Options

Mel Gibson: Radical Christian Fundamentalist?

Comments

• Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ahnimus wrote:
    However, there is a likelihood that some extreme zionist sicko encouraged the atrocity. I'd like to find out if that is true. From all I have seen, it doesn't seem likely.

Of course. After all, the Zionists are responsible for everything.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Foxman pisses me off, he is a bigot. A racist prick in a powerful position.

I don't think holocaust denial is particularily anti-semitic. I think it's just like saying the Gulf of Tonkin didn't happen, which it didn't. I'm not so sure about the Holocaust myself, but if I didn't think it happened that doesn't make me racist.

It doesn't make you a racist, but it makes you a complete ignoramus.

What would make you think it didn't happen?

In what part of the world do you live?...I am sure there is a museum close-by that may enlighten you?
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    jsand wrote:
    Of course. After all, the Zionists are responsible for everything.

Hey Jsand, I'm just trying to look at this critically. I'm not one to eat the shit I'm constantly fed, I like to look at the facts and that's what I intend to do.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

In what part of the world do you live?...I am sure there is a museum close-by that may enlighten you?

He's Canadian where if you speak openly against the Holocaust you can be jailed...which is an absurd law...and before people can slam me..... I do believe it happened....
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Well, I really don't care about celebrities and what they think. I don't even really like Mel's movies.

I'm not sure about the Holocaust meaning Holocaust revisionists have some good questions. Thankfully the Nazi records have recently been opened to researchers. I wish it was online so I could look at it, I guess I'll have to wait for someone to publish it.

I think that it deffinately did happen, I won't say that with all certainty. However, there is a likelihood that some extreme zionist sicko encouraged the atrocity. I'd like to find out if that is true. From all I have seen, it doesn't seem likely.

Alright, cool. I would like to offer a piece of (admittedly unsolicited) advice. I know I've said it before, but maybe it bears repeating. If you have the time, I'd try to talk to some Jewish people about their history, their culture, and the current situation in the Middle East. I am not suggesting that you change your mind about any particular issue ... Just get their side. I'd be very curious to hear what you have to say about their views. Broaden the old horizons ... I've been talking to some Lebanese here in town, one guy at the local Mac's (I know, I know! :) is studying to become a psychologist, and after getting to know him a bit better, I asked about some political stuff. He's giving me some things to think about.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

No, no museum, but I've read a lot about it. The last book I read was called "The Illustrated History of the Third Reich" a good book showing the battle plans and all major events through-out the war. Funny how people wept over the dead french soldiers laying in the gutter and spat on the dead german soldiers. It's pretty sick how people just walked by casually as soldiers lay dead in the street. Puts war into perspective, that's for sure.

Hitler was crazy and even when everyone else knew he was losing in Russia. He persisted, because he thought god was behind him. He had siphilus and was wack. But I don't doubt that he was influenced by other forces. Who knows, like I said all signs point to no, but I remain skeptical.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Alright, cool. I would like to offer a piece of (admittedly unsolicited) advice. I know I've said it before, but maybe it bears repeating. If you have the time, I'd try to talk to some Jewish people about their history, their culture, and the current situation in the Middle East. I am not suggesting that you change your mind about any particular issue ... Just get their side. I'd be very curious to hear what you have to say about their views. Broaden the old horizons ... I've been talking to some Lebanese here in town, one guy at the local Mac's (I know, I know! :) is studying to become a psychologist, and after getting to know him a bit better, I asked about some political stuff. He's giving me some things to think about.

local Mac's...oh man that made me laugh....but it is good to talk to the cultures of both sides and in msot of the cases they will not hold the extremist view that people hold that are not culturally related to the crisis....
  • Options
    local Mac's...oh man that made me laugh....but it is good to talk to the cultures of both sides and in msot of the cases they will not hold the extremist view that people hold that are not culturally related to the crisis....

That's been my experience thus far ... In all honesty, having these conversations makes me feel like a better Canadian. As cheesy as that might sound, its true. We are so diverse, yet so similar. I am a white farm boy from Saksatchewan, yet I can find common ground with so many different people.

Anyhow, that's probably the last super-patriotic moment from me, for a while.
    :)
  • Options

I've been talking to a lot of Lebonese about various issues. E.g. what makes a terrorist? What happened to Hezbollah? What's the deal with the Shebaa Farms? etc..

