Options

Juno in Juneau?

Comments

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I mean I can't believe are actually believing the blog (Daily Kos) that this rumor started on.

I mean one of the pictures that is being used as evidence is from 2 years ago:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/v-gallery/story/339587.html?/news/alaska/v-enlarge/story/339587-a339583-t3.html

I mean Track is 19 and about to be shipped off in a few weeks.

So unless mothers now carry babies for 2 years instead of 9 months there is no way that the baby is not Sarah Palin's unless someone has better proof than that blog.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    I mean I can't believe are actually believing the blog (Daily Kos) that this rumor started on.

I mean one of the pictures that is being used as evidence is from 2 years ago:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/v-gallery/story/339587.html?/news/alaska/v-enlarge/story/339587-a339583-t3.html

I mean Track is 19 and about to be shipped off in a few weeks.

So unless mothers now carry babies for 2 years instead of 9 months there is no way that the baby is not Sarah Palin's unless someone has better proof than that blog.

I didnt notice that. What shotty journalism.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Solat13 wrote:
    The poster asked if the likelihood of giving birth to a baby with down syndrome increased with age and I put up information that answered his question and showed his supposition was correct.

Are you arguing the fact that the rate of prevalence doesn't goes up with age?

I wasn't arguing about who gives birth to more more babies with down syndrome because obviously since mothers in general are much more like to be younger than older the overall numbers would be skewed to show that many more more babies are born with down syndrome to younger mothers.

What the poster asked was if the rate increased with age and it does.

And the fact that amniocentesis test was given should point out that its more likely the mother of the baby was over 35. The amnio test has the slight chance of causing a miscarriage so its more likely to be given to mothers over 35 because the risk of genetic defect is much higher when a women gives birth over 35.

No, I'm not arguing anything. I know about rates of Down Syndrome and blah, blah, blah. I guess my question - What's the point? - was more for the original poster, who seemed to be suggesting that higher Downs rates in older women is indicative that this is Palin's baby.
  • Options
    digster wrote:
    I really wish the Left would not pull the shit. True or not, it's the bullshit Karl Rove kind of politics that should supposedly separate the two parties. This is how Republicans have won the last two presidential elections. Stuff like this should NOT be how Obama wins.

I agree 100%.

But keep in mind this is all some random blog at this point. It's not like the Obama campaign is holding press conferences about this or anything.

And I'd hope they wouldn't, especially after Obama's speech where he said he wanted politics to no longer be about personal attacks.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    I agree 100%.

But keep in mind this is all some random blog at this point. It's not like the Obama campaign is holding press conferences about this or anything.

And I'd hope they wouldn't, especially after Obama's speech where he said he wanted politics to no longer be about personal attacks.

Yeah, but like it or not, it's a reflection. After all, the Swift Boaters were never officially connected to the Bush campaign, either.
  • Options
    I agree 100%.

You are right, but if it gains to many legs it can still hurt. With certain blogs and media personalities having so much influence, I think much of the general public still associates certain talking heads or bloggers as a reflection of the party. Who doesnt associate fox news with republicans? WHo doesnt associate the Huffington post or dailykos with the dems?
  • Options
    If it keeps growing, Obama should condemn it and say that her personal life has no bearing on her campaign and ask the media to drop it.

I doubt he will, but based on his speech that's what he should do.

Hopefully it stays a random blog story and never gets to the point that he needs to worry about it.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I didn't know it's a criminal offense to adopt your daughter's child. Assuming the wildly speculative allegations are true, which they aren't, then how would it be illegal to adopt your daughter's child?

Um, adoption is a LEGAL issue there chief and would first entail having the daughter admit that she was the mother of the child. IF the allegations are true, then what Sara Palin did is not adoption, but rather a lie!
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    Perhaps it would be wrong to conceal your pregnancy to save the reputation of your daughter...I can think of worse.

How about concealing your daughter's pregnancy to save your own reputation?
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    But I should expect no less from the likes of the DailyKos. Pathetic journalism with no facts and ardent speculation. Anyone who believes this story is a moron.

We report. You decide. I'm sure you were just as sympathetic to John Edwards (ha!)

I love how Republicans shrivel, whimper and whine when given a taste of their own medicine. Go have a pill with your buddy Rush and I'm sure you'll feel better.
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    PEPPER wrote:
    ....the Dems do that also...

