, looking for the silver lining.

Does Netflix and Hulu stock jump up?
    Health stocks for two reasons:
    1. the obvious
    2. Sanders essentially out

I don't watch those stocks enough, but it stands to reason.  I wouldn't worry about Google and Amazon long term either.  
  • Options
    -1995 to settle at 21,557.

Actual rally tomorrow or dead cat bounce?

I see a huge downtrend coming for at least a quarter.
  • Options

I see tomorrow as flat to slightly up by days end.  Where are we now?  Down 25%?  Yikes.  I don't know that that we have a ton to go on the free fall.  Maybe another 1000 to 1500, so long as the world doesn't end. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I see tomorrow as flat to slightly up by days end.  Where are we now?  Down 25%?  Yikes.  I don't know that that we have a ton to go on the free fall.  Maybe another 1000 to 1500, so long as the world doesn't end. 
    Dow theory says there is Friday rally.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

How many times is this dead cat gonna bounce?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah I know, but this isn't normal.  I hope your'e right, but I wouldn't buy right now.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah I know, but this isn't normal.  I hope your'e right, but I wouldn't buy right now.  
    Agreed. I’m waiting. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    So when does the Fed throw in that 1.5 trillion? I hope it hasn't went in today, because it did sweet fuck all. Markets down 10% in one day can't be great.

Also, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

OMG.

Smoke em if ya got em boys.

The world is on fire.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    I'd say we'll be looking up at 20k tomorrow when the day ends. No reason to rally yet. Nothing has changed and now the leak that Trump purposely delayed testing to keep numbers low won't help anything. He'll be in rare twitter rant form and we'll spiral into the weekend the week before a majority of schools and all sports leagues will be in limbo.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dignin said:

How many times is this dead cat gonna bounce?
    Dead Cat Bounce is the rally you get when you have down days.  I don't see it as one if it happens during a normal trading day, that's just volatility.

I see there to be a rally today then the downfall continues Monday.  This downfall is going to happen for a good month or two until the virus scare is gone and people can start functioning as normal again.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    So when does the Fed throw in that 1.5 trillion? I hope it hasn't went in today, because it did sweet fuck all. Markets down 10% in one day can't be great.

Last recession they threw money at the economy and it didn't even make a budge.

Something I never understood was where are they "pumping" money to?  Who's getting that 1.3?  Give that money to the people and shit would happen.  That would be $4300 a person.  Could be more if you give it to just working people.

If I hear Trump say Quantitative Easing then I know we are really screwed...
  • Options
    dignin said:

Something I never understood was where are they "pumping" money to?  Who's getting that 1.3?  Give that money to the people and shit would happen.  That would be $4300 a person.  Could be more if you give it to just working people.

Quantitative easing works, but it works when the money supply is tight and people don't want to lend.  This was the case after 2008. I'm not sure that's the case at this point.  This is currently a supply issue.  It will move to a demand issue once the jobs start peeling away.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,907
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Quantitative easing works, but it works when the money supply is tight and people don't want to lend.  This was the case after 2008. I'm not sure that's the case at this point.  This is currently a supply issue.  It will move to a demand issue once the jobs start peeling away.  
    its also needed correction from an inflated valuation due to buybacks after the greatest taxcut any nation has ever seen. it was the best. just the best...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,668
    Dead cat bouncing
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I bought some Apple today for literally no reason other than thinking that it has to go back to where it was once this is all over.

Throwing darts at a board at this point.
  • Options
    Under 22 seems to be the right play for the week.  The 'rally' has been peetering out all morning.  I'm still going with my guess from yesterday that the market will end flat to slightly up. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    Expect it to plummet after Trump talks at 3pm, unless he can somehow get it right this time. He should actually wait until the market closes to speak at this point. Today hasn't been bad.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Expect it to plummet after Trump talks at 3pm, unless he can somehow get it right this time. He should actually wait until the market closes to speak at this point. Today hasn't been bad.
    I saw that as bad timing too.  Unless he says that everyone gets a check for 5K I can't picture it going all that well.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Under 22 seems to be the right play for the week.  The 'rally' has been peetering out all morning.  I'm still going with my guess from yesterday that the market will end flat to slightly up. 
    Yes, you would be right.  It was a rally I expected.  
  • Options
    Jesus tap dancing Christ, can someone please get this fucking guy to just shut the hell up already?!?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    tbergs said:
    They need to keep his mouth shut.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    He is the guy in the meeting room that shows up 15 minutes late completely unprepared, dominates everything and cuts off anything people are trying to say with complete nonsense, pays no attention, and then walks out....

And people in the middle of this country think this what a 'Big Time NYC Businessman is'.

He is the guy that any serious NYC professional rolls their eyes at, and has everyone laugh at behind their backs.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    Saltzy23 said:
    He is the guy in the meeting room that shows up 15 minutes late completely unprepared, dominates everything and cuts off anything people are trying to say with complete nonsense, pays no attention, and then walks out....

And people in the middle of this country think this what a 'Big Time NYC Businessman is'.

He is the guy that any serious NYC professional rolls their eyes at, and has everyone laugh at behind their backs.
    And Trump know's he is the guy people laugh at behind his back. That is why he is so incredibly insecure...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Is Trump waiting to address people after the markets close?