Options

Juno in Juneau?

Comments

• Options
    you know, dragging a poor 16 year old girl through the mud cuz of her mom is a politician is some sleezy fucking shit. at least have the decency not to post her pictures or face in the story.

the more i think about it the more it pisses me off. the democrats might be wise not to push this.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

who gives a shit really?

the same people that give a shit about a cigar! ;)
  • Options
    the same people that give a shit about a cigar! ;)
    yeah but that blew up in their face too.
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    I dont think a predictable ticket would have helped him much, where as this at least has a chance of helping him.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

I think this hurt his already slim chances. A surprise pick would have been better than a predictable one. But he needed someone more moderate as those swing voters will determine the election, not how many evangelicals stay home. Again, most of them will show up regardless just to vote against Obama.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    Even if this were true, which the outright lies in the DailyKos would not indicate, it would be admirable for Palin to adopt the child.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    If the story of her fifth childs birth are true, and it is her child, just the decisions she made no not have the child in Texas, and go through such elaborate measures to get back to Alaska are troublesome. She put the child at risk unnecessarily.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Even if this were true, which the outright lies in the DailyKos would not indicate, it would be admirable for Palin to adopt the child.

Not if she felt the need to lie about it. That shows shame, deception, etc.
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    This is hilarious but sad. This, if true, will be hilarious to watch. Very sad that the biggest office in the land has come to being run by fucking idiots like these assholes.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453

Are you serious? If its true it would be a nightmare...

Among other things, she would be defrauding the IRS, and her insurance company. It would be a criminal offense.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    g under p wrote:
    It appears they do have some trail on her daughter Bristol from the article....

My question why would governor Palin feeel the need to hide this pregancy of her daughter? Maybe it's family member that's the father but in either casr gettin to the bottom of this shouldn't be too difficult.

Let's see if any major news agency picks up the story.

Peace

She would lose any and all votes from hardcore conservatives if her 17 year old daughter had a child out of wedlock. That is the reason to cover it up.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Politicians business isn't our own, so why is their families?

And this coming from a staunch liberal... I wouldn't have voted for McCain anyways (well, I can't vote, I'm only 17...) , but in no reason should this effect the election (it might, but it SHOULDN'T).
    I do feel however Palin and her daughter should be upfront and honest, for the child's sake alone, but however, it is their choice.

Wow, I can't believe I defended a republican.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    Taft wrote:

Among other things, she would be defrauding the IRS, and her insurance company. It would be a criminal offense.

Of course that would assume she used insurance and not her own money to pay for the medical care, and it would also assume she didnt legally adopt the child. There is absolutely no verifiable proof of this. The article even says things like 'mono lasting 8 months would be a freak oddity', which is not the least bit true. There are plenty of instances where mono lasts 8 months or more. This whole story is a stretch at this point.
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    If the story of her fifth childs birth are true, and it is her child, just the decisions she made no not have the child in Texas, and go through such elaborate measures to get back to Alaska are troublesome. She put the child at risk unnecessarily.

That is of course, if you believe that story. Again, that is unsubstantiated and I believe I read where she says she was not in labor in Texas.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    so glad im not a politician. my 18 year old daughter had no problem telling me she was pregnant. it matters to me not one iota what people think. if more people minded their own business about personal issues that dont concern them, this world would be a better and more accepting place.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dg1979us wrote:
    That is of course, if you believe that story. Again, that is unsubstantiated and I believe I read where she says she was not in labor in Texas.

If it's untrue, which I believe until I see proof, then I still have an issue with her decision to give the speech and then jump on an 8 hr plane ride, without notifiying the airline, and have the baby in Alaska. That's ubsurd. Also, why hide your pregnancy for 7 months, or at least 5 ish from when she would most likely have known? If it's a bs story by the left, then I have real issue with those that would create this story, it's straight out of the Karl Rove playbook.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
  • Options
    Taft wrote:

I didn't know it's a criminal offense to adopt your daughter's child. Assuming the wildly speculative allegations are true, which they aren't, then how would it be illegal to adopt your daughter's child?

Oh, I suppose it should be legal to murder the child, but not to adopt it.
    She would lose any and all votes from hardcore conservatives if her 17 year old daughter had a child out of wedlock. That is the reason to cover it up.

