Options

Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY IN FL.....the turtles and the alligators are all out today SUNNING

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Kenny Olav and I have formed a cyberband. Verily.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402

Sweet. :thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

Sweet. :thumbup:

Should be a lot of fun! :thumbup:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    What exactly is a Finsbury Park Carrot?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

It has to do with PJ playing in Finsbury Park 1992.

Mr. Fins. was there and maybe he'll tell you about the carrot part. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

I was there in 1992, but I was also there in 1993 when said carrots were thrown.
  • Options
    justam wrote:

I was there in 1992, but I was also there in 1993 when said carrots were thrown.

Sorry I got the date wrong. :oops:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Ah, they played there, both years! Easy mistake to make unless you were there each time. :)
  • Options
    Another beautiful spring day as the woodpeckers peck away...

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:
    Another beautiful spring day as the woodpeckers peck away...

Peace
    It's days like today that makes life worth living... :clap::mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Sunny late-Winter days
    Springtime yawning over a cottony horizon

Hell is Chrome

-Jeff Tweedy
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So many things I have to do....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Did anybody see last night's Super moon? We took a look from the Palm Beach, FL last night as the moon was the closest in 20 years. It sort of pinkish-orange.

work.213791.13.flat,550x550,075,f.last-nights-moon.jpg

PA-103997511-390x285.jpg

PA-10399133.jpg

Supermoon-juliustruffles-296x296.jpg

http://www.thejournal.ie/slideshow-dram ... n-2011-03/

Peace

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    it is....

'snowing'

delicate

pale pink

cherry

blossom

petals

everywhere

smiley_dancergreen.gif
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Did anybody see last night's Super moon? We took a look from the Palm Beach, FL last night as the moon was the closest in 20 years. It sort of pinkish-orange.

PA-103997511-390x285.jpg

PA-10399133.jpg

Peace

Let me add one more....that's the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse I was there when they moved it back some 500 feet from the eroding sand dunes near the Atlantic Ocean.

PA-10399121-257x400.jpg

Peace

• Options
    g under p, this picture is really astonishing because the moon looks too big to be real, but it probably IS real. :shock: I love it. Where did you take it? :)
    g under p wrote:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    g under p, this picture is really astonishing because the moon looks too big to be real, but it probably IS real. :shock: I love it. Where did you take it? :)
    g under p wrote:

I wish like hell I took it but ever since there was that scene in the movie Malcolm X (with the KKK on horses and the moon in the background) and moon was in the background like this shot I've been fascinated with the moon. Especially living way out here next to the everglades where there's not much man made light, the stars and the moon are so bright and clear. I'm going out to take a golf car ride and try and get some shots of the moon, lights up outside like sunlight but with the sun with SHADES on. 8-)

The moon was gorgeous over the Atlantic Ocean.

Peace

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    It appears in that picture as though the full moon is either setting or rising on the same horizon as the sun is either setting or rising. The moon and sun travel the same path in the sky. On full moon nights, the moon rises just as the sun is setting--but on the exact opposite horizon (therefore also setting as the sun rises in the opposite sky). The sun and moon "rise" and travel together only during a "new" moon--but during a new moon phase, there's nothing visible facing us, or phasing us.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In my head was the wind
    the sunshine my eye
    I could not feel what I had just held
    and this was all alright
    I said to myself, "and then the phone rings"
    and then the phone rang

a ding-a-ling-a-ling
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    The Atlantic was born today! And I'll tell you how: the clouds above opened up and let it out.

I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere while the water filled every hole, and thousands upon thousands made an ocean, putting islands where no island should go.

Most people were overjoyed; they took to their boats. I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat.

The rhythm of my footsteps crossing flatlands to your door has been silenced forever.

The distance is simply much too far for me to row. It seems so much farther than before. I need you so much closer.

So come on.

I love Death Cab.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

PA-103997511-390x285.jpg

PA-10399133.jpg

Peace

fuckin' hell :o

beautiful

there are no words to describe it

just how majestic it is, aaaaaaah i love the moon

takes my breath away

but these pictures go beyond that

i'm jealous of the lucky bastard who got to take those, got to witness firsthand something that intense

thanks for sharing
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    We were so good in the beginning,..
    It hurts now,..
    I hate myself for no longer caring for you
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Those are some beautiful pictures of the moon - thank you for sharing them.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    "Remaining silent is agreeing with the bully"
  • Options
    Stop saying "I'm never boring, though." You're boring me.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    pandora wrote:

good morning Pandi, last night my son showed me a you tube vid of a little twerp bulling a pretty big kid when all the sudden the big kid picks up the little twerp and body slams him on the cement hallway at school..
    big dorky kid..1
    little twrep..0
    I have to admit I laughed my butt off :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    pandora wrote:

good morning Pandi, last night my son showed me a you tube vid of a little twerp bulling a pretty big kid when all the sudden the big kid picks up the little twerp and body slams him on the cement hallway at school..
    big dorky kid..1
    little twrep..0
    I have to admit I laughed my butt off :lol:

Godfather.
    :wave:
    guess you can't judge a bully by their size ...well maybe the size of their heart

comrades can stop a bully without violence ...strength in numbers :D
  • Options
    Bullies are always cowards at heart and may be credited with a pretty safe instinct in scenting their prey.”...AJC

Peace

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I got a call last night from the Olympic BMX training director who told me that my son Rusty will be funded to go to Copenhagen Denmark this year to race the "BMX World championship" race, that's HUGE !
    and tonight his last race in Florida will be televised on UNIVERSAL SPORTS, his number plate is #205 or #1 depending on which race that weekend they filmed but more than likely it should be # 205 in the Jr. Elite class.
    I'm not sure what time it will be aired but if any of you get a chance to check it out you can get a good look at BMX Racing.

Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.