Options

Rx, meth, coke problems? Legalize the herb!!!

Comments

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    danny72688 wrote:
    Most hard drug users are uneducated. I'm educated and totally in fear of acid, which I tried by the way a couple times just because... I'm afraid of nearly every other drug too.

Are you calling pot or acid "hard" drugs? I've never done acid, because I've heard some horror stories, but I don't think either would classify as "hard"...especially not pot.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Though it would be a step forward for the ecomony. Get that shit taxed, put dealer fucks outta business. Sorry I think it's really unfair that dealers don't have to pay taxes or really even do shit for a job if dealing is their life.

If that's what it takes to legalize it fine...that's a step in the right direction. But come on...most experienced or money conscious smokers wouldn't touch some highly taxed, inferior, R.J. Reynolds "Rolled Joints" if they could plant a seed in their backyard in the Summer and invest in a little grow station for the Winter months.

I have no problem with the dealers. I'd never take the risk growing anything that would resemble a "dealers" crop, but to each his own.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    while I'm all about legalization and criminalization, treatment, and education as a better way to combat drug use......I find this a bit funny.

Pound your kid full of drugs from when they were 2 because they have "ADD" or "insert your mental malady here". Then expect that they won't abuse them later on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I know many people who are totally against pot, and they wouldn't do it anyway.

Yeah, I probably know a lot more naive "anti-pot" people than I know open minded pot smokers...but what can I do...disown my own mother? :)

It's their loss. I won't take it personally unless they make it a personal attack, and if so, I hope the door doesn't hit them on the way out of my life.

Life is too short to not try certain pleasurable things that God intended us to try.

I can read The Bible or my copy of Conservative Weekly when I'm dead...there are too many fun things to do on Earth these 70 or so years we're down here to worry about following screwed up politicians and their law abiding lemmings off a cliff.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Spartancus wrote:
    Are you calling pot or acid "hard" drugs? I've never done acid, because I've heard some horror stories, but I don't think either would classify as "hard"...especially not pot.

I was calling acid harder than weed. But I fear it now. Pot is a light drug.
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    danny72688 wrote:
    I was calling acid harder than weed. But I fear it now. Pot is a light drug.

I will take acid every chance I get until the day I die, but there are plenty of people I would tell not to try it.

If you don't have a solid mental foundation - in otherwords, if you're taking it to try and cope with the world around you - you're not going to have a good time - possibly a horrible mind scarring time

But if you're an overall mentally healthy person - it's going to open up your mind to a tornado of thought and experience

Same goes for mushrooms - though a little less mentally thought driven - more hallucination manipulation of what you see driven

But the whole gateway drug argument only carries a small amount of weight, because pot is a harmless activity that is a gateway to illegal activity, anyone associated with it is breaking the law, which will lead you to groups of people regularly breaking more laws, maybe hard drugs, maybe other things.

Yes, there are plenty of otherwise law abiding citizens who smoke pot, but there will always be the other elements. In otherwords pot can lead to sub-cultures which may be more extreme that you might encounter without trying pot. As I see it
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Spartancus wrote:
    This morning as I got ready for work there was a story on ABC's GMA talking about the latest epidemic facing our youths...Rx drug abuse, and the addictions and/or deadly overdoses due to it.

Let me put it as simply as this...TEENS OR THOSE UNDER THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO FIND WAYS TO GET HIGH. HOW ABOUT ACCEPTING THIS FACT AND AT LEAST EDUCATING THEM ON THEIR SAFEST OPTION...MARIJUANA!!!

The fact is that it's much easier for them to get their hands on Rx drugs, "OTC" drugs, household cleaning products, booze, even meth and crack in a lot of areas of the country, than it is to get a hold of God's own good green herb!!!

All these goodie goodie (and sadly, former "hippies" probably) soccer moms are freaking out and are going to march to Capitol Hill to protest Rx drugs. Well, I feel for you losses, but perhaps you should have been more forthright with your kid and explained the obvious hazards of swigging down a bottle of cough syrup mixed with an Rx narcotic!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=2237161

I'm 33, a father of 2 girls under 26 months old, and an infrequent pot smoker. And you know what...I always will be, and I'm proud of that.

