Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    just got back from hawaii, i think i'm going all out on this poster. putting the two mccready picks and my ticket stub in with the poster somehow.

ah, to be back on the north shore.

I was planning on doing the same thing! I was able to snag up 2 picks thanks to my roomate (ACCbootleg) who had front row seats!! :eek:
    Ive never got anything from a concert before! :D

oh sweet, you were totally right about the rashguard... i was a little on the sore side! hahah
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    bostonlou wrote:
    i'll swap my DC for a Honolulu girl

she has to be cute though. :)

From what i saw there you can't really go wrong! they all looked good... except for the old women selling stuff off of Kuhio, but theres no substitute for decades of experience!! :D

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    dude, i bought one of those tiki things. hopefully i don't get bad luck like greg. :uncool:

You wanna talk about bad voodoo... hawaii was my 13th show, sat in the 13th row in the 13th seat!!! :eek:

Only problem i had was having my luggage arrive about 10hrs after i did!

• ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    i'm looking for a HI klausen if anyone has an extra....cash or trade
    i want to be enlightened

like i want to be told the end
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Qball wrote:
    Dont order from this piece of crap company. The way the run business is awful and their customer service is the worst. I got a pearl jam print for $60 and then two months later they sent me back my money without an email or notification. Then I emailed them and they said they had none left. I went to the site after this and they had 3 more left that they were selling for $300/poster. What scumbags! I will never buy anything from them again!

But you can now order one of the last 12 for 200.00. What a joke!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    GR8Dane wrote:
    But you can now order one of the last 12 for 200.00. What a joke!

i could swear it was down to 3 a few months back.

its mysterious how the stock and inventory mysteriously jumps back up to 12 right before christmas .....:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Brad Klausen : from BRY

i will have s/n copies for sale, most likely in january...on my own site...now i know it's been said before, but it's finally looking like i will have my own site up....finally....

Yeah, euro stuff, the remaining prints i have for this tour, the melvins posters, tvotr, slow music, south america...whatever i have left to sell from 2006 will be on there...and possibly some things for the last two years too...not a whole lot left, but there are some posters sitting in my flat files that need good homes...

Why they charged 35 bucks for Hawaii 2 w/ U2 :

the poster is on large, colored paper and 7 colors :eek: :eek:....normally the posters cost $3-4 a piece to print, this one was more like $8-9 a piece...so thankfully the merchandising company was kind enough to let me go ahead with my design which doubled the normal poster budget.
    platessmall.jpg
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    intresting.....especially if the web site piece does happen
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • whistle wrote:
    I was planning on doing the same thing! I was able to snag up 2 picks thanks to my roomate (ACCbootleg) who had front row seats!! :eek:
    Ive never got anything from a concert before! :D

oh sweet, you were totally right about the rashguard... i was a little on the sore side! hahah

nice work dude. sorry we didn't get a chance to hang in hawaii, poor planning i suppose. get some pics of your hawaii poster when you get it done.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i could swear it was down to 3 a few months back.

its mysterious how the stock and inventory mysteriously jumps back up to 12 right before christmas .....:rolleyes:

it was ZERO a few weeks ago... I kept checking to see if I could get one at a discount

it sat at 2 for a long time

where are you people seeing 12?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    my " friend " dropped the ball on me in hawaii-

no hawaii 2 PJ / U2 poster for bathgate ! :mad:

oh well.

bring on that website, Brad,....

in the meantime i'll revel in going to see The Boss playing an electric guitar again tonight- maybe they'll have posters! ;)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

oh well.

in the meantime i'll revel in going to see The Boss playing an electric guitar again tonight- maybe they'll have posters! ;)

wow... sounds like they found out what they were selling for on ebay

with friends like that... who needs enemas!!

:)
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

oh well.

what a tease.

in the words of todd rundgren:
    "we can't play this game any more but, can we still be friends?"

hopefully brad or 10c can hook us up.
    platessmall.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Photoshop the poster in place of the ball. :D

Sorry your friend didn't come through
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Photoshop the poster in place of the ball. :D

Sorry your friend didn't come through

why would you be sorry?

true bath is a solid guy ... but really... has it bummed you out? ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    why would you be sorry?

true bath is a solid guy ... but really... has it bummed you out? ;)

me and Ponce have a deep spiritual U2 connection

dont be jealous.

if i had the skills bostonlou had with artpad, i could do that photoshop thing - that would be hilarious .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    me and Ponce have a deep spiritual U2 connection

dont be jealous.
    Plus I was gonna get half the poster.
    The left half.
    It was gonna say "U2 and PE",

Bath would get "ARL JAM"
    Poncier wrote:
    Plus I was gonna get half the poster.
    The left half.
    It was gonna say "U2 and PE",

Bath would get "ARL JAM"

Public Enemy just doesn't have the same Flava anymore

VH1 ruined it
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Nabbed me the Live on 2 Legs promo poster showcasing all the posters today. $15 bucks, I'll take it! Now if I could only get the actual Toronto farm tractor poster, I will be happy!f
    wow
    3 pages in and midway down !

not really poster related- but anyhow, while we wait :

Bruce made it to the show last night.
    He looked as he did in the " bedazzler " photos from the Light Of Day Benefit a few weeks back, gray milkman hat and all .
    The security was insane as usual- no pics or vids to share. :evil:
    It was great to see him playing an electric guitar again.! :bammer:
    Bruce hit the stage approx 1130 pm, Oh yeah- i met and chatted with Senetor Lautenberg of NJ afterwards. Huge Bruce fan.