Additionally on the events of WW2 I've talked to a lot of germans about it. Unfortunately some don't like to talk about it.

Jews, I gotta say are difficult to locate for one and secondly by reading through their websites, I can see they are very strongly opinionated. Questioning any of the events in the presence of a Jew can only spark hostility. Apparently discussing these things is considered racist by them and I hate being called racist unjustly. People like that just piss me off and that's why I don't like Abe Foxman.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No, no museum, but I've read a lot about it. The last book I read was called "The Illustrated History of the Third Reich" a good book showing the battle plans and all major events through-out the war. Funny how people wept over the dead french soldiers laying in the gutter and spat on the dead german soldiers. It's pretty sick how people just walked by casually as soldiers lay dead in the street. Puts war into perspective, that's for sure.

Hitler was crazy and even when everyone else knew he was losing in Russia. He persisted, because he thought god was behind him. He had siphilus and was wack. But I don't doubt that he was influenced by other forces. Who knows, like I said all signs point to no, but I remain skeptical.

What makes you sceptical?

Some people need to touch the oven before they will believe it's hot.....perhaps you need to go visit an oven in Germany.....or perhaps view the testimony of a survivor.

If you are trying to be academically sceptical about something, I don't think this topic is the right one.

Not to keep repeating this, but my dad is a survivor, as are many other relatives/friends of the family. If it didn't happen, please tell me where my grandparents disappeared to in 1943?

A stubborn man does research to get the truth, but a smart man accepts the undeniable truth when the evidence is evr so clear.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I've been talking to a lot of Lebonese about various issues. E.g. what makes a terrorist? What happened to Hezbollah? What's the deal with the Shebaa Farms? etc..

Additionally on the events of WW2 I've talked to a lot of germans about it. Unfortunately some don't like to talk about it.

Jews, I gotta say are difficult to locate for one and secondly by reading through their websites, I can see they are very strongly opinionated. Questioning any of the events in the presence of a Jew can only spark hostility. Apparently discussing these things is considered racist by them and I hate being called racist unjustly. People like that just piss me off and that's why I don't like Abe Foxman.

Are you basing this view on conjecture, or on actual experiences you've had? First of all, Jews are no harder to track down than Arabs are. I know the stereotype is that they are a bit of a closed community, and there's probably a grain of truth to that. My "in" was through a good friend from Montreal, who's in the same program as me here in Calgary. On the other hand, there are opportunities ... Presumably, you could seek out and speak with a Rabbi. I don't know what city you are in, but there are all kinds of Jewish cultural groups around here, and they do welcome visitors. Of course, if you show up with a chip on your shoulder, you deserve to get a bad reaction.
  • Options
    audome25audome25 Posts: 163
    i would think he would be beloved by alot of people here.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    What makes you sceptical?

Some people need to touch the oven before they will believe it's hot.....perhaps you need to go visit an oven in Germany.....or perhaps view the testimony of a survivor.

If you are trying to be academically sceptical about something, I don't think this topic is the right one.

Not to keep repeating this, but my dad is a survivor, as are many other relatives/friends of the family. If it didn't happen, please tell me where my grandparents disappeared to in 1943?

A stubborn man does research to get the truth, but a smart man accepts the undeniable truth when the evidence is evr so clear.

I knew a guy that was a Nazi youth before he moved to Canada. But that doesn't mean he had the full picture of what happened. My skepticism is based on what I've heard and what I haven't researched. I haven't specifically looked for or came across anything supporting this belief, however many people believe it. So it's only fair for me to remain neutral on that claim until I conduct my own research.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I knew a guy that was a Nazi youth before he moved to Canada. But that doesn't mean he had the full picture of what happened. My skepticism is based on what I've heard and what I haven't researched. I haven't specifically looked for or came across anything supporting this belief, however many people believe it. So it's only fair for me to remain neutral on that claim until I conduct my own research.

yes remain neutral against the millions of pieces of evidence that the holocaust occured.

Sounds logical
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

How can you summerize "their websites"......there are millions of Jews in the world, and of course, we will be "opinionated" on the topic.

Are you the type of person who finds one opinion that matches yours, and then considers it the general concensus?

The more and more I read your posts, the less common sense I detect, my confused friend.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How can you summerize "their websites"......there are millions of Jews in the world, and of course, we will be "opinionated" on the topic.