As far as how to breach the subject to kids...my parents never admitted to it, nor have I ever asked them, nor have they ever came right out and asked me if I've ever used marijuana. Even after finding a bong in my little sisters travel bag, they chose the "don't ask, don't tell" route, and only occassionally made the "don't do drugs" comment as we drove back to college after a weekend at home. Meanwhile, I almost used up my 9 lives from age 18 through the college years (actually through a year ago :) ) with VERY unsafe alcohol induced situations.

How about being more open with kids??? Don't they deserve to know the truth? Or does every hypocrite past pot smoking parent over 40 still denounce the evils of ALL drugs?

Fuck that. I understand you don't want to be known as the "cool" parents who encourage and even provide pot to their kids, but there are worse things in life to be labeled. At least tell them the facts and hey...if they're 18 and want to get high, then give them a fucking joint every now and then if they do their chores!

I'll never forget the evening after my sister's graduation party (my bro was 23 and I was 25), when my mom forced a couple of our friends to drive home inebriated late at night versus letting them crash. Smart Mom...real fucking smart.

How about this "controversial" way to lower overdoses and drunk driving related deaths...FUCKING LEGALIZE PERSONAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION IN ALL FORMS FOR EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 18!!!

Those old school idiots who run our country, who were born prior to 1950 and never got into the "hippie" revolution of the 60's, need to step aside and let the younger generations fix our nation by picking our battles and advocating safe use of marijuana versus the highly unsafe use of other chemically enhanced or produced drugs or alcohol.

Let's change this sick nation one crack baby at a time!!! I'd much rather have a nation of chilled out slackers with cases of the munchies, than a bunch of drunks and Rx, meth, and coke dependent crack heads popping out more addicted kids than they can count.

edited - double post - I think my browser is messed.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    This morning as I got ready for work there was a story on ABC's GMA talking about the latest epidemic facing our youths...Rx drug abuse, and the addictions and/or deadly overdoses due to it.

Let me put it as simply as this...TEENS OR THOSE UNDER THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO FIND WAYS TO GET HIGH. HOW ABOUT ACCEPTING THIS FACT AND AT LEAST EDUCATING THEM ON THEIR SAFEST OPTION...MARIJUANA!!!

The fact is that it's much easier for them to get their hands on Rx drugs, "OTC" drugs, household cleaning products, booze, even meth and crack in a
    lot of areas of the country, than it is to get a hold of God's own good green herb!!!

All these goodie goodie (and sadly, former "hippies" probably) soccer moms are freaking out and are going to march to Capitol Hill to protest Rx drugs. Well, I feel for you losses, but perhaps you should have been more forthright with your kid and explained the obvious hazards of swigging down a bottle of cough syrup mixed with an Rx narcotic!

I'm 33, a father of 2 girls under 26 months old, and an infrequent pot smoker. And you know what...I always will be, and I'm proud of that.

As far as how to breach the subject to kids...my parents never admitted to it, nor have I ever asked them, nor have they ever came right out and asked me if I've ever used marijuana. Even after finding a bong in my little sisters travel bag, they chose the "don't ask, don't tell" route, and only occassionally made the "don't do drugs" comment as we drove back to college after a weekend at home. Meanwhile, I almost used up my 9 lives from age 18 through the college years (actually through a year ago :) ) with VERY unsafe alcohol induced situations.

How about being more open with kids??? Don't they deserve to know the truth? Or does every hypocrite past pot smoking parent over 40 still denounce the evils of ALL drugs?

Fuck that. I understand you don't want to be known as the "cool" parents who encourage and even provide pot to their kids, but there are worse things in life to be labeled. At least tell them the facts and hey...if they're 18 and want to get high, then give them a fucking joint every now and then if they do their chores!

I'll never forget the evening after my sister's graduation party (my bro was 23 and I was 25), when my mom forced a couple of our friends to drive home inebriated late at night versus letting them crash. Smart Mom...real fucking smart.

