Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• why dont you try writing to Ames Bros. and voicing your discontent instead of just complaining on a pearl jam message board.
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    good talk. if there is ever a place to voice your opinion, it certainly isn't a message board.
  • all i need to finish my poster collection for the shows i attended: Boston 2000 and Montreal 2003...i have to say that this poster madness has been fun :) If i ever snag Gorge 2006 i'll be looking for a trade!
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    So wait, how many of these Aussie posters will they print? Litho is a cheaper process, right? So how much are they selling these at the shows? I know the silkscreens sold for $25 here in the US.

i believe they go for $25 AUD at the show which I think is like $19-$20 USD

so this set is $29 USD for each one ... $10 more than show prices .. not bad

i got a response back that my PayPal was received

then i asked about the number of prints... no response yet

guess i was due to blow some cash since i missed (thankfully) the euro sub sale while on vacation ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • what up Louie?

I have a feeling that today is Hammy day....
    Never said I was an expert, but 5 years of framing I think I know what I am doing... if you saw the piece in person you wouldnt think it was cheap... besides it's a $350 retail frame job and it looks like it...

just pushin the buttons ;)

i know you've got experience framing

it's just odd how in one post you agree that it's all in the eye of the beholder... but then tell sweet ad all the things he's done "wrong"

i don't think they're "wrong" if he likes it
    what up Louie?

I have a feeling that today is Hammy day....

hopefully you're right... i never trust shipping to canada... damn nosy customs people ;)
    [size=+5]Happy Birthday To Bathgate!!!!! You Old Bastard!!! :) [/size]
  • bostonlou wrote:
    [size=+5]Happy Birthday To Bathgate!!!!! You Old Bastard!!! :) [/size]

happy birthday bathgate! the big 4-0.

you need to drink a 40 oz. of olde english to celebrate!
  • and you need to listen to that sublime record too ;)
  • 24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    all i need to finish my poster collection for the shows i attended: Boston 2000 and Montreal 2003...i have to say that this poster madness has been fun :) If i ever snag Gorge 2006 i'll be looking for a trade!

i'll trade ya my montreal 03 for a gorge if your down for something like that?

ps i noticed dunder miflin is getting shut down. your thoughts?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thanks fellas.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks fellas.

i'll tip my 40 to ya'.
  • Happty Birthday Bath. IN regards to Birthday's, I am in need of an extra Northwest school for my buddies birthday. We had bought our two at the show, but several beers into i, he set them down and someone swiped them. Antway he is turning 30 and I wanted to get it back for him. Let me know if anyone has an extra available. I have some trades that some of you may be interested in.

http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?page=1&id=plorkowski&view=2

Thanks
    bostonlou wrote:

how " alfred hitchcocky"

nah but kidding aside thats pretty cool

dark and ominous. :eek:

we are back to that bird theme

like christopher in the sopranos looking at the bird in the window
    while he was being graduated to " a made guy "
    platessmall.jpg
  • whistlewhistle Posts: 268
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    how " alfred hitchcocky"
    nah but kidding aside thats pretty cool
    dark and ominous. :eek:
    we are back to that bird theme
    like christopher in the sopranos looking at the bird in the window
    while he was being graduated to " a made guy "

These posters have been pretty sweet! This is definitely my fav so far!
    Good old classic bird theme will always be better than green monsters in purple suits!!

Happy belated birthday Bath!
    http://www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=whistle55&view=4

08/22/98 - 06/29/03 - 09/28/04 - 10/02/04 - 09/11/05 - 09/12/05 - 09/13/05 - 09/19/05 - 05/09/06 - 05/10/06 - 05/16/06 - 05/19/06 <-- best bday present ever! - 12/02/06
    how about those koozie beer holders :eek:

i could do without the pre-sweat-stained shirts tho- i usually only buy black shirts anyhow.

:)

now c'mon bring on the DCs.

( & maybe the barcelona ) ;)
    platessmall.jpg
    AUSSIE POSTER INFO - From the distributor

Pearl Jam Posters Australian Tour
    Some info:
    Posters are not signed or numbered.
    They're printed offset on 100+ lb heavy art stock.
    A series of 12 different posters were made using four different artists each making 3 designs.

Approx 1000 posters were made of each design.
    Between 350 to 500 of each poster to be merched (depending on venue size)
    at respective gigs in OZ, which btway are selling out each nite.
    350 of each sent back to the US fanclub for sale later.
    100 of each go to the band, not for sale.
    150 stay in OZ for sale thru Beyond The Pale Posters.
    Regards
    John Harris
    Beyond The Pale Posters
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    bostonlou wrote:
    AUSSIE POSTER INFO - From the distributor

Pearl Jam Posters Australian Tour
    Some info:
    Posters are not signed or numbered.
    They're printed offset on 100+ lb heavy art stock.
    A series of 12 different posters were made using four different artists each making 3 designs.