Are you the type of person who finds one opinion that matches yours, and then considers it the general concensus?

The more and more I read your posts, the less common sense I detect, my confused friend.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=holocaust+site%3Agov.il&meta=
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Are you so easily swayed that you would remain neutral on a topic that is so easily proven?

I am sure there are some really groovy cults that would love to have you as a member. They would convince you how their leader is the messiah, and since the cult members all believe it, I imagine you would slip on a robe and live on their compound.

Just a guess.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

You've read all 71,400 websites, all of which are Israel-based?

Perhaps your university didn't offer any courses on statistical sampling.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Are you so easily swayed that you would remain neutral on a topic that is so easily proven?

I am sure there are some really groovy cults that would love to have you as a member. They would convince you how their leader is the messiah, and since the cult members all believe it, I imagine you would slip on a robe and live on their compound.

Just a guess.

I am agnostic so it's not likely that would work. If you are referring to wicans or O.T.O. or freemasons screw that, I would never get involved in that.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    You've read all 71,400 websites, all of which are Israel-based?

Perhaps your university didn't offer any courses on statistical sampling.

No, I've read a lot, mainly knesset, mfa and science.gov.il
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:

Maybe we are "over-sensitive" about it because we have granparents with numbers tattooed on their hands, who are still grabing some slices of bread and hide it in their bags even if they are over their granddaughter house in the year of 2006.
  • Options
    Mr. Ahnimus:

Can you give an example of a widely-accepted fact that you have been able to disprove based on your dilligent research?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Mr. Ahnimus:

Can you give an example of a widely-accepted fact that you have been able to disprove based on your dilligent research?

Yea, here are a few examples.

U-238 is harmless

Gulf of Tonkin happened

Cable is better than DSL

Muslims are evil

Want more?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, here are a few examples.

U-238 is harmless

Gulf of Tonkin happened

Cable is better than DSL

Muslims are evil

Want more?

There is a huge difference between disproving something, and believing contrarians.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    There is a huge difference between disproving something, and believing contrarians.

I don't believe anything but my own research. I listen to the words of the informed and the experienced but they don't dictate my beliefs.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't believe anything but my own research. I listen to the words of the informed and the experienced but they don't dictate my beliefs.

And what constitutes the "informed"....someone with a self-published website?

Someone who you claim to be "experienced" may have just spent years publishing non-sense!
  • Options
    CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    Hi Anhimus

I'd like to recommend you a book called The Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt, it is a brilliant book, about Arendt's reflections and thoughts about the trial of Adolf Eichmann. I don't know if you are familiar with her writing, but to me she was an extremely bright woman.

Also if you want, like tangible evidence, you can check the evidence presented at Eichmann's trial. Since he was the one in charge of keeping track of all the Jewish people in Concentration Camps and such, his books provided an extremely accurate record of what happened in the camps.

I'm not gonna judge you for questioning the actual happening of the Holocaust. But to me the evidence is so overwhelming. I'm not Jewish, but my husband is and his all his granparents' relatives died in different camps. Also my dad had a few (older) colleagues at work with the number tattoed.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Mel has an alcohol problem, this is an old fact. He admitted being an alcholic back in his twenties. It is a disease and typically alcholics can't hold their alcohol very well. Often they blackout and don't have good memories of the drinking. So, whatever he said as bad as it was I think he probably feels extremely bad about it. Hope he can work out his problems.

I guess I would prefer to believe all this than think he or anyone really hates Jews. Cause I can't understand hating a race of people. I can understand hating a terrorist though cause they kill people without regard or remorse.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    WindNoSail wrote:

I guess I would prefer to believe all this than think he or anyone really hates Jews. Cause I can't understand hating a race of people. I can understand hating a terrorist though cause they kill people without regard or remorse.

Like militaries?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Like militaries?

Maybe I am just a fool, but as much as I dislike war I think militaries exist in this world because of the protection of their citizens first. I think militaries are neccessary at this point in human existence. So are the police.

Guess I think there are rules that the game must be played by. Terrorism destabalizes the whole game. You can't negotiate with terrorists, you can't have a soveirgn nation within another, you can't make citizens the target to control policies. If you follow this line of thinking we are actually reverting back to a tribal system.

This is just all history and political science and the nature of man rolled up in what could be a very deep discussion.

I don't like anyone dying by any hand, but we have to get rid of terrorism before you will ever get rid of militaries.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010