platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    haha

looks like a ramones spread all done in iron maiden eddy form,... lol

i meant that it was called "we're a happy family" and featured both U2 and Ed
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I was contemplating buying up some u2 lithograpphs, but all the good ones are sold out . :(

http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/0.7.13.0.1.3.1
    People in glass houses.......Bathgate you can't possibly trash U2 when Bruce Springsteen charges so much damn money for his shows and memerobilia. U2 uses lasers/videos/lights galore and charges 49 for GA seats or high balcony and up to 150 for club seats while Springsteen used no visual effects in his devils and dust tour, charged $90/ticket (front row or back) and was selling sweatshirts for $80. This arguement will never end and the funny thing is...Pearl Jam/Springsteen/U2 are 3 of my favorites. I pay because I want to see them. The price to see these artists are rediculous but you pay. No one should be judged on ticket or t-shirt prices. Yeah bitch, moan and complain about them but in the end no one really cares becasue if you dont want to spend $180 on a pair of balcony tickets to U2 or Springsteen someone will. Include me in this category!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Qball wrote:
    People in glass houses.......Bathgate you can't possibly trash U2 when Bruce Springsteen charges so much damn money for his shows and memerobilia. U2 uses lasers/videos/lights galore and charges 49 for GA seats or high balcony and up to 150 for club seats while Springsteen used no visual effects in his devils and dust tour, charged $90/ticket (front row or back) and was selling sweatshirts for $80. This arguement will never end and the funny thing is...Pearl Jam/Springsteen/U2 are 3 of my favorites. I pay because I want to see them. The price to see these artists are rediculous but you pay. No one should be judged on ticket or t-shirt prices. Yeah bitch, moan and complain about them but in the end no one really cares becasue if you dont want to spend $180 on a pair of balcony tickets to U2 or Springsteen someone will. Include me in this category!

:mad: i don't throw rocks , pal , :mad:

where the fuck did i trash U2 ,... or Springsteen ( would / could never ) ? :confused:

:confused:

I love them both, and , since we mentioned it , have spent literally thousands to see them both, regardless of how m,uch it may have cost me ,....above face value even . Along with PJ ' s fanclub, i am a member / subscriber to both U2s and Springsteens.

The above lithographs I spoke of ( from U2.com ) , I have purchased more then 1 , was looking into maybe buying more- ( hoping there may have been a dual U2 / PJ combo for the upcoming Hawaii gigs-- to no avail )

U2s use of the lights and lasers is a given ( they even used a Giant Lemon they all got stuck in for gods sake ). Conversely, Bruce doesnt need such antics, with or without the E Street Band or SSB behind him . Bruce utilizing a piano, a pump organ, various guitars and harmonicas are all he needs to be instantly " at home " onstage.. He is The Boss.

Oh & by the way i dont live in a glass house ,
    i live in glass palace on the shoreline . :p
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    Qball wrote:

dude... i love how you twist the truth about U2's ticket prices

most of the balcony is $95... except way up on the other end... and maybe rear stage

and the $165 (not $150) "club" seat is the whole lower bowl... only a portion of those are "club seats" although i guess that's up for the person's interpretation of club

like you said... people will spend this money so it doesn't matter

my personal view is that I'd rather go see Pearl Jam 3 times with the highest priced ticket than 1 time sitting in a $165 seat for U2 and their Dr Evil lasers

and you probably agree

my point about the t-shirts was that people claim Bono/U2 does so much for the community/poor ... i just found $78 for a tshirt ironic

and yes most concerts sell overpriced bad quality crap...

anyway... who wants to buy some posters

http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=bostonlou&view=2
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    :mad: i don't throw rocks , pal , :mad:

where the fuck did i trash U2 ,... or Springsteen ( would / could never ) ? :confused:

:confused:

I love them both, and , since we mentioned it , have spent literally thousands to see them both, regardless of how m,uch it may have cost me ,....above face value even . Along with PJ ' s fanclub, i am a member / subscriber to both U2s and Springsteens.

