Options

Mel Gibson: Radical Christian Fundamentalist?

Comments

• Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have no idea why, but I found the whole thing comical when I heard it.
    I heard it this way...He was speeding down a coastal highway and had been drinking, so he gets pulled over. I heard he said to the cop, "the jews are responsible for all the crimes in the world, oh and are you a jew?".
    All I could imagine is that the cop had his name tag on and had a jewish name, so that is what prompted it.
    I have to laugh every time I hear someone get all political about this. His statement is funny and asking the cop if he's a jew was even funnier.
    I know if I was getting arrested for being drunk...I might get a bit obnoxious. I think that is all this was. He was being a smartass and I think its funny.
    It cracked me up.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Dude, enough with the radical fundamentalism already. You made your point already. You're like some kind of uber-apologist for the Arab world, and I don't see the point. Do you really think that everyone on this continent is so dumb that they cannot differentiate between so-called normal Muslims and extremists? How much of this problem exists in society as a whole, and how much of it exists in your own mind?
  • Options
    Oh yeah ... And I do think Mel Gibson is a bigot.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I have no idea why, but I found the whole thing comical when I heard it.
    becasue cop ran plate long before he pulled him over...cop knew exactly who he was dealing with...maybe cop thought his importance is mightier than the mel.....anyway; mel gibson is gonna be treated exactly how any dui offender is in california, and so maybe this event will make some changes in our policies concerning search and seizure. if he had drugs on him,they could force him to forfeit all his assets becasue they say that assets are gained by activity surrounding possesions or processign.....thank god for mel, he didn't have any herb on him....time will tell...besides americans need a distraction and this takes all the attention away from other destruccion in world;

i'm sorry this happened to mel gibson or anyone that drives drunk, but on the other hand, legal limitation of .08 is a bit too low to be drunk if a person is a maintenance drinker. i once knew someone who blew.59 and legally they were considered dead, but vitallyl, they came along kicking and a screaming...each person has a different tolerance..if i were to drink a double shot of beer it would make me drunk....if another person drank the same drink; they wouldn't even wet theri wistle...blower......

i am not for drinking and driving, but i think that our laws are too stringent concerning spiritied intoxication...they are running commercials that say if you are buzzed, then it's a dui...it looks like legal limit will be resulted in no tolerance......it's your future; not mine.

*/edit most events related to alcoholism are hilarious and comical, its just a shame that someone is destroying their liver in the process...same person i know got a dui, once as well, he thought he was going straight to the joint....he ran physically from cops and then they ran him over with their car...it was a headline, " you'll have to shoot first..." when i asked this person about it, he claimed there was a hit and run...it was not that way at all; it was more like a run and hit.....;). he's dead now...found drowned with a
    .29.....he had a family, too....but it appears that his family is far more happy without alcoholism in their lives....this is why it is best to do silly, crazy things without substance.....peace heather43......
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Me....I wholeheartedly agree that drunk driving alone isn't that funny, but for some reason Gibson's statements crack me up. I've dome some embarassing things hwne drunk..and even worse when cops got involved. I think that is why it strikes me as so funny.
    The cop also made sure this little chat got to the press. I am sure that the snide remarks I have made to cops don't go in their reports. But..I am not Mel Gibson!
    He had a personal moment and people are taking his being a smart ass way too serious.
    I too think .08 is way too low. One beer puts me over the limit. That is crazy!! I should be able to have a beer and drive.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Me....I wholeheartedly agree that drunk driving alone isn't that funny, but for some reason Gibson's statements crack me up. I've dome some embarassing things hwne drunk..and even worse when cops got involved. I think that is why it strikes me as so funny.
    The cop also made sure this little chat got to the press. I am sure that the snide remarks I have made to cops don't go in their reports. But..I am not Mel Gibson!
    He had a personal moment and people are taking his being a smart ass way too serious.
    I too think .08 is way too low. One beer puts me over the limit. That is crazy!! I should be able to have a beer and drive.
    follow money trail, aye???? cheers to ya, heather43
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    follow money trail, aye???? cheers to ya, heather43
    LOL! Its ALWAYS all about the money.
    Cheers to you too!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    One beer?!!! You must be a midget! :p

I've heard depending on your size, .08 is between 3 and 4 drinks..
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Abuskedti wrote:
    "The Jews are the reason for all the wars in the world!"
    He's in rehab...it will all be ok! :)
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    Grrr, I hate Abraham Foxman, what a prick.

"We are glad that Mel Gibson has finally owned up to the fact that he made anti-Semitic remarks, and his apology sounds sincere. We welcome his efforts to repair the damage he has caused," Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, told The Associated Press. "Once he completes his rehabilitation for alcohol abuse, we will be ready and willing to help him with his second rehabilitation to combat this disease of prejudice."

