Options

Mel Gibson: Radical Christian Fundamentalist?

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    face it, if no one is coming out in support of such a well-known celeb, that speaks volumes for his social standing, especially in show biz.

Since when has social standing been about character?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    sponger wrote:
    Since when has social standing been about character?

Its not, but think of how many famous people receive support...OJ, Michael jackson, etc.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    87 really isn't even speeding in southern california. The cops must've been out to get him.

87 is almost double the speed limit....PCH has 2 lanes...its not a freeway with a 65mph limit.

Doesn't matter if they were out to get him....we was legally drunk, and almost doubled the speed limit.....they may have saved his life, or more importantly, an innocent person's life by pulling him over.
  • Options
    So because he isnt getting any support, he must not be ur typical hollywood douchebag? My opinion is just that he's never given anyone head.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    So because he isnt getting any support, he must not be ur typical hollywood douchebag? My opinion is just that he's never given anyone head.

I am saying he must have pissed a lot of people off in the past if no one is coming out in support of him.

By virtue of the fact that no one is supporting him, he is even worse then your typical showbiz person.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am saying he must have pissed a lot of people off in the past if no one is coming out in support of him.

By virtue of the fact that no one is supporting him, he is even worse then your typical showbiz person.
    Why would anyone support him? Have you read the crap he was spewing? He could be my best friend and I wouldn't support him for the crap he said.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Why would anyone support what he did?
  • Options
    You actually mean to say that pissing off people in hollywood is indicative of douchebagness? We're talking about people in hollywood, for crying out loud. They ARE douchebags. The fact that they don't like Mel Gibson is probably one of his most redeeming qualities.
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Why would anyone support him? Have you read the crap he was spewing? He could be my best friend and I wouldn't support him for the crap he said.

trust me, I am an MOT (member of the tribe), as well as very anti-drunk driving. I find him to be a horrible person.

I was trying to convey that no matter how bad some screws up in the celeb world, at least a few people usually support them.

Everyone is keeping silent, so in addition to the severity of his words/actions, he must have really gotten on everyone's bad side in the past!
  • Options
    Why would anyone support what he did?

people supported Michael jackson and OJ!...that says something about the world!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Everyone is keeping silent, so in addition to the severity of his words/actions, he must have really gotten on everyone's bad side in the past!
    Who cares about some dudes personal life. You obviously don't like the guy, even though you've never met him. There's alot of people I don't like, but I usually make that judgement after I met them, not from what other people have told me..

Either way, Braveheart is still the best movie ever. :p
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

So, you're saying that he's worse than OJ or MJ?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    people supported Michael jackson and OJ!...that says something about the world!
    Because Michael Jackson was never proven guilty. I can garantee you, if Michael Jackson admitted to molesting children, or OJ admitted to murder, NOBODY would support them. End of arguement.
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    face it, if no one is coming out in support of such a well-known celeb, that speaks volumes for his social standing, especially in show biz.
    And you know what pisses me off as a conservative Christian? Some idiot is going to claim it's a left-wing liberal conspiracy against him after the "Passion of Christ" movie.

Uhm, no, it's a law-enforcement law and order conspiracy against him after speeding and driving under the influence.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    So, you're saying that he's worse than OJ or MJ?

Nope.....I am saying that people supported a killer and a molester, but not him....draw your own conclusion.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Nope.....I am saying that people supported a killer and a molester, but not him....draw your own conclusion.

That's because saying bad things about jewish people is a far worse crime than murder or child molestation or so it seems.

oh yeah, that "sugar tits" thing he told the female office just made me laugh, sounds like something his lethal weapon character would say.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You actually don't know what you're saying. You've been fumbling over your own words throughout this whole thread. Just admit it: You equate social standing to moral character.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    And you know what pisses me off as a conservative Christian? Some idiot is going to claim it's a left-wing liberal conspiracy against him after the "Passion of Christ" movie.

Uhm, no, it's a law-enforcement law and order conspiracy against him after speeding and driving under the influence.

don't you know that the left wing put lead in his shoe, and slipped him a mickey.....what else would explain his actions????
    :)
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    That's because saying bad things about jewish people is a far worse crime than murder or child molestation or so it seems.