The above lithographs I spoke of ( from U2.com ) , I have purchased more then 1 , was looking into maybe buying more- ( hoping there may have been a dual U2 / PJ combo for the upcoming Hawaii gigs-- to no avail )

U2s use of the lights and lasers is a given ( they even used a Giant Lemon they all got stuck in for gods sake ). Conversely, Bruce doesnt need such antics, with or without the E Street Band or SSB behind him . Bruce utilizing a piano, a pump organ, various guitars and harmonicas are all he needs to be instantly " at home " onstage.. He is The Boss.

Oh & by the way i dont live in a glass house ,
    i live in glass palace on the shoreline . :p
    Oh my God Bath I am sorry I thought when you said you wanted to buy the u2 lithos you were only sh*tting on them because they do charge a bundle for those. (check u2.com's store..not sure if it is still up but they use to have lithos for like $500 but total proceeds went to charity)! I agree with everythign you ahve to say with Springsteen's "at home" feeling and with the rest of your post. My bad an I apologize.
    Qball wrote:
    Oh my God Bath I am sorry I thought when you said you wanted to buy the u2 lithos you were only sh*tting on them because they do charge a bundle for those. (check u2.com's store..not sure if it is still up but they use to have lithos for like $500 but total proceeds went to charity)! I agree with everythign you ahve to say with Springsteen's "at home" feeling and with the rest of your post. My bad an I apologize.

no worries-

they are my top 3 also .

just hadda clear that up .
    platessmall.jpg
    When does the DC go on sale?
  • bostonlou wrote:

Right before SF3
  • bostonlou wrote:

i thought they were only going to be sold to those who attended the bostonlou show in January.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    bostonlou wrote:
    and the $165 (not $150) "club" seat is the whole lower bowl... only a portion of those are "club seats" although i guess that's up for the person's interpretation of club
    While we're twisting prices...Loges 15 through 20 at the Fleet/Garden for U2 were $95. (and similar locations at all other arenas)
    I know, I sat in 15 twice and 20 twice...best non-GA seats in the house.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    While we're twisting prices...Loges 15 through 20 at the Fleet/Garden for U2 were $95. (and similar locations at all other arenas)
    I know, I sat in 15 twice and 20 twice...best non-GA seats in the house.

so you're a fan of sitting behind the band and speakers

interesting

i always wondered if you liked it from the back
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,624
    bostonlou wrote:
    so you're a fan of sitting behind the band and speakers

interesting

i always wondered if you liked it from the back
    Thats why I specificaly go for 15 and 20, not 16-19...not rear, direct side view, 100% open stage (speakers were all up top, but you know this and just wanna exaggerate your point) and the best "seat" for the dollar (GA being the best "ticket" for the dollar).

I've sat in these 2 sections for several other concerts over the years there as well because they are normally cheaper than Loge 21 thru 14 and the view is superior to anything from center ice back.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    Just got my EMEK unnatural resources print...Love it!
    Are you going to put Pearl Jam on it with white-out?
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/WishlistFoundation/Merch%20-%202006%20Posters/P-06-11-18-Sydney.jpg

i was really contemplating staying up to try and get one of these - at 2am my time .
    Even tho they mis-spelled " Australia " , and " Northwest "

i still like the 2 headed guitar playing devilman.
    :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    i got id wrote:
    Just got my EMEK unnatural resources print...Love it!

Me too!!!! I thank you, Lou for the insider tip.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    http://wishlistfoundation.org/shop/catalog/images/P-06-11-18-Sydney-a.jpg

I wanted it to appeal broadly and be open to interpretation, but my motivation for the image was thinking of the Colitis my brother suffers from. It is like he is cursed within his body and it is a constant battle for him, and I wanted to depict that as a Devil emerging from the insides of the character in the poster. The character faces this with anger, but also determination and resolve - which to me is emblematic of the vibe in Pearl Jam's music.

As I was working on the poster I also began thinking about the battle we all face with the demons inside ourselves and I think that theme can ring true with this image as well.

Stylistically, I was inspired by the artist Jim Flora - a classic illustrator of children's books and album covers from the '40s and '50s. I'm often inspired from disparate sources and here I'm taking elements of his style and mashing them up with my own spin. I create all my type by hand and on projects like this that is especially fun. Coincidentally, the last project that I worked on in this style was the artwork I created for my brother's company, Sutton Music, so this is another thread connecting my poster design to my brother. (You can see that design at http://www.suttonmusic.com).

