Options

Homosexuals

Comments

• Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    hippiemom wrote:
    Someone had better alert the Utah Attorney General, because his web site states otherwise.

http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/polygamy.html

maybe not legal but not prosecuted.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Since when? The Mormon church got rid of polygamy specifically because of force from the federal gov't. They excommunicate members practicing plural marriage.

i live in northern AZ and i see it.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    maybe not legal but not prosecuted.
    Polygamous families enjoy none of the legal protections of marriage. I don't see how the fact that some people in Utah live in groups has any bearing on this discussion.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    i live in northern AZ and i see it.

It is not condoned by the church in SLC. There are splinter groups - sects - who have been excommunicated and still practice it, but it is neither legal, nor accepted. And the AG in Utah will prosecute.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    know1 wrote:
    Getting back to one of the original comments - to make the statement that homosexuality will be proven to be genetic is to be very close-minded and not have a grasp on reality (or to have some kind of personal agenda).

Let's be honest, the reasons people do things run the entire spectrum from genetics to whatever. Furthermore, people have a choice to act on their impulses or not.

You can't just make a blanket statement that every gay person was genetically programmed that way and that they have no choice but to act on it.

That's right, brain chemistry and thought control are a two-way street. Our brains produce thought and we choose which ones are acted upon or cherished and also which ones are subdued and ignored. The brain is adaptive and when we act on a thought or subdue it changes the way our brains function. If we repeatedly tell ourselves it's ok to eat feces, then in our minds it will be ok. Whereas most of us have been conditioned to disagree with eating feces, so the thoughts never enter our minds, or the thoughts are subdued immediately upon their creation. This is true in a variety of different ways. Certainly our brain chemistry is responsible for the production of thought content, but also our thoughts are responsible for our brain chemistry.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    vmfury wrote:
    Because people are assholes. Plain and simple.

This world will never be easy to live in and people will never mind their own business because the majority are sheep. Hence "society". The only thing to do is try your best to be a good person and treat others the way you want to be treated. A motto EVERYONE should live by.

great post.....hard but true.....god bless religion.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    That's right, brain chemistry and thought control are a two-way street. Our brains produce thought and we choose which ones are acted upon or cherished and also which ones are subdued and ignored. The brain is adaptive and when we act on a thought or subdue it changes the way our brains function. If we repeatedly tell ourselves it's ok to eat feces, then in our minds it will be ok. Whereas most of us have been conditioned to disagree with eating feces, so the thoughts never enter our minds, or the thoughts are subdued immediately upon their creation. This is true in a variety of different ways. Certainly our brain chemistry is responsible for the production of thought content, but also our thoughts are responsible for our brain chemistry.

i still haven't heard an explaination about people who become gay as a result of enviornment. as part of the drug culture; a lot of friends have gone to jail. many have come out gay. i saw a girl on the tv last week who became gay after experimenting when her boyfriend hurt her. her girlfriend cheated on her and she said: "i'm going back to men". by deffinition she's bi; but how can she turn off one to go to the other if it's genetics?
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Since when? The Mormon church got rid of polygamy specifically because of force from the federal gov't. They excommunicate members practicing plural marriage.

colorado city has been in the news a lot and it's because the leader is indited for sexual contact with a minor and arranging marriages with minors. not for poligamy. also; the residents are not being prosecuted for polygamy. true; poligamists don't enjoy the same rights and advantages of marriage as we know it; but either do gays and thus brings us to the discussion. if gays get these rights; why not polygamists? polyigamy is illegal because a woman cannot marry another woman and visa-versa. thus; to have two wives; you cannot expect the same rights unless a man can marry both wives and both wives marry eachother. can you understand the doors it would open?
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    I didn't say it wouldn't. As you say, the divirce rate is off the charts. Its absolutely obscene as is the number of single parents (I am not disrespecting single parents, I am actually quite amazed by the ones who pull it off successfully). This, i feel is in large part, due to the declining esteem of marriage as a institution and comittment. People simply have no respect for it anymore. It is regarded as no big deal. By stretching the boundaries of marriage, I think we would only enhance and strengthen this "no big deal" attitude that is already destroying marriage.

