Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we waited 8 weeks, for this ? :confused:

that's not a test print... it's just a print right?

it's actually a copy of their moe poster

is that the only extra? did they say there would be an extra print AND a test print?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    sweet ad, i'm looking for a pic of your LA2 for framing inspiration. can't find it. if it is still hosted somewhere, can you send a link?
    double post
  • mcocozza wrote:
    sweet ad, i'm looking for a pic of your LA2 for framing inspiration. can't find it. if it is still hosted somewhere, can you send a link?

it really is a thing of beauty, if i do say so my damn self:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3763674&postcount=1134
  • it really is a thing of beauty, if i do say so my damn self:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3763674&postcount=1134

This one's got it beat... ;)

http://www.pearljamstories.com/LA/LA.jpg
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/LA/LA2.jpg

8ply Alpharag mat with two more 4 ply rag mat with reverse bevels... Frame profile has a "wave" look to it...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • This one's got it beat... ;)

i think we'll let the people decide. :D

people?

people?

yours is better

ms modelers has too much white... and the yellows don't match

so... it's 1-0

you win :)
    thanks! agreed, it is extremely well done.
  • bostonlou wrote:
    yours is better

ms modelers has too much white... and the yellows don't match

so... it's 1-0

you win :)

His yellows dont match either funny guy more than likely they are the same mat... Ad's design is good but there are a couple of things holding it back. First off there is no need to show its a Klausen you know its a Klausen print... cover up that white space there is no need for it. Second there are standard bevels which shows the white core... more white lines that distract from the piece. Third not quite enough matting... but this is OK since the frame is on the smaller side. Its all a matter of opinoin but this is what I would have said to Ad if he was one of my customers. Or anyone else.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    His yellows dont match either funny guy more than likely they are the same mat... Ad's design is good but there are a couple of things holding it back. First off there is no need to show its a Klausen you know its a Klausen print... cover up that white space there is no need for it. Second there are standard bevels which shows the white core... more white lines that distract from the piece. Third not quite enough matting... but this is OK since the frame is on the smaller side. Its all a matter of opinoin but this is what I would have said to Ad if he was one of my customers. Or anyone else.

as you said... it's a matter of opinion...

you just think you're the expert on framing... and that's your opinion too :)

i think yours has too much white and that combined with the black frame makes it look cheap

but i've never framed anything except the iron on patches i got from Activision for getting a high score on my Atari back in the 80s :) so what do i know

I actually much prefer the white to show, looking like an additional matte. Whether or not "Klausen" shows is of no importance to me. I might agree on a little more more matting on the biggest piece.

I don't care for the white matte on the other one, nor the frame. Too bad bostonlou already said the same thing, but that is exactly what I thought when I saw it. It didn't bring the thought "cheap" to mind, just not attractive to me. A brown frame to play off of the warm print colors seems to fit better. And all that white is just too bright for me. Could be cool against the right color wall, though.
  • His yellows dont match either funny guy more than likely they are the same mat... Ad's design is good but there are a couple of things holding it back. First off there is no need to show its a Klausen you know its a Klausen print... cover up that white space there is no need for it. Second there are standard bevels which shows the white core... more white lines that distract from the piece. Third not quite enough matting... but this is OK since the frame is on the smaller side. Its all a matter of opinoin but this is what I would have said to Ad if he was one of my customers. Or anyone else.

i like leaving the white around the border of the klausen print for the same reason mcocozza said, it looks like there is another piece of matting.

i don't care for using white as the main matting color, it reminds me of the ames prints lately and their creative use of blank white space.

yours is cool too, the picture (like mine) probably doesn't do it justice. its all opinion and its pretty hard to screw up a frame job on a klausen poster. i'll consider it a draw.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?print=45008

The poster at the bottom with the tour dates and ticket sale dates are they available to buy or are they just promotional??
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    aus_suz wrote:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?print=45008

The poster at the bottom with the tour dates and ticket sale dates are they available to buy or are they just promotional??

those are promo's, you might be able to find a free one somewhere.
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268

people?

I like Ad's better also, just seemed to be too much white on the other... that being said...