Yeah, but Dems do the whining and whimpering routine regardless of the situation :)
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    dg1979us wrote:
    I didnt notice that. What shotty journalism.

You didn't notice it before, because that caption, attempting to explain the photo as a '06 photo just surfaced on the web yesterday....Anyone can caption a photo.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Well there goes this story, it's being announced right now that Sarah's 17 yr old Bristol is pregnant and having a baby. She also intends on marrying the father of this baby to be. This is from Fox News.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Here's one of the stories from the NY Post...PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Well there goes this story, it's being announced right now that Sarah's 17 yr old Bristol is pregnant and having a baby. She also intends on marrying the father of this baby to be. This is from Fox News.

Peace

I don't know whether or not she is the 4 month old's mother, but I don't think just because her daughter is pregant now disqualifies her from being the mother of the 4 month old. The 2 kids would be a year apart---Irish Twins. That is, unless her daughter is currently 3-4 months pregnant right now.
  • Options
    I don't know whether or not she is the 4 month old's mother, but I don't think just because her daughter is pregant now disqualifies her from being the mother of the 4 month old. The 2 kids would be a year apart---Irish Twins. That is, unless her daughter is currently 3-4 months pregnant right now.

Man who the hell knows this story more smelly as we go along here. Apparently McCain knew about this pregnancy and it still seems like political suicide choosing Palin but the maverick went ahead anyway.

Maybe in a way he doesn't want to win this election....*Who Knows Where The Cold wind Blows*

Peace

• Options
    I wonder if he really knew, or if they're just saying that know, so he doesn't look stupid. i read a report yesterday that said she wasn't vetted at all. A reporter called one of Alaska's major newspapers, looking for all the articles they have on her, since their archives are not online. the woman at the paper told the reprter that he was the first person to call and request their archives. Ever
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

*I think the needle just spiked on my Bullshitometer* :)

Jesus! What is it they say... when you find yourself in a hole the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING!!!
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    I wonder if he really knew, or if they're just saying that know, so he doesn't look stupid. i read a report yesterday that said she wasn't vetted at all. A reporter called one of Alaska's major newspapers, looking for all the articles they have on her, since their archives are not online. the woman at the paper told the reprter that he was the first person to call and request their archives. Ever

True he may not have known and is just covering it up. Things just aren't going very well and it looks like NOLA and the Gulf Region are going to fair well. So a complete regroup for the RNC appears to be needed to re-energize the party. Bush is on now dicussing how much better coordination on this storm has been.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Maybe in a way he doesn't want to win this election....*Who Knows Where The Cold wind Blows*

Peace

I'm starting to wonder...
  • Options
    I'm starting to wonder...

I'm going to start a thread as to why I've been saying it's gauranteed that Obama is going to be th next President. Just some small things happening here in DC.

Peace

• Options

Apparently, McCain wanted his friend Joe Lieberman to be his veep. But the conservatives would have none of that. In fact, Karl Rove apparently called Lieberman personally and basically begged him to turn McCain down if the offer was made.So Palin was plan B... which is probably why nobody did a very thorough job of vetting her.

Right now, I suspect McCain is calling Karl Rove on the phone saying "I told you so."
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    Politically, I don't really see this having any impact. Social conservatives are not going to bolt to Obama. I don't really see their grand plan for the disaffected-Hillary vote getting destroyed, either.
  • Options
    digster wrote:
    Politically, I don't really see this having any impact. Social conservatives are not going to bolt to Obama.

Probably not, but they might well stay home on Tuesday. Either way, mission accomplished.
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Here's one of the stories from the NY Post...PALIN ADMITS HER 17-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT

Peace

Wow. This is just one more example of how well the conservative methods of preventing unintended pregnancy really work. :(
  • Options
    Wait, wait wait... Sarah Palin named her children Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig?!?! That alone shows bad judgement to me! :p
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    Wait, wait wait... Sarah Palin named her children Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig?!?! That alone shows bad judgement to me! :p
    bullshit rumors aside, i have to agree.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So just to be clear, the DailyKOS and Huffingtonpost were full of shit on this issue, right?

No surprise to me, but how people can use these sources and make fun of people for quoting Limbaugh or FoxNews shows incredible hypocracy.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Does anyone realize that McCain and Palin dumped this on the day Gustav hit land while we're all distracted? What a dick move.