Options

Mel Gibson: Radical Christian Fundamentalist?

AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
"The Jews are the reason for all the wars in the world!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Mel's been called out on this board and in public. He's publically apologized. He has no support from anyone or anywhere I can see. Does he need to be shot to satisfy you?
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Abuskedti wrote:
    "The Jews are the reason for all the wars in the world!"

That's just an unfair observation.

I think Radical Christian Fundamentalists are the ones screaming for the Ten Commandments to be put in school and shit. Sadly they disobey atleast 4 of those commandments on a daily basis.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Blowing a .12 is hardly driving drunk by any means (legal is .08), especially for a drinker, and especially being stopped on such an easy drive as the PCH. I bet he called it exactly like it was, unless he was speeding. Then it's his own stupidity.
  • Options
    Blowing a .12 is hardly driving drunk by any means (legal is .08), especially for a drinker, and especially being stopped on such an easy drive as the PCH. I bet he called it exactly like it was, unless he was speeding. Then it's his own stupidity.

.02 is the legal limit in Canada, so .12 is shitfaced according to the cops.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Not all of Canada. It's 0.08 in BC. At any amount the cops can give you a 24 hour suspension but that comes with no ticket.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    I don't care if you blow "only" .08000001. If you're legally drunk, you're stupid for getting behind the wheel, if only because you could get busted, let alone the driving drunk bit--unless, of course, "drunk driving" is just some right-wing conspiracy to hurt partygoers.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Ahnimus wrote:

I think Radical Christian Fundamentalists are the ones screaming for the Ten Commandments to be put in school and shit. Sadly they disobey atleast 4 of those commandments on a daily basis.

I don't really think there are radical christian fundamentalists at all. I find it quite funny how its so offensive to the very people that label people radical islamic fundamentalists..

and they lick their toes as though everything is fine.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    people get dui's every day: in the bay area, there are thousands a month; why is this dui so important and why is PCH so important? if mel apologized then wtf? is this persecution against mel as an artist or is it just becasue he has money? furthermore, if he went a bit bolistic, then maybe his personality parallels his character in lethal weapon, the origianl movie....perhaps he will utilize this event to begin a break down of the shepherd.....and in my opinion, something has to give...we are heading for a completely controlled society...

oh my, he spat off to a police officer, defensively...is he not human....?

does he not have a bit of protection by our constitution?

sounds to me, like the man wishes to tag "terrorist threats and hate crimes "on our beloved mel........
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Not all of Canada. It's 0.08 in BC. At any amount the cops can give you a 24 hour suspension but that comes with no ticket.

Oh, ok, I thought the change was national. Kind of dumb that you can drink four times more than us to be considered drunk. I was born in B.C. does that mean I can handle more alcohol? lol.

I personally don't like drunk drivers. They piss me off, one smashed into my garbage bin a few days ago and broke the door off it.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Colbert had one on his show a couple weeks ago..

he asked him a simple question.. "name the 10 commandments".

The guy only got 3 i think.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436

By means of the law, he was drunk driving, and, he was going 87 mph.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Ahnimus wrote:

this sounds like a great spin for a new thread...concept of religion and gov't....horrible....thinking well..religion is exactly that...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Colbert had one on his show a couple weeks ago..

he asked him a simple question.. "name the 10 commandments".

The guy only got 3 i think.

The 10 ammendments? To the constitution?

Shit, I don't even live in the USA and I know more than that. On top of that I'm agnostic and I know all 10 commandments.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The 10 ammendments? To the constitution?

Shit, I don't even live in the USA and I know more than that. On top of that I'm agnostic and I know all 10 commandments.
    i edited it right after i posted ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Mel's been called out on this board and in public. He's publically apologized. He has no support from anyone or anywhere I can see. Does he need to be shot to satisfy you?

A public apology doesn't automatically fix everything in the world.

There must be a reason why he isn't receiving any support..

Perhaps you can go hold a vigil in his support!
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

The law will catch up with him. What else do you want?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Well I guess it's fair for me to say, on the other hand, that only .12% of the cops are not shitfaces :D
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Yeah, reason being 80% of the unquestioning blind media hype followers don't use their brains to really think about anything anymore.
  • Options
    Well I guess it's fair for me to say, on the other hand, that only .12% of the cops are not shitfaces :D

Really, oh, I thought the percentage was much higher. I guess I'm just unlucky.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    he brokr the law..theres no excuse for that.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    87 really isn't even speeding in southern california. The cops must've been out to get him.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    he brokr the law..theres no excuse for that.
    What he did was really bad.. as far as breaking the law, most of us do that everyday.. for instance, I drove 10 over the speed limit on the way to the store. I'm not gonna apologize. :p
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Really, oh, I thought the percentage was much higher. I guess I'm just unlucky.

I was saying less than 1 percent are not shitfaces. I'll give them that.

Are you shooting for 100% figures? :D
  • Options
    Yeah, reason being 80% of the unquestioning blind media hype followers don't use their brains to really think about anything anymore.

These days, most people blindly support celebs who run afoul fo the law...nice to see people refraining from such behaviour.

face it, if no one is coming out in support of such a well-known celeb, that speaks volumes for his social standing, especially in show biz.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Oh, ok, I thought the change was national. Kind of dumb that you can drink four times more than us to be considered drunk. I was born in B.C. does that mean I can handle more alcohol? lol.

I personally don't like drunk drivers. They piss me off, one smashed into my garbage bin a few days ago and broke the door off it.
    Considering that .08 is nowhere near drunk .02 is ridiculous. That would be about half a beer an hour for me, a 190 pound me. That's a joke.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Considering that .08 is nowhere near drunk .02 is ridiculous. That would be about half a beer an hour for me, a 190 pound me. That's a joke.
    Depending on your size .08 is between three and four beers in you at once. Figure in that it takes about an hour for one beer to leave your system, most of us would be at .08 after about 5 drinks (given it took you an hour/ hour and a half to finish them)...
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

It may be a joke, but its still the law.....better to fight an unfair law then to complain about the enforcement.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I don't want him receiving any support for what he said, that was the point to show that he's not. His words are not supported anywhere. If you don't want to accept the apology that's your problem.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    87 really isn't even speeding in southern california. The cops must've been out to get him.

I bet they were, as they so often do, and he just got fedup and called them on it, as he should have. And now that the media has a dirty little piece of it Mel Gibson is a fucking drunk asshole loser and has to apologize to the whole world.

See how that works people?

It's disgusting.