Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    lets hope 10c comes through, but there are no guarantees. i still can't believe anyone paid $800 for that poster. its cool, but its not that cool.

It's not a quarter that cool. I would pay what it's worth $25.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    Kind of wierd that Ames put on sale all those Ireland/UK posters (and sold out of them) before the UK show..
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    nimsu8 wrote:
    Kind of wierd that Ames put on sale all those Ireland/UK posters (and sold out of them) before the UK show..

why is that weird?

they sold out of the s/n edition of the posters. they sell the unsigned/unnumbered versions at the venue.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    nimsu8 wrote:

It's kind of wierd that Ames keeps on getting contracts to design posters for PJ.

I would like to see PJ have fans submit designs for each individual show.

A lot of the Ames posters just dont do it for me.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    Jammin909 wrote:
    It's kind of wierd that Ames keeps on getting contracts to design posters for PJ.

i believe the term is "nepotism" :)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i believe the term is "nepotism" :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Really???
    :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Really???
    :p

you're a trouble maker, you know that? ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    okay , so its not pearl jam- but still- it is a poster,...
    http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/newsMeolaposter.jpg

HEROES ON THE WALL
    Available now: new BTR poster benefits NJ FoodBank
    Here at Backstreet Records, one of the items we get the most requests for is a Born to Run poster. Guess what -- your wish is our command! Actually, it's thanks to the generosity of BTR photographer Eric Meola that what you see above can be coming to a wall near you. Not only is Meola donating his proceeds from his upcoming book, Born to Run: The Unseen Photos, to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, he has also created this spectacular poster to benefit them as well. As pictured, the image is an alternate shot of Bruce and Clarence from the cover session, beautifully reproduced as a 20" x 30" poster on 100 lb. glossy stock. This poster is a Backstreets exclusive, available here and only here, with all proceeds going to the FoodBank. Order yours now!

You can also pre-order Born to Run: The Unseen Photos now in our online shop: the standard edition (due Oct. 10) or the limited edition (due Nov. 14). We expect demand for latter to be high, with a numbered edition of only 1,350. Guarantee a copy by ordering now!
    This fall, many of the "Unseen Photos" will be on display in Birmingham, England. Meola's first-ever gallery exhibition of his Bruce Springsteen photographs will feature 35 large black & white prints. Coiniciding with the Seeger Sessions Band's return to the UK, the exhibition begins on Saturday, November 11. Visit the Snap Galleries website for more details.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    i love bruce, but did you ever see the SNL skit where sandler does his impersonation of him?

classic. they keep cutting to clips of the sax player clapping his hands during the dancing in the dark video.
    i love bruce, but did you ever see the SNL skit where sandler does his impersonation of him?

classic. they keep cutting to clips of the sax player clapping his hands during the dancing in the dark video.

yeah i have seen his spoof of the boss.

speaking of SNL- appears to be a major shakeup over there- Tina Fey and Rachel Dratch have left to start the sitcom for NBC - and i heard the're ready to fire Chris Parnel and Horatio Snaz ( ? -- dunno why ) and they offered Maya Rudolph to leave on her own accord.( before they fire her )
    wtf ? as if the show isnt poor enugh ? ? ? amy poehler & Fred Armitsen are the only funny players remaining,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    Hello all.

Not posted in this thread before but i picked up a second poster
    at dublin show.
    I have no intention of ebaying it as i picked it up for sole intention of trying
    to get the toronto Klausen as i keep getting outbid on e-bay amd realistically won't spend a fortune on it.
    In my eyes they don't compare but it's far from an eyesore.
    maybe some non european poster collector who will have no access to euro show posters might be up for some sort of a deal.
    I will be also going to paris show and provided i can get 2 there 1 will be one up for grabs also.
    If anyone wants a 2 for 1 ((my 2 for 1) or 1 for 1 with a little sweetner,drop me a line and obviously you would have to see the paris one first and provided i can get 2.
    I had to get in line twice in dublin which was good as some prick in front of me asked for 6.It was very strict 1 only.
    Not sure if this sort of thing is regular in here or not but i'm sure you all will correct me.

poster is mint by the way.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    speaking of SNL - seth myers is now head writer, and everyone else is changing including the director all the way to the lighting guy who has been there since the first show (actually he is being kept on as a consultant), they are scaling back the cast because there were just too many characters last season
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
    why is that weird?

they sold out of the s/n edition of the posters. they sell the unsigned/unnumbered versions at the venue.

guess it's not really that wierd, but it would stink if you go to the UK show (and not Ireland) and get shut out of a poster there and get all excited to try and get one online and find they were already on sale there
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

• whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Is there going to be a poster for Leeds tonight?? I know nothing was included in the Ames sub. But possibly a different artisit? Any word??
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • evilbobevilbob Posts: 37
    The "Dublin" poster is for all the UK & Ireland shows, Dublin, Leeds and Reading.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    and ninersfan just happened to be the seller.

unreal indeed.

i would bet my copy of that DC poster that he bids on his own stuff to keep jacking the price up. why else would the bidders ID be kept private?