How about this "controversial" way to lower overdoses and drunk driving related deaths...FUCKING LEGALIZE PERSONAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION IN ALL FORMS FOR EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 18!!!

Those old school idiots who run our country, who were born prior to 1950 and never got into the "hippie" revolution of the 60's, need to step aside and let the younger generations fix our nation by picking our battles and advocating safe use of marijuana versus the highly unsafe use of other chemically enhanced or produced drugs or alcohol.

Let's change this sick nation one crack baby at a time!!! I'd much rather have a nation of chilled out slackers with cases of the munchies, than a bunch of drunks and Rx, meth, and coke dependent crack heads popping out more addicted kids than they can count.

You sound like you're from Montreal...hehe

I say Weed and Shrooms. Because you know they're going to want to try something stronger than pot eventually. I've never heard of anyone getting addicted to mushrooms. I dare say it's totally impossible even.

Meth, Coke, Heroin. The "instant hit" killers. The uncontrollably addictive manmade drugs. Any drug that makes you badly crave it with great mental and physical discomfort (particularly while you're still coming down from it)...
    that's just extremely f-ed up.

Make it so anyone can grow weed and shrooms, then sit back and watch the gang violence and drug dealers in your neighborhood disappear...

Make it so people can get a clean on buzz legally without having to go to a dealer and support gang violence in their neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:

The fact is that it's much easier for them to get their hands on Rx drugs, "OTC" drugs, household cleaning products, booze, even meth and crack in a
    lot of areas of the country, than it is to get a hold of God's own good green herb!!!

edited- double post....
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I will take acid every chance I get until the day I die, but there are plenty of people I would tell not to try it.

If you don't have a solid mental foundation - in otherwords, if you're taking it to try and cope with the world around you - you're not going to have a good time - possibly a horrible mind scarring time

But if you're an overall mentally healthy person - it's going to open up your mind to a tornado of thought and experience

Same goes for mushrooms - though a little less mentally thought driven - more hallucination manipulation of what you see driven

But the whole gateway drug argument only carries a small amount of weight, because pot is a harmless activity that is a gateway to illegal activity, anyone associated with it is breaking the law, which will lead you to groups of people regularly breaking more laws, maybe hard drugs, maybe other things.

Yes, there are plenty of otherwise law abiding citizens who smoke pot, but there will always be the other elements. In otherwords pot can lead to sub-cultures which may be more extreme that you might encounter without trying pot. As I see it

I, in theory, would LOVE shrooms and acid. However I don't fancy the risk of a bad trip that will last 8 hours. I do drugs for the fun factor. I was fortunate enough to only experience good trips the few times I did it. Weed is almost always a guaranteed good "trip" if you will, and if it's bad (hardly ever - can't think of once for me, but can name bad ones for friends), that's only 2-3 hours versus a whopping 8.
  • Options
    You sound like you're from Montreal...hehe

I say Weed and Shrooms. Because you know they're going to want to try something stronger than pot eventually. I've never heard of anyone getting addicted to mushrooms. I dare say it's totally impossible even.

Meth, Coke, Heroin. The "instant hit" killers. The uncontrollably addictive manmade drugs. Any drug that makes you badly crave it with great mental and physical discomfort (particularly while you're still coming down from it)...
    that's just extremely f-ed up.

Make it so anyone can grow weed and shrooms, then sit back and watch the gang violence and drug dealers in your neighborhood disappear...

Make it so people can get a clean on buzz legally without having to go to a dealer and support gang violence in their neighborhoods.