People that hate the crap out of each other...and women that get abused by their husbands will respect the sanctity of marriage and make it work.........(-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

I'm a flaming hetro.....no matter how many homo friends I have...no matter how many gay bars I've been too...(quite a few) I will never be a homosexual....women are powerful...to me. Just as men are for other men....if you feel that this can be changed....that some how you being around gay pride parades and gay people can change you.....I'm thinking your probably not fufilled in you present orientation....you have some experimenting to do....(-: I love this thread.
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    I'm a flaming hetro.....no matter how many homo friends I have...no matter how many gay bars I've been too...(quite a few) I will never be a homosexual....women are powerful...to me. Just as men are for other men....if you feel that this can be changed....that some how you being around gay pride parades and gay people can change you.....I'm thinking your probably not fufilled in you present orientation....you have some experimenting to do....(-: I love this thread.

I'm not saying simply being involved in the gay community can make you gay. Unfortunately pscyhology isn't that simple. If you were born in an asylum of gay men and knew nothing but homosexuality however, the likelihood of being gay would be quite high I imagine.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm not saying simply being involved in the gay community can make you gay. Unfortunately pscyhology isn't that simple. If you were born in an asylum of gay men and knew nothing but homosexuality however, the likelihood of being gay would be quite high I imagine.

I'm one that thinks its chemical...not learned. When I smell a woman....see the proportions....I know. Its clear...no gray area. Now your example was a very good one....like it...but lets say you were born in a gay community..and only males were there.....you may act...but it wouldn't be satisfying....very unfuffiling....but as soon as you left and saw a female...smelled her, saw how she moved...you'd be hooked.......you'd make the switch and never turn back.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Ahnimus wrote:

How do you get born in an asylum of gay men? Wouldn't there have to be a straight chick and guy in there somewhere?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    I'm one that thinks its chemical...not learned. When I smell a woman....see the proportions....I know. Its clear...no gray area. Now your example was a very good one....like it...but lets say you were born in a gay community..and only males were there.....you may act...but it wouldn't be satisfying....very unfuffiling....but as soon as you left and saw a female...smelled her, saw how she moved...you'd be hooked.......you'd make the switch and never turn back.

I doubt it. Of course that kind of experiment would be inhumane. Possibly if we could find a handful of gay lab mice we could do it.

A lot of the peptides in our brains are regulated by the amount we compliment them. Why would this be any different?
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    brain of c wrote:
    i'm not homosexual........but if there's money in it.......

Or money up it?

As a straight man, I'm amazed that the issue of adult same-sex love, in all its shapes and forms, is even an issue that upsets other straight people. If people are gay, bisexual, curious, or just making their nightly hand shandy more unusual, good luck to them! When did love ever hurt anyone, if it was consensual? If you're straight, that's your bag. If other people have other bags, or jump from bag to bag, well, you're not so unsure of them - or yourself - that you'd fear you'd be made to jump too, with them, if you're not so inclined?
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    As more and more proof is pointing towards genetics as the cause of homosexuality, I think it'll be interesting to see what all of these bible-thumping homophobes will have to say.

Im not sure I really buy that "genetics as the cause of homosexuality" thing in all cases. Sure, it may explain some cases but...I don't know.

I have nothing against gay people...but I'm totally against promoting homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle path to take for our younger generation. Acceptance of people that are homosexual is the key...promoting gay lifestyle should not be.

And before people point fingers at bible thumpers...take a look at evolution theory...homsexuality just does'nt fit...it does'nt belong.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    I know this has been brought up before, but I'm reminded of when interacial marriages were not only looked at as wrong, but illegal. People don't care about one another. They care about what they perceive as right. If anything new comes around, they can't stand the thought of change.
  • Options
    Im not sure I really buy that "genetics as the cause of homosexuality" thing in all cases. Sure, it may explain some cases but...I don't know.

I have nothing against gay people...but I'm totally against promoting homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle path to take for our younger generation. Acceptance of people that are homosexual is the key...promoting gay lifestyle should not be.

And before people point fingers at bible thumpers...take a look at evolution theory...homsexuality just does'nt fit...it does'nt belong.

you're right. it doesn't fit. and genetics doesn't explain bisexuality. maybe there's an: any port in a storm gene. if they stopped trying to justify their lifestyle and keep their sex lives to themselves like everyone else; the problem would be solved.
  • Options
    I know this has been brought up before, but I'm reminded of when interacial marriages were not only looked at as wrong, but illegal. People don't care about one another. They care about what they perceive as right. If anything new comes around, they can't stand the thought of change.

murder was thought to be bad but now you have to commit murder to be accepted into most gangs. they see murder as perfectly acceptable. this is off the subject but inline with your reasoning.
    before anyone says homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone; there are several medical reasons why it does.
  • Options
    you're right. it doesn't fit. and genetics doesn't explain bisexuality. maybe there's an: any port in a storm gene. if they stopped trying to justify their lifestyle and keep their sex lives to themselves like everyone else; the problem would be solved.