I FINALLY recieved mine on monday... not that i have money to frame it now because of Hawaii but Im always lookin for ideas/suggestions
    Second there are standard bevels which shows the white core... more white lines that distract from the piece. Third not quite enough matting... but this is OK since the frame is on the smaller side. Its all a matter of opinoin but this is what I would have said to Ad if he was one of my customers. Or anyone else.

I know youve talked about the different bevels, but what would you suggest? Or what did you do with yours?? I want this one to look different from my others, double matted with a thin frame...

Any help or comments are appreciated!
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    anyone else getting the aussie subscription?

just sent in my paypal....

hope i get accepted
    bostonlou wrote:

hope i get accepted

Now ive kinda been around, but not as much as before... so im not sure if this is a joke or not?! :confused:
    since its Lou i gotta ask and make sure :P

was there an aussie sub?

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    The Pearl Jam Australian Tour posters series 2006.

The SET of TWELVE different posters by 4 different Australian artists.

Joe Whyte. Ken Taylor. Daymon Greulich. Rhys cooper.

Each artists did 3 designs. Poster sizes are approx 70 X 48 cm. Posters are printed on 260 gsm stock.

NOTE: We are only selling full sets.

The Full set of 12 Posters costs ==========USA $ 350.00

Postage Airmail (one week )& packaging === USA $ 30.00

TOTAL=========================USA $ 380.00

Postage to Europe add $ 5.00. Within Australia postage is $ 15.00

PAYPAL is prefered payment. My PAYPAL ID IS

beyondme@bigpond.net.au

Or Credit Card.

Important: Please send me your full Name & Postal Address with your

"PAID" Paypal order.

NO PAYMENTS PENDING Please.

***Orders taken now. BUT posters will NOT be posted to you

till NOV 18th. This way you will neceive them just after 25th November

Which is the legal date I can distribute these posters. 25th Nov is the

last gig of the Aussie tour

Regards

John Harris

Beyond The Pale Posters

25 Carlisle St St Kilda. Melbourne VIC 3182

AUSTRALIA. Ph: 61 3 9593 8900

http://www.beyondthepale.com.au
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    One thing, these are NOT silkscreened. They are regular posters.....

bostonlou wrote:

hope i get accepted

I dunno Lou.... I'm more worried about how long they run that printing press for??? No limit, or what?

GR8Dane wrote:
    The Pearl Jam Australian Tour posters series 2006.
    The SET of TWELVE different posters by 4 different Australian artists.

Thanks! hard to keep up to date when you can only check things once and a while!!

So far those posters look good, a very welcome change... from Ames at least. Its too bad they aren't silkscreened, or even a different format instead of regular posters.

GR8Dane wrote:
    I dunno Lou.... I'm more worried about how long they run that printing press for??? No limit, or what?

oops... was the 300 I heard not a true statement?
    bostonlou wrote:
    oops... was the 300 I heard not a true statement?

That was dollars......

GR8Dane wrote:
    That was dollars......

lol

i thought i read something somewhere... although with the internet that doesn't mean shit ;)

i emailed them to try to find out

$31 for an unlimited poster seems a bit high
  • So wait, how many of these Aussie posters will they print? Litho is a cheaper process, right? So how much are they selling these at the shows? I know the silkscreens sold for $25 here in the US.
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • I just picked up my Euro Sub from the post office. I have one word: grrr.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • I just picked up my Euro Sub from the post office. I have one word: grrr.

But just think of the lovely robot poster ya got as a bonus!:o
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • But just think of the lovely robot poster ya got as a bonus!:o

riiiighhtt...lovely robot poster. again, grrr.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • bostonlou wrote:
    as you said... it's a matter of opinion...

you just think you're the expert on framing... and that's your opinion too :)

i think yours has too much white and that combined with the black frame makes it look cheap

but i've never framed anything except the iron on patches i got from Activision for getting a high score on my Atari back in the 80s :) so what do i know

Never said I was an expert, but 5 years of framing I think I know what I am doing... if you saw the piece in person you wouldnt think it was cheap... besides it's a $350 retail frame job and it looks like it...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    But just think of the lovely robot poster ya got as a bonus!:o

puke
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life