Approx 1000 posters were made of each design.
    Between 350 to 500 of each poster to be merched (depending on venue size)
    at respective gigs in OZ, which btway are selling out each nite.
    350 of each sent back to the US fanclub for sale later.
    100 of each go to the band, not for sale.
    150 stay in OZ for sale thru Beyond The Pale Posters.
    Regards
    John Harris
    Beyond The Pale Posters
    OK to me these posters are crap. Offset posters are worthless and are no different than the posters Britney Spears sells at her concerts. Pearl Jam posters are dead if they want to continue to use this method. You can get a poster from each show and go to kinko's and make 10000 copies. No one could tell the difference. I will admit that this does make it much more accessable for people to get posters and eliminates most of ebay. The only problem is it eliminates the whole collecting aspect for me and most collectors. Silk screen is the way to go. If you have ever seen the silk screen process you would understand why the posters are more valuable. It's like comparing items that are homemade and items that are mass produced. My mom's apple pie, which takes her 30 minutes to prepare is much better than that prepackaged crap in your grocer's freezer.
    Qball wrote:
    OK to me these posters are crap. Offset posters are worthless and are no different than the posters Britney Spears sells at her concerts. Pearl Jam posters are dead if they want to continue to use this method. You can get a poster from each show and go to kinko's and make 10000 copies. No one could tell the difference. I will admit that this does make it much more accessable for people to get posters and eliminates most of ebay. The only problem is it eliminates the whole collecting aspect for me and most collectors. Silk screen is the way to go. If you have ever seen the silk screen process you would understand why the posters are more valuable. It's like comparing items that are homemade and items that are mass produced. My mom's apple pie, which takes her 30 minutes to prepare is much better than that prepackaged crap in your grocer's freezer.

I agree with all of this ( okay maybe i wouldnt call them crap ) . I couldnt believe when i heard they were like lithographs.
    I like the Silkscreening process also . Visually , as well as the use of colors is so much more vibrant , eye-catching and colorful , IMO . Then there is the collectablity factors involved .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I agree with all of this ( okay maybe i wouldnt call them crap ) . I couldnt believe when i heard they were like lithographs.
    I like the Silkscreening process also . Visually , as well as the use of colors is so much more vibrant , eye-catching and colorful , IMO . Then there is the collectablity factors involved .
    Yeah my bad for not clearing that up. My statement on calling them crap was definitely towards the printing process not the design. These artists work hard for these posters to look good and I definitely dig the designs just not the printing process.
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    I'm an art director and have done all these printing processes through the years, lithographs are not CRAP at all, they take probably more time than a silkscreen to make, each plate (color) still has to be hand drawn. The actual printing is done on a press, but there are usually lots more color in a litho, silkscreens are minimal in color, look at most ames and klausens, threes colors or less most of them. It is just a different technique. And you could not take it to kinkos and have it reproduced well, it would then look like CRAP. To reproduce these prints yourself on the same stock would cost as much as buying one. They are still limited so they are still collectible, these are about the same #of prints as all the other posters if not less, I know in '00 Ames were making 1200-2000 prints for the popular shows. I think it's great these new artists are getting a shot at doing these and the prints look better than anything PJ has done in years IMHO.
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
    britney looks hot again

just sayin

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Qball wrote:

Actually, unless Kinkos allows you to print on heavy duty 100+ pound paper using the advanced micro-ink tech used on these, don't think you would get anywhere near the same quality.
    Clever comment, but not entirely educated.
    I think you will be amazed at the quality of these posters. You could not have silkscreened that image as well.
    Silkscreens are hardly more vibrant than a quality litho. And let's face it, the art in these is far more advanced than anything from Ames and Klausen this year.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    so... how good would a color copy be of a silkscreen?
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Actually, unless Kinkos allows you to print on heavy duty 100+ pound paper using the advanced micro-ink tech used on these, don't think you would get anywhere near the same quality.
    Clever comment, but not entirely educated.
    I think you will be amazed at the quality of these posters. You could not have silkscreened that image as well.
    Silkscreens are hardly more vibrant than a quality litho. And let's face it, the art in these is far more advanced than anything from Ames and Klausen this year.
    Wrong..IMO the toronto Klausen is the best design of the year. Also as for your "You could not have silkscreened that image as well" you are 100% wrong I mean come on Joe I know your a smart poster collector and you've heard of a god named Emek
    Ween
    http://www.emek.net/posters/w/ween2.html 12 colors and amazing in person
    Ben Harper
    http://www.emek.net/posters/b/ben_harper.html 7 colors
    Nick Cave
    http://www.emek.net/posters/n/nick_cave.html
    If your into posters just navigate his site and you will see why he is the greatest ever!
    I was contemplating buying up some u2 lithograpphs, but all the good ones are sold out . :(

http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/0.7.13.0.1.3.1
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I was contemplating buying up some u2 lithograpphs, but all the good ones are sold out . :(

http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wo/0.7.13.0.1.3.1

maybe we could all learn from this one

http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wa/product?sku=KISCD037