No, not from Montreal, but with the state of affairs in the good old USA of late...Canada is looking MIGHTY appealing to me. I agree 100% with what you wrote by the way. Hey, while we're on the subject of Canada, does anyone know much about Sarnia? I've got family in MI an hour from there, and it's right over the Port Huron bridge, so I seriously would consider that. And it's not too far from Toronto and Barrie...pretty cool areas. I think things in general in the US are getting that bad (don't even read my Yates posts). :)
  • Options
    Spartancus wrote:
    No, not from Montreal, but with the state of affairs in the good old USA of late...Canada is looking MIGHTY appealing to me. I agree 100% with what you wrote by the way. Hey, while we're on the subject of Canada, does anyone know much about Sarnia? I've got family in MI an hour from there, and it's right over the Port Huron bridge, so I seriously would consider that. And it's not too far from Toronto and Barrie...pretty cool areas. I think things in general in the US are getting that bad (don't even read my Yates posts). :)

Sarnia's about 3hrs west of Toronto. Barrie is a couple hours north of Toronto. You'll probably be wanting to check out Tobermory from Sarnia. Better than Barrie are the Muskokas if you're craving more backwoods about 2hrs north of Barrie. Georgian bay area in general is a geological wonder. The 30,000 islands chain. French river area to the north of that. The southeast quadrant of Lake Nipissing is breath taking. You access it from an Native Indian reserve (free). Surreal experience. The furthest I've gone up is Temagami (Norteast of Sudbury). The water there is like champagne, I dare say you could drink it without issue. Canada - it's all those fresh glaciers we got right above us :D
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Well - I didn't find ways to get high so your whole argument goes out the window if there's not 100% consistency.

Hey - people will always find reasons and ways to murder someone, so let's just make it legal... ;)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Well - I didn't find ways to get high so your whole argument goes out the window if there's not 100% consistency.

Hey - people will always find reasons and ways to murder someone, so let's just make it legal... ;)

Since when can getting high (hurting no one) be anywhere near comparable to the act of murdering another person?

Whoa...dude...that's a nice analogy you got there... :P
  • Options
    Since when can getting high (hurting no one) be anywhere near comparable to the act of murdering another person?

Whoa...dude...that's a nice analogy you got there... :P

The whole "hurting no one" is absolutely laughable. It's a crock and a rationalization that helps people sleep at night.

I didn't say the crimes were comparable, just the logic behind the argument.

• Options
    know1 wrote:

oh cmon you know that's not true.

If someone wants to get high bad enough they'll find a away, legal or not. Not everyone is going to do it.. you're twisting the argument just so you can try to make fun of it.

Plus, drug use is almost always a victimless crime.. just a person or some people having fun.

Comparing it to murder is exactly what those 'scared old people' i referenced earlier do... and i mean it, it's exactly what they do and it's completely ridiculous to do so.

And responding to what someone said a few posts up, Mushrooms are non-addictive as well. Only problem is you have to be careful because some of the magic mushrooms have near look-a-likes that will kill you.

Shrooms are a less intense, MUCH safer alternative to acid.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    The whole "hurting no one" is absolutely laughable. It's a crock and a rationalization that helps people sleep at night.

If I just smoke a joint (that I grew from seed) who did I just hurt? If I just murder someone who did I just hurt?

You don't see a difference there? okie...

that's just it. There is no logic behind the argument.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    know1 wrote:

Ok, we agree, it does harm families, friends etc. etc.

Are the current methods working to deter or eliminate drug use?

I say no. I think burning fields in Columbia is not making a dent because it does nothing about supply and jailing non violent drug users is not a deterrant to most users and it does nothing to help society as a whole.

I'd like to see the focal point of the drug war be placed on treatment of addicts to help them maintain sobriety and to educate young people as to the effects of illicit drug use. IE, yes smoking pot and sitting around and doing nothing can harm families and friendships just as can drinking alcohol, but cops spending time busting kids smoking pot, cigarettes and drinking alcohol if they aren't endangering the public by driving or otherwise is really not using the government effectively.

IE: I wear my seatbelt and a motorcycle helmet (not at the same time ha ha) because it's the smart thing to do not because there is a law.