Exactly!

And somehow disliking homosexuality or choosing not to associate one's self with homosexuals has been coined a phobia and people are campaigning against this "phobia". If they just shut up and fuck, I wouldn't care.
  • Options
    murder was thought to be bad but now you have to commit murder to be accepted into most gangs. they see murder as perfectly acceptable. this is off the subject but inline with your reasoning.
    before anyone says homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone; there are several medical reasons why it does.

Heh? I don't get it. I was talking about two people loving each other, regardless of what they look like, how they are, etc. Can you explain what you were trying to say better?
  • Options
    Heh? I don't get it. I was talking about two people loving each other, regardless of what they look like, how they are, etc. Can you explain what you were trying to say better?

anal sex hurts...
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Exactly!

And somehow disliking homosexuality or choosing not to associate one's self with homosexuals has been coined a phobia and people are campaigning against this "phobia". If they just shut up and fuck, I wouldn't care.

They have to justify their lifestyle. If they want the same rights as other people they do. How can people completely keep their sexuality to themselves?
  • Options
    They have to justify their lifestyle. If they want the same rights as other people they do. How can people completely keep their sexuality to themselves?

Homosexuality is as justified as depression. Except, it was taken out of the list of mental disorders by gay activism. Science knows it's a disorder. They don't have to prove anything to me, just leave me alone.

Why is it that as soon as men pronounce themselves gay, they start waving their hands like a chick? And start talking with a lisp or something else that is gay? It's part of psychology, they think that's how gay men act. A gay guy couldn't just be attracted to other men, they have to act like fags.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Homosexuality is as justified as depression. Except, it was taken out of the list of mental disorders by gay activism. Science knows it's a disorder. They don't have to prove anything to me, just leave me alone.

Why is it that as soon as men pronounce themselves gay, they start waving their hands like a chick? And start talking with a lisp or something else that is gay? It's part of psychology, they think that's how gay men act. A gay guy couldn't just be attracted to other men, they have to act like fags.

I know plenty of homosexuals who don't fall into the sterotypes. Do me a favor, atleast respect ME enough not to use the word "fag", please? Anyway, I'm saying you have to listen to homosexuals justify their lifestlye not because they want too, but because they are required to. It goes back to my earlier example of a black person and a white person trying to get married.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Ahnimus wrote:
    anal sex hurts...

and you would KNOW this HOW? hahahahaha
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    I know plenty of homosexuals who don't fall into the sterotypes. Do me a favor, atleast respect ME enough not to use the word "fag", please? Anyway, I'm saying you have to listen to homosexuals justify their lifestlye not because they want too, but because they are required to. It goes back to my earlier example of a black person and a white person trying to get married.

Are you brittish or something? I don't like any of the words "fag", "queer", "gay", etc.. they are all ripped off from other meanings, pisses me right off. I can't read a book from the 1950's without one of those words popping up a thousand times.

Anyway, I guess they have to fight for their rights in the same respect pedophiles fight for their rights. It's sexual preference right? As long as the infant is enjoying it an consents, it should be ok right? Is it impossible to recognize it as a mental disorder? So schizophrenics are normal? I don't understand it, I should have known logic and reasoning wasn't residing within a thread titled "Homosexuality".
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    and you would KNOW this HOW? hahahahaha

Testimonials :p

Pick up a book on anal sex, eww, I read some information from health sciences. It's disgusting.
  • Options

through out time; things have changed. i remember when being straight meant you didn't do drugs. and gay meant happy. long ago; it was accepted for shepards to have sex with their animals. loving is something different. i love my parents but wouldn't think of having sex with them.
    sodomy streaches out the anus muscles and before long; the anus will not seal in the feces. what results is a dripping of feces and digestive fluids. that's one way it's medically harmful.
    if you loved someone; would you want to hurt them in that manner?
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Testimonials :p

Pick up a book on anal sex, eww, I read some information from health sciences. It's disgusting.

yeah right, sure. now we all know that your homophobia stems from your lover man not using enough lube!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~