ugh

:rolleyes:

bath, you are such a cocktease.

thanks for nothin'.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bath, you are such a cocktease.

thanks for nothin'.

im sorry pal

"i caught you this delicious bass,....".
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    too quiet on the poster front ! :eek:

where are our tubes,..

and please, more importantly---

where is Santos ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    too quiet on the poster front ! :eek:

where are our tubes,..

and please, more importantly---

where is Santos ? :confused:

plus....will there be a leg 2 sub from Ames?
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Barry at Ames has been saying over at BRY that " they really turned it up for this set "

so what does everyone think.

did they really turn it up

or did he mean Leg 2 ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    kramer73 wrote:
    plus....will there be a leg 2 sub from Ames?
    eventually
    platessmall.jpg
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    Bathgate66 wrote:

or did he mean Leg 2 ?

there were some nuggets from ames. GR, boston1, camden1, cleveland. overall, i'm pleased.

hopefully leg2 is even suiter though, ie: santa barbara
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    Bathgate66 wrote:

or did he mean Leg 2 ?

well, I think the Ames posters were pretty good for the most part.

The problem is that we have all the Klausens to compare them to.
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Bathgate66 wrote:

or did he mean Leg 2 ?

I'm not sure this is what you would call turning it up an notch.

http://www.foyles.co.uk/foyles/display.asp?K=510000000386122&aub=Mark%20Haworth-Booth&m=13&dc=16.

http://expressobeans.com/images.php?art=19909

cough,
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    Bathgate66 wrote:

this guy is gonna hate me,...

I don't hate you...not at all.
    I'm disappointed because I've wanted the MSG in my collection for a long time...to keep in my collection. I'm not a dealer, I'm not a "flipper," I'm a collector. I try to let the art guide my decision making.

On a side note people, I made a trade last year with a very nice guy that I met on this board. He traded me a Santa Barbara '03 AND a Gorge for my extra pink Borgata.

What do you all think about that trade? Was that fair? Did I make out better or did he? Talk amongst yourselves.

Before you answer though, read further...

There is a tube on the way to this same guy's house right now. The tube contains four posters from this first leg from shows that I attended valued at over $500. He will probably get it tomorrow. He has sent me nothing for it. Included in that tube is one Klausen DC print that I bought with him in mind. I sent along a PM to this person thanking him for the trade he made with me for my Borgata and let him know that the DC was my way of showing my appreciation to him for following through with our agreement even after the price of the Santa Barbara shot way up to a value equal to the Borgata's. That trade may have been hard for him to deal with after that happened, but he followed through with it anyway. Now he has a Klausen DC without ever even asking for one. If he chose to do so he could turn around and sell it right now for $200.

This is a very true story, I assure you. You should try not to get hung up on the money because you never know whom you are dealing with.

The MSG means a lot to me. I have been trying for that print since 2003. I was going to surprise my son with it. If Bath had followed through with the trade I would have never forgotten about him and what he did for me. I would have returned his gesture 10 fold at my first opportunity. You can believe me. That is how I choose to operate. There are many people on this board that will vouch for my sincerity.
    benJAMin wrote:
    Just tell the guy you had second thoughts of trading an incredibly valuable poster for one that is hot right now. You have every right to say no thanks until the tube hits your mailworker's hands. It sounds like you might wanna wait on this one Bath!!!

There is nothing wrong with this advice and Bath was extremely polite. I have no hard feelings towards him what so ever. He seems like a very nice guy. It is easy to get caught up in these Pearl Jam posters based on their EB average value or the current Ebay trends. I don't. I enjoy them for what they are and what they mean to me. Every poster I own has a story behind it. Those series and their beauty mean much more to me than the money someone says they're worth.

I hope the 10c has a 1st leg sale soon and everyone who wants a DC gets one. It is a phenomenal poster up close.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    cuyler41 wrote:

Uh...that's crazy!

I thought the Klausen DC one looked a lot like the American Dreamz poster, too:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EQHXAA/qid%3D1149858525/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-4844199-9107813
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i sure hope you snag extras, all to trade with bostonlou for some of his Leg 1 show posters,....

;)

that will be the suitest

that's so nice of you
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    more coffee... you're what these posters SHOULD be about

bath... you fucked up... this guy was going to send you freebies ;) lol

everyone...

so who bought leg 1 and is itching to buy leg 2?

i bought leg 1 and i am fairly disappointed... i may just worship at the throne of santos for leg 2

anyone else get a leg 1 and considering not a leg 2?
  • Red InkRed Ink Posts: 17
    I don't hate you...not at all.
    I'm disappointed because I've wanted the MSG in my collection for a long time...to keep in my collection. I'm not a dealer, I'm not a "flipper," I'm a collector. I try to let the art guide my decision making.

On a side note people, I made a trade last year with a very nice guy that I met on this board. He traded me a Santa Barbara '03 AND a Gorge for my extra pink Borgata.

What do you all think about that trade? Was that fair? Did I make out better or did he? Talk amongst yourselves.

Before you answer though, read further...