Same with drugs, I choose not to use them other than drinking alcohol and the occasional cigar. I just don't see the point in busting people and sending them to prison simply because they choose to use a drug our government picks and chooses what drugs we get to use recreationally and it gets ridiculous in regards to pot. If a guy wants to go out on the beach in the morning and smoke a joint, I don't have a problem with that anymore than I do with people maybe drinking a cocktail on the beach at 5:30 when they get home. I think education and treatment are far more effective than prohibition, and it grants the public personal responsiblity. It's been shown to be effective in other parts of the world, where most of the druggies end up being American tourists.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    If I smoke a joint (that I grew from seed) who did I just hurt?

You can hurt people in absentia through drug-induced actions. You can also hurt them physically if you drive or whatever. My point is, don't try and pretend that drug use only affects the user.

If I just murder someone who did I just hurt? You don't see a difference there? okie...

that's just it. There is no logic behind the argument.

Again (second time), I do see a difference between drug use and murder.

The original post said something to the effect of "since they're going to find ways to get high, we should legalize it". There is no more logic in that than saying since they're going to murder someone anyway, we should legalize it.

The thing is, I don't even care if it's legalized. But the arguments that are made proposing that are stupid.

• Options
    I agree with Pac, but drug use (lower end drug use.. pot.. etc.. what we've been talking about) doesn't harm friends and families.

It can.. but it's not in any way a given that it will.. it's pretty rare, and usually results from 2 extremes living together (i.e. an anti-drug filmmaker who's son smokes weed every day in the house with him or something :rolleyes: )

Actually, i've made a lot of good friends through pot, too.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I agree with Pac, but drug use (lower end drug use.. pot.. etc.. what we've been talking about) doesn't harm friends and families.

It can.. but it's not in any way a given that it will.. it's pretty rare, and usually results from 2 extremes living together (i.e. an anti-drug filmmaker who's son smokes weed every day in the house with him or something :rolleyes: )

Actually, i've made a lot of good friends through pot, too.

I call BS. It DOES harm friends and families.

• Options
    know1 wrote:
    You can hurt people in absentia through drug-induced actions. You can also hurt them physically if you drive or whatever. My point is, don't try and pretend that drug use only affects the user.

Reefer madness man... i knew a guy that knew a guy that smoked a joint once, and immediately came down with mental illnesses like schitzo. and manic depression so he killed his parents with an axe!

Look, the only thing you're going to want to do high is eat, listen to music, and watch tv really. And if you do drive high, it's not like alcohol.. people can safely drive high fairly easily... it's not as safe as sober, don't get me wrong,.. but it's not like drunk driving. at all.
    know1 wrote:

Again (second time), I do see a difference between drug use and murder.

The original post said something to the effect of "since they're going to find ways to get high, we should legalize it". There is no more logic in that than saying since they're going to murder someone anyway, we should legalize it.

The thing is, I don't even care if it's legalized. But the arguments that are made proposing that are stupid.
    i understand what you're saying, but that's not the argument.

That comment was made to say that the illegalization of the drug doesn't do any good. All it does is spur crime and get innocent people locked up crowding the jails.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    fuckin A, man - legalize the herb!! meanwhile it's perfectly legal to smoke a cigarette and drink a shot of scotch(both can kill you over time) but smoking a joint?? forget it. makes no sense. :rolleyes:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Ok, we agree, it does harm families, friends etc. etc.

Are the current methods working to deter or eliminate drug use?

I say no. I think burning fields in Columbia is not making a dent because it does nothing about supply and jailing non violent drug users is not a deterrant to most users and it does nothing to help society as a whole.

I'd like to see the focal point of the drug war be placed on treatment of addicts to help them maintain sobriety and to educate young people as to the effects of illicit drug use. IE, yes smoking pot and sitting around and doing nothing can harm families and friendships just as can drinking alcohol, but cops spending time busting kids smoking pot, cigarettes and drinking alcohol if they aren't endangering the public by driving or otherwise is really not using the government effectively.

IE: I wear my seatbelt and a motorcycle helmet (not at the same time ha ha) because it's the smart thing to do not because there is a law.