Im really suss of an ebayer that keeps the auction private.....
    For some reason I think they arent normally to be trusted...
    For those people who bought the Euro 06 Sub, have you recieved an email confirmation or 'hit' against your credit card? I did for the Tom Petty/PJ set, but not for Euro yet. Kind of concerned :(

nimsu8 wrote:
    For those people who bought the Euro 06 Sub, have you recieved an email confirmation or 'hit' against your credit card? I did for the Tom Petty/PJ set, but not for Euro yet. Kind of concerned :(

ive got the reverse-
    received for euro tour,

no mail for TPvsPJ yet,...

they must be swamped .

poor jenne
    platessmall.jpg
  • McDungMcDung Posts: 27
    It's fun to read this item's description about it's Buy It Now's price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150026767533&fromMakeTrack=true
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    McDung wrote:
    It's fun to read this item's description about it's Buy It Now's price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150026767533&fromMakeTrack=true

I dont hate him for doing it... if the market bares what he's asking good for him. Wish I could get a hold of that poster though :(.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    I dont hate him for doing it... if the market bares what he's asking good for him. Wish I could get a hold of that poster though :(.

funny, the description says stored flat in mylar, but yet theres still books and various other items holding down the edges.
    :confused:
    hmmm....
    platessmall.jpg
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    funny, the description says stored flat in mylar, but yet theres still books and various other items holding down the edges.
    :confused:
    hmmm....

perhaps it still curls up? *shrug*
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ive got the reverse-
    received for euro tour,

no mail for TPvsPJ yet,...

they must be swamped .

poor jenne

Actually, I hear Jenne is on maternity leave. It's Susie now. She seems pretty cool.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    Digressing to Sub #2. I still have a Pittsburgh S/N available if anyone is interested. I'll sell it at cost of course.
    perhaps it still curls up? *shrug*

mylar should hold it down flat. that shit is sturdy.
  • McDungMcDung Posts: 27
    That seller is funny

Q: The poster that sold for $810.00 was shill bid up to that amount by the seller...it wasn't a real bid. These are only going for $400.00. One just sold moments ago for $330. Just don't want to see you lose out...
    Aug-26-06

A: Dear 10_pearljam, I bet I can guess what your favorite Pearl Jam album is... A ninersfan001 -auction- that involved shill bidding...say it isn't so. Has this happened before with ninerfan001? I thought shill bidding was against eBay rules. Now I'm upset, I should've used the same private auction tactics to help increase my profit. Plus it would've kept my bidders safe from the barrage of spam emails they are bound to get from others trying to sell posters. /insert sarcasm smiley here, or that smiley that rolls it's eyes/ Regarding the poster that was just sold for $330: I am hoping that my auction will prove that seller clearly took the wrong approach. He went with the Tug-On-Heart-Strings approach. I'm taking the Give-Me-You-Money-And-I-Won't-Bore-You-With-A-Sad-Story approach, also known as pure, straight up greed. The seller had a reason other than money to sell the poster (but managed to sell it to the highest bidder on eBay). They expressed the difficulty of parting with the poster. But, he had to move and he couldn't display it in his new house...the seller was trying to send it to a good home so he didn't have to live with the shame of having this poster packed away...probably in a Broadart box, or a mylar sleeve, or whatever chemical free archival technique of his pleasure. Again, I just want the cash. I'm glad you don't want to see me lose out. Thanks for the sentiment. Your pal, fan_of_pearl_jam p.s. I've decided to ship this poster for FREE if you use the Buy It Now option...my generosity knows no bounds.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    nimsu8 wrote:

I bought both together and recieved an email with both orders included in my confirmation.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    This morning I awoke to realize i drunkenly became the high bidder on a gorge 2 poster the previous night for $114 dollars... I hope someone outbids me.... well i guess it could be worse...could have bid on a camden 2
  • nimsu8 wrote:

I STILL have not received a confirmation email regarding my Euro sub (didn't buy the Petty)...and had not received a "hit" on my credit card as of noon today (Saturday). However, I just checked my credit card again, at 5pm CST and I have indeed been charged for the Euro sub. But, again, to this point I have not yet received a confirmation email of any kind.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
    skere26 wrote:
    This morning I awoke to realize i drunkenly became the high bidder on a gorge 2 poster the previous night for $114 dollars... I hope someone outbids me.... well i guess it could be worse...could have bid on a camden 2

I actually really like gorge 2. getting it framed