LOL! This could not be a more egregious miscalculation about the moral judgment of conservatives. Her daughter having a child out of wedlock in no way impunes the character of Palin.

And, of course, her daughter didn't have a child out of wedlock. This story is a fabrication.

But I should expect no less from the likes of the DailyKos. Pathetic journalism with no facts and ardent speculation. Anyone who believes this story is a moron.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options

if true, she did nothing admirable, she hid her daughters pregnancy for the protection of her political career. If it's true, she wouldn't adopt the child if she was hiding the truth, because it would be easy for everyone to check on.

Stop by:
  • Options
    If it's untrue, which I believe until I see proof, then I still have an issue with her decision to give the speech and then jump on an 8 hr plane ride, without notifiying the airline, and have the baby in Alaska. That's ubsurd. Also, why hide your pregnancy for 7 months, or at least 5 ish from when she would most likely have known? If it's a bs story by the left, then I have real issue with those that would create this story, it's straight out of the Karl Rove playbook.

If it's untrue that you're a hermaphrodite, which I believe until I see proof, then I still have an issue with your posting ridiculously fallacious statements on this board. You see? Someone could make up anything they want about you and you would constantly have to disprove it. Or we could just assume that you're not a hermaphrodite...

Your "issue" with her jumping on an 8 hour plane ride is ... well...completely irrelevant to anyone but you. Again, you have no idea what the pertinent facts are because that story was a complete fabrication. Don't feign incredulity because you were wrong about the first accusation. Then yer scrambling for another issue to be indignant about. Whatever...

I like how you won't believe it's untrue until you see proof. haha, how many things could we say that about, besides you being a hermaphrodite? Your reliance on this story indicates that you are quite gullible for anything that makes a Right winger look bad, regardless of its veracity.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    if true, she did nothing admirable, she hid her daughters pregnancy for the protection of her political career. If it's true, she wouldn't adopt the child if she was hiding the truth, because it would be easy for everyone to check on.

Presenting, one night only: the warped rationalizations of the leftist ideologue.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    I like how you won't believe it's untrue until you see proof. haha, how many things could we say that about, besides you being a hermaphrodite? Your reliance on this story indicates that you are quite gullible for anything that makes a Right winger look bad, regardless of its veracity.

Uh... I'm pretty sure that's not what s/he said. Beachdweller can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe s/he said s/he WOULD believe it's untrue until seeing proof.
  • Options
    corporatewhore - you're way off on this one.

Adopting your child's kid: admirable

Making up a fake pregnancy, putting your daughter in fake-sickness-hiding, going to extraordinary lengths to rush back to Alaska to make it look like you had a baby and conceal your daughter's shameful birth-out-of-wedlock: Ridiculous, embarrassing and shameful...

I don't believe this story to be true, but playing Devil's advocate, if it was, there would be no defending Palin's actions...
  • Options
    NakedClown wrote:
    corporatewhore - you're way off on this one.

Adopting your child's kid: admirable

Making up a fake pregnancy, putting your daughter in fake-sickness-hiding, going to extraordinary lengths to rush back to Alaska to make it look like you had a baby and conceal your daughter's shameful birth-out-of-wedlock: Ridiculous, embarrassing and shameful...

I don't believe this story to be true, but playing Devil's advocate, if it was, there would be no defending Palin's actions...

Perhaps it would be wrong to conceal your pregnancy to save the reputation of your daughter...I can think of worse. Ridiculous is right: I can't imagine why anyone would believe this story.

Another fact that is problematic for this case: down's syndrome babies tend to be born from older women, not young girls. Her 5th child has DS.

As women get older, the likelihood of DS goes up. Palin was in her 40s when she had the child, if I am correct.

Not saying that entirely disproves these allegations, but it offers doubt.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    If it's untrue that you're a hermaphrodite, which I believe until I see proof, then I still have an issue with your posting ridiculously fallacious statements on this board. You see? Someone could make up anything they want about you and you would constantly have to disprove it. Or we could just assume that you're not a hermaphrodite...

Your "issue" with her jumping on an 8 hour plane ride is ... well...completely irrelevant to anyone but you. Again, you have no idea what the pertinent facts are because that story was a complete fabrication. Don't feign incredulity because you were wrong about the first accusation. Then yer scrambling for another issue to be indignant about. Whatever...lol, your're clueless, if she broke water, then gave a speech and took a flight home without seeking medical attention, that will play to her decision making, as an unnecessary risk, which will be attacked.