Same with drugs, I choose not to use them other than drinking alcohol and the occasional cigar. I just don't see the point in busting people and sending them to prison simply because they choose to use a drug our government picks and chooses what drugs we get to use recreationally and it gets ridiculous in regards to pot. If a guy wants to go out on the beach in the morning and smoke a joint, I don't have a problem with that anymore than I do with people maybe drinking a cocktail on the beach at 5:30 when they get home. I think education and treatment are far more effective than prohibition, and it grants the public personal responsiblity. It's been shown to be effective in other parts of the world, where most of the druggies end up being American tourists.

There is a war on drugs because every kid and their brother is out on the streets selling the hard shit (crack, meth, Coke, and heroin in many cases).

People are buying it from them, some only buy weed but they still cast their vote on promoting their lifestyle. Drop out drug dealer youth of today....lovely

Take that power away from them. Let the common man cultivate herb in his own yard if he so chooses. Problem solved. Alcohol is a worse substance than pot. GMAFB. Alcohol is just as much or more of a gateway drug than anything. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    How?

I know a TON of people who smoke openly (as in, their family knows) and it hasn't torn apart a single one.

If it's going to harm the family the people in it have to try to make it harm them.. As in, disagreeing with the act of smoking pot in general, and turning it into a problem.

The people who say that kind of stuff are often the furthest people away from the actual drug culture.

"Make our day"
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    fuckin A, man - legalize the herb!! meanwhile it's perfectly legal to smoke a cigarette and drink a shot of scotch(both can kill you over time) but smoking a joint?? forget it. makes no sense. :rolleyes:

PRECISELY alcohol is somehow exempt from the entire thought process of a gateway substance....hahahahaha!

blame it all on the weed! :D

come down off those horses folks...
  • Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    MCG wrote:
    That's a terrible generalization. I smoke pot, but whenever I'm around people I always ask if the smoke bothers anybody and will always go outside to smoke. It's just common courtesy whether you are smoking pot or cigarrettes. I never ever just light up anywhere and know many people who are the same. I care about other peoples health, and I also care about my own. It's very rare that I even use it for recreation these days, I need get temporary relief from stomach problems that I don't get from prescription medicines, and even then I go to my car or outside. I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences but where I'm from that is simply not the case. People who smoke pot are not uncaring jerks, we are just people and many of us are very accomodating.

Exactly what MCG said - thanks for saving me a long post. Some of us are very contientious smokers and do care about those around us. Lumping us all into the same generalization is just plain ignorance.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    know1 wrote:

I'd love to know how. I can't think of one time I smoked a J and somehow hurt my friends or family. Certainly not physically, never verbally (I'm friendlier when stoned), never financially (it's money that comes out of my pocket). So how? Give me a relevant example please. I'd be surprised if you know1 example (weakest pun ever!).
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Reefer madness man... i knew a guy that knew a guy that smoked a joint once, and immediately came down with mental illnesses like schitzo. and manic depression so he killed his parents with an axe!

Look, the only thing you're going to want to do high is eat, listen to music, and watch tv really. And if you do drive high, it's not like alcohol.. people can safely drive high fairly easily... it's not as safe as sober, don't get me wrong,.. but it's not like drunk driving. at all.

i understand what you're saying, but that's not the argument.

That comment was made to say that the illegalization of the drug doesn't do any good. All it does is spur crime and get innocent people locked up crowding the jails.

But the illegalization of murder spurs crime and gets people locked up, too.

(and their not innocent if they broke the law - even if the law is stupid)

• Options
    MCG wrote:
    I'd love to know how. I can't think of one time I smoked a J and somehow hurt my friends or family. Certainly not physically, never verbally (I'm friendlier when stoned), never financially (it's money that comes out of my pocket). So how? Give me a relevant example please. I'd be surprised if you know1 example (weakest pun ever!).

You don't think that people might want to be with you, or spend time with you, or have a converstion, or otherwise need you to be there for them and lucid might be hurt when you're stoned and not there for them?

You don't think comments that are made when under some influence might be different from comments made when not and those would never hurt?

You don't think that money spent on drugs might be used to spend on relationships or children's items, etc. and that doesn't harm them?