Setlist : Darlington County , Spirit In The Night , Seaside Bar Song , Waitin' On A Sunny Day , *10th Avenue Freeze Out ( w/ Jon Bon Jovi and full horn sections :shock: :shock: ) , Santa Claus Is Coming To Town ( full stage ) .

* The last E Street Tour this basically was dropped off the setlists for " Marys Place "( the extended long band intros , ect ) , so it was nice to hear this again and especially with all the horns and all those electric guitars ...

photos some poeple snuck in there- i was in the loge with only 3 rows , it extended down over the orchestra- so security was too tighht to even take my cam out ) :crying: i actually enjoyed the show instead of looking thru the lens.

DSCN4361a.jpg

DSCN4360a.jpg

DSCN4365.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

JBJ & Southside
    standard.jpg

standard.jpg

these 2 take the cake.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Bruce and the Cookie Monster.
    Two of America's hugest icons.
  • awesome
  • Greetings y'all. Ain't been 'round here too much recently. You know, real life and whatnot. (Ok, who am I kidding, I got a xbox 360 a couple months ago and it's been sucking the life outta me....)

Lovin that Klausen Hawaii, and the news that he might have his website up soon.

Good to see not much has changed 'round here.

Hope everyone has good holidays - I'm headin home and probably won't be online much (ok, ok, I'm bringing the damn 360 with me...).
    Nabbed me the Live on 2 Legs promo poster showcasing all the posters today. $15 bucks, I'll take it! Now if I could only get the actual Toronto farm tractor poster, I will be happy!f

That's the holy grail of my meager little collection. And my second PJ show.
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    Greetings y'all. Ain't been 'round here too much recently. You know, real life and whatnot. (Ok, who am I kidding, I got a xbox 360 a couple months ago and it's been sucking the life outta me....)

so I came here for advice and I see the above... double uh oh

so here's the dilemma

i just bought a PS3 online

anyone have any ideas on how to break it to the wife that i dropped 800 on an glorified atari?

I was thinking I could tell her that I was due since I didn't waste my money on the euro or petty subs? ;)
  • bostonlou wrote:
    I was thinking I could tell her that I was due since I didn't waste my money on the euro or petty subs? ;)

that should work.

you could buy her something nice, girls like presents. maybe a klausen u2/pj poster?
    that should work.

you could buy her something nice, girls like presents. maybe a klausen u2/pj poster?

she's learned to love pearl jam but the posters she thinks is insane

i showed her the DC one and she thought it was awful

i guess she does like some but keeps reminding me that we only have so many walls in the house... and although we'll be finishing a 1400 sq ft basement... it won't be wall to wall posters... although at this point it could be ;)

we got a new laptop last weekend and she asked at ccity if they had any ps3's in stock

that's pretty much a green light right?? ;)

anyone want to buy some posters? ;)
  • bostonlou wrote:
    so I came here for advice and I see the above... double uh oh

so here's the dilemma

i just bought a PS3 online

anyone have any ideas on how to break it to the wife that i dropped 800 on an glorified atari?

tell her you got a deal and SAVED about a grand. also tell her that you will probably be too busy playing with it instead of buying Ames subs.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • that should work.

I'm witd Ad on this one. Buy her something. I got my girlfriend a pink ipod nano for X-mas and she loved it. (yes, we did our gifts already) This was after I had hunted around for a s/n Albany 06 poster to give her since it was her first and only PJ show which I took her to, and she flat out told me she didn't want it.

Sooo...anyone want a s/n Albany 06 poster?

And Lou, you won't be disappointed with the PS3 I'm sure.
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    I'm witd Ad on this one. Buy her something. I got my girlfriend a pink ipod nano for X-mas and she loved it. (yes, we did our gifts already) This was after I had hunted around for a s/n Albany 06 poster to give her since it was her first and only PJ show which I took her to, and she flat out told me she didn't want it.

Sooo...anyone want a s/n Albany 06 poster?

And Lou, you won't be disappointed with the PS3 I'm sure.

i'm afraid that i won't be disappointed... that's the problem ;)

i wish my mind worked right.... just this weekend i was realizing i hadn't touched my PS2 in months. I got Tiger 07 and the latest SSX a while ago and still hadn't played them. I told myself that I didn't have time for that stuff

and now this

I guess it's like posters... it's the allure of the ADD TO CART button

:)

maybe I can just tell her I bought a HD DVD player??? ;)

in truth... my wife is a saint and never bitches at me... she thought dropping 750 on sub 1 was crazy but it wasn't like she was pissed or anything... it will be fine... i just like to discuss my options with others ;)