Options

Juno in Juneau?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    jeffbr wrote:
    I guess time will tell. If the other baby was born in April, and this one is 5 months along, then she would would have done some pretty quick work. In 4 months time we'll know if this one is 5 months along I suppose. But by then Palin will probably be off the ticket, and we won't know either way.

Keep in mind who is telling us that she is 5 months pregnant. If she is only 2 months etc...it might actually add even more credibility to the first story.
  • Options
    Exactly. Palin and her husband announced it to the press. It's not being exploited. At least not yet. And it won't be officially. I'm sure some liberal bloggers etc. will be all over it, but you won't see the Obama campaign discuss it. They may even shun it and ask people to keep her personal life out of it and stick to the issues.
    they announced it to dispel sensational rumors started by liberal bloggers. this is swiftboat/monica lewinsky/McCain's black baby bullshit and just because republicans do it doesnt make it ok for dems to do it.

what ever happened to taking the high road?
    edit: oh wait this is politics i forgot.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    they announced it to dispel sensational rumors started by liberal bloggers. this is swiftboat/monica lewinsky/McCain's black baby bullshit and just because republicans do it doesnt make it ok for dems to do it.

Bloggers and fanatics on both sides will never take the high road. These people are among the dregs of society.

What needs to happen is for the politicians themselves to take the high road.

Bush never said anything condemning the swiftboating ads. He and Rove just wanted to win and at all cost and personal smear campaigns were Rove's specialty.

Hopefully Obama will live up to his speech and come out with a statement reiterating that personal matters like this should not be attacked for political reasons.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

Are you really that easy to convince? Mccain's camp is spoon feeding you.

They used the "dispel sensational rumors" excuse to side track the announcement. Clearly, at some point in the next 2 months it was going to come out that an "abstinence only" VP candidate had a 17 year old pregnant daughter!

They were just waiting for the best time to release it. They did it today because of Gustav and to make it seem like it was in response to the initial rumors.
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Are you really that easy to convince? Mccain's camp is spoon feeding you.

They used the "dispel sensational rumors" excuse to side track the announcement. Clearly, at some point in the next 2 months it was going to come out that an "abstinence only" VP candidate had a 17 year old pregnant daughter!

They were just waiting for the best time to release it. They did it today because of Gustav and to make it seem like it was in response to the initial rumors.
    so republicans started the rumor of the fake pregnancy?
  • Options
    What needs to happen is for the politicians themselves to take the high road.

Bush never said anything condemning the swiftboating ads. He and Rove just wanted to win and at all cost and personal smear campaigns were Rove's specialty.

Hopefully Obama will live up to his speech and come out with a statement reiterating that personal matters like this should not be attacked for political reasons.

Obama has indeed taken the high road, something the republican's NEVER would have done. Imagine if Biden had a 17 year old daughter who was prego?!?!

From NBC's Savannah Guthrie:
    In his media avail, Obama just responded to reporters' questions about the Bristol Palin story. Noting that his mother had him when she was 18 years old, Obama said families are "off limits" in campaigns. He was very impassioned.

"I've heard some of the news. I've said before I think families are off limits, children limits. It has no relevance," Obama said. "I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. My mom had me when she was 18. And how families deal with issues of children shouldn't be part of our politics.

Regarding to the accusation from the McCain camp that rumors of Bristol Palin were being spread by liberal bloggers, some with connections to the Obama campaign, the Illinois senator replied: "I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us. I hope I'm as clear as we can be. We don't go after people's families. Our people were not involved in any way. And if I thought anyone in my campaign they'd be fired."
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    so republicans started the rumor of the fake pregnancy?

Don't play dumb, its lame.

Of course not, but they used it in the press release to try and deflect the story line to make it seem like the Dems were in the wrong. They even went as low as to use Obama's name in the press release with no justification, sad and pathetic tactics.
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Obama has indeed taken the high road, something the republican's NEVER would have done. Imagine if Biden had a 17 year old daughter who was prego?!?!

From NBC's Savannah Guthrie:
    In his media avail, Obama just responded to reporters' questions about the Bristol Palin story. Noting that his mother had him when she was 18 years old, Obama said families are "off limits" in campaigns. He was very impassioned.

"I've heard some of the news. I've said before I think families are off limits, children limits. It has no relevance," Obama said. "I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. My mom had me when she was 18. And how families deal with issues of children shouldn't be part of our politics.

Regarding to the accusation from the McCain camp that rumors of Bristol Palin were being spread by liberal bloggers, some with connections to the Obama campaign, the Illinois senator replied: "I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us. I hope I'm as clear as we can be. We don't go after people's families. Our people were not involved in any way. And if I thought anyone in my campaign they'd be fired."

Well there you go! Good for him!
  • Options
    yup. all you stupid rape victims...listen to this guy.

Yep, murder a defenseless child because some bro raped you.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Yep, murder a defenseless child because some bro raped you.

Dude, this part of the conversation was about the validity of the methods promoted by Palin to curb unintended pregnancy - not about abortion. If you want to talk about abortion, come on back over to the abortion thread. Haven't seen you over there in awhile. :):p
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Don't play dumb, its lame.

Of course not, but they used it in the press release to try and deflect the story line to make it seem like the Dems were in the wrong. They even went as low as to use Obama's name in the press release with no justification, sad and pathetic tactics.
    that just tells me theyre not stupid. the dems played right into their hands and serves them right.

and good for Obama for not touching this.
  • Options
    Slightly longer report of Obama's comments.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-palin%E2%80%99s-family-off-limits/
    MONROE, Michigan (CNN) – Barack Obama told reporters firmly that families are off-limits in this campaign, reacting to news that Sarah Palin’s 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnant.

“Let me be as clear as possible,” said Obama, “I think people’s families are off-limits and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.”

Obama said reporters should “back off these kinds of stories” and noted that he was born to an 18 year-old mother.

“How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that’s off-limits.”

The Illinois senator became aggravated when asked about rumors on liberal blogs speculating that Palin’s fifth child - Trig - is actually her daughter Bristol’s. A Reuters report Monday quotes a senior McCain aide saying that Obama’s name is in some of posts, “in a way that certainly juxtaposes themselves against their 'campaign of change,’”

“I am offended by that statement,” Obama shot back, not letting the reporter finish his question. “There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us.”

“We don’t go after people’s families,” Obama said. “We don’t get them involved in the politics. It’s not appropriate and it’s not relevant. Our people were not involved in any way in this and they will not be. And if I ever thought that there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they’d be fired.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Sarah Palin just hired a lawyer to defend her in the Troopergate incident. The troubles for her are a swirling.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    she's a perfect republican:

she's pro life, pro gun, she's under investigation and she's a liar.
    NOBAMMA 2008!!!!
  • Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    So her daughter must have gotten pregnant when she was home from school with mono.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    mulva9 wrote:
    So her daughter must have gotten pregnant when she was home from school with mono.

nice point.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    g under p wrote:
    Sarah Palin just hired a lawyer to defend her in the Troopergate incident. The troubles for her are a swirling.

Peace

It appears now that lawyer was hired two weeks ago, but you know it wouldn't surprise me if Bristol a month from now loses this baby QUIETLY.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    mulva9 wrote:

Isn't that an ideal scenario for a miscarriage... or a baby born with, say, Downs Syndrome?
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    Isn't that an ideal scenario for a miscarriage... or a baby born with, say, Downs Syndrome?

Come on. Let's follow Obama on the high road and drop this non sense.