There is a tube on the way to this same guy's house right now. The tube contains four posters from this first leg from shows that I attended valued at over $500. He will probably get it tomorrow. He has sent me nothing for it. Included in that tube is one Klausen DC print that I bought with him in mind. I sent along a PM to this person thanking him for the trade he made with me for my Borgata and let him know that the DC was my way of showing my appreciation to him for following through with our agreement even after the price of the Santa Barbara shot way up to a value equal to the Borgata's. That trade may have been hard for him to deal with after that happened, but he followed through with it anyway. Now he has a Klausen DC without ever even asking for one. If he chose to do so he could turn around and sell it right now for $200.

This is a very true story, I assure you. You should try not to get hung up on the money because you never know whom you are dealing with.

The MSG means a lot to me. I have been trying for that print since 2003. I was going to surprise my son with it. If Bath had followed through with the trade I would have never forgotten about him and what he did for me. I would have returned his gesture 10 fold at my first opportunity. You can believe me. That is how I choose to operate. There are many people on this board that will vouch for my sincerity.

There is nothing wrong with this advice and Bath was extremely polite. I have no hard feelings towards him what so ever. He seems like a very nice guy. It is easy to get caught up in these Pearl Jam posters based on their EB average value or the current Ebay trends. I don't. I enjoy them for what they are and what they mean to me. Every poster I own has a story behind it. Those series and their beauty mean much more to me than the money someone says they're worth.

I hope the 10c has a 1st leg sale soon and everyone who wants a DC gets one. It is a phenomenal poster up close.

Nice post.

I may have an MSG 03 for you. I'm working on a trade...if I get it, it's yours.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    bostonlou wrote:
    everyone...

so who bought leg 1 and is itching to buy leg 2?

i bought leg 1 and i am fairly disappointed... i may just worship at the throne of santos for leg 2

anyone else get a leg 1 and considering not a leg 2?

i'm not exactly itching to buy leg2, but i probably will. it will include posters from 4 of the shows i'll be attending, so it will be nice to have S/N copies ahead of time rather than trying to fight for them at the show.

if i weren't going to any of the leg2 shows, i probably wouldn't buy the subset though.
    I didn't buy leg one, but I'm considering leg 2. I don't know why, though, because I only REALLY liked one from the first leg, and thought two or three were not too bad. But the rest, eh, not worth it.

I'm not going to any of the shows, either (I don't think), so that makes the difference.

Of course, if Ames ever gets back to me about an internship and I move back to Seattle for a few months, I'll probably see them at the Gorge. Then, for sure. But that's highly unlikely since they aren't talking to me.

-Dave Eggers
    dervish7 wrote:
    I didn't buy leg one, but I'm considering leg 2. I don't know why, though, because I only REALLY liked one from the first leg, and thought two or three were not too bad. But the rest, eh, not worth it.

I'm not going to any of the shows, either (I don't think), so that makes the difference.

Of course, if Ames ever gets back to me about an internship and I move back to Seattle for a few months, I'll probably see them at the Gorge. Then, for sure. But that's highly unlikely since they aren't talking to me.

don't forget ! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    Red Ink wrote:
    Nice post.

I may have an MSG 03 for you. I'm working on a trade...if I get it, it's yours.

That's pretty amazing.
    If that happens, it will come back to you for a long time.

Thank you.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    don't forget ! ;)

I won't!

-Dave Eggers
    so its not a pearl jam poster

but its still funny

http://www.nypost.com/img/front060906.gif
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so its not a pearl jam poster

but its still funny

http://www.nypost.com/img/front060906.gif

Ha! That's awesome.

-Dave Eggers
    any Saturday afternoon tube arrivals,
    :eek:
    anyone ?

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    Nope... Still waiting...
  • hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    Nothing here either.

But good things come to those who wait!
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Any word on Klausen's site over at RM?

Good luck to those hoping for a tube today, we need some excitement here.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
    no tube here yet.
    :(

and by the way, could Ames possibly be reconsidering the poster subscriptions at this point ?

Maybe they are thinking they'll do better financially selling each poster one by one, after the shows, thru the horrible website ? :confused:
    Its kinda last minute and I've yet to receive any e-mail notification concerning a sub set for Leg 2 ( or 3 ) .

WTF ! ?

platessmall.jpg
  • dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    Consider this... maybe its a tube plus the "extras" this time. May be a tube inside a box. The extras may have caused a delay.

Can't wait...

DP
    Didn't Jenne say last week that they were still waiting on some posters to show up in the office?

-Dave Eggers
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    no tube here yet.
    :(
    and by the way, could Ames possibly be reconsidering the poster subscriptions at this point ?

Maybe they are thinking they'll do better financially selling each poster one by one, after the shows, thru the horrible website ? :confused:
    Its kinda last minute and I've yet to receive any e-mail notification concerning a sub set for Leg 2 ( or 3 ) .

WTF ! ?

how would they do better financially? aren't the costs the same?

and the subscriptions are all in one swoop... less maintenance

and they have the money ahead of time... sure that's a small bit of interest earned but they could invest or somethin