Options

Mel Gibson: Radical Christian Fundamentalist?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    WindNoSail wrote:
    Maybe I am just a fool, but as much as I dislike war I think militaries exist in this world because of the protection of their citizens first. I think militaries are neccessary at this point in human existence. So are the police.

Guess I think there are rules that the game must be played by. Terrorism destabalizes the whole game. You can't negotiate with terrorists, you can't have a soveirgn nation within another, you can't make citizens the target to control policies. If you follow this line of thinking we are actually reverting back to a tribal system.

This is just all history and political science and the nature of man rolled up in what could be a very deep discussion.

I don't like anyone dying by any hand, but we have to get rid of terrorism before you will ever get rid of militaries.

Thumbs up from me ... For what its worth.
    :)
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    Maybe I am just a fool, but as much as I dislike war I think militaries exist in this world because of the protection of their citizens first. I think militaries are neccessary at this point in human existence. So are the police.

Guess I think there are rules that the game must be played by. Terrorism destabalizes the whole game. You can't negotiate with terrorists, you can't have a soveirgn nation within another, you can't make citizens the target to control policies. If you follow this line of thinking we are actually reverting back to a tribal system.

This is just all history and political science and the nature of man rolled up in what could be a very deep discussion.

I don't like anyone dying by any hand, but we have to get rid of terrorism before you will ever get rid of militaries.

Terrorism is their form of military. And it is no differnet than the actions of our own military. They seek to protect their people just as our military is supposed to do.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Terrorism is their form of military. And it is no differnet than the actions of our own military. They seek to protect their people just as our military is supposed to do.

How can a terrorist group defend a nation? What nation do they represent. What formal body of govt and population do they defend?

Lebanon has a military but they aren't engaged in the current conflict. You know what you just said it totally not thought out. All those funds going to Hez could be coming from the people of Lebanon to the govt of Lebanon if they want to build up a huge army to invade Israel. Then of course Israel would attack Lebanon or some war would erupt with military involvement, someone would win, someone would lose. But the people of Lebanon are sufferring because a terrorist group took over part of the country and the people had no choice, and no representation.

We need to get on with it, we need to sort out our world views a bit before we can see that by equating terrorists with militaries and govts we only contribute to their survival, more destablization, more death of innocents.

This is the wrong thread for this dicussion. Sorry Mel.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    How can a terrorist group defend a nation? What nation do they represent. What formal body of govt and population do they defend?

Lebanon has a military but they aren't engaged in the current conflict. You know what you just said it totally not thought out. All those funds going to Hez could be coming from the people of Lebanon to the govt of Lebanon if they want to build up a huge army to invade Israel. Then of course Israel would attack Lebanon or some war would erupt with military involvement, someone would win, someone would lose. But the people of Lebanon are sufferring because a terrorist group took over part of the country and the people had no choice, and no representation.

We need to get on with it, we need to sort out our world views a bit before we can see that by equating terrorists with militaries and govts we only contribute to their survival, more destablization, more death of innocents.

This is the wrong thread for this dicussion. Sorry Mel.

Hezbollah is protecting a group of people just the same as a military would. Both kill indiscriminately. It's the same concept only different names. You can't condemn one for doing the exact same thing as the other.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Hezbollah is protecting a group of people just the same as a military would. Both kill indiscriminately. It's the same concept only different names. You can't condemn one for doing the exact same thing as the other.

I am not condoning what Israel is doing, so just take that out of the equation. But your statements scare me. Hezbollah is protecting no one. They have purposes that do not have any allegence to any persons or country. They are there to bait Israel, attack Israel. If there were no Hez, do you think Israel was going to invade Lebanon, which they voluntarily left six years ago? Would Lebanon be in any threat AT ALL from Israel??

The other side of that equation is if there were no weapons in Isreal do you think Hez would just go away nicely. No! They would be terrorizing Israel and trying to take it over.

Open your eyes.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:
    I am not condoning what Israel is doing, so just take that out of the equation. But your statements scare me. Hezbollah is protecting no one. They have purposes that do not have any allegence to any persons or country. They are there to bait Israel, attack Israel. If there were no Hez, do you think Israel was going to invade Lebanon, which they voluntarily left six years ago? Would Lebanon be in any threat AT ALL from Israel??

The other side of that equation is if there were no weapons in Isreal do you think Hez would just go away nicely. No! They would be terrorizing Israel and trying to take it over.

Open your eyes.

Why do you think Hezbollah is baiting and attacking Israel?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Why do you think Hezbollah is baiting and attacking Israel?

I moved the conversation :) to a new thread..