I like how you won't believe it's untrue until you see proof. haha, how many things could we say that about, besides you being a hermaphrodite? Your reliance on this story indicates that you are quite gullible for anything that makes a Right winger look bad, regardless of its veracity.this one is a typo, and I take responsibility for that. Of course I won't believe until I see proof, but if you took the kos case to court, it would get a hearing just on the cercumstantial evidence, if that alone could be proven. So it would be worthy of being looked into. Again, typo, I don't believe it, and haven't seen proof.

as for you ignorant personal comments and of labeling me, that shows for more negatively about you than anything I've stated.

Stop by:
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Perhaps it would be wrong to conceal your pregnancy to save the reputation of your daughter...I can think of worse. Ridiculous is right: I can't imagine why anyone would believe this story.

Another fact that is problematic for this case: down's syndrome babies tend to be born from older women, not young girls. Her 5th child has DS.

As women get older, the likelihood of DS goes up. Palin was in her 40s when she had the child, if I am correct.

Not saying that entirely disproves these allegations, but it offers doubt.

You are correct in saying that down syndrome births are more prevalent with older mothers.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1072.html

The risk of Down syndrome increases with the mother’s age. Under age 30, the risk is about 1 in 1500 births. Above age 35, the risk has increased to the degree that amniocentesis is often recommended to detect the syndrome. Still, the risk at age 35-39 is given as only 1 in 200 to 270 births. For all women over age 40, the combined risk is 1 in 60 to 85 births (specific risks are available by age).
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Presenting, one night only: the warped rationalizations of the leftist ideologue.

actually, it's your cluelessness on display. Nothing leftist about my statement.

Stop by:
  • Options

But the baby was born prematurely. If her water had not broken, then why would it be wrong to fly? I am certainly not an expert on pregnancies so I am sincerely asking that. There is just way to much unsubstantiated information for me to take this seriously at this point. I could be wrong obviously, but at this point I give her the benefit of the doubt.

Now I did find this picture, where she is clearly pregnant. The pic is not dated, and she does have a 7 year old, but she looks about the same from an age perspective in this picture as she does now. So without a date certainly doesnt prove anything I realize that, but worth looking at anyway.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p312/CO757300/Other/Sarah%20Palin/SarahPalin-13.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    dg1979us wrote:
    Now I did find this picture, where she is clearly pregnant. The pic is not dated, and she does have a 7 year old, but she looks about the same from an age perspective in this picture as she does now. So without a date certainly doesnt prove anything I realize that, but worth looking at anyway.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p312/CO757300/Other/Sarah%20Palin/SarahPalin-13.jpg

YUP she looks very pregnant in that picture.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Solat13 wrote:
    You are correct in saying that down syndrome births are more prevalent with older mothers.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1072.html

The risk of Down syndrome increases with the mother’s age. Under age 30, the risk is about 1 in 1500 births. Above age 35, the risk has increased to the degree that amniocentesis is often recommended to detect the syndrome. Still, the risk at age 35-39 is given as only 1 in 200 to 270 births. For all women over age 40, the combined risk is 1 in 60 to 85 births (specific risks are available by age).

Yes, but more Downs babies are born to younger mothers, so what's the point?
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    scb wrote:
    Yes, but more Downs babies are born to younger mothers, so what's the point?

The poster asked if the likelihood of giving birth to a baby with down syndrome increased with age and I put up information that answered his question and showed his supposition was correct.

Are you arguing the fact that the rate of prevalence doesn't goes up with age?

I wasn't arguing about who gives birth to more more babies with down syndrome because obviously since mothers in general are much more like to be younger than older the overall numbers would be skewed to show that many more more babies are born with down syndrome to younger mothers.

What the poster asked was if the rate increased with age and it does.

And the fact that amniocentesis test was given should point out that its more likely the mother of the baby was over 35. The amnio test has the slight chance of causing a miscarriage so its more likely to be given to mothers over 35 because the risk of genetic defect is much higher when a women gives birth over 35.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    I really wish the Left would not pull the shit. True or not, it's the bullshit Karl Rove kind of politics that should supposedly separate the two parties. This is how Republicans have won the last two presidential elections. Stuff like this should NOT be how Obama wins.