Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

aint that some sit about our old friend all4
    Fascinating read. Thanks for posting.
    You never think you're gonna encounter someone on this board who ends up so famous.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    that's a riot

i'll be more famous... just wait
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    Well I guess Elmo is now being sporadically posted at Walmart.com, and I just bagged one.
    head on over if you need one.
    poncier we don't need to know when you're buying more "bait" for your white van

yes... best of luck bathgate
    Go get one, you're the master baiter aren't you?
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    hi all. just for the record vedderwood is not an "alter ego" of jeremy's. vedderwood is danielle, his ex gf who had NO idea what was going on. she is a great person and i hate that her name was dragged though the mud with this. that is all!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Poncier wrote:
    You never think you're gonna encounter someone on this board who ends up so famous.

Shit, I thought that maybe we had met and that you were talking about me, but then I read the rest of the thread.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    thatgirl wrote:
    hi all. just for the record vedderwood is not an "alter ego" of jeremy's. vedderwood is danielle, his ex gf who had NO idea what was going on. she is a great person and i hate that her name was dragged though the mud with this. that is all!

she shouldn't of dated a guy who feels the need to sign every post

bostonlou
    fanch75 wrote:
    Shit, I thought that maybe we had met and that you were talking about me, but then I read the rest of the thread.
    Fanch, you're so famous you put T-Bone to shame.
  • no posters until january...my best guess ;)

Imagine when the first poster comes up on the board? Even if it's fugly people will buy it...they'll be so excited!
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

aint that some sit about our old friend all4

thanks mtrico

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...ocal-headlines

O's worker is caught stealing
    Man admits taking stored memorabilia from Camden Yards to sell on Internet

By Gus G. Sentementes
    sun reporter

December 14, 2006

The lengthy list of pilfered items from storage rooms at Camden Yards reads like an inventory from a baseball memorabilia collector's garage:

A Melvin Mora bobblehead doll: $3. Six Orioles warm-up jackets: $360. Numerous Orioles autograph cards: $1,000.

Baltimore police officers assigned to investigate the crime had trouble listing values for most of the stolen merchandise.

They wrote "value unknown" for the 1969 Giants media guide, for 50 Brian Roberts bookmarks, for 26 used lineup cards and a dugout's worth other items, including two bases used in one of the last games of Cal Ripken Jr.'s final season in 2001.

But the detective investigating the case decided that at least one item - a pass that allowed access to parts of the stadium, including its warehouse - was too valuable to quantify. At the end of the list of an official police report filed in court, he wrote: "Orioles employee ID. PRICELESS."

At $7.25 an hour, Jeremy B. Fefel was paid to run errands at the ballpark during games last season. The former employee, whose job title was "baserunner," also had a budding side business: filching Orioles' memorabilia and auctioning the items on eBay.

Fefel, 23, pleaded guilty this week to stealing hundreds of items, some as trivial as refrigerator magnets that are given away. The haul included 1960s-era media guides, team jerseys, beach towels, floppy hats and fleece jackets.

Some of the items were sold online before the Orioles had a chance to offer them to their fans. Other collectibles were intended to be sold by the team at charity auctions. An Orioles spokesman said he couldn't remember the last time the team had been victimized by such a scheme.

"I don't think we've ever been aware of anything like this," said spokesman Bill Stetka. Referring to the growing online market for sports collectibles, he said, "Of course, we're in a new day and age."

On Tuesday, a Circuit Court judge ordered Fefel to pay $5,000 in restitution to the team and do 50 hours of community service by his sentencing date, which is scheduled for April 3, the day after the Orioles open their season against the Twins in Minnesota. At that point, he would be given probation before judgment and placed on three years of unsupervised probation.

"Obviously, it was a stupid mistake," Fefel said yesterday in a telephone interview, adding that he is to perform his community service with the city's Department of Public Works in a solid waste and recycling facility.

"I've been a lifelong Orioles fan. ... I took advantage of the whole situation," he said. "I'd like to send my deepest apologies to the whole Orioles organization. It was a stupid decision, and I let it get the best of me. I could never apologize enough for it."

Stetka said the organization was disappointed that one of its employees had stolen from it.

"You hire people and you entrust them, you put them in a position where they can learn, and hopefully they want to go somewhere in the sports business," Stetka said. "And then to have someone basically stealing things out from under you - some of the things we lost are going to be very difficult to replace."

A sports memorabilia expert said the growth of online auction sites has helped broaden the market for collectibles. Even obscure or insignificant items that might have never been sold at tag sales or through classified ads are finding eager buyers on the Internet, he said.