This guy is always so much better than everyone else. That's right you dumb ass prejudice is a disease. It couldn't be that the guy was drunk and obviously has difficulty over this war. What a dumb shit, I hate the ADL.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Ahnimus wrote:

"We are glad that Mel Gibson has finally owned up to the fact that he made anti-Semitic remarks, and his apology sounds sincere. We welcome his efforts to repair the damage he has caused," Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, told The Associated Press. "Once he completes his rehabilitation for alcohol abuse, we will be ready and willing to help him with his second rehabilitation to combat this disease of prejudice."

This guy is always so much better than everyone else. That's right you dumb ass prejudice is a disease. It couldn't be that the guy was drunk and obviously has difficulty over this war. What a dumb shit, I hate the ADL.

Why are you consumed with so much hatred and heavy feelings towards others, my friend?

Has the world been that bad to you?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Would you be having the same reaction if Mel's remarks were directed towards Black people, or Arabs?
    I too have problems with the ADL, but maybe they are more general than yours?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why are you consumed with so much hatred and heavy feelings towards others, my friend?

Has the world been that bad to you?

I'm not consumed by hatred, I'm a pretty easy going guy.

But Mr. Foxman endlessly labels people anti-semitic and makes up stupid legislation. If you are important, let's say you are Mel Gibson, you got a couple of movie deals and you get hammered one night and spout some shit about Jews. Next thing you know - care of Abe - your face is plastered all over the TV with anti-semite written all over it, you lose most of your contracts and your life turns to shit until you apologize. Even then the prick can't let you live with the fact it was a mistake, he goes and says you have a disease that you need help with. Foxman is a disease, he's done this time and time again.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ahnimus wrote:

But Mr. Foxman endlessly labels people anti-semitic and makes up stupid legislation. If you are important, let's say you are Mel Gibson, you got a couple of movie deals and you get hammered one night and spout some shit about Jews. Next thing you know - care of Abe - your face is plastered all over the TV with anti-semite written all over it, you lose most of your contracts and your life turns to shit until you apologize. Even then the prick can't let you live with the fact it was a mistake, he goes and says you have a disease that you need help with. Foxman is a disease, he's done this time and time again.

It really hits home for you because you can imagine yourself doing the same thing - spouting off anti-semitic remarks like that.
  • Options
    Would you be having the same reaction if Mel's remarks were directed towards Black people, or Arabs?
    I too have problems with the ADL, but maybe they are more general than yours?

If it was directed at Black people or arabs Foxman wouldn't have said anything. He only cares about jews.

If it was about blacks or arabs maybe Elijah Mohammed would come back from the dead and kick Mel's ass. I dunno, Foxman and Elijah have the same goals, supremacy.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    If it was directed at Black people or arabs Foxman wouldn't have said anything. He only cares about jews.

If it was about blacks or arabs maybe Elijah Mohammed would come back from the dead and kick Mel's ass. I dunno, Foxman and Elijah have the same goals, supremacy.

Wow. You really are sick.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Unfortunately they fucked him with the speeding thing. That's pretty fast for PCH actually, I was thinking Km/h. some spots you can do this extremely easy and quite safely though.
    Yeah... in Orange County or that stretch North of Malibu to County Line.
    You live in L.A. right? You and I have driven PCH through Malibu hundreds or thousands of times... 87 MPH in, as it turns out to be, a 45 is too fucking fast. And you know that that part through Malibu is a bit tricky... especially that uneven, curvy part up by the Pier and the Malibu Inn and the Jack In The Box... only assholes go fast through there... it's a commercial zone followed by residences and the street is always in a state or repair or has massive potholes.
    He gets pulled over and blows a .12... if that's you or me... what do you think is going to happen next? We try to fun... get verbally abusive and act like an asshole... what will we get? Being a celebrity doesn't mean... or SHOULDN'T mean you get to do whatever you feel and get away with it. But, they do.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Wow. You really are sick.

Not at all.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Dude, Mel Gibson is a celebrity, so he has to live with both the positive and negative of being a celeb.

If it wasn't for the fact that he was such a huge actor, he probably would not have his fancy car and fancy houses in Malibu, nor would he be in the position to make hundred of millions on a single movie.

One event can elevate you to celeb status and the riches it brings, but at the same time, one event can ruin you just as easily.

Live by the proverbial sword, and die by it too!

And, forgive me for the slippery slope, but he is lucky he got pulled over...who knows what harm may have come to him or others had he kept going 87mph down PCH.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Dude, Mel Gibson is a celebrity, so he has to live with both the positive and negative of being a celeb.