I don't think it's a conicidence that JOEJOEJOE is jewish and a direct relative of multiple holocaust victims. It makes sense. And being that the jews practically control the entertainment industry, the fact that mel gibson is "shunned" by it must mean that he's a bad person.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Those people who supported OJ and Michael believe they didn't commit their crimes.. Again, NOBODY would support Michael Jackson or OJ if they admitted to it. Mel Gibson admitted to what he did wrong. There's nothing to support!!!
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    I don't think it's a conicidence that JOEJOEJOE is jewish and a direct relative of multiple holocaust victims. It makes sense. And being that the jews practically control the entertainment industry, being "shunned" by it MUST mean that he's a bad person.

Why else would an entire industry shine someone?....there must be other reasons besides your sterotyping as to why he is disliked.

Studios are owned by huge corporations these days, so saying that jews practically control the entertainment industry just shows your ignorance.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    ..there must be other reasons besides your sterotyong as to why he is disliked.
    Maybe because of all the practical jokes he played on sets??? Didn't he put a dead rat in Julia Roberts trailer once?
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why else would an entire industry shine someone?
    Because what Mel did was wrong.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    joejoejoe wrote:
    Studios are owned by huge corporations these days, so saying that jews practically control the entertainment industry just shows your ignorance.

More like...it's ignorant to think a huge corporation can't be controlled by a handful of powerplayers. The fact that you refer to hollywood being different "these days" means you are well aware of the fact that Jews did, in fact, have considerable influence. Those people are still around. Corporate involvement only means being accountable to stockholders. Those stockholders still leave the decision-making up to those who can handle the task. These would be the same old powerbrokers that always existed. I believe this is the second time when you've called me ignorant w/o really knowing what you're talking about?
    joejoejoe wrote:
    Why else would an entire industry shine someone?....there must be other reasons besides your sterotyping as to why he is disliked.

translation: social standing = moral character

I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want you to admit that's you're saying. Why can't you just admit it?
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    More like...it's ignorant to think a huge corporation can't be controlled by a handful of powerplayers. The fact that you refer to hollywood being different "these days" means you are well aware of the fact that Jews did, in fact, have considerable influence. Those people are still around. Corporate involvement only means being accountable to stockholders. Those stockholders still leave the decision-making up to those who can handle the task. These would be the same old powerbrokers that always existed. I believe this is the second time when you've called me ignorant w/o really knowing what you're talking about?

translation: social standing = moral character

I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want you to admit that's you're saying. Why can't you just admit it?

Jews did have influence, but we also used to dominate the NBA as well!...times change, my friend.

Perhaps I called you ignorant because you are following traditional sterotypes that may not exist anymore.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Blowing a .12 is hardly driving drunk by any means (legal is .08), especially for a drinker, and especially being stopped on such an easy drive as the PCH. I bet he called it exactly like it was, unless he was speeding. Then it's his own stupidity.
    If it were you or me, what do you think the outcome would have been? Blowing a .12 and trapped doing 87 in a 55... we're going to jail.
    and if we pulled the crap that Mel did... we're getting a beat down with that... Rodney King style... and deservedly so.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    MrBrian wrote:

oh yeah, that "sugar tits" thing he told the female office just made me laugh, sounds like something his lethal weapon character would say.

Fuckin eh....sugar tits. If that's true, the man is awesome.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Cosmo wrote:
    If it were you or me, what do you think the outcome would have been? Blowing a .12 and trapped doing 87 in a 55... we're going to jail.
    and if we pulled the crap that Mel did... we're getting a beat down with that... Rodney King style... and deservedly so.

Unfortunately they fucked him with the speeding thing. That's pretty fast for PCH actually, I was thinking Km/h. some spots you can do this extremely easy and quite safely though.
  • Options
    Isn't Mel Gibson producing a TV mini-series about the holocaust? Is Hollywood gonna shun that???
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    surferdude wrote:
    Not all of Canada. It's 0.08 in BC. At any amount the cops can give you a 24 hour suspension but that comes with no ticket.
    where's all the upcoming lobbyists when you need them...this is an excellent statute...maybe let the cops be human once again...dui's and drug charges are easiest way to pay welfare salaries of public servants....better give power back to people and quit passing the buck.......or should i say diverting the buck?
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light