"In the old days, the teams didn't really have to worry so much because the stuff wasn't worth anything," said Michael Heffner, president of Lelands, one of the oldest sports memorabilia auction houses in the country, which is based on Long Island, N.Y. "Now there's a tremendous market for it. Everything has a value to someone. There's nothing that's worthless. And with the Internet, it's not hard to find that buyer."

Fefel apparently found buyers for many of the items he took from Camden Yards.

Detective Lt. Jon Foster said his officers worked closely with eBay officials to determine who was behind the online identity of "vedderwood," which Fefel had created to sell on eBay. He also said it was likely that the officer, Jonathan Glazerman, mistakenly classified Fefel's employee ID as "priceless," and instead probably should have described it as having no value because of the actual worth of the material.

The ID's true value lay in its user's ability to traverse much of Camden Yards. Stetka said full- and part-time employees have varying degrees of access to different parts of the stadium, office and warehouses.

Fefel, who said he met Ripken in a movie theater once, said he has been a baseball fan and memorabilia collector for much of his life and started buying and selling baseball cards on the Web site while in high school. He continued trading on eBay through his college years at Salisbury University until he graduated in December 2005 with a degree in marketing.

Upon returning home to Harford County, Fefel said, he was having trouble finding work until he attended a job fair at Towson University last winter. There, he met people from the Orioles organization who sold him on the idea of coming to work for them for the season.

Fefel started in April and worked through mid-September, when police arrested him.

The list of stolen items runs for more than two pages in charging documents filed by police investigators.

Many of the items taken were Orioles media guides from the 1960s and 1970s. There also were media guides for other baseball teams, including the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, the former Kansas City Athletics and the former Washington Senators.

Stetka, the team spokesman, said the guides might not have had a high value for collectors but the team kept them archived for history's sake.

Fefel said he sold many of the guides on eBay for $5 or $10.

Other items that were swiped included a baseball bat used by Brian Roberts . So were 17 used Orioles game jerseys, three Sammy Sosa bobblehead dolls, each worth $3, two game jackets, worth $60 each, two fleece shirts, worth $45 each, and a framed picture of Orioles Opening Day in 1992 with an accompanying game ticket worth $100.

According to charging documents, Marco Gentile, an Oriole employee, was searching eBay when he came across several items that he thought didn't belong on the Web site. The items were being sold by a person who had registered the online identity "vedderwood" on the site. Gentile notified his supervisors, who called city police.

One tip-off came with the Brian Roberts bobblehead doll. The figure hadn't been made available to the public when it began appearing on eBay, the documents state. Orioles' team employees also told police that many of the items that were appearing on the auction site came from locations at Camden Yards to which only employees had access.

All other items were stored in a separate storage room, for which there were three keys. One of the keys was kept in the communications room, but that key disappeared, the documents said.

Another Orioles official, Lisa Tolson, told police that Fefel was authorized to remove items from storage during baseball games to give to ticket holders or to replenish stocks.

On Sept. 19, city police searched Fefel's apartment in Bel Air, where they found dozens of stolen items, charging documents state.

The recovered stolen goods were brought to the Southern District police station, where Orioles employees picked them up, the charging documents state.

"He's a nice young man who made a stupid mistake," said Paul M. Polansky, Fefel's defense attorney. "He's very remorseful. He admitted his sins and made restitution, and wants to put this behind him."

Fefel said many of the items that police took during the search had not been stolen but were part of his personal collection and that he hopes to get them back from police.

He has run into other online headaches this year over the sale of band posters for the rock group Pearl Jam that customers complained were overvalued.

Fefel said that he was conned on eBay when he didn't get jerseys that he bought for $1,400. He said he is no longer interested in doing business through online auctions.

"I'm done with eBay," he said.

Damn,what a scumbag thing to do!!!
  • Everyone always talks about the best posters of all time ,but what is the worst PJ poster? maybe Pearl Jam Mountain View, CA 6/1/03 . Just that 1 off the top of my head. But Im sure there are tons more.
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    Wow, Fefel gets worse and worse. What an ass. It sucks that Danielle's handle gets dragged into this, because she couldn't be more different than "All4". She gave away about 15 free tickets to the Camden 1 show that were extras from her radio station. She easily could have sold them. Jeremy was probably pissed about giving them away...
    Everyone always talks about the best posters of all time ,but what is the worst PJ poster? maybe Pearl Jam Mountain View, CA 6/1/03 . Just that 1 off the top of my head. But Im sure there are tons more.

st paul I or II 06? - these might not be bad if the colors didn't look like blood and diarrea

milwaukee I or II 06?