If it wasn't for the fact that he was such a huge actor, he probably would not have his fancy car and fancy houses in Malibu, nor would he be in the position to make hundred of millions on a single movie.

One event can elevate you to celeb status and the riches it brings, but at the same time, one event can ruin you just as easily.

Live by the proverbial sword, and die by it too!

And, forgive me for the slippery slope, but he is lucky he got pulled over...who knows what harm may have come to him or others had he kept going 87mph down PCH.

No doubt drunk driving is something I hate and Mel probably deserves whatever he gets. I still think celebrities should be treated like everyone else. Mr Foxman does this to politicians more often than celebrities and if you are just a noname civilian you end up in jail.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No doubt drunk driving is something I hate and Mel probably deserves whatever he gets. I still think celebrities should be treated like everyone else. Mr Foxman does this to politicians more often than celebrities and if you are just a noname civilian you end up in jail.

I think Mel should go thru the legal process just like anyone else...I was trying to illustrate that celebrity can work for you and against you, and in this case, Mel is paying the price re: the flaming he is getting.

If Mr. Foxman went after the regular Joe, no one would really care.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I think Mel should go thru the legal process just like anyone else...I was trying to illustrate that celebrity can work for you and against you, and in this case, Mel is paying the price re: the flaming he is getting.

If Mr. Foxman went after the regular Joe, no one would really care.

Yea exactly. It's way easier for the ADL to blow Mels face up on the screen and then preach about all the anti-semitism in the world.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:

Ahnimus, this is FAR from being the first time Mel Gibson is saying such things. Plus, the fact that he was drunk only tells us that's how he REALLY feels. And there's no wonder. After all, his father is well knowen for his Holocaust denial. He grew up with an anti-Semite father, so I guess the apple don't lay far from the tree.

About the ADL: I don't like it when they are always searching for the 'big apology'. It's stupid to ask someone like that to say he's sorry, when he really doesn't feel regret for thinking that way, only for being cought thinking out loud. Mel Gibson should be treated like what he really is - a complete NOBODY, and that's where Foxman got it wrong.

btw, you went WAY too far with the things you had to say about Foxman.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Ahnimus, this is FAR from being the first time Mel Gibson is saying such things. Plus, the fact that he was drunk only tells us that's how he REALLY feels. And there's no wonder. After all, his father is well knowen for his Holocaust denial. He grew up with an anti-Semite father, so I guess the apple don't lay far from the tree.

About the ADL: I don't like it when they are always searching for the 'big apology'. It's stupid to ask someone like that to say he's sorry, when he really doesn't feel regret for thinking that way, only for being cought thinking out loud. Mel Gibson should be treated like what he really is - a complete NOBODY, and that's where Foxman got it wrong.

btw, you went WAY too far with the things you had to say about Foxman.

Foxman pisses me off, he is a bigot. A racist prick in a powerful position.

I don't think holocaust denial is particularily anti-semitic. I think it's just like saying the Gulf of Tonkin didn't happen, which it didn't. I'm not so sure about the Holocaust myself, but if I didn't think it happened that doesn't make me racist.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

I don't think holocaust denial is particularily anti-semitic. I think it's just like saying the Gulf of Tonkin didn't happen, which it didn't. I'm not so sure about the Holocaust myself, but if I didn't think it happened that doesn't make me racist.

Shiraz, do you really want to have any kind of debate with this Ahnimal?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

WHOA ... Land sakes alive, me hardies!
    Ahnimus, you're a Holocaust doubter? What do you mean you aren't sure?
  • Options
    WHOA ... Land sakes alive, me hardies!
    Ahnimus, you're a Holocaust doubter? What do you mean you aren't sure?

He needs to do more "research" on it...
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm not so sure about the Holocaust myself, but if I didn't think it happened that doesn't make me racist.

At the very least it would make you an idiot.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:

Oh no, believe me - his dad IS an anti-semitic, and Mel isn't that far behind.

"I'm not so sure about the Holocaust"- care to explain?
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Oh no, believe me - his dad IS an anti-semitic, and Mel isn't that far behind.

"I'm not so sure about the Holocaust"- care to explain?

Well, I really don't care about celebrities and what they think. I don't even really like Mel's movies.

I'm not sure about the Holocaust meaning Holocaust revisionists have some good questions. Thankfully the Nazi records have recently been opened to researchers. I wish it was online so I could look at it, I guess I'll have to wait for someone to publish it.

I think that it deffinately did happen, I won't say that with all certainty. However, there is a likelihood that some extreme zionist sicko encouraged the atrocity. I'd like to find out if that is true. From all I have seen, it doesn't seem likely.