Options

Juno in Juneau?

Comments

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    jeffbr wrote:
    So just to be clear, the DailyKOS and Huffingtonpost were full of shit on this issue, right?

Were they? I'm not saying I believe them, but I don't have any reason to believe they're full of shit. I know the new article said the daughter is 5 months pregnant, but don't have any reason to believe that number hasn't been skewed at all when the whole point of releasing the story was to combat the first one.
  • Options
    THE BOYZ ARE BACK IN TOWN< THE INDEPENDENT TRUCK DRIVERS THAT ARE SELLING THE TRUCKS AND NOT ABOE TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES> DID YOU KNOW THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BREAKING THEIR BACKS TRYING TO JUST SURVIVE?
    DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST THE DICTATORSHIP?
    UNITE MARCH BEAT THE DRUMS PEACEFULLY LIKE MUSIC MEN DO> LOBO>MY DOG NAMES IS BOO BOO>> MISTAKE BIG ONE>>>>>>>>>>>ZZZ 123 zero.
    call KZEL 96.1 Eugene Oregon and request all along the watch tower and HEY JOE FOR JOE BIDEN>>> WHERE ARE YA GOING MY FRIEND?? STOP AND HAVE A NICE DAY>> THE SUN IS BRIGHT AS DAYLIGHT BREAKS ON EARTH>> IWILL See you on the other side of the sun.. a little girl and her flowers?? DYLAN YOU ROCK MY SONG AND YOUR SONG. FOR what it is worth???? ZZZ ZERO BAM BAM
    Oboma OBA OBI one please call me... OPERATOR CAMS CAN YOU SEE ME WITH your double visioone>>>ZZ<<<<
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    scb wrote:
    Were they? I'm not saying I believe them, but I don't have any reason to believe they're full of shit. I know the new article said the daughter is 5 months pregnant, but don't have any reason to believe that number hasn't been skewed at all when the whole point of releasing the story was to combat the first one.

It is the first story I reference, sorry for any misunderstanding. The initial story about the daughter being involved in a relationship with the brother and having the child, and Palin claiming it was her 5th. That story was exlusive to the wacky fringe sites. But it started to get a little traction, and even the mainstream media were starting to make noise, so the Palin camp released this news, to quell the bogus story.

So I agree that the point of releasing this latest one was to combat the first one, and rightly so.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    So just to be clear, the DailyKOS and Huffingtonpost were full of shit on this issue, right?

No surprise to me, but how people can use these sources and make fun of people for quoting Limbaugh or FoxNews shows incredible hypocracy.

I dont think the Huffingtonpost ran with the first story. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    I dont think the Huffingtonpost ran with the first story. Could be wrong though.

I thought KOS did, and Huffington picked it up quickly. Part of the problem with those sites is that anyone can post anything, so it is sometimes hard to tell if it was just a random post, or if it was something they endorse.
  • Options
    Does anyone realize that McCain and Palin dumped this on the day Gustav hit land while we're all distracted? What a dick move.
    how terrible of them to bury a mudslinging rumorfilled story on a 17 YEAR OLD GIRL that has no bearing on voters when no one is watching.

this whole thing is trashy
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    I thought KOS did, and Huffington picked it up quickly. Part of the problem with those sites is that anyone can post anything, so it is sometimes hard to tell if it was just a random post, or if it was something they endorse.

Oh I am sure there were comments from posters about it, but I never saw the actual story of it from the site. I think KOS picked it up from another site. I could have just missed it, but I looked for it on huffpo and never saw it. They do have the current one up, but that one at least appears to be true.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    how terrible of them to bury a mudslinging rumorfilled story on a 17 YEAR OLD GIRL that has no bearing on voters when no one is watching.

this whole thing is trashy

omg. I didn't even think about it that way.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    jeffbr wrote:

jeffbr wrote:

Not necessarily. This whole thing is just too weird, right now. Too many things just don't add up on too many different levels. And the timing of this latest revelation seems to fall into the "how convenient" category.

Let's pull out all the paranoia stops here for a minute and think about this scenario.

1.) Daily KOS, et. al were spot on accurate. In reality, Sara Palin covering for her pregnant daughter by claiming Trig as her own isn't really all that shocking. I think it would've been more common, say, 50 years ago. Except, that back then it would've meant sending the unwed mother away to "boarding school" and later giving the child up for adoption. If Sara Palin had quietly remained governor of Alaska, she probably could've kept up the charade for quite some time. But apparently, her ambition got the best of her.