Houston 03?
  • i wonder if bath has gone under the knife yet? hope his surgery goes well. godspeed bathgate :cool:
    i wonder if bath has gone under the knife yet? hope his surgery goes well. godspeed bathgate :cool:

yes.. best wishes to him

i can't believe he's finally getting the addadictomy
  • mcocozza wrote:
    Wow, Fefel gets worse and worse. What an ass. It sucks that Danielle's handle gets dragged into this, because she couldn't be more different than "All4". She gave away about 15 free tickets to the Camden 1 show that were extras from her radio station. She easily could have sold them. Jeremy was probably pissed about giving them away...

I thought i recognized that eBay name from somewhere. How do you think that will effect things?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • bostonlou wrote:
    yes.. best wishes to him

Is he getting that Firehouse print surgically attached to his back?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    bostonlou wrote:
    she shouldn't of dated a guy who feels the need to sign every post

bostonlou
    Good one BL

-Brush
    bostonlou wrote:

:D
    it's a delicate thing to do ;)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    addadictomy ? :confused:

anyhow-

my arm / shoulder / back are a bit sore , after3 hours in surgery-- but made it thru okay.
    There was no immobilization required afterwards ,( only a sling ) but it hurts like a fuck .
    Due to the intubation , anesthesia, ect, it feels like i got beat up a little bit . So the tear was pretty much healed , but there was definitely some residual bone spurs as a result of the injury, so those were all removed and the bone was filed down . :eek:

Oh and to get me thru all of this , i have a bottle of ( 40 ) Vicadins @ 750 milligrams ( yeah its like a horsepill ) and they make me extremely stoned. Difficulty sleeping, lots of tossing & turning, but happy to be done with this.

thanks to all for all the kind thoughts .

Now, bring on the Poster sales so that i can complete my 3 or 4 more ,... thus ending my purchasing endeavors.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    glad to hear things went well bath. oh, and if you have any of those horse pills left over, i have a few equines that might be interested. and yes, they have posters to trade.
    glad you're well bath

and how did i know someone would offer a poster for your drugs ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    addadictomy ? :confused:

anyhow-

my arm / shoulder / back are a bit sore , after3 hours in surgery-- but made it thru okay.
    There was no immobilization required afterwards ,( only a sling ) but it hurts like a fuck .
    Due to the intubation , anesthesia, ect, it feels like i got beat up a little bit . So the tear was pretty much healed , but there was definitely some residual bone spurs as a result of the injury, so those were all removed and the bone was filed down . :eek:

Oh and to get me thru all of this , i have a bottle of ( 40 ) Vicadins @ 750 milligrams ( yeah its like a horsepill ) and they make me extremely stoned. Difficulty sleeping, lots of tossing & turning, but happy to be done with this.

thanks to all for all the kind thoughts .

Now, bring on the Poster sales so that i can complete my 3 or 4 more ,... thus ending my purchasing endeavors.

Glad to hear everything went well Bath!
    have fun with all those pain killers! good lord those are big (insert 'thats what she said') :D
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    whistle wrote:
    Glad to hear everything went well Bath!
    have fun with all those pain killers! good lord those are big (insert 'thats what she said') :D

thanks whistle.

what a clusterfuck that CCFA website was.
    I dont know whats worse-

not getting one in the first place,

or getting one, then to have them snatch it back with an Out Of Stock message. If its OOS., then why does it make it into your cart in the first place ?
    If it read as 1 in your cart, how can someone else get to it , especially if there were / are only 15 ? :confused:

:confused:

looks like i'll be up at 2am , to try and fetch one then. :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks whistle.

what a clusterfuck that CCFA website was.
    I dont know whats worse-

not getting one in the first place,

or getting one, then to have them snatch it back with an Out Of Stock message. If its OOS., then why does it make it into your cart in the first place ?
    If it read as 1 in your cart, how can someone else get to it , especially if there were / are only 15 ? :confused:

:confused:

looks like i'll be up at 2am , to try and fetch one then. :rolleyes:

it's not like you have to get up for work in the morning? ;)

even the faster server in the world couldn't deal with the demand.. it is what it is i guess
    bostonlou wrote:
    it's not like you have to get up for work in the morning? ;)

even the faster server in the world couldn't deal with the demand.. it is what it is i guess

if they supplied more info ( other then It will be sold in 07 sometime ) perhaps i'd be more comfortable waiting for that uncut jammy. you know, poster sales withdrawl,....:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    if they supplied more info ( other then It will be sold in 07 sometime ) perhaps i'd be more comfortable waiting for that uncut jammy. you know, poster sales withdrawl,....:rolleyes:

i'm usually with you on the more info thing

but i don't see it in this case ... at least we got something

they're going on sale in the next few months. as soon as they know... they'll tell us

at least they didn't say they were stopping poster sales to sell photo books with no other info on future posters