- Ward Sutton
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/WishlistFoundation/Merch%20-%202006%20Posters/P-06-11-18-Sydney.jpg

i was really contemplating staying up to try and get one of these - at 2am my time .
    Even tho they mis-spelled " Australia " , and " Northwest "

i still like the 2 headed guitar playing devilman.
    :rolleyes:

the spellings will be corrected in the final product

this print is too busy for me personally... although the story is cool
    bostonlou wrote:
    the spellings will be corrected in the final product

this print is too busy for me personally... although the story is cool
    Just like most of Ward's stuff including Adelaide 98! But I love the busy look. I meant would you rather have a boring print with like a lion with two colors behind it? Come on this print rules and it is created by one of the greatest Pearl Jam artists ever.
    Qball wrote:
    Just like most of Ward's stuff including Adelaide 98! But I love the busy look. I meant would you rather have a boring print with like a lion with two colors behind it? Come on this print rules and it is created by one of the greatest Pearl Jam artists ever.

definitely don't want the lion jumping over a patch of green ... busy may have been the wrong word...

the overall print just doesn't do it for me... I like the story behind it but... i don't like the picasso-ish face of the guitarist... or the font used... or the red and yellow combination...

i just don't like the print... that's just my opinion ...
    bostonlou wrote:
    definitely don't want the lion jumping over a patch of green ... busy may have been the wrong word...

the overall print just doesn't do it for me... I like the story behind it but... i don't like the picasso-ish face of the guitarist... or the font used... or the red and yellow combination...

i just don't like the print... that's just my opinion ...
    I respect your opinion and I'm not telling you to change it. Lou think about the colors. I thought you were better than that!
    i picked one up- just because i was able to , and like mentioned here- its another Pearl Jam artist . The story just added to the appeal, for me, in my opinion .
    we all have that devil inside of us.

;)
    platessmall.jpg
    Qball wrote:
    I respect your opinion and I'm not telling you to change it. Lou think about the colors. I thought you were better than that!

yes... i don't think we're having the usual message pit "argument" here where we're calling the other one WRONG

black red and yellow?

do you mean the song or a garbage bag with a dead baby in it?

what should I be thinking of? ;)
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i picked one up- just because i was able to , and like mentioned here- its another Pearl Jam artist . The story just added to the appeal, for me, in my opinion .
    we all have that devil inside of us.

;)

Here come the woman
    With the look in her eye
    Raised on leather
    With flesh on her mind
    Words as weapons sharper than knives
    Makes you wonder how the other half die
    Other half die
    Here come the man
    With the look in his eye
    Fed on nothing
    But full of pride
    Look at them go
    Look at them kick
    Makes you wonder how the other half live

The devil inside
    The devil inside
    Every single one of us the devil inside

The devil inside
    The devil inside
    Every single one of us the devil inside

Here come the world
    With the look in its eye
    Future uncertain but certainly slight
    Look at the faces
    Listen to the bells
    Its hard to believe we need a place called hell
  • nice, inxs.

i like the ward sutton print. he does some good work.
    nice, inxs.

as long as we are talking Michael Hutchence
    and not JD Fortune,.... :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    as long as we are talking Michael Hutchence
    and not JD Fortune,.... :rolleyes:

totally. that other guy is a choad.
  • totally. that other guy is a choad.

choad....man, i haven't heard/seen that word in a while!
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    still have extras / overstock :

MINT 06 Methane s/n
    MINT 06 Boston 1 s/n
    MINT 06 Petty VS PJ ~ St Paul s/n
    MINT 06 Camden 1 ( ship )
    MINT 06 Klausen NJ2
    MINT 06 Klausen LA
    MINT 06 Ames St Paul 1 s/n
    MINT 06 Ames Milwaukee 1 s/n
    MINT 06 Ames Double Sided Test Print ( Boston 2 '06 color - variant and s/n 1/1 )
    MINT 06 Ames Euro Sub Print s/n ( robot )
    MINT 05 Vegoose ( elvis impersonator ) s/n
    MINT 05 Gorge Klausen
    NEW 05 Kitchener
    NEW 05 Calgary
    NEW 05 Quebec City
    NICE 03 MSG
    NICE 03 Chicago

i know people are losing faith in EB, but for shits & giggles :
    EB trade page : http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Bathgate66&view=2
    platessmall.jpg