2.) Palin was, in fact, NOT McCain's top pick for VP. It was Joe Lieberman. But this angered the GOP insiders on too many levels, so McCain had to quickly find an alternate candidate. Which is why Sara Palin was never properly vetted. How anybody came up with her is beyond me... unless every other potential woman turned down the offer. Joe Lieberman wouldn't have needed to go through all that much vetting, anyway. He did that eight years ago.

3.) Due to the poor vetting procedure, McCain probably didn't know all the inside details about Trig and mistakenly took Sara Palin at face value.

4.) Once this story, which actually began several months ago in Alaska, began to get wings on a national level, there needed to a quick out to make the problem go away. It would've been perfectly understandable to keep Trig out of the campaign spotlight. Hell, who wants to take an infant campaigning... that's what nanny's are for. But keeping Bristol out of the spotlight would've been more problematic. And if this whole story hadn't come out now, it would've come out eventually... probably at a far less opportune time. Announcing *now* that Bristol is pregnant, etc., etc., allows the family a perfect opportunity to send her back to Alaska and away from the media. They do this, fully expecting McCain to lose and that this will all be over in 2 months.

5.) In the next few days (probably in the next 24 hours or so to avoid convention problems), Sara Palin announces that "due to family issues" she is withdrawing from the VP candidacy and that she asks for privacy during this difficult time.

6.) McCain says "I told you so" and announces Joe Lieberman as his vice president.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    Wow. This is just one more example of how well the conservative methods of preventing unintended pregnancy really work. :(

Unintended pregnancy has been happening since the dawn of time: for a long time, no one ever thought it was necessary to abort their children. They had the baby and supported it, gave it a loving home.

A good way of preventing unintended pregnancy is to not fuck people that you aren't married to.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    Not necessarily. This whole thing is just too weird, right now. Too many things just don't add up on too many different levels. And the timing of this latest revelation seems to fall into the "how convenient" category.

Let's pull out all the paranoia stops here for a minute and think about this scenario.

1.) Daily KOS, et. al were spot on accurate. In reality, Sara Palin covering for her pregnant daughter by claiming Trig as her own isn't really all that shocking. I think it would've been more common, say, 50 years ago. Except, that back then it would've meant sending the unwed mother away to "boarding school" and later giving the child up for adoption. If Sara Palin had quietly remained governor of Alaska, she probably could've kept up the charade for quite some time. But apparently, her ambition got the best of her.

It isnt spot on accurate, it is completely false.
  • Options
    My Mama always said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire!"
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    omg. I didn't even think about it that way.
    apparently no one else did either, including myself at first. or they just dont care.

cant imaging being a knocked up teenager AND being judged by the entire country AND potentially derailing your mom's career AND being exploited for political gain.

Plus i promise you conservatives dont give a shit. my conservative peeps in Mississippi excel at teen pregnancy.

fucking classy!
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    apparently no one else did either, including myself at first. or they just dont care.

cant imaging being a knocked up teenager AND being judged by the entire country AND potentially derailing your mom's career AND being exploited for political gain.

Plus i promise you conservatives dont give a shit. my conservative peeps in Mississippi excel at teen pregnancy.

fucking classy!

Remind me again? Why did McCain choose Sarah Palin? :p:D

Imagine if all this crap were swirling around Obama. He'd be a goner.
  • Options
    Remind me again? Why did McCain choose Sarah Palin? :p:D

Imagine if all this crap were swirling around Obama. He'd be a goner.
    yeah probably
  • Options
    A good way of preventing unintended pregnancy is to not fuck people that you aren't married to.

Obviously.

But most people can't seem to stop fucking people they aren't married to. How many times must abstinence only "education" fail before they give up?
  • Options
    John McCain says he has better judgement than his opponent.
  • Options
    What I'm wondering is why the McCain/Palin campaign is thinking. They knew Palin was coming to the campaign with all of this. They should dump all of the percieved scandal stuff at once and get it over with. What else can we expect in the next few days?

To his credit, McCain said Palin has a compelling story. I guess he was right.
  • Options

LOL, good one
  • Options
    But most people can't seem to stop fucking people they aren't married to. How many times must abstinence only "education" fail before they give up?

Yep. I feel bad for her daughter.

But I don't feel bad for Palin herself at all. It's poetic justice when people espouse stupid views like Abstinence only education get a dose of reality at home.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    Yep. I feel bad for her daughter.

But I don't feel bad for Palin herself at all. It's poetic justice when people espouse stupid views like Abstinence only education get a dose of reality at home.

I feel bad that, apparently, Bristol Palin has become a living example of Gov. Palin's incorrect stance on sex ed.

And I really feel bad that the girl has to go through what is probably the biggest challenge of her life on a national stage. Whether people say this aloud or not (and I suspect they won't), she's been forced to become a poster child for proof that abstinence-only ed doesn't work.
  • Options
    What I'm wondering is why the McCain/Palin campaign is thinking. They knew Palin was coming to the campaign with all of this. They should dump all of the percieved scandal stuff at once and get it over with. What else can we expect in the next few days?

LMAO... compelling like a fucking Lifetime movie!

Ugh, I hate the fact that this girl's life (and her unborn child) is being viewed in this way. But you just can't ignore the irony.

Life is strange.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    she's been forced to become a poster child for proof that abstinence-only ed doesn't work.

Nobody says, "I wanna be a poster child when I grow up."

:)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    MrSmith wrote:

fucking classy!

1 week ago, no one knew who Bristol Palin was, now 300 million people know she is a prego 17 year old. That isn't the media's fault, or democrat's faults etc...it is her selfish mother's fault, she clearly knew this would be an issue when it came out.
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    1 week ago, no one knew who Bristol Palin was, now 300 million people know she is a prego 17 year old. That isn't the media's fault, or democrat's faults etc...it is her selfish mother's fault, she clearly knew this would be an issue when it came out.
    give me a break. the democrats are just as responsible for exploiting this. they could just point out abstinence doesnt work and let it go, and if they are smart they will.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    It is the first story I reference, sorry for any misunderstanding. The initial story about the daughter being involved in a relationship with the brother and having the child, and Palin claiming it was her 5th. That story was exlusive to the wacky fringe sites. But it started to get a little traction, and even the mainstream media were starting to make noise, so the Palin camp released this news, to quell the bogus story.

So I agree that the point of releasing this latest one was to combat the first one, and rightly so.

No, no, I think I understood you.

I'm saying the 2nd story doesn't prove that the 1st one was full of shit. The only thing in the 2nd story that would disprove the 1st one is the assertion about how far along she is. I don't necessarily believe that (or disbelieve) the bit about the dating any more than I believe (or disbelieve) the 1st story. (I didn't catch the bit about the brother in the 1st story, btw.) Seems to me like they have ample motive to skew her pregnancy dating in the 2nd story. Of course, we really don't know about any of this.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    MrSmith wrote:
    give me a break. the democrats are just as responsible for exploiting this. they could just point out abstinence doesnt work and let it go, and if they are smart they will.

Who has exploited it? The story is simply being reported, and commented on. How is that exploitation? I prefer my politicians to have opinions.

Side question, will Bristol Palin (a minor) and her baby and future husband be moving into the VP mansion if Mccain wins? Will tax payers ulitimately be raising this kid?
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    No, no, I think I understood you.

I'm saying the 2nd story doesn't prove that the 1st one was full of shit. The only thing in the 2nd story that would disprove the 1st one is the assertion about how far along she is. I don't necessarily believe that (or disbelieve) the bit about the dating any more than I believe (or disbelieve) the 1st story. (I didn't catch the bit about the brother in the 1st story, btw.) Seems to me like they have ample motive to skew her pregnancy dating in the 2nd story. Of course, we really don't know about any of this.

I guess time will tell. If the other baby was born in April, and this one is 5 months along, then she would would have done some pretty quick work. In 4 months time we'll know if this one is 5 months along I suppose. But by then Palin will probably be off the ticket, and we won't know either way.
  • Options
    Unintended pregnancy has been happening since the dawn of time: for a long time, no one ever thought it was necessary to abort their children. They had the baby and supported it, gave it a loving home.

Notwithstanding the fact that unintended pregnancies happen even when you fuck people you ARE married to, I'm just saying that obviously the "don't fuck people you're not married to" birth control plan didn't work out for them.

Hope all goes well for the girl and her child though...
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Who has exploited it? The story is simply being reported, and commented on. How is that exploitation? I prefer my politicians to have opinions.

Exactly. Palin and her husband announced it to the press. It's not being exploited. At least not yet. And it won't be officially. I'm sure some liberal bloggers etc. will be all over it, but you won't see the Obama campaign discuss it. They may even shun it and ask people to keep her personal life out of it and stick to the issues.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II